TNA - Time is running out.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TNA - Time is running out.

Last week we reported that WWE was interested in purchasing TNA, presumably to acquire their fourteen year old tape library showcasing current WWE Superstars like Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Eric Young, Samoa Joe, and WWE World Champion AJ Styles. The offer was originally described as an "option if no other parties purchase the company." Dave Meltzer noted on this morning's episode of Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE is back at the table, Dixie Carter has the right to sell to whomever she wants, however company ownership has become incredibly complicated.

TNA is nearly out of time, and rumor has it that there is still no deal for Billy Corgan to purchase the company. Corgan needs to make a deal to fund this Sunday's Bound For Glory and next week's TV tapings, and needs to do so by Friday as it's the last business day before Sunday's pay-per-view.

According to Meltzer, WWE's main goal is acquiring the tape library and while they'd more than likely keep a handful of talent contracts, there would be no plan to keep TNA active going forward.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...qiIIKdcYWDI.99
    As previously reported by Dave Meltzer on this morning's Wrestling Observer Radio, time is running short in terms of TNA's ability to sustain itself any further. Reports indicate that the company needs to make a sale by Friday to fund this Sunday's Bound for Glory pay-per-view and subsequent television tapings. Dave also noted that WWE is currently back at the table to discuss a possible deal, presumably for their fourteen year old tape library.

In an update from earlier, PWInsider's Mike Johnson is reporting that Dixie Carter has been in negotiations with WWE over the past five days. It's been said that the ownership rights have become very complicated, however Dixie still has the right to sell the company to whomever she sees fit.

Billy Corgan could still make a deal in time, however Johnson says "the fuse on the TNA bomb is close to the end." He says the end is well within sight, and at this point, there's no avoiding it.

Stay tuned for the latest information as it becomes available.
    Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...zoy1L4yK2PI.99
    Mike Bucci ( ECW's Nova )
    6 hrs Louisville, KY, United States
    The boys told me about the current TNA "supposed" situation. I hope everything works out and they can continue to run. I was part of ECW in 2001 when they went under and the industry was never the same. If TNA goes down, there are a bunch of guys whose careers will never be the same. Competition is good for the industry. The more places to work, the better it is for the talents. Why would anyone want to see them fail?

https://www.facebook.com/mike.bucci.75
    Yikes.

Re: TNA - Time is running out.

Given TNA's amazing way of always managing to stay alive when they should have been dead long ago, I'm sure they'll somehow manage to live.

Comment

Given TNA's amazing way of always managing to stay alive when they should have been dead long ago, I'm sure they'll somehow manage to live.

Comment

I feel like this is the 973rd time we've heard this in 2016 alone. It's to the point I don't even react now.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

Comment

I feel like this is the 973rd time we've heard this in 2016 alone. It's to the point I don't even react now.

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

Comment

It's kind of sad that it's come to this. There was a time when TNA was a viable alternative to WWE programming and they were on a big upswing. Now I would never think they could become even close to a WWE level of power but they could have given them enough competition to kick WWE in the ass and make them work just a bit harder. They really just committed suicide with a string of bad decisions. Part of me hopes that Billy can pull it off since he seems committed to revitalizing the brand. The other part wants them to fold is it so we can see their tapes put to good use either in the form of great specials for AJ, Joe, Sting, etc(let's face it. No one does video packages and specials like WWE and them not being the ones to use the tapes is such a waste) and maybe the Network broadcasting their good years.
            In it's current form, TNA is kind of garbage. I'd rather some of their talent land in WWE, ROH, NJPW, or LU and be used well. Now if Billy buys and can get the place back on track, I would be thrilled. They have some good talent there that are being wasted. My fear(more for Billy than anything) is that if he does buy, they'll just end up treading water until they eventually fold anyway so all he is doing is giving TNA a stay of execution. He might have put together the money to get through the PPV and a couple of weeks of taping but can he get the capital to keep the train rolling and actually elevate the brand? If he can't take TNA to another level, I wouldn't waste the money. He could go invest in GFW and help that brand gain its footing or invest in ROH and see if they can make a big run at their future. Personally, I'd love to see ROH get a wealthy investor and become the next big brand.
            -The Undertaker: It will always be his Yard
            -NXT gives me HOPE for the Future
            -KCCO
            ---θ---
            Currently playing:
            PS4: Fallout 4, The Division, Doom, Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, Life is Strange, Uncharted 4
            Mobile: Tapped Out, Forge of Empires, WWE Champions
            IGN for every Game I play and PSN: Stefulson
            Feel free to add me.
            sigpic

Comment

It's kind of sad that it's come to this. There was a time when TNA was a viable alternative to WWE programming and they were on a big upswing. Now I would never think they could become even close to a WWE level of power but they could have given them enough competition to kick WWE in the ass and make them work just a bit harder. They really just committed suicide with a string of bad decisions. Part of me hopes that Billy can pull it off since he seems committed to revitalizing the brand. The other part wants them to fold is it so we can see their tapes put to good use either in the form of great specials for AJ, Joe, Sting, etc(let's face it. No one does video packages and specials like WWE and them not being the ones to use the tapes is such a waste) and maybe the Network broadcasting their good years.
              In it's current form, TNA is kind of garbage. I'd rather some of their talent land in WWE, ROH, NJPW, or LU and be used well. Now if Billy buys and can get the place back on track, I would be thrilled. They have some good talent there that are being wasted. My fear(more for Billy than anything) is that if he does buy, they'll just end up treading water until they eventually fold anyway so all he is doing is giving TNA a stay of execution. He might have put together the money to get through the PPV and a couple of weeks of taping but can he get the capital to keep the train rolling and actually elevate the brand? If he can't take TNA to another level, I wouldn't waste the money. He could go invest in GFW and help that brand gain its footing or invest in ROH and see if they can make a big run at their future. Personally, I'd love to see ROH get a wealthy investor and become the next big brand.
              -The Undertaker: It will always be his Yard
              -NXT gives me HOPE for the Future
              -KCCO
              ---θ---
              Currently playing:
              PS4: Fallout 4, The Division, Doom, Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, Life is Strange, Uncharted 4
              Mobile: Tapped Out, Forge of Empires, WWE Champions
              IGN for every Game I play and PSN: Stefulson
              Feel free to add me.
              sigpic

Comment

There's still been no mention of a 2017 UK tour, which I've been finding a bit ominous. The tour usually happens around January/February, so either they're leaving it very late or just can't afford it...which would kinda suck, because I've been to a few TNA shows over the years and always had a great time.

If TNA did go down the drain, I'd hope for WWE to pick up all the library for the Network. They'd do well to grab guys like EC3, DJZ and Decay too.

Comment

There's still been no mention of a 2017 UK tour, which I've been finding a bit ominous. The tour usually happens around January/February, so either they're leaving it very late or just can't afford it...which would kinda suck, because I've been to a few TNA shows over the years and always had a great time.

If TNA did go down the drain, I'd hope for WWE to pick up all the library for the Network. They'd do well to grab guys like EC3, DJZ and Decay too.

Comment

If it does go down the final scene must be Matt deleting it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                        That would be pretty amazing

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                          That would be pretty amazing

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

Comment

This feels like the end.

Matt and Jeff will probably walk away, but I would definitely try to pick up the contracts of EC3, Decay, Lashley, Eli Drake, maybe a couple others

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Comment

This feels like the end.

Matt and Jeff will probably walk away, but I would definitely try to pick up the contracts of EC3, Decay, Lashley, Eli Drake, maybe a couple others

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Comment

Working...
                              X