First day of Attitude Era?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First day of Attitude Era?

What was officially the first episode or starting point of Attitude Era?

(May need to move to history forum)
    Last edited by P1aytim3; 05-18-2017, 05:57 AM. Reason: Wrong forum?

Re: First day of Attitude Era?

King of the ring 1996, June 23rd

or

Survivor series 1997, Nov 9th
    Last edited by mysteriofan; 05-18-2017, 08:01 AM.
    How to win the WWE title
    BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
    The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
    Thanks to all who give rep

Comment

King of the ring 1996, June 23rd

or

Survivor series 1997, Nov 9th
      How to win the WWE title
      BEST AVATAR IN THE WORLD!
      The winner of Summerfest!'s Signature Face-Off!
      Thanks to all who give rep

Comment

Sometime in 96. Before Survivor Series. I always thought the stuff with Goldust and then KOTR 96 ushered us in until Vince made it official on air. Only going by WWF unless the nWo took place earlier?

When would you say it ended? 17 right?

Comment

Sometime in 96. Before Survivor Series. I always thought the stuff with Goldust and then KOTR 96 ushered us in until Vince made it official on air. Only going by WWF unless the nWo took place earlier?

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post

If we're flexible enough to potentially consider the start point to be as early as Goldust's debut in late '95, I'd like to challenge the commonly held notion that the AE ended at WMX7 and advance the idea that the AE dragged on through the Invasion, WMX8, and really finally only ended when we got the F out, instituted a brand split, and officially entered the Ruthless Aggression Era in 2002.
            : 04/02/11}:forever&always
            ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
            http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=121686

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post

If we're flexible enough to potentially consider the start point to be as early as Goldust's debut in late '95, I'd like to challenge the commonly held notion that the AE ended at WMX7 and advance the idea that the AE dragged on through the Invasion, WMX8, and really finally only ended when we got the F out, instituted a brand split, and officially entered the Ruthless Aggression Era in 2002.
              : 04/02/11}:forever&always
              ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
              http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=121686

Comment

I just make it simple and consider the Attitude Era as lasting from Wrestlemania 13 to Wrestlemania 17. This thread is why I don't go overboard with dividing things into eras. Throw 10 wrestling fans together and you'll likely get 10 different opinions on when these things started and ended.

Comment

I just make it simple and consider the Attitude Era as lasting from Wrestlemania 13 to Wrestlemania 17. This thread is why I don't go overboard with dividing things into eras. Throw 10 wrestling fans together and you'll likely get 10 different opinions on when these things started and ended.

Comment

Officially, December 15, 1997:

Comment

Officially, December 15, 1997:

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                        Basically this. We'd all view it as starting in in a different date, when there really is no set date.

Now, to add more confusion...

Another possible starting date could be March, 17, 1997.

http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/M...ht_RAW_results

The week prior, Raw was billed as "Raw is War", which became synonymous with the Attitude Era, and also this episode had Bret cutting a promo using profanity not common for the time ("this is bullshit").

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                          Basically this. We'd all view it as starting in in a different date, when there really is no set date.

Now, to add more confusion...

Another possible starting date could be March, 17, 1997.

http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/M...ht_RAW_results

The week prior, Raw was billed as "Raw is War", which became synonymous with the Attitude Era, and also this episode had Bret cutting a promo using profanity not common for the time ("this is bullshit").

Comment

It was really a gradual transition that came in waves, it didn't really start overnight in one day. You had the proto-Attitude Era, the pre-season that probably begins with Pillman's got a gun and Goldust in 1996 up until the ECW Invasion(which had seeds planted in October 96) up to the launch of Shotgun Saturday Night in February 97, the way they focused in on Vader's blood at In Your House 4 way match that same month, up to Bret's promo saying Bullshit more or less acknowledging the fact that Vince is the boss. The first real wave starts at Mania 13, the bloodiest and most violent ECW style Wrestlemania ever up to that point. It progressed through that Spring, things started to get racier going into the Summer, Farooq playing the race card in the Taker feud, Foley's JR interview. Some say that Mania 13 was the end of the New Generation but to me Summerslam 97 really felt like the end of that era. September was the start of the 3rd wave, I always point to the Madison Square Garden episode of Raw from that month as a pretty good starting point but it was really a gradual build up to that show, after the MSG Raw in September it was on, they started to turn up the heat little by little, can't forget about Cornett's shoot promos on Raw at that time, Austin was also doing some crazy shit every week, the bloody/violent Hell in a Cell that October, then you had the Montreal Screwjob and then in December Vince delivers a full on disclaimer, put the women and children to bed early on Monday nights, shits about to get real. It was on. WCW was fucked.
                            Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 05-18-2017, 03:24 PM.

Comment

It was really a gradual transition that came in waves, it didn't really start overnight in one day. You had the proto-Attitude Era, the pre-season that probably begins with Pillman's got a gun and Goldust in 1996 up until the ECW Invasion(which had seeds planted in October 96) up to the launch of Shotgun Saturday Night in February 97, the way they focused in on Vader's blood at In Your House 4 way match that same month, up to Bret's promo saying Bullshit more or less acknowledging the fact that Vince is the boss. The first real wave starts at Mania 13, the bloodiest and most violent ECW style Wrestlemania ever up to that point. It progressed through that Spring, things started to get racier going into the Summer, Farooq playing the race card in the Taker feud, Foley's JR interview. Some say that Mania 13 was the end of the New Generation but to me Summerslam 97 really felt like the end of that era. September was the start of the 3rd wave, I always point to the Madison Square Garden episode of Raw from that month as a pretty good starting point but it was really a gradual build up to that show, after the MSG Raw in September it was on, they started to turn up the heat little by little, can't forget about Cornett's shoot promos on Raw at that time, Austin was also doing some crazy shit every week, the bloody/violent Hell in a Cell that October, then you had the Montreal Screwjob and then in December Vince delivers a full on disclaimer, put the women and children to bed early on Monday nights, shits about to get real. It was on. WCW was fucked.

Comment

Working...
                              X