WCW Worldwide 2000: The Forgotten Show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCW Worldwide 2000: The Forgotten Show

I decided to look at WCW Worldwide circa 2000, which throughout the year has some interesting matches. This is part one of the series. It's oddly fun to watch forgotten matches, and they're actually...entertaining.. for the most part. I hope you guys/gals find the series to be entertaining.

There will be several parts and will be contained to one thread here. Thanks! Feedback and suggestions are welcomed!

https://wrestlingrecaps.com/2017/03/...show-part-one/

Re: WCW Worldwide 2000: The Forgotten Show

Something about those WCW c shows appeals to me and I don't really know why, always had a thing for WCW Saturday Night. I have the full 1998 set of Nitros, Thunders, Saturday Nights, and PPV's, I'll pop in a random episode of Saturday Night in every once in a while. Also used to dig Worldwide around 98, I'd like to pick up that set on DVD just to complete the collection. I didn't know that show was still running in 2000. It used to come on Saturday night at like midnight here where I live, I think it was just 30 minutes, you'd get like 1 or 2 matches with a bunch of recaps of Thunder and Nitro. It's cool that you are posting these, I'll check them out.

Comment

Something about those WCW c shows appeals to me and I don't really know why, always had a thing for WCW Saturday Night. I have the full 1998 set of Nitros, Thunders, Saturday Nights, and PPV's, I'll pop in a random episode of Saturday Night in every once in a while. Also used to dig Worldwide around 98, I'd like to pick up that set on DVD just to complete the collection. I didn't know that show was still running in 2000. It used to come on Saturday night at like midnight here where I live, I think it was just 30 minutes, you'd get like 1 or 2 matches with a bunch of recaps of Thunder and Nitro. It's cool that you are posting these, I'll check them out.

Comment

From what I've seen of it, Worldwide in 2000 was a pretty good show. Both Scott Hudson and Mike Tenay do a good job recapping the past weeks Nitro and Thunder, and both had fun with it. While he was kind of misused in TNA, Tenay was a pretty knowledgeable guy about wrestling, and could be great on commentary.

Hudson was also pretty underrated in his abilities to call matches. He gave a pretty good presence on GWF's commentary as well. I remember hearing a shoot interview from him about having a tryout with WWE, and that Vince wanted to hire him, but Hudson had to turn down the offer, as it would have required him moving from Atlanta to Stamford, and taking a pay cut from his job he had (a job he was working regularly while still working for WCW).

Like Nobi, I always enjoyed the C shows from WCW, sometimes more than Nitro or Thunder of that week. They would show talent from the Power Plant and some indie guys as well, which was fun. It especially worked in WCW, where they would emphasize the sport aspects of wrestling, so it was a show that wasn't going to focus on storylines all the time, but rather show it of like a sport, which was refreshing.

Comment

From what I've seen of it, Worldwide in 2000 was a pretty good show. Both Scott Hudson and Mike Tenay do a good job recapping the past weeks Nitro and Thunder, and both had fun with it. While he was kind of misused in TNA, Tenay was a pretty knowledgeable guy about wrestling, and could be great on commentary.

Hudson was also pretty underrated in his abilities to call matches. He gave a pretty good presence on GWF's commentary as well. I remember hearing a shoot interview from him about having a tryout with WWE, and that Vince wanted to hire him, but Hudson had to turn down the offer, as it would have required him moving from Atlanta to Stamford, and taking a pay cut from his job he had (a job he was working regularly while still working for WCW).

Like Nobi, I always enjoyed the C shows from WCW, sometimes more than Nitro or Thunder of that week. They would show talent from the Power Plant and some indie guys as well, which was fun. It especially worked in WCW, where they would emphasize the sport aspects of wrestling, so it was a show that wasn't going to focus on storylines all the time, but rather show it of like a sport, which was refreshing.

Comment

Originally posted by Leper Messiah View Post

That's a main reason that I'm checking these out. I enjoy seeing the Power Plant guys and random indy guys, too. The action is actually far better than what was aired on Nitro and/or Thunder. It's just wrestling. It's a well produced show, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Leper Messiah View Post

That's a main reason that I'm checking these out. I enjoy seeing the Power Plant guys and random indy guys, too. The action is actually far better than what was aired on Nitro and/or Thunder. It's just wrestling. It's a well produced show, too.

Comment

Is this the show where Robbie Rage would wrestle? I used to fucking love me some Robbie Rage. He was the inspiration for lots of my early CAWs in WM2000.
                : 04/02/11}:forever&always
                ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
                http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=121686

Comment

Is this the show where Robbie Rage would wrestle? I used to fucking love me some Robbie Rage. He was the inspiration for lots of my early CAWs in WM2000.
                  : 04/02/11}:forever&always
                  ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
                  http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=121686

Comment

Jimmy Hart booked WCW Saturday Night and did a good job overall.
                    Austin Aries> CM Punk

Comment

Jimmy Hart booked WCW Saturday Night and did a good job overall.
                      Austin Aries> CM Punk

Comment

Originally posted by PI View Post
                        Robbie Rage does compete. He's not on my list of matches, but what the hell, I can add him on.

Comment

Originally posted by PI View Post
                          Robbie Rage does compete. He's not on my list of matches, but what the hell, I can add him on.

Comment

The fun continues with part two.

https://wrestlingrecaps.com/2017/03/...show-part-two/

Comment

The fun continues with part two.

https://wrestlingrecaps.com/2017/03/...show-part-two/

Comment

Working...
                              X