General MMA Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Comments That Don't Require Their Own Thread

So, Wrestling will continue to be an Olympic Sport.

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
    http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
    Originally posted by Big Pete
    0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

Comment

TJ Grant gets the next shot at Pettis. I don't know, I smell at Matt Serra level upset coming.

Comment

TJ Grant gets the next shot at Pettis. I don't know, I smell at Matt Serra level upset coming.

Comment

I've always been a big fan of Pitbull but I did not see him finishing Diego Nunes in 79 seconds. Very impressive stuff. I think everyone pretty much expected Matyushenko to win so no surprise there. That's all I have to say about Bellator.

Tonight's WSOF card is pretty bland to me. Hoping Arlovski can get the win tonight. Not really interested in the Middleweight tournament and putting random Gracie fighters on these shows just because of their 'name value' just bugs me.

The big event tonight is the Mayweather/Canelo fight! I would love to see Canelo get the win but you can't bet against Mayweather so he's my pick. Would like to see Matthysse beat Garcia as well.

*CREDIT TO FRESH PRINCE*

PW'S 2015 WWE HOMETOWN HERO

Comment

I've always been a big fan of Pitbull but I did not see him finishing Diego Nunes in 79 seconds. Very impressive stuff. I think everyone pretty much expected Matyushenko to win so no surprise there. That's all I have to say about Bellator.

Tonight's WSOF card is pretty bland to me. Hoping Arlovski can get the win tonight. Not really interested in the Middleweight tournament and putting random Gracie fighters on these shows just because of their 'name value' just bugs me.

The big event tonight is the Mayweather/Canelo fight! I would love to see Canelo get the win but you can't bet against Mayweather so he's my pick. Would like to see Matthysse beat Garcia as well.

*CREDIT TO FRESH PRINCE*

Comment

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-9-mo...-attacks-ever/

Mildly amusing...

http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

Comment

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-9-mo...-attacks-ever/

Mildly amusing...

Comment

Anyone see Rolles Gracie get KO'ed last night?

It was the best thing next to Justin Eilers being KO'ed by Arlovski.

He got hit, turned around, wobbled, then did a Flair flop.

Comment

Anyone see Rolles Gracie get KO'ed last night?

It was the best thing next to Justin Eilers being KO'ed by Arlovski.

He got hit, turned around, wobbled, then did a Flair flop.

Comment

Gracies will never do anything big in MMA again. Just getting fights off name value at this point.

*CREDIT TO FRESH PRINCE*

Comment

Gracies will never do anything big in MMA again. Just getting fights off name value at this point.

*CREDIT TO FRESH PRINCE*

Comment

Well Anthony Pettis has his first challenger and it's not TJ Grant! Looks like Grant will not be ready for December and Josh Thomson has moved up and will get his shot at the title. Matches announced lately:

Lightweight Title: Anthony Pettis (c) vs. Josh Thomson (WOWZA)
                          Urijah Faber vs. Michael McDonald (SIIIICK~!)
                          Carlos Condit vs. Matt Brown (Condit should win but DAMN this has potential!)
                          Chad Mendes vs. Nik Lentz
                          Joe Lauzon vs. Mac Danzig

Scott Jorgensen vs. Ian McCall (Should be awesome, Jorgensen's first fight at 125)
                          Edson Barboza vs. Danny Castillo

And that is just matches added to UFC On Fox 9! I know not all of these matches are likely to happen with how often fighters are getting injured but... holy shit! That is one awesome card.

Four Heavyweight fights announced lately too:

Soa Palelei vs. Pat Barry
                          Frank Mir vs. Alistair Overeem
                          Mark Hunt vs. Bigfoot Silva
                          Travis Browne vs. Josh Barnett

Was big on Palelei returning to the UFC but his last fight was not the kind of fight that is going to keep him around, although he did win and did have a broken rib apparently. You can't have a boring fight with Barry, who is one of my favorites. Could see either fighter getting cut with a loss here.

I hope Overeem crushes Mir and Mike Dolce has said he believes he could get Mir down to 205... I don't see how, but it could be interesting. I don't like either fighter but I think I dislike Mir more here.

Will never root against Mark Hunt. I really wanted him to shock the world by beating Junior Dos Santos and getting a title shot. I hope he can beat Bigfoot here and have one last shot at an unlikely rise to the top.

I'm a fan of both Browne and Barnett but I think Barnett had his time at the top and it's time for Browne to shine. Some good competitive fights here, some that are hard to choose who I want to win and some that I'd like to see blowouts. I think I'd like to see Barry, Overeem, Hunt and Browne come out on top.

EDIT: Edson Barboza/Danny Castillo added to the already insane card up top. Barboza is a blast to watch always, even if his opponent is boring like Castillo.
                          Last edited by Brad; 09-19-2013, 08:59 PM.

*CREDIT TO FRESH PRINCE*

Comment

Well Anthony Pettis has his first challenger and it's not TJ Grant! Looks like Grant will not be ready for December and Josh Thomson has moved up and will get his shot at the title. Matches announced lately:

Lightweight Title: Anthony Pettis (c) vs. Josh Thomson (WOWZA)
                            Urijah Faber vs. Michael McDonald (SIIIICK~!)
                            Carlos Condit vs. Matt Brown (Condit should win but DAMN this has potential!)
                            Chad Mendes vs. Nik Lentz
                            Joe Lauzon vs. Mac Danzig

Scott Jorgensen vs. Ian McCall (Should be awesome, Jorgensen's first fight at 125)
                            Edson Barboza vs. Danny Castillo

And that is just matches added to UFC On Fox 9! I know not all of these matches are likely to happen with how often fighters are getting injured but... holy shit! That is one awesome card.

Four Heavyweight fights announced lately too:

Soa Palelei vs. Pat Barry
                            Frank Mir vs. Alistair Overeem
                            Mark Hunt vs. Bigfoot Silva
                            Travis Browne vs. Josh Barnett

Was big on Palelei returning to the UFC but his last fight was not the kind of fight that is going to keep him around, although he did win and did have a broken rib apparently. You can't have a boring fight with Barry, who is one of my favorites. Could see either fighter getting cut with a loss here.

I hope Overeem crushes Mir and Mike Dolce has said he believes he could get Mir down to 205... I don't see how, but it could be interesting. I don't like either fighter but I think I dislike Mir more here.

Will never root against Mark Hunt. I really wanted him to shock the world by beating Junior Dos Santos and getting a title shot. I hope he can beat Bigfoot here and have one last shot at an unlikely rise to the top.

I'm a fan of both Browne and Barnett but I think Barnett had his time at the top and it's time for Browne to shine. Some good competitive fights here, some that are hard to choose who I want to win and some that I'd like to see blowouts. I think I'd like to see Barry, Overeem, Hunt and Browne come out on top.

EDIT: Edson Barboza/Danny Castillo added to the already insane card up top. Barboza is a blast to watch always, even if his opponent is boring like Castillo.

*CREDIT TO FRESH PRINCE*

Comment

I see Barnett taking Browne down and dominating him.

Browne looked like garbage against Reem.

Comment

I see Barnett taking Browne down and dominating him.

Browne looked like garbage against Reem.

Comment

Working...
                                X