PW's Match of the Year 2016 Tournament

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PW's Match of the Year 2016 Tournament

The running 'Match of the Year' threads in the Wide World of Wrestling sub-forum has been one of the richest resources on PW for discussing the years best matches and unearthing hidden gems that you otherwise wouldn't have come across. This year, after talking through the idea with the moderators, I want us to decide which of those matches that we have loved during 2016 is considered PW's true Match of the Year for 2016. To decide this we have two stages.

1. The Nominations

This is your chance to nominate the 10 matches you feel are the finest from 2016. They can be from any promotion in the world as long as they took place in 2016.

PM me a list of your Top 10 matches of 2016 in order by the 8th January 2017. To make life easier for me, I'd appreicate them in the following format:

Wrestler(s) vs. Wrestler(s); Any Stipulations/Titles on the line; Promotion; Event; Date

Through these lists, points will be earned, with the number 1 ranked match on your list receiving 10 points, number 2 getting 9 and so forth.

2. The Knockout Tournament

After all of the lists are tallied, I will use a randomiser to place the top 16 into a straight knockout tournament to decide PW's 2016 Match of the Year.

I hope people take part in this and that we get a wide range of matches and promotions represented. Come on down and submit your nominations!

s u r r e n d e r

***Take part in PW's Match of the Year 2016 Tournament in the Wide World of Wrestling**
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...53#post4407453

Re: PW's Match of the Year 2016 Tournament

Gonna watch a few more matches & then get my list in.
    surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

Comment

Gonna watch a few more matches & then get my list in.
      surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

Comment

If it's not Final Deletion...

Comment

If it's not Final Deletion...

Comment

With Tonal Nonstop Deletion and Roadblock having taken place, we're unlikely to get many more MOTY contenders, so go ahead and start assembling your lists:

@HilaryFan @CM Punk'd @Knox @milopo @Big Pete @Ed @theshape31 @patrick94 @Ness @Engel @Jay Lethal @SM? @Emperor @Falcone @Pinkman @The Dazz @The Main Event @Djm @Strobe @Saffron Warrior @Peepshow @Raven* @LS @Lony @Michinokudriver @Oncall @Matt @Todd @Lawrence @Sea Slug @Mistress @whocares @Stefan @nazzer @The Show @Krimzon @T-Bone @StunVKMcmahon

s u r r e n d e r

***Take part in PW's Match of the Year 2016 Tournament in the Wide World of Wrestling**

Comment

With Tonal Nonstop Deletion and Roadblock having taken place, we're unlikely to get many more MOTY contenders, so go ahead and start assembling your lists:

@HilaryFan @CM Punk'd @Knox @milopo @Big Pete @Ed @theshape31 @patrick94 @Ness @Engel @Jay Lethal @SM? @Emperor @Falcone @Pinkman @The Dazz @The Main Event @Djm @Strobe @Saffron Warrior @Peepshow @Raven* @LS @Lony @Michinokudriver @Oncall @Matt @Todd @Lawrence @Sea Slug @Mistress @whocares @Stefan @nazzer @The Show @Krimzon @T-Bone @StunVKMcmahon

s u r r e n d e r

Comment

Will have to watch as many matches outside of WWE as I can before I make this list.

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Comment

Will have to watch as many matches outside of WWE as I can before I make this list.

Big thanks to Surrender!

PW Accolades

Spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by The Dazz View Post
                    Good man - thought don't be put off by not having seen anything - your ten is just a nomination.

s u r r e n d e r

Comment

Originally posted by The Dazz View Post
                      Good man - thought don't be put off by not having seen anything - your ten is just a nomination.

s u r r e n d e r

Comment

I'll get started now. I know most of my top ten already.

Comment

I'll get started now. I know most of my top ten already.

Comment

Submitted....thanks to the forum by the way. Got a lot of entertainment by looking at the MOTY thread over the year. I don't get to watch NJPW or ROH much, so I'll try to pick matches getting rave reviews.

4 NJPW matches in my top 10
                            4 WWE matches in my top 10
                            2 NXT matches in my top 10
                            1 ROH match that I debated putting in over my #10

I like my list though, it's truly the matches that entertained me the most this year.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

Comment

Submitted....thanks to the forum by the way. Got a lot of entertainment by looking at the MOTY thread over the year. I don't get to watch NJPW or ROH much, so I'll try to pick matches getting rave reviews.

4 NJPW matches in my top 10
                              4 WWE matches in my top 10
                              2 NXT matches in my top 10
                              1 ROH match that I debated putting in over my #10

I like my list though, it's truly the matches that entertained me the most this year.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X