ECW Greatest Wrestler Countdown Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECW Greatest Wrestler Countdown Results

Oh, shit... I should've been paying more attention.

If I understand the posts correctly, Kevin Sullivan and Jerry Lawler only got one vote a piece an that's why they made the list? I think those were my votes then. I don't know how much I'll be commenting in this thread in a worthwhile capacity as rankings are revealed since I don't really consider myself a "real" or "hardcore" (no pun intended) ECW fan... but I hope I did right in getting those two guys on the official list. Their roles seemed to have some significance. Judgin by others' comments so far, I'm glad I tossed them both some love.

Then Jason and Ron Simmons are two others from my list. I think I might've given Ron possibly a little more love than perhaps his ECW run warranted... in part because I can't separate Ron's actual ECW run from PW's awesome Extreme Nation concept and Ron's general badassery. It's interesting to note the gap between Ron @ #41 and Lawler @ #48 on my list... I'm wondering where the guys in between will rank.

This was a fun countdown to put together a list for, and so far I'm loving the reveals and subsequent commentary from everyone involved. Thanks to @Baker for running this. March 2016 was Stone Cold month. Between this and the draft, April 2017 is proving to be the Bake month.
    : 04/02/11}:forever&always
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
    http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=121686

Comment

Jason- Wasn't really a fan, his first run tangling with Scorpio and Deano would be my favorite period I guess. His run as a manager later didn't win me over.

Tommy Rich- My least favorite of the FBI gang, still had too many demons to fully pull of the gimmick.

Pitbull #2- I gave credit to both but #2 had one of the more credible solo runs out the tag team splits. He and Jericho especially had great chemistry plus the Francine turn was one of the early shocking moments from my ECW fandom.

Tony Mamaluke- He and Guido portrayed good underdogs. Maybe I should have voted for this version of the FBI but like Baker I didn't see much of this version with ECW fading from my radar a bit.

Ian Rotten- He was also one of the early poster boys for ECW but he will be forever linked with Axl. Outside of that there really isn't that much that grabs me. He will get his due later in the countdown.

Bruise Brothers- Hated them everywhere they went. They had a unique look and friends in high places, that's about it.

Doring and Roadkill- They almost made my list mostly due to Roadkill being an athletic fat guy. Outside of that they had the future Lita and not much else. Doring did show flashes of being a good heel when he first came out with the vertigo gimmick but fell back into a clichéd gimmick done better by several other guys.

Bourne Again- An interesting concept but just didn't have the staying power to make my list.

Chilly Willy- For me he's the most forgotten personality of modern ECW, he must have been really bad.

Juventud Guerrera- Loved his match with Mysterio at the Big Ass Extreme Bash but he didn't stay for very long and wasn't the first to bring Extreme Lucha to the company.

Hack Myers- He made it to 47 on my list. He did a lot of the dirty work for the company in the early days working with Benoit, Taz, Sabu, Malenko etc. and getting them established while still maintaining an appealing image and character to the ECW faithful. A list would not be complete without the Shah.

Ron Simmons- His proto APA character worked well in ECW but again didn't have a long stay. If only the Extreme Nation came to fruition in reality....

Tommy Cairo- Simply for introducing one of the most iconic images and implements into ECW with the kendo stick he makes it to number 44 on my list. He also helped transform Sandman's more modern character in one of ECW's early "edgy" angles ripping off the Singapore caning news story. He was a huge overlooked piece to the ECW puzzle, great to see he got 5 votes.

Comment

Jason- Wasn't really a fan, his first run tangling with Scorpio and Deano would be my favorite period I guess. His run as a manager later didn't win me over.

Tommy Rich- My least favorite of the FBI gang, still had too many demons to fully pull of the gimmick.

Pitbull #2- I gave credit to both but #2 had one of the more credible solo runs out the tag team splits. He and Jericho especially had great chemistry plus the Francine turn was one of the early shocking moments from my ECW fandom.

Tony Mamaluke- He and Guido portrayed good underdogs. Maybe I should have voted for this version of the FBI but like Baker I didn't see much of this version with ECW fading from my radar a bit.

Ian Rotten- He was also one of the early poster boys for ECW but he will be forever linked with Axl. Outside of that there really isn't that much that grabs me. He will get his due later in the countdown.

Bruise Brothers- Hated them everywhere they went. They had a unique look and friends in high places, that's about it.

