Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucha Underground Coming To Netflix Soon!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lucha Underground Coming To Netflix Soon!

Well they apparently aren't filming season 4 until 2018....

but I'm amazed how many people are streaming illegally. I've been watching weekly on YouTube since season 1.

Thank you Surrender!!!
    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Comment

Well they apparently aren't filming season 4 until 2018....

but I'm amazed how many people are streaming illegally. I've been watching weekly on YouTube since season 1.

Thank you Surrender!!!
      Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
      If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Comment

I just hope they maintain the quality and edginess once they go mainstream.

Comment

I just hope they maintain the quality and edginess once they go mainstream.

Comment

NOTHING IS CONFIRMED, but there has been a LOT of talk making the rounds that Lucha Underground, as in the entire series, could be leaving El Rey and shifting over to Netflix. It is a story that has been talked about publicly over the last several days (specifically on a Konnan podcast appearance) but privately over the last week or two. I have been unable to get any sort of comment, one way or the other, about the status of the series. The plan was to film a new season before the end of the year, but nothing has been made official. El Rey has split the current season up with the idea that it would air towards the latter part of 2017, which was not the plan when it was filmed. The fact El Rey has canceled its flagship series "From Dusk 'Till Dawn" is telling in terms of their future plans in my opinion, but again, we will see what happens. There has been very little promotional support for LU this season and obviously no touring for the brand beyond a few shows in the Southwest, so the series has yet to morph beyond being a very different and fun TV series,
            Here's the latest from PWInsider.

Comment

NOTHING IS CONFIRMED, but there has been a LOT of talk making the rounds that Lucha Underground, as in the entire series, could be leaving El Rey and shifting over to Netflix. It is a story that has been talked about publicly over the last several days (specifically on a Konnan podcast appearance) but privately over the last week or two. I have been unable to get any sort of comment, one way or the other, about the status of the series. The plan was to film a new season before the end of the year, but nothing has been made official. El Rey has split the current season up with the idea that it would air towards the latter part of 2017, which was not the plan when it was filmed. The fact El Rey has canceled its flagship series "From Dusk 'Till Dawn" is telling in terms of their future plans in my opinion, but again, we will see what happens. There has been very little promotional support for LU this season and obviously no touring for the brand beyond a few shows in the Southwest, so the series has yet to morph beyond being a very different and fun TV series,
              Here's the latest from PWInsider.

Comment

I want Lucha on Netflix. The fact that Canada doesn't have it yet, not even on the Fight Network, makes me sick.

Still My Champ
                Thanks, surrender.

Comment

I want Lucha on Netflix. The fact that Canada doesn't have it yet, not even on the Fight Network, makes me sick.

Still My Champ
                  Thanks, surrender.

Comment

One thing we over look, if the first season, just by itself, gets on Netflix?

It's gonna be a big deal. For many? It'll be their first introduction to the promotion. Will also draw in many Netflix subscribers who don't even watch wrestling because they'll get that email (NEW THIS MONTH! A fun wrestling show, critically acclaimed, blah Blah Blah!!!) and look at it out of curiousity.

So even if it's not doing new episodes for the flix , big deal.

Comment

One thing we over look, if the first season, just by itself, gets on Netflix?

It's gonna be a big deal. For many? It'll be their first introduction to the promotion. Will also draw in many Netflix subscribers who don't even watch wrestling because they'll get that email (NEW THIS MONTH! A fun wrestling show, critically acclaimed, blah Blah Blah!!!) and look at it out of curiousity.

So even if it's not doing new episodes for the flix , big deal.

Comment

I'll finally be able to watch this properly

God help and forgive me,
                        I wanna build something thatís gonna outlive me

Comment

I'll finally be able to watch this properly

God help and forgive me,
                          I wanna build something thatís gonna outlive me

Comment

– According to the latest edition of Court Bauer’s MLW Radio (via PWinsider), the first two season of Lucha Underground will debut on Netflix on February 15. The series had 39 episodes in Season One and 26 in season two. Bauer is a former WWE Creative Team member and promoter; he had worked for Lucha Underground last year and at had been involved in a push to get the series on the streaming platform. This news follows rumors that started last month, claiming that the series would be leaving The El Rey Network completely for Netflix. If it happens, Lucha Underground will be the first wrestling promotion/series hosted on the streaming service. Lucha Underground is currently in their third season, but are currently on a break as El Rey made the call to split and extend the season.
                            There you have it. Good news.

Comment

– According to the latest edition of Court Bauer’s MLW Radio (via PWinsider), the first two season of Lucha Underground will debut on Netflix on February 15. The series had 39 episodes in Season One and 26 in season two. Bauer is a former WWE Creative Team member and promoter; he had worked for Lucha Underground last year and at had been involved in a push to get the series on the streaming platform. This news follows rumors that started last month, claiming that the series would be leaving The El Rey Network completely for Netflix. If it happens, Lucha Underground will be the first wrestling promotion/series hosted on the streaming service. Lucha Underground is currently in their third season, but are currently on a break as El Rey made the call to split and extend the season.
                              There you have it. Good news.

Comment

I couldn't be more erect right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X