This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Boxing Discussion Thread

Welcome to the General Boxing Discussion, Fight, & Announcement thread. Feel free to post your views, any upcoming or ongoing fights, or just any reasonable announcements on the sweet science as it's called.

Re: General Boxing Discussion, Fight, and Announcement Thread

Man I love reading about old school boxing. Recently watched a great trilogy of fights between Tony Zale and Rocky Graziano:

Also, Mercel Cerdan was a badass. Here is a great picture of him putting Zale on the deck:

I recently converted my back storage room of my house into a gym. I went all out, repainted it, laid a nice wood floor down over the concrete, dug the old punching bag and all of my old gear out and set it up along with my treadmill. I've been looking for some pictures to hang on the wall and I love these old boxing pics. Great stuff.

Comment

Man I love reading about old school boxing. Recently watched a great trilogy of fights between Tony Zale and Rocky Graziano:

Also, Mercel Cerdan was a badass. Here is a great picture of him putting Zale on the deck:

I recently converted my back storage room of my house into a gym. I went all out, repainted it, laid a nice wood floor down over the concrete, dug the old punching bag and all of my old gear out and set it up along with my treadmill. I've been looking for some pictures to hang on the wall and I love these old boxing pics. Great stuff.

Comment

Rare Raven sighting in this forum. I was looking to see what new podcasts I had to listen to for the day. This week's New Yorker podcast is something that may interest you. It's about the current state of Boxing, and it's place in the wide world of sports. It's a good listen. Only about 16 minutes long.

http://www.newyorker.com/podcast/out...-sweet-science

Comment

Rare Raven sighting in this forum. I was looking to see what new podcasts I had to listen to for the day. This week's New Yorker podcast is something that may interest you. It's about the current state of Boxing, and it's place in the wide world of sports. It's a good listen. Only about 16 minutes long.

http://www.newyorker.com/podcast/out...-sweet-science

Comment

GGG vs Mayweather please and Deontay Wilder vs Klitschko. Thank you. I say those as a bit of an exaggeration. I am a huge Klitschko fan. Deontay and GGG are two of the most interesting new things I have seen in fight sport in quite a while.
            I am your God

Comment

GGG vs Mayweather please and Deontay Wilder vs Klitschko. Thank you. I say those as a bit of an exaggeration. I am a huge Klitschko fan. Deontay and GGG are two of the most interesting new things I have seen in fight sport in quite a while.
              I am your God

Comment

This thread is a great idea.

Originally posted by Theend View Post
                Mayweather would be crazy to take that fight. Golovkin is a guy that basically has to starve himself to cut to 160, and he has huge, Tyson-like P4P punching power. Steel chin or not, Mayweather could hit the floor like a sack of shit against this guy. Mayweather doesn't need to take this fight. I mean take my fucking money and book the fight by all means. But it's a crazy fight for Floyd.

I keep trying to convince myself that Wilder can do something against Klitschko. Like, desperately trying to convince myself. But I can't. Klitschko wins a UD losing four rounds at most.

Comment

This thread is a great idea.

Originally posted by Theend View Post
                  Mayweather would be crazy to take that fight. Golovkin is a guy that basically has to starve himself to cut to 160, and he has huge, Tyson-like P4P punching power. Steel chin or not, Mayweather could hit the floor like a sack of shit against this guy. Mayweather doesn't need to take this fight. I mean take my fucking money and book the fight by all means. But it's a crazy fight for Floyd.

I keep trying to convince myself that Wilder can do something against Klitschko. Like, desperately trying to convince myself. But I can't. Klitschko wins a UD losing four rounds at most.

Comment

I just don't see Floyd taking a dangerous fight. If he feels he's got a chance to lose, he's not gonna book it. That's why he's trying to push De La Hoya for a match.

Comment

I just don't see Floyd taking a dangerous fight. If he feels he's got a chance to lose, he's not gonna book it. That's why he's trying to push De La Hoya for a match.

Comment

I know people believe Floyd ducks, and they may have a point, but to me, this wouldn't be ducking a fight. This fight just makes no sense.

Floyd will take Khan, and the saddest thing is, Khan probably is the most dangerous fight left for Floyd outside of Golovkin.

Comment

I know people believe Floyd ducks, and they may have a point, but to me, this wouldn't be ducking a fight. This fight just makes no sense.

Floyd will take Khan, and the saddest thing is, Khan probably is the most dangerous fight left for Floyd outside of Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post

The next fight is Floyd's last on his Showtime contract. Afterwards, who knows if he's gonna keep fighting. I'm doubting it cause he's not getting any younger. We'll see though.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post

The next fight is Floyd's last on his Showtime contract. Afterwards, who knows if he's gonna keep fighting. I'm doubting it cause he's not getting any younger. We'll see though.

Comment

Working...
                              X