Doring and Roadkill- They almost made my list mostly due to Roadkill being an athletic fat guy. Outside of that they had the future Lita and not much else. Doring did show flashes of being a good heel when he first came out with the vertigo gimmick but fell back into a clichéd gimmick done better by several other guys.

Bourne Again- An interesting concept but just didn't have the staying power to make my list.

Chilly Willy- For me he's the most forgotten personality of modern ECW, he must have been really bad.

Juventud Guerrera- Loved his match with Mysterio at the Big Ass Extreme Bash but he didn't stay for very long and wasn't the first to bring Extreme Lucha to the company.

Hack Myers- He made it to 47 on my list. He did a lot of the dirty work for the company in the early days working with Benoit, Taz, Sabu, Malenko etc. and getting them established while still maintaining an appealing image and character to the ECW faithful. A list would not be complete without the Shah.

Ron Simmons- His proto APA character worked well in ECW but again didn't have a long stay. If only the Extreme Nation came to fruition in reality....

Tommy Cairo- Simply for introducing one of the most iconic images and implements into ECW with the kendo stick he makes it to number 44 on my list. He also helped transform Sandman's more modern character in one of ECW's early "edgy" angles ripping off the Singapore caning news story. He was a huge overlooked piece to the ECW puzzle, great to see he got 5 votes.

Comment

Tommy Rich #32- I enjoyed him BECAUSE he was washed-up-still looked great covered in blood. I had mags from 80's with PRETTY Tommy on the cover-glad I got to see him in the flesh

Pitbull#2- I had switched a name he got lost-He was dumb +strong-bled well

Ian Rotten#39- Trash 'rassler-very sick Tapai Glass matches with Ian-rolling in glass-very Philly

Roadkill #38-Chickens promos-so stupid=genius

Doring- a 4th rate Brett Hart wannabe-Lackluster and loud-very Philly

Tommy Cairo #44- loved his name-very exotic-Kendo stick matches with Sandman were VERY violent
          "Don't break the Kayfabe"

Comment

Tommy Rich #32- I enjoyed him BECAUSE he was washed-up-still looked great covered in blood. I had mags from 80's with PRETTY Tommy on the cover-glad I got to see him in the flesh

Pitbull#2- I had switched a name he got lost-He was dumb +strong-bled well

Ian Rotten#39- Trash 'rassler-very sick Tapai Glass matches with Ian-rolling in glass-very Philly

Roadkill #38-Chickens promos-so stupid=genius

Doring- a 4th rate Brett Hart wannabe-Lackluster and loud-very Philly

Tommy Cairo #44- loved his name-very exotic-Kendo stick matches with Sandman were VERY violent
            "Don't break the Kayfabe"

Comment

Happy to see this up and running - going to be awesome @Baker.

Also already enjoying the write ups so far.

I don't know how much I will have to add until we get to the top 50 or closer to the top 50 , but I will say Hayabusa was on my list.

Comment

Happy to see this up and running - going to be awesome @Baker.

Also already enjoying the write ups so far.

I don't know how much I will have to add until we get to the top 50 or closer to the top 50 , but I will say Hayabusa was on my list.

Comment

#60-#51

4 Votes-32 Points
                  CW Anderson

2 Votes-33 Points
                  Jazz

3 Votes-37 Points
                  Don Muraco

1 Vote-38 Points
                  Dances With Dudley

6 Votes-38 Points
                  Nova

1 Vote-39 Points
                  Dudley Dudley

3 Votes-43 Points
                  Eddie Gilbert

2 Votes-45 Points
                  D-Von Dudley

2 Votes-47 Points
                  Bubba Ray Dudley

5 Votes-49 Points
                  Blue Meanie
                  Last edited by Baker; 04-18-2017, 12:29 AM.

Comment

#60-#51

4 Votes-32 Points
                    CW Anderson

2 Votes-33 Points
                    Jazz

3 Votes-37 Points
                    Don Muraco

1 Vote-38 Points
                    Dances With Dudley

6 Votes-38 Points
                    Nova

1 Vote-39 Points
                    Dudley Dudley

3 Votes-43 Points
                    Eddie Gilbert

2 Votes-45 Points
                    D-Von Dudley

2 Votes-47 Points
                    Bubba Ray Dudley

5 Votes-49 Points
                    Blue Meanie

Comment

There is something about Tommy Rich that I find to be absolutely hilarious, I don't really know why, just the little things he does when he's heckling the fans cracks me up. I only seen him wrestle a match or two so I put him on my non wrestler top 10. I fucking love the guy.

