Conor vs Mayweather

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Conor vs Mayweather

Hypothetically, if it wasn't complete bullshit...

A boxing match is no contest, and I assume that'd be the absolute only way Mayweather would even consider it, he'd never put himself in a position where he'd be the underdog, he, if anything, would just want to "prove" that MMA fighters are inferior, I'd say.

But in an MMA fight, Mayweather would go down, a hug gets ya kneed in the stomach in MMA, and Conor could use kicks to help nullify Money's hand skill, then there's grappling.

That being said, Money has a better chance dropping Conor in MMA than Conor does besting Mayweather in boxing. Payday is the only possible reason I could see Conor fighting Floyd.
    Originally posted by Black Dynamite
    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

Comment

Hypothetically, if it wasn't complete bullshit...

A boxing match is no contest, and I assume that'd be the absolute only way Mayweather would even consider it, he'd never put himself in a position where he'd be the underdog, he, if anything, would just want to "prove" that MMA fighters are inferior, I'd say.

But in an MMA fight, Mayweather would go down, a hug gets ya kneed in the stomach in MMA, and Conor could use kicks to help nullify Money's hand skill, then there's grappling.

That being said, Money has a better chance dropping Conor in MMA than Conor does besting Mayweather in boxing. Payday is the only possible reason I could see Conor fighting Floyd.
      Originally posted by Black Dynamite
      Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

Comment

This is picking up steam again, with Conor getting a boxing license in Cali recently. They were talking about this on ESPN on that one show with Tony Cornhieser and the other guy(not a big fan of these guys ever since they ran down Sean Taylor like a piece of shit thug that had it coming after he got murdered in his home back in 07), they were saying that there is so much money behind this that it could very well happen, and they brushed off Conor as a joke that would get knocked out in seconds even if Floyd came in without training. I grew up as a big boxing fan, still am a fan of the old fights and fighters but I would really like to see this fight happen and would really like to see Conor shock the world. I think he can do it. How huge would that be for the sport of MMA for Conor to shut up all of the haters that talk about MMA like it's a second class combat sport. Also on that show today they compared this again to Ali vs Inok, as if MMA is like a pro wrestling type of white trash deal(it is).

Comment

This is picking up steam again, with Conor getting a boxing license in Cali recently. They were talking about this on ESPN on that one show with Tony Cornhieser and the other guy(not a big fan of these guys ever since they ran down Sean Taylor like a piece of shit thug that had it coming after he got murdered in his home back in 07), they were saying that there is so much money behind this that it could very well happen, and they brushed off Conor as a joke that would get knocked out in seconds even if Floyd came in without training. I grew up as a big boxing fan, still am a fan of the old fights and fighters but I would really like to see this fight happen and would really like to see Conor shock the world. I think he can do it. How huge would that be for the sport of MMA for Conor to shut up all of the haters that talk about MMA like it's a second class combat sport. Also on that show today they compared this again to Ali vs Inok, as if MMA is like a pro wrestling type of white trash deal(it is).

Comment

Originally posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
            Connor throws punches from really odd angles, and southpaws connect on Floyd more, because his shoulder roll was made to roll away from right handed power shots (Floyd usually audibles to a more traditional high guard against southpaws, which diminishes his counter punching prowess). With that being said, Connor would have to get lucky with a power shot, because that's his only chance, and yes, I think that would be the most important moment in MMA's history if it were to happen.

I want this fight to happen so bad. I think Floyd would slice him up, and it would be like light sparring for him, but the excitement of the unknown, and the build up to this fight, would be glorious.

$

Comment

Originally posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
              Connor throws punches from really odd angles, and southpaws connect on Floyd more, because his shoulder roll was made to roll away from right handed power shots (Floyd usually audibles to a more traditional high guard against southpaws, which diminishes his counter punching prowess). With that being said, Connor would have to get lucky with a power shot, because that's his only chance, and yes, I think that would be the most important moment in MMA's history if it were to happen.

I want this fight to happen so bad. I think Floyd would slice him up, and it would be like light sparring for him, but the excitement of the unknown, and the build up to this fight, would be glorious.

$

Comment

Just think about the promos and press conferences with these two going at it, it would be unreal. They have to do this.

Comment

Just think about the promos and press conferences with these two going at it, it would be unreal. They have to do this.

Comment

From what I read, he got the boxing license in California because he'd be able to enact the Ali Act, whereby he could technically nullify his contract with the UFC in order to fight Floyd (Floyd isn't going to fight anywhere but Vegas really and McGregor would still need a license there along with paying off his fine/doing those anti-bullying video things the commission still wants him to do for the water bottle stuff)

Easier said than done obviously as if it went to court, the UFC would do everything to tie him up and keep him under contract (he'd also have to prove abuse from the promotor) but if he could get out of contract and fight Floyd, goddamn. Still think Floyd isn't going to lose to a guy with no pro boxing fights and would handily destroy McGregor but goddamn if McGregor managed to knock him out somehow ...

Comment

From what I read, he got the boxing license in California because he'd be able to enact the Ali Act, whereby he could technically nullify his contract with the UFC in order to fight Floyd (Floyd isn't going to fight anywhere but Vegas really and McGregor would still need a license there along with paying off his fine/doing those anti-bullying video things the commission still wants him to do for the water bottle stuff)

Easier said than done obviously as if it went to court, the UFC would do everything to tie him up and keep him under contract (he'd also have to prove abuse from the promotor) but if he could get out of contract and fight Floyd, goddamn. Still think Floyd isn't going to lose to a guy with no pro boxing fights and would handily destroy McGregor but goddamn if McGregor managed to knock him out somehow ...

Comment

And the UFC still wouldn't strip him. I mean, look how damn long it took for them to do it with a title he hadn't once defended.
                        Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
                        Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

Comment

And the UFC still wouldn't strip him. I mean, look how damn long it took for them to do it with a title he hadn't once defended.
                          Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
                          Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

Comment

Originally posted by SensesFailed View Post
                            There was a reason they didn't strip him of the 145 sooner, Dana had a boner for Connor holding 2 belts up. Mad publicity. Once he did that and got all the press it was an easy decision. Not to mention stripping him also garnered more press. Win - Win.

Banner Credit: Spike

Comment

Originally posted by SensesFailed View Post
                              There was a reason they didn't strip him of the 145 sooner, Dana had a boner for Connor holding 2 belts up. Mad publicity. Once he did that and got all the press it was an easy decision. Not to mention stripping him also garnered more press. Win - Win.

Banner Credit: Spike

Comment

I really don't want this fight. Floyd is so boring in ring. I am a huge boxing fan. But floyd is horrible tv.
                                I am your God

Comment

Working...
                                X