Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 100 wrestling match to watch before we bite the big one

Originally posted by Emperor View Post
    Perhaps I didn't explain myself very well. My point was that I never heard anyone say that the screwjob match itself was anything special. I had no reason to believe that. I figured the only reason that match wasn't completely forgotten was the finish. Given what has been said in the last few posts, it seems like a much better match than I assumed.
    The thing I remembered from the Screwjob was the atmosphere at the arena in Montreal. Word had gotten out that Bret was going to WCW. For like the first time ever, a wrestler was defending a world title while under agreement/contract with the competition. I had a friend back then that had a rigged cable box and we used to watch all the ppv's. We were much bigger fans of WCW than WWF but we watched that one with interest once I had confirmed Bret was leaving that day.

Comment

Since the Montreal Screwjob's been talked about, here it is-

This match also needed to be included...Slaughter and Patterson had quite the blood feud going on and it includes this bloody back alley fight in MSG. At 3:34 into the match, you can briefly spot Vince Sr sitting down in front of the ring apron on the left side. Look at Slaughter's head and follow left to the man in the suit with his head down.. For those of ya'll who've never seen this match, by all means watch it! It's bloody as hell, involving a ringpost, Patterson's cowboy boot hitting Slaughter's skull multiple times plus a raucous crowd and great finish.

Comment

Since the Montreal Screwjob's been talked about, here it is-

This match also needed to be included...Slaughter and Patterson had quite the blood feud going on and it includes this bloody back alley fight in MSG. At 3:34 into the match, you can briefly spot Vince Sr sitting down in front of the ring apron on the left side. Look at Slaughter's head and follow left to the man in the suit with his head down.. For those of ya'll who've never seen this match, by all means watch it! It's bloody as hell, involving a ringpost, Patterson's cowboy boot hitting Slaughter's skull multiple times plus a raucous crowd and great finish.

Comment

Found a match I never knew existed..It's Savage vs Bockwinkel in Memphis in I wanna say, sometime in mid 85. Savage is the Southern Heavyweight Champion. Bockwinkel does the most brawling I've ever seen outta him plus Savage wins with a nice Piledriver. Though it's weird seeing Bockwinkel as a face here...

Comment

Found a match I never knew existed..It's Savage vs Bockwinkel in Memphis in I wanna say, sometime in mid 85. Savage is the Southern Heavyweight Champion. Bockwinkel does the most brawling I've ever seen outta him plus Savage wins with a nice Piledriver. Though it's weird seeing Bockwinkel as a face here...

Comment

Working...
            X