X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NJPW Superthread

Originally posted by Kid Jericho View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if every interview he's done was a work in order to hide his WWE debut.

I don't think that's happening, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit.
    I think that the one he gave last week was setting up his WWE debut. I think the guys finally broke him down and bullied him to make some money. Kenny cannot keep wrestling like this for much longer, so why not do it in WWE and make bank? I would not be shocked after that the money being offered went up really fast with TNA getting bought out and Kenny lighting up that crowd at WK. He has reached the level of being too big to allow to remain unsigned.
    Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Jericho View Post
      I wouldn't be shocked if every interview he's done was a work in order to hide his WWE debut.

I don't think that's happening, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit.
      I think that the one he gave last week was setting up his WWE debut. I think the guys finally broke him down and bullied him to make some money. Kenny cannot keep wrestling like this for much longer, so why not do it in WWE and make bank? I would not be shocked after that the money being offered went up really fast with TNA getting bought out and Kenny lighting up that crowd at WK. He has reached the level of being too big to allow to remain unsigned.
      Flowers gathered in the morning,
      Afternoon they blossom on,
      Still are withered by the evening:
      You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

Disclaimer: I know Omega is probably taking time off and the tweet doesn't mean as much as we all might think it could mean.

...but I said for weeks that if Omega lost at WK11 he was gone. He knew as well as anyone that he was deserving of that win and while Okada is still a great Champ, NJPW played it safe like they always do. I think Omega might be pissed.

This is all wild assumptions on my part but I don't think it's crazy to assume Omega might be mad at NJPW and this is him trying to play hardball for a better contract or a threat of some kind or whatever.

Comment

Disclaimer: I know Omega is probably taking time off and the tweet doesn't mean as much as we all might think it could mean.

...but I said for weeks that if Omega lost at WK11 he was gone. He knew as well as anyone that he was deserving of that win and while Okada is still a great Champ, NJPW played it safe like they always do. I think Omega might be pissed.

This is all wild assumptions on my part but I don't think it's crazy to assume Omega might be mad at NJPW and this is him trying to play hardball for a better contract or a threat of some kind or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by RT View Post

With the NJPW owner being salty over AJ, Nakamura, Gallows and Anderson jumping ship and trying to step on WWE's toes so publicly, Kenny probably knows he can threaten to walk for a better deal, they need him if they plan on expanding seriously.

Originally posted by TJ Wyoming
            Maybe so, but at least I'm not a fucking loser. You and your country is our bitch! Been that way for a couple of centuries. And Canada (technically part of your "empire") is our bitch which makes Owens our bitch. Deal with it.
            Don't worry, he's only making PW great again

Comment

Originally posted by RT View Post

With the NJPW owner being salty over AJ, Nakamura, Gallows and Anderson jumping ship and trying to step on WWE's toes so publicly, Kenny probably knows he can threaten to walk for a better deal, they need him if they plan on expanding seriously.

Originally posted by TJ Wyoming
              Maybe so, but at least I'm not a fucking loser. You and your country is our bitch! Been that way for a couple of centuries. And Canada (technically part of your "empire") is our bitch which makes Owens our bitch. Deal with it.
              Don't worry, he's only making PW great again

Comment

If you haven't watched it yet, here's Suzuki-gun's invasion at New Year Dash. It's badass.

https://streamable.com/ha8ru

Comment

If you haven't watched it yet, here's Suzuki-gun's invasion at New Year Dash. It's badass.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcone View Post
                    This is what I'm leaning towards too. I think Omega wants some time off and is strong arming NJPW for a killer contract/title win sometime this year.

The part of my brain that thinks Omega could actually walk is the part of my brain that is still in disbelief that AJ Styles debuted in the WWE, beat John Cena in a rubber match, and won the World Championship all in the same year. I honestly feel like anything can happen this year.

Originally posted by Emperor View Post

Dat Gotch Piledriver tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcone View Post
                      This is what I'm leaning towards too. I think Omega wants some time off and is strong arming NJPW for a killer contract/title win sometime this year.

The part of my brain that thinks Omega could actually walk is the part of my brain that is still in disbelief that AJ Styles debuted in the WWE, beat John Cena in a rubber match, and won the World Championship all in the same year. I honestly feel like anything can happen this year.

Originally posted by Emperor View Post

Dat Gotch Piledriver tho.

Comment

So between the two New Beginning shows, we are looking at:

Okada vs Suzuki
                        Goto vs Juice
                        Naito vs Elgin
                        Chaos vs KES
                        Roppongi vs Suzuki Gun
                        Takahashi vs Dragon Lee
                        Adam Cole vs Yoshi(though this could be in ROH or be non title)
                        LIJ vs Team Tana rematch

That's some damn good matches to look forward to, then we have whatever Shibata and Omega are up to

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Comment

So between the two New Beginning shows, we are looking at:

Okada vs Suzuki
                          Goto vs Juice
                          Naito vs Elgin
                          Chaos vs KES
                          Roppongi vs Suzuki Gun
                          Takahashi vs Dragon Lee
                          Adam Cole vs Yoshi(though this could be in ROH or be non title)
                          LIJ vs Team Tana rematch

That's some damn good matches to look forward to, then we have whatever Shibata and Omega are up to

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Comment

Considering subscribing NJPW World anyone know if they offer like the English version? How much is it cost exactly?

Comment

Considering subscribing NJPW World anyone know if they offer like the English version? How much is it cost exactly?

Comment

Suzuki-gun speak after the New Year Dash show. English subtitles provided.

They're here to take all the gold. Their presence will certainly freshen up both tag divisions.

I'm enamored by Suzuki. The good thing about being a creator of MMA/MMA royalty is that you know you're tough shit, and so he doesn't have to act like a badass like Archer and Smith. He just talks, and he exudes pure badassery. I'm too new to modern puro to see much of Suzuki-gun, but I love them already. I came across a couple of great comments on reddit.

Bas Rutten once described Suzuki as a guy who, if MMA and pro wrestling didn't exist, would likely be in prison or dead.
                                Chaos are a bunch of cool guys who like to fight, Bullet Club are a bunch of goofballs who like to take the easy way whenever possible, and LIJ are anti-authority figures who just don't give a fuck.

Suzuki and Suzuki-Gun as a whole just straight up enjoy hurting people and are just lucky they found a way to do it and get paid.
                                ------

Originally posted by Pduh View Post
                                Can't help you there. I'm not subscribed to NJPW World.

[MENTION=13090]HilaryFan[/MENTION], do you know?

Comment

Working...
                                X