This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NJPW Superthread

Outside of the homage (the taunt), there's no relation between Hansen and The Lariat, kayfabe or otherwise. Another ROH wrestler Silas Young tried claiming he was the nephew of Stan but Hansen blew the rumour off on the JR show.

So Goto/Ishii are going to win this tournament right?

Comment

It's between them and GBH in Block B. I imagine Block A will come down to War Machine and Tencozy. I'd be more interested in seeing Tenzan/Kojima win than Goto/Ishii, and I don't think it's out of this world either.

Comment

It's between them and GBH in Block B. I imagine Block A will come down to War Machine and Tencozy. I'd be more interested in seeing Tenzan/Kojima win than Goto/Ishii, and I don't think it's out of this world either.

Comment

I'm down for a War Machine/Tencozy vs GBH/LIDJ/Goto Ishii final. Any of the possible combinations from those 5 teams would please me

I'm hoping they go the unconventional heel/heel route and do GOD vs LIDJ at WK. That would be my first choice

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Comment

I'm down for a War Machine/Tencozy vs GBH/LIDJ/Goto Ishii final. Any of the possible combinations from those 5 teams would please me

I'm hoping they go the unconventional heel/heel route and do GOD vs LIDJ at WK. That would be my first choice

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Comment

I wouldn't have an issue with that.

A central theme of NJPW is the Dragon Gate esque stable wars and SANADA/EVIL were among New Japan's best last year.

Comment

I wouldn't have an issue with that.

A central theme of NJPW is the Dragon Gate esque stable wars and SANADA/EVIL were among New Japan's best last year.

Comment

Random Question: How many stars has Tanahashi helped create?

Okada, Omega, Ishii, Anderson...

Am I forgetting anyone?

Comment

Random Question: How many stars has Tanahashi helped create?

Okada, Omega, Ishii, Anderson...

Am I forgetting anyone?

Comment

SANADA

Comment

SANADA

Comment

Time will tell on SANADA.

Being the difference maker in the IWGP Championship match was what put him on the map.

Comment

Time will tell on SANADA.

Being the difference maker in the IWGP Championship match was what put him on the map.

Comment

World Tag League Results

Day 4 - B Block
                              SANADA and EVIL defeated Bad Luck Fale and Bone Soldier (9:30)
                              Yoshitatsu and Billy Gunn defeated Great Bash Heel (no time given)
                              Hirooki Goto and Tomohiro Ishii defeated Kenny Omega and Chase Owens (10:36)
                              Kazuchika Okada and YOSHI-HASHI defeated Katsuyori Shibata and Yuji Nagata (17:30)

Day 5 - A Block
                              Brian Breaker and Leland Race defeated Manabu Nakanishi and Henare(11:54)
                              Guerrillas of Destiny defeated War Machine (11:33)
                              Yujiro Takahashi and Hangman Page defeated Tetsuya Naito and Rush (13:03)
                              Tencozy defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi and Juice Robinson (18:49)

Day 6 - B Block
                              SANADA and EVIL defeated Yoshitatsu and Billy Gunn (9:22)
                              Kenny Omega and Chase Owens defeated Bad Luck Fale and Bone Soldier (7:41)
                              Katsuyori Shibata and Yuji Nagata defeated Great Bash Heel (10:58)
                              Kazuchika Okada and YOSHI-HASHI defeated Hirooki Goto and Tomohiro Ishii (18:49)

Day 7 - A Block
                              Guerrillas of Destiny defeated Manabu Nakanishi and Henare (10:18)
                              War Machine defeated Tencozy (8:44)
                              Tetsuya Naito and Rush defeated Brian Breaker and Leland Race (12:17)
                              Hiroshi Tanahashi and Juice Robinson defeated Yujiro Takahashi and Hangman Page (15:59)

Day 8 - B Block
                              Katsuyori Shibata and Yuji Nagata defeated Yoshitatsu and Billy Gunn (11:01)
                              Great Bash Heel defeated Kenny Omega and Chase Owens (12:36) (7:41)
                              Kazuchika Okada and YOSHI-HASHI defeated Bad Luck Fale and Bone Soldier (12:30)
                              Hirooki Goto and Tomohiro Ishii defeated SANADA and EVIL (no time given)

Standings
                              A Block
                              6 points (3-0-1): Guerrillas of Destiny, Tencozy, War Machine
                              4 points (2-0-2): Breaker/Race, Takahashi/Page, Naito/Rush
                              2 points (1-0-3): Tanahashi/Robinson
                              0 points (0-0-4): Nakanishi/Henare

B Block
                              6 points (3-0-1): Goto/Ishii, Okada/YOSHI-HASHI, SANADA/EVIL
                              4 points (2-0-2): Great Bash Heel, Shibata/Nagata, Yoshitatsu/Gunn
                              2 points (1-0-3): Omega/Owens
                              0 points (0-0-4): Fale/Bone Soldier

In the A Block, War Machine and Tencozy are still standing at the top of the group (with Guerrillas of Destiny) although they have each suffered one loss. In their head to head, War Machine defeated Tencozy, which could be crucial if these two teams maintain their top spot to the very end.

