• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Greatest Wrestlers in WCW History Countdown

I'm in.

sigpic

Comment

I got my 50 narrowed down, much easier than I thought it would be. I put together a list of my favorites and still had 7 slots left open. Now just got to work on ranking them.

Comment

I got my 50 narrowed down, much easier than I thought it would be. I put together a list of my favorites and still had 7 slots left open. Now just got to work on ranking them.

Comment

Got two more ballots since my last post. That makes seven so far. Taking into account who voted, and who has yet to vote, turnout should surpass the ECW Countdown, which is great. The more the merrier.

One of the wrestlers I really wanted to get a vote just received one. I was *this close* to spoiling it by telling the whole world in my excitement Now if the other guy I just couldn't find room for gets a vote all will be right with the world.....even if my #6 & #12 continue to be left off many ballots

Comment

Got two more ballots since my last post. That makes seven so far. Taking into account who voted, and who has yet to vote, turnout should surpass the ECW Countdown, which is great. The more the merrier.

One of the wrestlers I really wanted to get a vote just received one. I was *this close* to spoiling it by telling the whole world in my excitement Now if the other guy I just couldn't find room for gets a vote all will be right with the world.....even if my #6 & #12 continue to be left off many ballots

Comment

I'm stuck at like 68 and struggling with ranking. Debating giving into the urge to do an odd ranking to throw some extra weight at guys who I want to make sure get due love.
              : 04/02/11}:forever&always
              ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
              http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=121686

Comment

I'm stuck at like 68 and struggling with ranking. Debating giving into the urge to do an odd ranking to throw some extra weight at guys who I want to make sure get due love.

Comment

I just want to know who's gonna put my girl Spice on their non wrestler top 10?

My list is done and sent. Unlike PI I had a hard time filling out the last 10 spots, so many guys that got pushed or had really long accomplished(kayfabe) runs in WCW I just did not care for, while a lot of my favorites either had really short runs or just weren't really pushed into prominent roles. A lot of WWF and ECW guys on my list, I also struggled with ranking guys based on who I loved when I was watching back in the day(1994-2000) vs guys who I like a lot watching the old tapes recently.
                  Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 05-19-2017, 11:01 PM.

Comment

My list is done and sent. Unlike PI I had a hard time filling out the last 10 spots, so many guys that got pushed or had really long accomplished(kayfabe) runs in WCW I just did not care for, while a lot of my favorites either had really short runs or just weren't really pushed into prominent roles. A lot of WWF and ECW guys on my list, I also struggled with ranking guys based on who I loved when I was watching back in the day(1994-2000) vs guys who I like a lot watching the old tapes recently.

Comment

Originally posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post

That's part of my problem... It's hard to neutralize favoritism. And trying to focus on more objective measures like kayfabe success, magazie awards, longevity, drawing power, influence/impact, has me including some guys who wouldn't make the cut at all possibly if I were to gear this more toward who I enjoyed. Coffee's on. Gonna try to knock this out this morning during my morning shits before it's time for yard chores.

Comment

Originally posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post

That's part of my problem... It's hard to neutralize favoritism. And trying to focus on more objective measures like kayfabe success, magazie awards, longevity, drawing power, influence/impact, has me including some guys who wouldn't make the cut at all possibly if I were to gear this more toward who I enjoyed. Coffee's on. Gonna try to knock this out this morning during my morning shits before it's time for yard chores.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                          Tentative deadline is May 27th.
                          I got tomorrow off, so I'll try and get a list put together for this, though don't be surprised if Jeff Jarrett makes my top ten.

Banner Credit: Surrender
                          Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
                          Dragon Ball Super, Pokemon Sun & Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                            Tentative deadline is May 27th.
                            I got tomorrow off, so I'll try and get a list put together for this, though don't be surprised if Jeff Jarrett makes my top ten.

Banner Credit: Surrender
                            Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
                            Dragon Ball Super, Pokemon Sun & Moon

Comment

Looking forward to this, my list is in.

The biggest challenge was voting for guys who felt over at the time, as opposed to guys who's work held up better or who had the most quote on quote great matches. 1st and 2nd seem like no-brainers to me, but the list gets really challenging from then on, especially when you factor in longevity and peak years for the company.

I can't wait for the results to come in and to read some of the amazing write-ups. When PW was messed up earlier, one of the reasons I bothered to check in was because of that amazing ECW thread. It's pretty crazy that after all these years, that one little company from Philadelphia is still having a positive impact albeit on a small community of Pro Wrestling nerds.
                              [MENTION=103897]ShinobiMusashi[/MENTION] - I'm ready whenever you are to get this 1997 Monday Night Wars book club going.

Comment

Looking forward to this, my list is in.

The biggest challenge was voting for guys who felt over at the time, as opposed to guys who's work held up better or who had the most quote on quote great matches. 1st and 2nd seem like no-brainers to me, but the list gets really challenging from then on, especially when you factor in longevity and peak years for the company.

I can't wait for the results to come in and to read some of the amazing write-ups. When PW was messed up earlier, one of the reasons I bothered to check in was because of that amazing ECW thread. It's pretty crazy that after all these years, that one little company from Philadelphia is still having a positive impact albeit on a small community of Pro Wrestling nerds.
                                [MENTION=103897]ShinobiMusashi[/MENTION] - I'm ready whenever you are to get this 1997 Monday Night Wars book club going.

Comment

Working...
                                X