Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: General MMA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by vendrell View Post
    Don't think so. WWE on cable alone is two nights a week. That beats the UFC right there. On the WWE network your getting a live event Tuesday after smackdown. NXT on Wednesday and an NXT ppv every several months and two wwe ppv events per month. WWE has it beat in the over-saturation department by a mile.
    Ultimate Fighter
    UFC Main Event replays
    UFC Unleashed
    UFC Countdown
    UFC Tonight
    FS1 or FX for Fight Night or Prelims 3x/week

Wasn't just saying live content, but all the programming UFC has. Other sports still have more of course (NFL blows it out of the water), but for a sport structured as it is...it's a lot.

Especially when they're also struggling to recognize and develop stars on a regular basis, it leads to a problem where's there very little "big fight feel" anymore.

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vendrell View Post
      Don't think so. WWE on cable alone is two nights a week. That beats the UFC right there. On the WWE network your getting a live event Tuesday after smackdown. NXT on Wednesday and an NXT ppv every several months and two wwe ppv events per month. WWE has it beat in the over-saturation department by a mile.
      Ultimate Fighter
      UFC Main Event replays
      UFC Unleashed
      UFC Countdown
      UFC Tonight
      FS1 or FX for Fight Night or Prelims 3x/week

Wasn't just saying live content, but all the programming UFC has. Other sports still have more of course (NFL blows it out of the water), but for a sport structured as it is...it's a lot.

Especially when they're also struggling to recognize and develop stars on a regular basis, it leads to a problem where's there very little "big fight feel" anymore.

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

Comment

I was watching the Mexico City fight night and was triggered by the shitty translator! LOL

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
        http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
        Originally posted by Big Pete
        0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
        http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

Comment

I was watching the Mexico City fight night and was triggered by the shitty translator! LOL

Credit to BezerroBizarro from DeviantArt and Lony for Resisizing!
          http://bezerrobizarro.deviantart.com...oshi-163705876
          Originally posted by Big Pete
          0 days since a Cena fight. C'mon guys we need to at least get it up to two.
          http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=123457 THE KID VS DOSE MATCH IS ON!!!!

Comment

GSP has signed a bout agreement contract to face Michael Bisping at UFC 217 (Madison Square Garden)

Finally.

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

Comment

GSP has signed a bout agreement contract to face Michael Bisping at UFC 217 (Madison Square Garden)

Finally.

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

Comment

sucks they have to fight in NYC and pay all those taxes.
                I am your God

Comment

sucks they have to fight in NYC and pay all those taxes.
                  I am your God

Comment

MSG is still the Mecca of Sports and it's an awesome place to fight. I still stand by my comments that a UFC event is the WORST sports event to attend live as you can't see shit. So I wouldn't be paying my own hard earned money to go there.

As for the fight, GSP will probably win by decision and piss off all MMA supporters who may have forgotten that he's not going to give you that awesome KO moment. He's just going to out MMA Bisping. Should make for an entertaining build up and I'll definitely be watching it live. Is there any word on the other fights yet?

Comment

MSG is still the Mecca of Sports and it's an awesome place to fight. I still stand by my comments that a UFC event is the WORST sports event to attend live as you can't see shit. So I wouldn't be paying my own hard earned money to go there.

As for the fight, GSP will probably win by decision and piss off all MMA supporters who may have forgotten that he's not going to give you that awesome KO moment. He's just going to out MMA Bisping. Should make for an entertaining build up and I'll definitely be watching it live. Is there any word on the other fights yet?

Comment

Agreed. Two small men lying on a mat behind a cage is a Crap visual spectacle live.
                        I am your God

Comment

Agreed. Two small men lying on a mat behind a cage is a Crap visual spectacle live.
                          I am your God

Comment

• More cancelled fights, including yet another title match main event, meaning yet another thoroughly unexciting card for UFC

this company is really in the crapper this year in terms of getting cards together.

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Comment

• I wonder who will be the #1 contender for DJ's belt now?

Props to surrender for the great banner.

Comment

• Valentina should've gotten her hand raised

Comment

Working...
                                X