This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact Wrestling Superthread

Your one-stop shop for all TNA related news and discussion.

Do we have any TNA fans in the house?

Re: Throwaway Comments That Truly Aren't Worth A New Thread

Total Nonstop Deletion

December 15th.
    Originally posted by mx518
    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

Total Nonstop Deletion

December 15th.
      he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
      No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
      NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

Originally posted by Djm View Post
        Total Nonstop Deletion

December 15th.
        Christmas will be 10 early this year! this will be delightful!

Props to surrender for the great banner.

Comment

Originally posted by Djm View Post
          Total Nonstop Deletion

December 15th.
          Christmas will be 10 early this year! this will be delightful!

Comment

Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread *SPOILERS*

Impact Wrestling November 10th Thoughts

The Death Council Crew reveal was well handled. There isn't enough cliffhangers in Pro Wrestling which is odd since they're such a staple of modern television. I like the choices for the stable, James Storm is still one of the best promos in the biz, Bram makes a good liutenant and Eddie Kingston is one of those guys who should have received a shot a long time ago. There's a lot of potential feuds for them as well, so it really revitalizes the main event scene that was beginning to look bare.

The Edwards-Drake match was a solid closer. I enjoyed the fallaway slam variation where Drake got Edwards into position only to toss him into the apron. That looked fantastic, Edwards sold it well and the crowd bought into it. Drake hitting the Blunt Force Trauma made for a good false finish, I just wish the actual finish was better. I've never been a fan of the spot where one guy heads up top with no clear direction, jumps down and takes whatever finisher he has coming to him. It just looks hokey and comes off as an easy out for the actual finish.

Trevor Lee, DJ Z & Rockstar Spud put on a really fun triple threat match. I thought they worked well together, with Spud playing the perfect bump machine while Lee and Z got a lot of what they wanted to in. It never dragged at any point and achieved what it had to booking-wise.

The follow-up on Matt Hardy with amnesia was everything I wanted it to be. Matt dressed up in a suburban sweater sporting his Amadeus haircut was a funny visual gag on it's own, but the little one-liners he'd dish out made the segment.

My only big gripe with the show was the brutal Tribunal segment. Everything about this came off like a colossal waste of time...

Comment

Impact Wrestling November 10th Thoughts

The Death Council Crew reveal was well handled. There isn't enough cliffhangers in Pro Wrestling which is odd since they're such a staple of modern television. I like the choices for the stable, James Storm is still one of the best promos in the biz, Bram makes a good liutenant and Eddie Kingston is one of those guys who should have received a shot a long time ago. There's a lot of potential feuds for them as well, so it really revitalizes the main event scene that was beginning to look bare.

The Edwards-Drake match was a solid closer. I enjoyed the fallaway slam variation where Drake got Edwards into position only to toss him into the apron. That looked fantastic, Edwards sold it well and the crowd bought into it. Drake hitting the Blunt Force Trauma made for a good false finish, I just wish the actual finish was better. I've never been a fan of the spot where one guy heads up top with no clear direction, jumps down and takes whatever finisher he has coming to him. It just looks hokey and comes off as an easy out for the actual finish.

Trevor Lee, DJ Z & Rockstar Spud put on a really fun triple threat match. I thought they worked well together, with Spud playing the perfect bump machine while Lee and Z got a lot of what they wanted to in. It never dragged at any point and achieved what it had to booking-wise.

The follow-up on Matt Hardy with amnesia was everything I wanted it to be. Matt dressed up in a suburban sweater sporting his Amadeus haircut was a funny visual gag on it's own, but the little one-liners he'd dish out made the segment.

My only big gripe with the show was the brutal Tribunal segment. Everything about this came off like a colossal waste of time...

Comment

The DCC looks very interesting. I look forward to seeing what their motives are and how their characters will progress. Eddie looks like a world champ having very good matches with all the contenders. Eli Drake looks like a rising star.
                Last edited by Ed; 11-11-2016, 08:25 PM.

Comment

The DCC looks very interesting. I look forward to seeing what their motives are and how their characters will progress. Eddie looks like a world champ having very good matches with all the contenders. Eli Drake looks like a rising star.

Comment

EC3 and Eli Drake engaged in a tremendous war of the words this week to set up their match on next week's show. Earlier in the show, EC3 happened to win a number one contendership match after he forced Trevor Lee to submit to a rear-naked choke (that desperately needs it's own name, Matthews calling it a signature maneuver sounds inarticulate) in a Fatal-Four-Way match that also featured Mike Bennett & Bobby Lashley. Drake was upset that once again, EC3, the man who lost at Bound For Glory got another shot at the belt just like that and felt more deserving. Initially Eli challenged EC3 to a match under the proviso that if he lost, he wouldn't challenge for the belt in a year but if he won, he'd receive a championship opportunity against Eddie Edwards. EC3 didn't like the stipulation but was willing to put his opportunity on the line, as long as Eli Drake agreed not to cut any promos for the rest of 2016. The way the promo played out, the convinction from both men and the end result was exceptional and among the best promos I've seen this year.

What did you guys make of the DCC? After weeks of build-up, they came off as just another lazy nWo clone. The best part was the opening promo of the show, which was already laughable given Edwards' weak attempt at a fired-up babyface promo, where the DCC go to the trouble of cutting a pre-tape and then just walk out the ring like any other faction in history. They may as well been X-Factor in masks. We've got games big triple A games like Watch Dogs and television shows like Mr. Robot which is very tech savvy, why not do something cool like that?

