This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TNA Wrestling Superthread *SPOILERS*

I like the inclusion of Kingston as well. TNA needs as many hands as they can and Kingston does have some level of Indy cred (although, yes his best days are certainly behind him).

I hate the way he's being booked though. He's the Buddy Roberts of the DCC and he's talked down as some no-name that Storm brought into fill the numbers.

Comment

His best days need not be behind him. But really, he needed to tone down some as he was not getting paid enough to take the abuse he used too. Also no one is really giving him anything to work with recently mic wise. But bring him into NXT, let him finished with the Backfist, give him his standard NYC thug gimmick and let him go.
      Flowers gathered in the morning,
      Afternoon they blossom on,
      Still are withered by the evening:
      You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

His best days need not be behind him. But really, he needed to tone down some as he was not getting paid enough to take the abuse he used too. Also no one is really giving him anything to work with recently mic wise. But bring him into NXT, let him finished with the Backfist, give him his standard NYC thug gimmick and let him go.

Comment

I'm not even thinking about NXT, I'm talking about Kingston as a TNA talent.

Comment

I'm not even thinking about NXT, I'm talking about Kingston as a TNA talent.

Comment

I am not sure TNA will be around next year, so do not expect a long future for him there.

Comment

I am not sure TNA will be around next year, so do not expect a long future for him there.

Comment

Then how is this stint in TNA doing him any favours? He's being treated as some no-name Storm picked up on the side of the street and thrown into the group.

Comment

Then how is this stint in TNA doing him any favours? He's being treated as some no-name Storm picked up on the side of the street and thrown into the group.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Pete View Post
                      I like the inclusion of Kingston as well. TNA needs as many hands as they can and Kingston does have some level of Indy cred (although, yes his best days are certainly behind him).

I hate the way he's being booked though. He's the Buddy Roberts of the DCC and he's talked down as some no-name that Storm brought into fill the numbers.
                      The Buddy Roberts of the DCC! Lol! I like that comparison because when I was a kid, Buddy Roberts drove me nuts.I was a big Freebird fan and since he was always the one doing the job, I thought they needed to get rid of him. My thinking was that if they replaced him with Jimmy Garvin or anyone else, they would be unstoppable. Of course, I was like 7-8 years old and didn't understand how wrestling politics worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Pete View Post

The Buddy Roberts of the DCC! Lol! I like that comparison because when I was a kid, Buddy Roberts drove me nuts.I was a big Freebird fan and since he was always the one doing the job, I thought they needed to get rid of him. My thinking was that if they replaced him with Jimmy Garvin or anyone else, they would be unstoppable. Of course, I was like 7-8 years old and didn't understand how wrestling politics worked.

Comment

I think the DDC has been fine so far. Keep in mind they have been called the top babyfaces,beat them down and have won their matches. DCC hasn't had a chance to explain the reason they joined forces, their collective and individual goals and motivations I'm giving it time. 1 thing that seems contrived is this X gold garbage. The concept is boring at least the feast or fired and reverse battle royal were bold and fresh ideas. This is pablum. I'm really looking forward to Jade/Rose Mary match. I think and hope the reign of Rose Mary begins next week. I find the Allie/Maria dynamic when you consider Allie was a super annoying heel in the indies. She has become a likable beloved babyface just being near Maria. It took a while to figure out who Braxton Sutter was then I saw him with Allie then I said no wonder why he looks familiar. I'm loving how the Eli Drake/EC3 feud is progressing. I hope EC3 turns heel by relentlessly taunting Eli like a jerk. Broken Matt has finally returned!

Props to surrender for the great banner.

Comment

I think the DDC has been fine so far. Keep in mind they have been called the top babyfaces,beat them down and have won their matches. DCC hasn't had a chance to explain the reason they joined forces, their collective and individual goals and motivations I'm giving it time. 1 thing that seems contrived is this X gold garbage. The concept is boring at least the feast or fired and reverse battle royal were bold and fresh ideas. This is pablum. I'm really looking forward to Jade/Rose Mary match. I think and hope the reign of Rose Mary begins next week. I find the Allie/Maria dynamic when you consider Allie was a super annoying heel in the indies. She has become a likable beloved babyface just being near Maria. It took a while to figure out who Braxton Sutter was then I saw him with Allie then I said no wonder why he looks familiar. I'm loving how the Eli Drake/EC3 feud is progressing. I hope EC3 turns heel by relentlessly taunting Eli like a jerk. Broken Matt has finally returned!

Props to surrender for the great banner.

Comment

Just got caught up on the past few weeks of TNA and I have to say not to bad.

As far as Kingston goes I like the addition. Was hoping they would pick him up a few years ago. Honestly Pope or Josh could have marked out with a "that's Eddie Kingston one of the roughest toughest guys in the business". Giving the fans that never heard of him something to work with. As far as I know he's only had one match on TV kind of hard to know what his role will be.

Comment

Just got caught up on the past few weeks of TNA and I have to say not to bad.

As far as Kingston goes I like the addition. Was hoping they would pick him up a few years ago. Honestly Pope or Josh could have marked out with a "that's Eddie Kingston one of the roughest toughest guys in the business". Giving the fans that never heard of him something to work with. As far as I know he's only had one match on TV kind of hard to know what his role will be.

Comment

Working...
                                X