Pitbull 2 was a great bad ass in his prime in ECW. The match against Jericho is probably my favorite Jericho match in ECW. After watching through the build up to and immediate aftermath of Barely Legal a few years ago I kind a felt like they neutered him through the Shane Douglas feud. Shane just got the upper hand on him too many times and buried him in promos, Pitbull 2's comeuppances that he would get just didn't feel big enough for all the shit that Shane put him and his partner through. One of the great underrated forgotten spots in ECW history has got to be Brian Lee chokeslamming him off the top of the ring truck through like 2 tables in either late 96 or early 97, just a ridiculous spot that for some reason was never really shown in highlight reels or anything. I wish I knew how to make gifs, someday I may try to figure out how to do it.

Tony Mamaluke I'll always remember for that one sick bump he took on one of the ECW on TNN episodes sometime in 2000 where he tried to hit like a corkscrew plancha and hit the guard rail dead on. It was amazing that he wasn't killed or paralyzed. It was one of the last things I remembered about ECW before I stopped watching that year. Years later I was in a band in Houston and eventually found out that one of my friends in that band was into ECW back in the day, he was the only person I ever met that knew what ECW was, he was likewise shocked that I knew what it was, we talked about it for a little while, remember this, remember that. Some of the stuff we talked about was Sandman's comeback in 99, Tajiri & Whipreck & Minister being awesome, and the time that one guy flew off the top rope and hit the guard rail. Holy shit that was sick!

I really don't understand Chilly Willy's run in ECW. I remember on a podcast or something Heyman saying that if ECW never died Chilly would have been a big star. Was he maybe like ECW's attempt to have like a Rikishi style guy on the roster. He looked like a WCW Saturday Night jobber, was booked fairly strong getting rubs from Sandman and Balls, and would do goofy dances after his matches. Maybe Chilly Willy was ECW evolving and trying to be a more mainstream type of wrestling product, they changed the logo in 2000, some of the style of characters were changing into more mainstream type stuff, guys looking like Kid Rock and Emenim and stuff, the type of music they started using changed, and you started seeing guys like Chilly Willy come along. I didn't like the direction ECW was headed in the Summer of 2000. Looking back now I can understand why they were trying to head in that direction, and looking at the numbers I think it was kind actually starting to pay off for them as they were doing solid PPV buys and drawing their biggest crowds in 2000 in city's they had never been to.

Doring and Roadkill made my list. Super underrated tag team, some of the best workers in ECW there in the final years. I always liked Roadkill for the Undertaker stuff he would do in his matches, they had some funny promos, Doring had a lot of potential as a heel.

Ron Simmons Extreme Nation in the fucking house, somebody gotta book that shit in fan fic.

32. Doring & Roadkill
                      36. Pit Bull 2
                      41. The Unholy Alliance Mikey Whipreck & Yoshihiro Tajiri
                      50. Hack Myers

Edit: Didn't see that Hack Myers was in that last batch. He was my #50, he was just an ECW guy, the fact that he got over as much as he did was just one of those quirky little deals that gave ECW it's charm.
                      Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 04-16-2017, 11:37 PM.

Comment

There is something about Tommy Rich that I find to be absolutely hilarious, I don't really know why, just the little things he does when he's heckling the fans cracks me up. I only seen him wrestle a match or two so I put him on my non wrestler top 10. I fucking love the guy.

Pitbull 2 was a great bad ass in his prime in ECW. The match against Jericho is probably my favorite Jericho match in ECW. After watching through the build up to and immediate aftermath of Barely Legal a few years ago I kind a felt like they neutered him through the Shane Douglas feud. Shane just got the upper hand on him too many times and buried him in promos, Pitbull 2's comeuppances that he would get just didn't feel big enough for all the shit that Shane put him and his partner through. One of the great underrated forgotten spots in ECW history has got to be Brian Lee chokeslamming him off the top of the ring truck through like 2 tables in either late 96 or early 97, just a ridiculous spot that for some reason was never really shown in highlight reels or anything. I wish I knew how to make gifs, someday I may try to figure out how to do it.

