This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucha Underground Superthread

I think Lucha Underground has been solid this season does anyone here still watch it?

Props to surrender for the great banner.

Re: Throwaway Comments That Truly Aren't Worth A New Thread

Originally posted by Ed View Post
    I think Lucha Underground has been solid this season does anyone here still watch it?
    I watch it every week. I have really been enjoying this season so far.
    surrender

First Ever PW Heavyweight Champion!

Comment

Re: Throwaway Comments That Truly Aren't Worth A New Thread

Originally posted by Ed View Post
      I stopped watching when Survivor came back on, but I did go to the live show in Houston this past Sunday 10-30-16. Missed the first show where Mundo beat Drago, but caught the 2nd show.

Melissa Santos did the intros and she is so fine.

Dario could not make it so Vampiro was in charge. He got in a argument with some suit who's mic did not work very well. Mil Muertes comes out and destroys Vampiro.

1st match Matanza Cueto beat the machine Cage
      2nd match 4 way - Ivelisse beat Taya, Joey Ryan, and someone from the rabbit hole
      Main Event - Pentagon Dark beat Mil Muertes with help from Vampiro.

Johnny Mundo thanks the crowd and has a dance off with a lady from cricket wireless.

Match of the night Matanza vs Cage

Performance of the night Ivelisse she had by far the best timing and crowd interaction.

Overall it was a good show.

Comment

Re: Does anyone still watch Lucha Underground?

I watch it every week without fail, it's the best thing on television

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Comment

Completely fell out of the loop at some point during season 2(my Sling tv subscription ran out, been trying to save money so a lot of these internet subscriptions, Netflix, WON/F4W, WWE Network, UFC Fight Pass etc had to go). I couldn't find any videos(that you don't have to download) for the episodes I missed, it got to the point where I don't even know what is going on with the stories so Its hard for me to get into it. They need to release DVD sets or put the seasons on Amazon instant video, episodic wrestling I like to binge watch 2-3 episodes at a time, I just cant get into anything that I have to download videos here and there. I think that's why I can't get into indy/Japan wrestling. I like my pro wrestling in full-show form on demand, I don't like downloading stuff or watching individual matches out of context.

Comment

I usually Binge watch LU once a season is over instead of watching it every week so I might not be up to date on the goings but I do watch it. One of he most fresh takes on wrestling. Amazing show.

Comment

Do they release DVDs of the seasons or where can I stream it? I watched the first season but after that I became a streaming only person and now havemt been able to watch it.
              Originally posted by Djm
              And, there's that off chance the WWE audience may take to him and WWE still might disagree because reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Saffron Warrior
                I usually Binge watch LU once a season is over instead of watching it every week so I might not be up to date on the goings but I do watch it. One of he most fresh takes on wrestling. Amazing show.
                Season 3's like 40 episodes so, good luck with that

I've been watching every week. It's still great.

Comment

Originally posted by Havokwolf
                  Season 3's like 40 episodes so, good luck with that

I've been watching every week. It's still great.
                  I guess I'll have to try a new strategy then.

Comment

Originally posted by HBK_4_Life
                    Do they release DVDs of the seasons or where can I stream it? I watched the first season but after that I became a streaming only person and now havemt been able to watch it.
                    I hear Hulu has it?

To the thread topic: I watch LU but maybe a week behind -- DirecTV has El Rey Network in poor-quality SD (SD can look good, but theirs just doesn't) or I can wait a bit and watch the On Demand version in HD so that's what I do instead.

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
                    Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

Comment

Yes.

And tonight's episode was especially good.
                      Originally posted by mx518
                      he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
                      Originally posted by mx518
                      No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
                      NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

Every week. It's still amazing to me.

Comment

What amazes me about Lucha Underground is how they've taken the concept of a casket match and actually made it a must-see event. Of all the years it festered in the WWE, it was one of the more forgettable gimmick matches and yet here it's on par if not more anticipated than Hell in a Cell. I thought the Puma/Muertes match was another fine addition, my only bug bear was the finish. It just felt like what should have been this incredibly dramatic 'Sammartino' moment was just another spot in the grand scheme of things. Maybe it was an issue with the build up or the performers failing to emphasise the moment. Just a nit-pick for an otherwise fun match, Puma/Ricochet is going to be a superstar.

Comment

My body is so ready for Aztec Warfare it's unreal

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Comment

Still watching

I think it's the best wrestling show out there. I just don't discuss it here.

Thank you Surrender!!!
                              Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
                              If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Comment

Working...
                              X