The problem is the whole 'hackers' group doesn't fit any of the three characters. Storm is a redneck, Bram is meant to be from the mean-streets which leaves Kingston. Now, Eddie doesn't have a character in TNA, so maybe he's a tech savvy guy, I don't know but on the surface it seems like poor casting. Furthermore, they haven't made any attempts to explain it, rendering the gimmick purely incidental more than anything else.

Maybe it was the only disguise TNA could get away with? It's a shame they couldn't do the whole Point Break gimmick, or simply have them in balaclavas as it would have been more fitting.

What's the deal with Aiden O'Shea aka Corgan's bodyguard? Was TNA short on their brow-beating backstage personnel who rarely if ever get their due?

Comment

EC3 and Eli Drake engaged in a tremendous war of the words this week to set up their match on next week's show. Earlier in the show, EC3 happened to win a number one contendership match after he forced Trevor Lee to submit to a rear-naked choke (that desperately needs it's own name, Matthews calling it a signature maneuver sounds inarticulate) in a Fatal-Four-Way match that also featured Mike Bennett & Bobby Lashley. Drake was upset that once again, EC3, the man who lost at Bound For Glory got another shot at the belt just like that and felt more deserving. Initially Eli challenged EC3 to a match under the proviso that if he lost, he wouldn't challenge for the belt in a year but if he won, he'd receive a championship opportunity against Eddie Edwards. EC3 didn't like the stipulation but was willing to put his opportunity on the line, as long as Eli Drake agreed not to cut any promos for the rest of 2016. The way the promo played out, the convinction from both men and the end result was exceptional and among the best promos I've seen this year.

What did you guys make of the DCC? After weeks of build-up, they came off as just another lazy nWo clone. The best part was the opening promo of the show, which was already laughable given Edwards' weak attempt at a fired-up babyface promo, where the DCC go to the trouble of cutting a pre-tape and then just walk out the ring like any other faction in history. They may as well been X-Factor in masks. We've got games big triple A games like Watch Dogs and television shows like Mr. Robot which is very tech savvy, why not do something cool like that?

The problem is the whole 'hackers' group doesn't fit any of the three characters. Storm is a redneck, Bram is meant to be from the mean-streets which leaves Kingston. Now, Eddie doesn't have a character in TNA, so maybe he's a tech savvy guy, I don't know but on the surface it seems like poor casting. Furthermore, they haven't made any attempts to explain it, rendering the gimmick purely incidental more than anything else.

Maybe it was the only disguise TNA could get away with? It's a shame they couldn't do the whole Point Break gimmick, or simply have them in balaclavas as it would have been more fitting.

What's the deal with Aiden O'Shea aka Corgan's bodyguard? Was TNA short on their brow-beating backstage personnel who rarely if ever get their due?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Pete View Post

TNA create angles like Family Guy creates cutscenes.

They throw a bunch stable names and gimmicks in a bingo ball machine and a bunch of names another and hope for the best.

All jokes aside, that pretty much sums up how I feel about DCC.

Another, in a long line of stables, factions, angles that feel forced. There's nothing organic about it. Storm, Bram and a journeyman indy wrestler. Ok Dixie explain this, you've dress them up in suits and masks and put them in these " anonymous " style vignettes - using words James Storm wouldn't even understand, let alone say... yeap, I get it - you threw a bunch stable names and gimmicks in a bingo ball machine and a bunch of names into another and hoped for the best.

Half the roster suddenly became bikers for no reason what so ever. Guys who had never even been on bikes before, became bikers - because, hell they again threw a bunch stable names and gimmicks in a bingo ball machine and a bunch of names into another and hoped for the best.

The Revolution what was that? The Rising? The Beat Down Clan, stupid name, why? Because they threw a bunch stable names and gimmicks in a bingo ball machine...

The best gimmicks are the wrestler's own personality turned up to 11 - it's been said 100 times before. Storm is a redneck, a cowboy, let the man be a damn cowboy. Let Bram be the fucking psychopath he is, and Kingston, he's about 10 years too late to even make a true impact, excuse the pun, in TNA.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Pete View Post

TNA create angles like Family Guy creates cutscenes.

They throw a bunch stable names and gimmicks in a bingo ball machine and a bunch of names another and hope for the best.

All jokes aside, that pretty much sums up how I feel about DCC.

Another, in a long line of stables, factions, angles that feel forced. There's nothing organic about it. Storm, Bram and a journeyman indy wrestler. Ok Dixie explain this, you've dress them up in suits and masks and put them in these " anonymous " style vignettes - using words James Storm wouldn't even understand, let alone say... yeap, I get it - you threw a bunch stable names and gimmicks in a bingo ball machine and a bunch of names into another and hoped for the best.

Half the roster suddenly became bikers for no reason what so ever. Guys who had never even been on bikes before, became bikers - because, hell they again threw a bunch stable names and gimmicks in a bingo ball machine and a bunch of names into another and hoped for the best.

The Revolution what was that? The Rising? The Beat Down Clan, stupid name, why? Because they threw a bunch stable names and gimmicks in a bingo ball machine...

The best gimmicks are the wrestler's own personality turned up to 11 - it's been said 100 times before. Storm is a redneck, a cowboy, let the man be a damn cowboy. Let Bram be the fucking psychopath he is, and Kingston, he's about 10 years too late to even make a true impact, excuse the pun, in TNA.

Comment

So this is a crew that councils on death? Or how to commit acts that lead to death? Or a council of people who like death or consider themselves dead?

Death Crew Council TNA is the worst at coming up with names. It's like something a 9 year old would think of.

Comment

So this is a crew that councils on death? Or how to commit acts that lead to death? Or a council of people who like death or consider themselves dead?

Death Crew Council TNA is the worst at coming up with names. It's like something a 9 year old would think of.

Comment

Working...
                              X