Tony Mamaluke I'll always remember for that one sick bump he took on one of the ECW on TNN episodes sometime in 2000 where he tried to hit like a corkscrew plancha and hit the guard rail dead on. It was amazing that he wasn't killed or paralyzed. It was one of the last things I remembered about ECW before I stopped watching that year. Years later I was in a band in Houston and eventually found out that one of my friends in that band was into ECW back in the day, he was the only person I ever met that knew what ECW was, he was likewise shocked that I knew what it was, we talked about it for a little while, remember this, remember that. Some of the stuff we talked about was Sandman's comeback in 99, Tajiri & Whipreck & Minister being awesome, and the time that one guy flew off the top rope and hit the guard rail. Holy shit that was sick!

I really don't understand Chilly Willy's run in ECW. I remember on a podcast or something Heyman saying that if ECW never died Chilly would have been a big star. Was he maybe like ECW's attempt to have like a Rikishi style guy on the roster. He looked like a WCW Saturday Night jobber, was booked fairly strong getting rubs from Sandman and Balls, and would do goofy dances after his matches. Maybe Chilly Willy was ECW evolving and trying to be a more mainstream type of wrestling product, they changed the logo in 2000, some of the style of characters were changing into more mainstream type stuff, guys looking like Kid Rock and Emenim and stuff, the type of music they started using changed, and you started seeing guys like Chilly Willy come along. I didn't like the direction ECW was headed in the Summer of 2000. Looking back now I can understand why they were trying to head in that direction, and looking at the numbers I think it was kind actually starting to pay off for them as they were doing solid PPV buys and drawing their biggest crowds in 2000 in city's they had never been to.

Doring and Roadkill made my list. Super underrated tag team, some of the best workers in ECW there in the final years. I always liked Roadkill for the Undertaker stuff he would do in his matches, they had some funny promos, Doring had a lot of potential as a heel.

Ron Simmons Extreme Nation in the fucking house, somebody gotta book that shit in fan fic.

32. Doring & Roadkill
                        36. Pit Bull 2
                        41. The Unholy Alliance Mikey Whipreck & Yoshihiro Tajiri
                        50. Hack Myers

Edit: Didn't see that Hack Myers was in that last batch. He was my #50, he was just an ECW guy, the fact that he got over as much as he did was just one of those quirky little deals that gave ECW it's charm.

Comment

Furnas & Lafon had a highly praised match with RVD & Sabu and later held the tag titles for a day while on loan from WWF. Don't remember much about their ECW run aside from that, though they were Baker Guys for a minute there in late 1996 WWF after wowing me at Survivor Series.

CW Anderson- Could never get into. Would probably like him more nowadays. This dull 80s throwback feuding with Dreamer in dying day ECW just had me pining for the glory days when Dreamer feuded with cool people like Raven....or even less cool people like "Prime Time" Brian Lee & Louie Spicolli.....or, god help me, even Justin f'n Credible. Yeah, I had more interest in seeing JUSTIN CREDIBLE than CW Anderson.

Jazz- So I may not have cared about CW but I cared even less about Jazz. I probably overuse the term "bathroom break wrestler" but Jazz appearances led to literal trips to the bathroom (and/or refrigerator). And maybe sometimes I'd discuss the latest Raw or predict the upcoming PPV with my cohorts instead of paying attention to Jazz matches. Didn't she feud with Jason forever?

Don Muraco- Yeah, I know next to nothing about his ECW career. Guessing he feuded with Snuka? Wasn't Tito Santana in early ECW? Maybe that feud was resurrected? Idk.

Dances With Dudley & Dudley Dudley- The early Dudleys were crap and I'm pretty sure they only existed because weirdo Raven found the concept amusing. Didn't the Original Sign Guy or some other ECW regular once bring a sign saying "Kill All Dudleys?" If they didn't, they definitely should have. My cousin, best friend Rick, and I thought the name Dances With Dudley was hilarious. Like we would just randomly blurt out DANCES WITH DUDLEY and laugh and laugh and laugh. And it became even funnier to Rick & I when my cousin shortened DWD's name to simply "Dances With." I'm pretty sure he got a small push in our ECW action figure league (we had an action figure league for practically every promotion at one time or another) just because we were amused by his name. As for Dudley Dudley, I doubt I could pick this jabroni out of a police lineup.....filled with nothing but Dudleys. He lacked even the amusing name of Dances With. Doubt he would make my ECW Top 300 but I suppose it's cool that he at least finished higher than Snot Dudley (There was a Snot Dudley, right?)

