This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring of Honor Superthread *SPOILERS*

Ring of Honor is the third largest wrestling promotion in America. Known over the years for their top quality in-ring action and for its athleticism and hard hitting style.T] The wrestling promotion has a developed by fresh style of its own with talented young stars that incorporates wrestling, a mix of styles ranging from technical to high flying. Over the years Ring of Honor has been the home of future stars in CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins, and more. ROH currently runs shows each month throughout the United States. Annual shows include the Anniversary Show, "Supercard of Honor", "Border/Global Wars" (held annually in Toronto), "Death Before Dishonor", "Glory by Honor", and "Final Battle" (the last show of the calendar year). Catch weekly episodes on your local tv channel or on the ROH website.

Join in on the ROH discussion here.

Ring of Honor has announced that the signing of Will Ospreay and Marty Scurll to exclusive deals with the company. Additionally, both stars will appear beyond the upcoming UK tour for ROH.

Re: Ring of Honor Superthread *SPOILERS*

With the Young Bucks, reDragon, Lethal, War Machine, Corino, Whitmer, Kenny King off-contract it's clear that times are a changin' in ROH.

I just hope Delirious gets on board with these guys and looks to use them effectively. I'm not too concerned with Ospreay, he's already one of the biggest stars of the independents, but I'm concerned that Scurll could be lost in the shuffle.

Comment

With the Young Bucks, reDragon, Lethal, War Machine, Corino, Whitmer, Kenny King off-contract it's clear that times are a changin' in ROH.

I just hope Delirious gets on board with these guys and looks to use them effectively. I'm not too concerned with Ospreay, he's already one of the biggest stars of the independents, but I'm concerned that Scurll could be lost in the shuffle.

Comment

Oh, and it can't be forgotten that Cody Rhodes is coming to ROH starting with Final Battle. He has really been hyping up his opponent, so I am really curious to see who it will be.
        surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

Comment

Oh, and it can't be forgotten that Cody Rhodes is coming to ROH starting with Final Battle. He has really been hyping up his opponent, so I am really curious to see who it will be.
          surrender

Comment

What's going on in ROH these days besides Cole/Kyle feud?

Props to surrender for the great banner.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                Man, that's a good question I'll try and take a stab at it.

The Young Bucks won the ROH tag titles in one of the most dangerous of the year at All Star Extravaganza VIII. After surviving The Addiction and the team of Cabana/Castle they're set to take on Dem Boys at Final Battle.

CMLL star Dragon Lee has enjoyed a banner and the 21 year-old has the opportunity to cap it off in style when he takes on Bobby Fish for the ROH Television Champion. Fish himself has matured into one of the most consistent performers in all of Pro Wrestling, but he'll have his work cut-out against Lee who joined ROH at All Star Extravaganza VIII. With a shot at the ROH World Championship beckoning, one gets the feeling that Fish has his eyes on bigger prizes and the upset maybe on the cards.

War Machine have been involved in the best feud of their relatively young careers as a unit against Keith Lee & Shane Taylor. Both teams have been involved in violent brawls and poor ol' Kevin Kelly got involved in the action at the second Survival of the Fittest show. Kelly was rendered unconcious after Hanson wiped him out with a tope, causing Alex Shelley to take over the reigns on their latest show. Lee and Taylor emerged victorious on the night, but one gets the feeling that after War Machine return from their gig in the World Tag League it will be on for young and old.

The aforementioned team of Cabana/Castle didn't last long with Colt turning on his partner. No confirmation thus far but don't be surprised to see these two settle their differences at Final Battle.

Speaking of Final Battle, we're set to see a brand new pair of belts as ROH debuts their own Six-Man Tag Team Championship, similar to that of NJPW. As such we've seen a bunch of teams like Titus, King & Coleman as well as the MCMG & Dijak team up.

2016 Top Prospect winner Lio Rush has had a break-out year for the company and looks set to have a huge future in the company. The 22 year-old high flier pushed then ROH Champion Jay Lethal to the limit and nearly won the 2016 Survival of the Fittest tournament down in Texas. The company seems high on Rush, so expect to see him featured heavily heading into 2017.

I've got a lot of catching up to do, but based on what I've seen/heard the product is in the best shape it's been in since 2010 when you had Steen-Generico tearing it up, Black making a name for himself and the Kings of Wrestling reigning supreme.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                  Man, that's a good question I'll try and take a stab at it.

The Young Bucks won the ROH tag titles in one of the most dangerous of the year at All Star Extravaganza VIII. After surviving The Addiction and the team of Cabana/Castle they're set to take on Dem Boys at Final Battle.

CMLL star Dragon Lee has enjoyed a banner and the 21 year-old has the opportunity to cap it off in style when he takes on Bobby Fish for the ROH Television Champion. Fish himself has matured into one of the most consistent performers in all of Pro Wrestling, but he'll have his work cut-out against Lee who joined ROH at All Star Extravaganza VIII. With a shot at the ROH World Championship beckoning, one gets the feeling that Fish has his eyes on bigger prizes and the upset maybe on the cards.

War Machine have been involved in the best feud of their relatively young careers as a unit against Keith Lee & Shane Taylor. Both teams have been involved in violent brawls and poor ol' Kevin Kelly got involved in the action at the second Survival of the Fittest show. Kelly was rendered unconcious after Hanson wiped him out with a tope, causing Alex Shelley to take over the reigns on their latest show. Lee and Taylor emerged victorious on the night, but one gets the feeling that after War Machine return from their gig in the World Tag League it will be on for young and old.

The aforementioned team of Cabana/Castle didn't last long with Colt turning on his partner. No confirmation thus far but don't be surprised to see these two settle their differences at Final Battle.

Speaking of Final Battle, we're set to see a brand new pair of belts as ROH debuts their own Six-Man Tag Team Championship, similar to that of NJPW. As such we've seen a bunch of teams like Titus, King & Coleman as well as the MCMG & Dijak team up.

2016 Top Prospect winner Lio Rush has had a break-out year for the company and looks set to have a huge future in the company. The 22 year-old high flier pushed then ROH Champion Jay Lethal to the limit and nearly won the 2016 Survival of the Fittest tournament down in Texas. The company seems high on Rush, so expect to see him featured heavily heading into 2017.

I've got a lot of catching up to do, but based on what I've seen/heard the product is in the best shape it's been in since 2010 when you had Steen-Generico tearing it up, Black making a name for himself and the Kings of Wrestling reigning supreme.

Comment

Colt is a heel again and feuding with Castle? that sounds fun.

Comment

Colt is a heel again and feuding with Castle? that sounds fun.

Comment

PWInsider reports that Will Ospreay became a champion in his Ring of Honor debut. Ospreay beat Bobby Fish to win the ROH TV Championship at the company’s show in Liverpool, England.
                        I guess there's no reason to ease him into the scene. Just push him right to the top.

Comment

PWInsider reports that Will Ospreay became a champion in his Ring of Honor debut. Ospreay beat Bobby Fish to win the ROH TV Championship at the company’s show in Liverpool, England.
                          I guess there's no reason to ease him into the scene. Just push him right to the top.

Comment

I think Ospreay winning the TV Title is a great decision!
                            surrender

Comment

I think Ospreay winning the TV Title is a great decision!
                              surrender

Comment

Working...
                              X