In the B Block, there was a big upset for Yoshitatsu and Billy Gunn, defeating a team I consider to be one of the favourites of the block in Great Bash Heel. Another loss to Shibata and Nagata might already put GBH out of the running. Meanwhile the two CHAOS teams (Okada/YOSHI, Goto/Ishii) and EVIL/SANADA are on three wins and one loss each. Two of the matchups between these three teams have already happened, so the remaining one (Okada/YOSHI vs EVIL/SANADA) might be a crucial match. Bullet Club are having a disaster in this block, with both their teams sitting at the bottom.

Comment

World Tag League Results

Day 4 - B Block
                                SANADA and EVIL defeated Bad Luck Fale and Bone Soldier (9:30)
                                Yoshitatsu and Billy Gunn defeated Great Bash Heel (no time given)
                                Hirooki Goto and Tomohiro Ishii defeated Kenny Omega and Chase Owens (10:36)
                                Kazuchika Okada and YOSHI-HASHI defeated Katsuyori Shibata and Yuji Nagata (17:30)

Day 5 - A Block
                                Brian Breaker and Leland Race defeated Manabu Nakanishi and Henare(11:54)
                                Guerrillas of Destiny defeated War Machine (11:33)
                                Yujiro Takahashi and Hangman Page defeated Tetsuya Naito and Rush (13:03)
                                Tencozy defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi and Juice Robinson (18:49)

Day 6 - B Block
                                SANADA and EVIL defeated Yoshitatsu and Billy Gunn (9:22)
                                Kenny Omega and Chase Owens defeated Bad Luck Fale and Bone Soldier (7:41)
                                Katsuyori Shibata and Yuji Nagata defeated Great Bash Heel (10:58)
                                Kazuchika Okada and YOSHI-HASHI defeated Hirooki Goto and Tomohiro Ishii (18:49)

Day 7 - A Block
                                Guerrillas of Destiny defeated Manabu Nakanishi and Henare (10:18)
                                War Machine defeated Tencozy (8:44)
                                Tetsuya Naito and Rush defeated Brian Breaker and Leland Race (12:17)
                                Hiroshi Tanahashi and Juice Robinson defeated Yujiro Takahashi and Hangman Page (15:59)

Day 8 - B Block
                                Katsuyori Shibata and Yuji Nagata defeated Yoshitatsu and Billy Gunn (11:01)
                                Great Bash Heel defeated Kenny Omega and Chase Owens (12:36) (7:41)
                                Kazuchika Okada and YOSHI-HASHI defeated Bad Luck Fale and Bone Soldier (12:30)
                                Hirooki Goto and Tomohiro Ishii defeated SANADA and EVIL (no time given)

Standings
                                A Block
                                6 points (3-0-1): Guerrillas of Destiny, Tencozy, War Machine
                                4 points (2-0-2): Breaker/Race, Takahashi/Page, Naito/Rush
                                2 points (1-0-3): Tanahashi/Robinson
                                0 points (0-0-4): Nakanishi/Henare

B Block
                                6 points (3-0-1): Goto/Ishii, Okada/YOSHI-HASHI, SANADA/EVIL
                                4 points (2-0-2): Great Bash Heel, Shibata/Nagata, Yoshitatsu/Gunn
                                2 points (1-0-3): Omega/Owens
                                0 points (0-0-4): Fale/Bone Soldier

In the A Block, War Machine and Tencozy are still standing at the top of the group (with Guerrillas of Destiny) although they have each suffered one loss. In their head to head, War Machine defeated Tencozy, which could be crucial if these two teams maintain their top spot to the very end.

In the B Block, there was a big upset for Yoshitatsu and Billy Gunn, defeating a team I consider to be one of the favourites of the block in Great Bash Heel. Another loss to Shibata and Nagata might already put GBH out of the running. Meanwhile the two CHAOS teams (Okada/YOSHI, Goto/Ishii) and EVIL/SANADA are on three wins and one loss each. Two of the matchups between these three teams have already happened, so the remaining one (Okada/YOSHI vs EVIL/SANADA) might be a crucial match. Bullet Club are having a disaster in this block, with both their teams sitting at the bottom.

Comment

Working...
                                X