Nova & Blue Meanie- #44 &#45 on my list and I'm genuinely gutted they didn't crack the Top 50. Shameful. Do better, PW. They were BWO fer cryin' out loud! Their tag team was underrated and fun. They even had some cool double team moves! Nova's workrate babyface team with Chetti was perfectly acceptable. Like they were no better or worse than Doring & Roadkill. Plus I totally bought into his inNOVAtor (hur hur) of offense shtick. Meanie was a cult favorite who actually made it to WWF! Think about that for a second. This fat comedy oaf making it to WWF is perhaps the ultimate sign of ECW's influence. He likely never even works a dark match or gets syndicated show jobber duty without ECW's growing popularity. Plus he had one of the greatest fat guy moonsaults~! A real thing of beauty it was. And, yeah, Dances With Dudley was a funny name to Rick, Jack & I, but it had nothing on the Blue Meanie. NOTHING! Like I legit laughed so hard I cried the first time I read about a wrestler called the Blue Meanie in an Apter Mag. He naturally got a huge push in the action figure league. So immediate was his action figure league push that this fat tub of lard was little Bobby Heenan's figure (due to Heenan wearing a blue jacket). I had no idea Meanie was a 300+ pounder. I didn't care. His name is the Blue Meanie! That's hilarious. PUSH HIM!

Bubba Ray & D-Von Dudley- Will obviously finish higher as a team but I'll focus on their single careers in this post. Bubba has been my Dudley of choice since November To Remember 1996 (solo 3D for the win. That one man 3D blew my mind even two years later when I first saw it) but his early stuttering babyface shtick was Wrestlecrap. D-Von was my Dudley of choice in their early days. He got huge heat for a low card rookie heel, delivered some sick chairshots, and played the bully jerk character well.

Ranking the Dudleys

Bubba Ray
                          D-Von
                          Spike (never really been a fan but longevity & sick bumps have to count for something)
                          Big Dick
                          Sign Guy
                          Dances With
                          Dudley Bradford
                          Dudley Moore
                          Dudley from Harry Potter

Dudley Dudley, Chubby Dudley & Snot Dudley (assuming Snot Dudley is real, which he may or may not be)

*Top 50 begins tomorrow.....hopefully. Will slow down to about 5 a day and add pics.

Comment

Furnas & Lafon had a highly praised match with RVD & Sabu and later held the tag titles for a day while on loan from WWF. Don't remember much about their ECW run aside from that, though they were Baker Guys for a minute there in late 1996 WWF after wowing me at Survivor Series.

CW Anderson- Could never get into. Would probably like him more nowadays. This dull 80s throwback feuding with Dreamer in dying day ECW just had me pining for the glory days when Dreamer feuded with cool people like Raven....or even less cool people like "Prime Time" Brian Lee & Louie Spicolli.....or, god help me, even Justin f'n Credible. Yeah, I had more interest in seeing JUSTIN CREDIBLE than CW Anderson.

Jazz- So I may not have cared about CW but I cared even less about Jazz. I probably overuse the term "bathroom break wrestler" but Jazz appearances led to literal trips to the bathroom (and/or refrigerator). And maybe sometimes I'd discuss the latest Raw or predict the upcoming PPV with my cohorts instead of paying attention to Jazz matches. Didn't she feud with Jason forever?

Don Muraco- Yeah, I know next to nothing about his ECW career. Guessing he feuded with Snuka? Wasn't Tito Santana in early ECW? Maybe that feud was resurrected? Idk.

Dances With Dudley & Dudley Dudley- The early Dudleys were crap and I'm pretty sure they only existed because weirdo Raven found the concept amusing. Didn't the Original Sign Guy or some other ECW regular once bring a sign saying "Kill All Dudleys?" If they didn't, they definitely should have. My cousin, best friend Rick, and I thought the name Dances With Dudley was hilarious. Like we would just randomly blurt out DANCES WITH DUDLEY and laugh and laugh and laugh. And it became even funnier to Rick & I when my cousin shortened DWD's name to simply "Dances With." I'm pretty sure he got a small push in our ECW action figure league (we had an action figure league for practically every promotion at one time or another) just because we were amused by his name. As for Dudley Dudley, I doubt I could pick this jabroni out of a police lineup.....filled with nothing but Dudleys. He lacked even the amusing name of Dances With. Doubt he would make my ECW Top 300 but I suppose it's cool that he at least finished higher than Snot Dudley (There was a Snot Dudley, right?)

