X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ring of Honor Superthread *SPOILERS*

Originally posted by Djm View Post
    I'll say it again. I'll say the same thing I've said for every TV champion.

It better be Dalton Castle that beats him. Nothing against Marty Scurll, but come on ROH.

Get through this Colt Cabana feud already.
    I'm greedy I want Dalton Castle to smooth sail has way into world title waters.

Props to surrender for the great banner.

Comment

It looks like my thoughts on this week's show was lost in the DELETION.

Recapping, I enjoyed the opener between Rush & Gresham. Just two young wrestlers going at it, experimenting with spots and getting the crowd into it with a big finish. It wasn't always pretty, but ROH needs that fresh injection of blood and they could do something with these two. The less said about the MCMG post-match promo the better. I hate it when they have vets come out and put over the new generation, especially when they're not even involved in the segment. Unless it's apart of a future angle, it's best to let the work do the talking.

Meanwhile the main event between the Addiction and the Briscoes felt a little more tried and true than the opener. The Briscoes seem to exist for their comeback, so it was Addiction in control for the bulk of the match before the inevitable hot-tag. You could accuse both teams of sleep-walking through the match, but there were enough well designed near-falls to make this worth while. The highlight was Kazarian catching Mark with a Flux Capacitor mid-DoomsDay Device. Despite the context of the match spoiling the outcome of the match, the crowd bought that as the finish and popped big when Mark kicked out. Kudos to both teams on that.

The highlight of the show were the respective sit-down promos with O'Reilly and Cole. I've never been a huge admirer of Kyle's on the stick, but he cut an effective promo running down the history between the two and making some great points along the way. In comparison, Cole went with a more creative direction, detailing how much sacrifice he's had to make in order to be the best and how at the end of the day, the bitter life of being the champion isn't cut out for somebody like Kyle who has it all outside of the ring. It reminded me why Cole was so highly regarded, he's a hell of a promo and knows how to push buttons.

Comment

It looks like my thoughts on this week's show was lost in the DELETION.

Recapping, I enjoyed the opener between Rush & Gresham. Just two young wrestlers going at it, experimenting with spots and getting the crowd into it with a big finish. It wasn't always pretty, but ROH needs that fresh injection of blood and they could do something with these two. The less said about the MCMG post-match promo the better. I hate it when they have vets come out and put over the new generation, especially when they're not even involved in the segment. Unless it's apart of a future angle, it's best to let the work do the talking.

Meanwhile the main event between the Addiction and the Briscoes felt a little more tried and true than the opener. The Briscoes seem to exist for their comeback, so it was Addiction in control for the bulk of the match before the inevitable hot-tag. You could accuse both teams of sleep-walking through the match, but there were enough well designed near-falls to make this worth while. The highlight was Kazarian catching Mark with a Flux Capacitor mid-DoomsDay Device. Despite the context of the match spoiling the outcome of the match, the crowd bought that as the finish and popped big when Mark kicked out. Kudos to both teams on that.

The highlight of the show were the respective sit-down promos with O'Reilly and Cole. I've never been a huge admirer of Kyle's on the stick, but he cut an effective promo running down the history between the two and making some great points along the way. In comparison, Cole went with a more creative direction, detailing how much sacrifice he's had to make in order to be the best and how at the end of the day, the bitter life of being the champion isn't cut out for somebody like Kyle who has it all outside of the ring. It reminded me why Cole was so highly regarded, he's a hell of a promo and knows how to push buttons.

Comment

I just saw Final battle. I thought he couldnt use Rhodes any more? They said Cody Rhodes like 80 times during the PPV. I was under the impression if its on TV/PPV Rhodes is a no go. Did he get his name back?

I am not threatened by any man whose name is three letters.

- Damien Sandow
          in response to RVD's return

Comment

I just saw Final battle. I thought he couldnt use Rhodes any more? They said Cody Rhodes like 80 times during the PPV. I was under the impression if its on TV/PPV Rhodes is a no go. Did he get his name back?

- Damien Sandow

Comment

Notice that they advertised the match as Cody v Jay Lethal? When it comes to advertisement, then he can only be marketed as Cody, but on live commentary they can say what they want.

Of course the WWE legal department may beg to differ, but I doubt they'll be that petty. Just as long as they're not trying to draw more from their IP.

Comment

Notice that they advertised the match as Cody v Jay Lethal? When it comes to advertisement, then he can only be marketed as Cody, but on live commentary they can say what they want.

Of course the WWE legal department may beg to differ, but I doubt they'll be that petty. Just as long as they're not trying to draw more from their IP.

Comment

Yeah I noticed the Cody graphic but was perplexed they were allowed to pull off the commentary. I figured it was all or nothing. Was hoping WWE stopped being babies and let the guy have his name

- Damien Sandow

Comment

Yeah I noticed the Cody graphic but was perplexed they were allowed to pull off the commentary. I figured it was all or nothing. Was hoping WWE stopped being babies and let the guy have his name

- Damien Sandow

Comment

For anyone who hasn't seen this already, some spoilers for the Young Bucks' future. And listen to the pop from the crowd.

Link.
                      Originally posted by mx518
                      he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
                      No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
                      NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

For anyone who hasn't seen this already, some spoilers for the Young Bucks' future. And listen to the pop from the crowd.

Link.
                        he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
                        No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
                        NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

If the Young Bucks segment at Final Battle wasn't enough of an indication, the pair signed a two-year extension to their ROH/NJPW deals.

Their Bullet Club stablemate Adam Cole is yet to commit. As always, there's rumours floating around that he will sign with NXT in March.

Nice coup for ROH, I'm genuinely excited for the upcoming Hardy Boyz vs Young Bucks match and wouldn't be against having the Young Bucks main event more shows and PPVs. The key will be developing teams around the Bucks and creating interesting angles to sell fans on.

Pending on Cole's movements, I'd love to see him in a program with Castle. If he is headed to Florida, have him do the honours for Castle. Dalton is a star, and ROH are making a mistake by not executing on him while he's hot.

Comment

If the Young Bucks segment at Final Battle wasn't enough of an indication, the pair signed a two-year extension to their ROH/NJPW deals.

Their Bullet Club stablemate Adam Cole is yet to commit. As always, there's rumours floating around that he will sign with NXT in March.

Nice coup for ROH, I'm genuinely excited for the upcoming Hardy Boyz vs Young Bucks match and wouldn't be against having the Young Bucks main event more shows and PPVs. The key will be developing teams around the Bucks and creating interesting angles to sell fans on.

Pending on Cole's movements, I'd love to see him in a program with Castle. If he is headed to Florida, have him do the honours for Castle. Dalton is a star, and ROH are making a mistake by not executing on him while he's hot.

Comment

Link.
                              That reaction gives my chills so awesome!

Comment

Link.
                                That reaction gives my chills so awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X