Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Matt and Jeff Hardy leaving TNA

Originally posted by Big Pete View Post
    As over as Broken Matt is, I doubt it will affect ratings.

Certainly makes the next set of tapings very interesting, with both Galloway and the Hardy Boyz out of the picture.
    Literally NOTHING will affect TNA's ratings. And now, the one that that was universally praised by people watching TNA is gone.
    Originally posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

As over as Broken Matt is, I doubt it will affect ratings.

Certainly makes the next set of tapings very interesting, with both Galloway and the Hardy Boyz out of the picture.
      Literally NOTHING will affect TNA's ratings. And now, the one that that was universally praised by people watching TNA is gone.
      he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
      No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
      NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

It's amazing how many times people have left TNA while holding Titles.

Comment

It's amazing how many times people have left TNA while holding Titles.

Comment

Matt confirms it on Twitter.
            [MENTION=245]Matt[/MENTION]HARDYBRAND
            My stint with @IMPACTWRESTLING was DELIGHTFUL. EXCEPTIONAL talent & locker room. A great, respectful team that worked hard in tough times.
            I wish @IMPACTWRESTLING all the best going forward, especially the INDUSTRIOUS talent. I hope they're all treated with respect & fairness.

Unless something major changes over the next two days, current TNA Tag Team Champions Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy are set to leave the company, according to PWInsider.

Similar to the situation that saw current Impact Grand Champion Drew Galloway leave this week, The Hardys did not physically receive new contracts until just a few weeks before their current deals were set to expire. A source blamed the late arrival on the change-over from TNA's former parent company to Anthem Media. The brothers were reportedly not happy with the last-minute and rushed nature, and with some of the language in the contract. The two sides reportedly verbally agreed to new terms back in December 2016.

Matt has had "extreme creative control" over the "Broken" storylines on TNA TV and that likely would not have continued under the new TNA creative regime of Jeff Jarrett.

The new deals being offered to talents reportedly include a clause that would require talents to have outside appearances approved by the company, and would require the talent to pay TNA 10% of their earnings from that event. Another source stated that a "big money offer" was made to The Hardys one that would have seen them be one of the top paid, if not the top paid act, in the company, but if they didn't want to sign then it was time to move on. It's believed that The Hardys do not want to leave TNA as the schedule and the ability for Matt to travel with his family was a major benefit. Matt's wife Reby Sky has been signed to her own deal but she would likely leave with him, if that's what happens.

The Hardys have offered to come to this week's Impact tapings in Orlando to drop the titles but as of this afternoon no agreement had been reached.

This adds to the speculation that The Hardys may be returning to WWE. We do know that WWE has been interested in bringing the former WWE Tag Team Champions back.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net9
            I reckon the part about paying TNA 10% to work independent events would do it for me.

Comment

Matt confirms it on Twitter.
              My stint with @IMPACTWRESTLING was DELIGHTFUL. EXCEPTIONAL talent & locker room. A great, respectful team that worked hard in tough times.
              I wish @IMPACTWRESTLING all the best going forward, especially the INDUSTRIOUS talent. I hope they're all treated with respect & fairness.

Unless something major changes over the next two days, current TNA Tag Team Champions Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy are set to leave the company, according to PWInsider.

Similar to the situation that saw current Impact Grand Champion Drew Galloway leave this week, The Hardys did not physically receive new contracts until just a few weeks before their current deals were set to expire. A source blamed the late arrival on the change-over from TNA's former parent company to Anthem Media. The brothers were reportedly not happy with the last-minute and rushed nature, and with some of the language in the contract. The two sides reportedly verbally agreed to new terms back in December 2016.

Matt has had "extreme creative control" over the "Broken" storylines on TNA TV and that likely would not have continued under the new TNA creative regime of Jeff Jarrett.