Nova & Blue Meanie- #44 &#45 on my list and I'm genuinely gutted they didn't crack the Top 50. Shameful. Do better, PW. They were BWO fer cryin' out loud! Their tag team was underrated and fun. They even had some cool double team moves! Nova's workrate babyface team with Chetti was perfectly acceptable. Like they were no better or worse than Doring & Roadkill. Plus I totally bought into his inNOVAtor (hur hur) of offense shtick. Meanie was a cult favorite who actually made it to WWF! Think about that for a second. This fat comedy oaf making it to WWF is perhaps the ultimate sign of ECW's influence. He likely never even works a dark match or gets syndicated show jobber duty without ECW's growing popularity. Plus he had one of the greatest fat guy moonsaults~! A real thing of beauty it was. And, yeah, Dances With Dudley was a funny name to Rick, Jack & I, but it had nothing on the Blue Meanie. NOTHING! Like I legit laughed so hard I cried the first time I read about a wrestler called the Blue Meanie in an Apter Mag. He naturally got a huge push in the action figure league. So immediate was his action figure league push that this fat tub of lard was little Bobby Heenan's figure (due to Heenan wearing a blue jacket). I had no idea Meanie was a 300+ pounder. I didn't care. His name is the Blue Meanie! That's hilarious. PUSH HIM!

Bubba Ray & D-Von Dudley- Will obviously finish higher as a team but I'll focus on their single careers in this post. Bubba has been my Dudley of choice since November To Remember 1996 (solo 3D for the win. That one man 3D blew my mind even two years later when I first saw it) but his early stuttering babyface shtick was Wrestlecrap. D-Von was my Dudley of choice in their early days. He got huge heat for a low card rookie heel, delivered some sick chairshots, and played the bully jerk character well.

Ranking the Dudleys

Bubba Ray
                            D-Von
                            Spike (never really been a fan but longevity & sick bumps have to count for something)
                            Big Dick
                            Sign Guy
                            Dances With
                            Dudley Bradford
                            Dudley Moore
                            Dudley from Harry Potter

Dudley Dudley, Chubby Dudley & Snot Dudley (assuming Snot Dudley is real, which he may or may not be)

*Top 50 begins tomorrow.....hopefully. Will slow down to about 5 a day and add pics.

Comment

D'oh! I forgot Eddie Gilbert. He should be #54 with 3 Votes- 43 Points. Will edit everything tomorrow.

Eddie Gilbert- #43 on my list and my sole representative of early ECW. I'm a little surprised he didn't crack the Top 50. Truth be told I haven't seen much of Gilbert's ECW run but I know he rules due to seeing him in a bunch of other places. Gilbert was THE guy in early ECW and he introduced a gentleman you may have heard of by the name of Paul Heyman to the company. Early ECW fans, already being smarky smartasses, called the fledgling promotion Eddie's Championship Wrestling. Plus Gilbert once paraded around the streets of Philadelphia wearing a King outfit like he was George Costanza in that one episode of Seinfeld and if that isn't Top 50 worthy I don't know what is.

Badd Company- Forgot to mention them earlier. Not familiar with their ECW work but they were a good heel team elsewhere with some sweet double team moves and Tanaka was a hell of a bumper.

Comment

D'oh! I forgot Eddie Gilbert. He should be #54 with 3 Votes- 43 Points. Will edit everything tomorrow.

Eddie Gilbert- #43 on my list and my sole representative of early ECW. I'm a little surprised he didn't crack the Top 50. Truth be told I haven't seen much of Gilbert's ECW run but I know he rules due to seeing him in a bunch of other places. Gilbert was THE guy in early ECW and he introduced a gentleman you may have heard of by the name of Paul Heyman to the company. Early ECW fans, already being smarky smartasses, called the fledgling promotion Eddie's Championship Wrestling. Plus Gilbert once paraded around the streets of Philadelphia wearing a King outfit like he was George Costanza in that one episode of Seinfeld and if that isn't Top 50 worthy I don't know what is.

Badd Company- Forgot to mention them earlier. Not familiar with their ECW work but they were a good heel team elsewhere with some sweet double team moves and Tanaka was a hell of a bumper.

Comment

Working...
                                X