Matt and Jeff Hardy leaving TNA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt and Jeff Hardy leaving TNA

Matt and Jeff Hardy will NOT be signing new deals with Impact Wrestling, and it’s reportedly because the brothers felt disrespected during contract talks.

Sources are reporting The Hardys agreed to terms on a new TNA deal back in December, but requested a few minor changes, and were simply waiting for the finalized offer.

The deal was supposed to be for 1-year, but weeks and weeks passed, with Matt constantly checking in, but they were consistently given the run around.

Eventually Matt and Jeff’s lawyer informed Impact Wrestling officials that they wanted a creative control clause written into their new deals, but that was shot down immediately. One source claims the Hardy’s lawyer told Ed Nordholm of Anthem Sports & Entertainment there was interest from other companies and he responded by saying, “Well, tell them to go to WWE then.”

This set Jeff Hardy off, who at that point said he was no longer interested in re-signing. Matt continued talks, but when they sent a new contract last week it was now a 2-year deal and terms had been snuck in which stated they’d receive 10% of all his profits outside of Impact.

Matt’s lawyer said he’d be a fool to sign, so he informed the company he wasn’t interested in doing so, but would still come to the tapings to write off his characters. However, he was told he was crazy to think they’d want him on TV without a contact.

Impact Wrestling officials are reportedly trying to get their tag titles back.

Re: Matt and Jeff Hardy leaving TNA

Source?
    Bring back the fourth wall

Comment

Source?
      Bring back the fourth wall

Comment

orginally facebook, alot of sites are talking about the same thing about an hour ago

Comment

orginally facebook, alot of sites are talking about the same thing about an hour ago

Comment

This was right from the article from ProWrestlingSheet.com

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/bro.../#.WLSD8vnyiHt
            Originally posted by mx518
            he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
            No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
            NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

This was right from the article from ProWrestlingSheet.com

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/bro.../#.WLSD8vnyiHt
              he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
              No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
              NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

I found a couple sources through Google. Wrestlezone, Cageside Seats, and 411Mania are all saying pretty much the same thing. I'm not sure if I would buy into it, as it seems this happens every time either of their contracts come up. I guess we'll see though. Should be interesting.

http://http://www.wrestlezone.com/ne...uture-and-more

sigpic

Comment

I found a couple sources through Google. Wrestlezone, Cageside Seats, and 411Mania are all saying pretty much the same thing. I'm not sure if I would buy into it, as it seems this happens every time either of their contracts come up. I guess we'll see though. Should be interesting.

http://http://www.wrestlezone.com/ne...uture-and-more

sigpic

Comment

originally i found out by facebook, and found different articles and that was one of them

Comment

originally i found out by facebook, and found different articles and that was one of them

Comment

I don't know if Anthem is at fault for being less than professional or not. It's the trying to get back their belts that bothers me. Like they're second rate or something.

Maybe it's not a big deal if the Hardy's leave. Anthem has to build an entire wrestling company nearly from scratch. It's not like they can do it with just the Hardy's so if they can't? If they're gonna be just as incompetent as Dixie was? Who cares what their roster looks like.

But either way, take a moment to think about this. We're all freaking out, hoping the Hardy's don't leave ...

When just a little while back we were bitching about Matt Hardy winning the TNA world title.

Wrestling is funny. Blink and you miss things.

Comment

I don't know if Anthem is at fault for being less than professional or not. It's the trying to get back their belts that bothers me. Like they're second rate or something.

Maybe it's not a big deal if the Hardy's leave. Anthem has to build an entire wrestling company nearly from scratch. It's not like they can do it with just the Hardy's so if they can't? If they're gonna be just as incompetent as Dixie was? Who cares what their roster looks like.

But either way, take a moment to think about this. We're all freaking out, hoping the Hardy's don't leave ...

When just a little while back we were bitching about Matt Hardy winning the TNA world title.

Wrestling is funny. Blink and you miss things.

Comment

As over as Broken Matt is, I doubt it will affect ratings.

Certainly makes the next set of tapings very interesting, with both Galloway and the Hardy Boyz out of the picture.

Comment

As over as Broken Matt is, I doubt it will affect ratings.

Certainly makes the next set of tapings very interesting, with both Galloway and the Hardy Boyz out of the picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X