The new deals being offered to talents reportedly include a clause that would require talents to have outside appearances approved by the company, and would require the talent to pay TNA 10% of their earnings from that event. Another source stated that a "big money offer" was made to The Hardys one that would have seen them be one of the top paid, if not the top paid act, in the company, but if they didn't want to sign then it was time to move on. It's believed that The Hardys do not want to leave TNA as the schedule and the ability for Matt to travel with his family was a major benefit. Matt's wife Reby Sky has been signed to her own deal but she would likely leave with him, if that's what happens.

The Hardys have offered to come to this week's Impact tapings in Orlando to drop the titles but as of this afternoon no agreement had been reached.

This adds to the speculation that The Hardys may be returning to WWE. We do know that WWE has been interested in bringing the former WWE Tag Team Champions back.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net9
              I reckon the part about paying TNA 10% to work independent events would do it for me.

Comment

You mean praised by people not watching TNA? Because the people watching still have Lashley, Allie and Rosemary are all beloved by the fans as well.

Unfortunately Broken Matt wasn't getting those fans to tune in regularly. So while it may seem like a big deal, if Anthem play their cards right, it really shouldn't matter.

I wonder if Shane Helms, Trevor Lee and Andrew Everett will hang around?

Comment

You mean praised by people not watching TNA? Because the people watching still have Lashley, Allie and Rosemary are all beloved by the fans as well.

Unfortunately Broken Matt wasn't getting those fans to tune in regularly. So while it may seem like a big deal, if Anthem play their cards right, it really shouldn't matter.

Comment

Financially it's not a bad thing. The Hardys would be on higher end contracts in TNA terms, they could save some cash - invest in some decent mid-card talent, but fuck me, I doubt I could sit through more Lashley / EC3 programs - they're in a tough spot, they still need to hire a draw-card or two.

I'd take a stab and say, the top players on the independents are Bullet Club - and that won't happen for TNA.

Comment

Financially it's not a bad thing. The Hardys would be on higher end contracts in TNA terms, they could save some cash - invest in some decent mid-card talent, but fuck me, I doubt I could sit through more Lashley / EC3 programs - they're in a tough spot, they still need to hire a draw-card or two.

I'd take a stab and say, the top players on the independents are Bullet Club - and that won't happen for TNA.

Comment

Yeah and at least this incentivizes them to do just that.

And really outside of those heavily edited matches, the Hardys were not a fun team to watch in the ring.

The roster needed a shake-up and losing a guy that's been around since 2010 and probably hurt the company more than he's helped may actually be a blessing in a disguise.

Comment

Yeah and at least this incentivizes them to do just that.

And really outside of those heavily edited matches, the Hardys were not a fun team to watch in the ring.

The roster needed a shake-up and losing a guy that's been around since 2010 and probably hurt the company more than he's helped may actually be a blessing in a disguise.

Comment

Originally posted by Djm View Post
                            The sole reason for me to care at all about TNA now is Kingston. And despite my love for him, I just cannot force myself to watch shit solely for him.

And of course TNA is freaking out about the belts. The Hardyz do not have a no compete clause meaning Vince could have had them on air last night throwing down the belts ECW style.

Reby's tweets have been hilarious. Matt is being really civil and professional and she is shit talking non-stop.

And yeah, I cannot see a world where The Bucks work TNA and not WWE now.
                            Flowers gathered in the morning,
                            Afternoon they blossom on,
                            Still are withered by the evening:
                            You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

The sole reason for me to care at all about TNA now is Kingston. And despite my love for him, I just cannot force myself to watch shit solely for him.

And of course TNA is freaking out about the belts. The Hardyz do not have a no compete clause meaning Vince could have had them on air last night throwing down the belts ECW style.

Reby's tweets have been hilarious. Matt is being really civil and professional and she is shit talking non-stop.

And yeah, I cannot see a world where The Bucks work TNA and not WWE now.

Comment

Apparently not as praised as people think as the E forum here is shitting on the gimmick.

Comment

Working...
                                X