This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NJPW Superthread

It's as if New Japan literally knows me.

Originally posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

New Year Dash Notes
      YOSHI-HASHI (ROH), Michael Elgin (Intercontinental) Juice Robinson (NEVER) all pinned the respective champions in tag matches.
      Dragon Lee attacked and then challenged Hiromu Takahashi to a Junior Heavyweight match
      Suzuki-gun made their returned and took out CHAOS
      Tanahashi & Nakanishi & Taguchi are the new NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Champions
      Outside of LIJ, I'm bored of all the stables in New Japan.

The return of Suzuki-gun only hammers that point home and they have freakin' Minoru Suzuki.

Comment

New Year Dash Notes
        YOSHI-HASHI (ROH), Michael Elgin (Intercontinental) Juice Robinson (NEVER) all pinned the respective champions in tag matches.
        Dragon Lee attacked and then challenged Hiromu Takahashi to a Junior Heavyweight match
        Suzuki-gun made their returned and took out CHAOS
        Tanahashi & Nakanishi & Taguchi are the new NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Champions

The return of Suzuki-gun only hammers that point home and they have freakin' Minoru Suzuki.

Comment

Was a great show, and set up what should be some awesome matches. The only dark spot is the NEVER 6 mans being lost after one day to a team consisting of two current jobbers to the stars. Absolutely ridiculous decision

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Comment

Was a great show, and set up what should be some awesome matches. The only dark spot is the NEVER 6 mans being lost after one day to a team consisting of two current jobbers to the stars. Absolutely ridiculous decision

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Comment

New Year Dash. The post-Wrestle Kingdom show. It's a fresh start. New feuds. New title challengers. Big things happen. I checked out the show. I'll expand on Big Pete's brief notes.
              • There were two Bullet Club matches, but I didn't see Cody present. Guess NJPW are still keeping him a bit of a mystery.
              • Elgin/KUSHIDA vs Naito/Takahashi was a very good match, far above your average NJPW throwaway tag.
              • Dragon Lee interfered in that match when Naito looked to be hitting Destino on Elgin (after a low blow). He will be Takahashi's next challenger. Anyone know anything about Dragon Lee?
              • Not only did Elgin pin Naito, but he did so with a new move. The Burning Hammer! Well, at least that's the call Kevin Kelly made, but it looked more like a inverted AA to me as opposed to a sheer head drop.
              • Ospreay got in Shibata's face at the start of their tag match, expressing an interest in the British Heavyweight title. They followed up with an awesome sequence to open the match.
              • Nagata made to walk out of the match when the crowd cheered Yano, then they changed his name and he walked back. All in good fun.
              • Okada was very banged up with taped ribs, back, and a dark bruise just below the throat. In contrast, Omega kept his shirt on during his match, and he has full-length leg gear.
              • Juice Robinson needed a bit of help in pinning Goto, he was set up by Shibata's Penalty Kick, but a shocking result nonetheless. Robinson could be Goto's next challenger.
              • Suzuki-gun's return got an enormous reaction from the crowd. They spent at least five minutes annihilating CHAOS, culminating with Suzuki choking out Okada and making the challenge.
              • Didn't watch the main event, the NEVER six man tag match, but I'm baffled at the result. The titles have been booked like the hottest of potatoes since they were created, so it shouldn't be too surprising, but EVIL, SANADA and BUSHI are a genuine six man team who I thought would be the first team to have a lengthy reign with the belts, and make them into something meaningful. Guess not.

Comment

New Year Dash. The post-Wrestle Kingdom show. It's a fresh start. New feuds. New title challengers. Big things happen. I checked out the show. I'll expand on Big Pete's brief notes.
                • There were two Bullet Club matches, but I didn't see Cody present. Guess NJPW are still keeping him a bit of a mystery.
                • Elgin/KUSHIDA vs Naito/Takahashi was a very good match, far above your average NJPW throwaway tag.
                • Dragon Lee interfered in that match when Naito looked to be hitting Destino on Elgin (after a low blow). He will be Takahashi's next challenger. Anyone know anything about Dragon Lee?
                • Not only did Elgin pin Naito, but he did so with a new move. The Burning Hammer! Well, at least that's the call Kevin Kelly made, but it looked more like a inverted AA to me as opposed to a sheer head drop.
                • Ospreay got in Shibata's face at the start of their tag match, expressing an interest in the British Heavyweight title. They followed up with an awesome sequence to open the match.
                • Nagata made to walk out of the match when the crowd cheered Yano, then they changed his name and he walked back. All in good fun.
                • Okada was very banged up with taped ribs, back, and a dark bruise just below the throat. In contrast, Omega kept his shirt on during his match, and he has full-length leg gear.
                • Juice Robinson needed a bit of help in pinning Goto, he was set up by Shibata's Penalty Kick, but a shocking result nonetheless. Robinson could be Goto's next challenger.
                • Suzuki-gun's return got an enormous reaction from the crowd. They spent at least five minutes annihilating CHAOS, culminating with Suzuki choking out Okada and making the challenge.
                • Didn't watch the main event, the NEVER six man tag match, but I'm baffled at the result. The titles have been booked like the hottest of potatoes since they were created, so it shouldn't be too surprising, but EVIL, SANADA and BUSHI are a genuine six man team who I thought would be the first team to have a lengthy reign with the belts, and make them into something meaningful. Guess not.

Comment

Emperor, you NEED to check out Dragon Lee vs Kamaitachi from last years Fantasticamania show. It's highly praised and with good reason. If this second match is half as good we are in for a barn burner

Comment

Emperor, you NEED to check out Dragon Lee vs Kamaitachi from last years Fantasticamania show. It's highly praised and with good reason. If this second match is half as good we are in for a barn burner

Comment

• Re: NJPW Superthread

Originally posted by Big Pete View Post

I don't mind it, mostly cause it means Killer Elite Squad are back in New Japan and I actually like the team of Archer and Smith.

Banner Credit: Surrender
                      Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
                      Dragon Ball Super, Pokemon Sun & Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Big Pete View Post

I don't mind it, mostly cause it means Killer Elite Squad are back in New Japan and I actually like the team of Archer and Smith.

Banner Credit: Surrender
                        Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
                        Dragon Ball Super, Pokemon Sun & Moon

Comment

https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/s...23227886125056

I will be stepping away from Japan to reassess my future. The path of my journey may change, but my goals will not.

he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
                          No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.

Comment

https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/s...23227886125056

I will be stepping away from Japan to reassess my future. The path of my journey may change, but my goals will not.

Comment

What does this mean [MENTION=34279]Djm[/MENTION]?

Am I going to have to tune into the Rumble to find out?

Comment

What does this mean [MENTION=34279]Djm[/MENTION]?

Am I going to have to tune into the Rumble to find out?

Comment

Working...
                                X