Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Razor Ramon/Scott Hall great matches...were there any?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Razor Ramon/Scott Hall great matches...were there any?

Originally posted by Baker
    KOTR 94 finals.
    Oh yeah! I forgot. Another one I gotta watch.
    First set of inductees for Titans: Bret Hart, Randy Savage, Shawn Michaels, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and The Undertaker

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgore View Post
      Hall was consistently solid, rarely great. I've always found it funny that Hall has the better reputation as a worker, but Nash probably has more "great" matches (not that Nash has many himself, obviously), but that's because Hall's basement was higher, and he'd rarely have a bad match, as Nash was known to do in between his rare quality ones. Pre-workrate era, Hall would have good matches week to week. He was consistent as hell, and that's where his reputation was made. Like a match against Rick Martel on Raw is far from great, but that was one of the better TV matches you'd see on WWF television in those days. Hall also had great skill in something that is almost non existent now, and that was the art of a squash match, which was like 85% of TV when he was coming up.
      Your first sentence pretty much sums him up. He wasn't ever terrible(although some of his late WCW work was uninspired), however he only had two or three memorable matches. The thing I remember about Hall was that he had a wicked looking right hand. Probably one of the best punches in the business.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgore View Post
        Hall was consistently solid, rarely great. I've always found it funny that Hall has the better reputation as a worker, but Nash probably has more "great" matches (not that Nash has many himself, obviously), but that's because Hall's basement was higher, and he'd rarely have a bad match, as Nash was known to do in between his rare quality ones. Pre-workrate era, Hall would have good matches week to week. He was consistent as hell, and that's where his reputation was made. Like a match against Rick Martel on Raw is far from great, but that was one of the better TV matches you'd see on WWF television in those days. Hall also had great skill in something that is almost non existent now, and that was the art of a squash match, which was like 85% of TV when he was coming up.
        Your first sentence pretty much sums him up. He wasn't ever terrible(although some of his late WCW work was uninspired), however he only had two or three memorable matches. The thing I remember about Hall was that he had a wicked looking right hand. Probably one of the best punches in the business.

Comment

Killed jobbers with the Diamond Death Drop/ Razor Edge/ Outsiders Edge, it may be my favorite finisher of all time.
          Austin Aries> CM Punk

Comment

Killed jobbers with the Diamond Death Drop/ Razor Edge/ Outsiders Edge, it may be my favorite finisher of all time.
            Austin Aries> CM Punk

Comment

Working...
            X