I hate Shawn Michaels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate Shawn Michaels

Sorry , not sorry [MENTION=27649]The Show[/MENTION].

I was just listening to a podcast about Vader where they went fairly in depth about Shawn essentially being the bastard that he was in the 90's and costing Vader what should of been a fun run as the champion during his WWE stint and eventually getting him jobbed out. It made me angry all over again , I know the stories and I know that Shawn has "changed" for the better and pretty much has been forgiven for everything but listening to the history of that era and hearing stuff over again it just opens up wounds and makes me realize that for everything Shawn has given us over the years , he's a bastard that potentially took so much more away.

So use this thread to vent about the bastard that is Shawn Michaels , or talk about maybe aside from Hogan , is there any wrestler in history who's politics took away more from the fans?

Screw you HBK.

Re: I hate Shawn Michaels

I vented enough about Shawn in the mid to late 90's to my friends so it's hard for me to muster up that frustration after 20 years. I still think he was the lesser of three evils in the Screwjob that involved Vince and Triple H. The only other names worse when it comes to politics are Moolah, Cena and Hogan in my book. Moolah for her pimping of women and keeping her spot at all costs for 30 years, Hogan for his games with Savage, Bret and most of WCW. There is no way you can deny Cena's political pull as the top guy and keeping all that talent that is vastly superior beneath him now for over a dozen years. Plus there is the Nexus, Alex Riley, Tyler Reks and Ryback stories making the rounds. That Alex Riley story is the most frustrating, he had so much potential.

Comment

I vented enough about Shawn in the mid to late 90's to my friends so it's hard for me to muster up that frustration after 20 years. I still think he was the lesser of three evils in the Screwjob that involved Vince and Triple H. The only other names worse when it comes to politics are Moolah, Cena and Hogan in my book. Moolah for her pimping of women and keeping her spot at all costs for 30 years, Hogan for his games with Savage, Bret and most of WCW. There is no way you can deny Cena's political pull as the top guy and keeping all that talent that is vastly superior beneath him now for over a dozen years. Plus there is the Nexus, Alex Riley, Tyler Reks and Ryback stories making the rounds. That Alex Riley story is the most frustrating, he had so much potential.

Comment

Originally posted by The Icon View Post
        Alex Riley and Vader aren't even in the same galaxy when talking about what could of been if not for dickish backstage practices. None of those guys really were.

Vader was already a star and someone who could of really added something to the title scene in the WWF at the time , and that Summerslam match that I went back and rewatched this morning was some of the most unprofessional shit I can remember seeing inside a ring.

I've talked about Shawn a lot too , but I still learn more things and remember things that his bullshit caused during his run in the WWF. Damn him and damn the WWF at the time for putting up with it and giving in.

Comment

Alex Riley and Vader aren't even in the same galaxy when talking about what could of been if not for dickish backstage practices. None of those guys really were.

Vader was already a star and someone who could of really added something to the title scene in the WWF at the time , and that Summerslam match that I went back and rewatched this morning was some of the most unprofessional shit I can remember seeing inside a ring.

I've talked about Shawn a lot too , but I still learn more things and remember things that his bullshit caused during his run in the WWF. Damn him and damn the WWF at the time for putting up with it and giving in.

Comment

Hating 90's Shawn are being an asshole is so 10 years ago. Yawn.

All credit goes to surrender!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The Show View Post
                Well this is the history of wrestling , a history that Shawn personally had a hand in trying to destroy. I demand you defend your hero!

Think about how much cooler this section of PW could be if not for Shawn fucking everything up.

Does the good he's done outweight the stuff he took away? I would trade at least two of his WM classics for a real Vader run in the WWF.

Comment

Originally posted by The Show View Post
                  Well this is the history of wrestling , a history that Shawn personally had a hand in trying to destroy. I demand you defend your hero!

Think about how much cooler this section of PW could be if not for Shawn fucking everything up.

Does the good he's done outweight the stuff he took away? I would trade at least two of his WM classics for a real Vader run in the WWF.

Comment

I wasn't following WWF closely at the time but when I heard about Vader making the jump I had low expectations for him anyway. Vince already had all of his eggs in the Shawn basket going back to mid 1995 (going by memory of that sappy Shawn video when Owen hurt him) plus he wasn't a Vince creation. At best I figured Vader to be a stop gap during Shawn's run. He was indeed a dick though during the Summerslam match. By all accounts though other than that match according to Vader he was great to work with in the ring.

Comment

I wasn't following WWF closely at the time but when I heard about Vader making the jump I had low expectations for him anyway. Vince already had all of his eggs in the Shawn basket going back to mid 1995 (going by memory of that sappy Shawn video when Owen hurt him) plus he wasn't a Vince creation. At best I figured Vader to be a stop gap during Shawn's run. He was indeed a dick though during the Summerslam match. By all accounts though other than that match according to Vader he was great to work with in the ring.

Comment

I would've liked a Vader WWF title run as well and while Shawn did play his part in that not happening, there were other factors at play. I'm sure you listened to Bruce when he said that Vader was overweight and not compliant about losing it. Also, he was tough to deal with as well. Had Vader come in 1993 or 94, I think he would've been much more successful and motivated.

90's Shawn was an asshole and probably a terrible human being; I won't dispute that. But I'd suffice to say that every top guy in history has that paranoia history as well. Look at Hogan. Austin has the rep for being an asshole and protective of his spot. HHH goes without saying. And stories are starting to come out now about Cena. I think it just comes with the territory. None of that stuff though takes away from what entertain those guys gave me. I tend to value what I see in front my television over what happened backstage. I won't deny that coked up Shawn was the worst backstage.

Comment

I would've liked a Vader WWF title run as well and while Shawn did play his part in that not happening, there were other factors at play. I'm sure you listened to Bruce when he said that Vader was overweight and not compliant about losing it. Also, he was tough to deal with as well. Had Vader come in 1993 or 94, I think he would've been much more successful and motivated.

90's Shawn was an asshole and probably a terrible human being; I won't dispute that. But I'd suffice to say that every top guy in history has that paranoia history as well. Look at Hogan. Austin has the rep for being an asshole and protective of his spot. HHH goes without saying. And stories are starting to come out now about Cena. I think it just comes with the territory. None of that stuff though takes away from what entertain those guys gave me. I tend to value what I see in front my television over what happened backstage. I won't deny that coked up Shawn was the worst backstage.

Comment

I'm sure once Shawn got his way and Vader felt the wrath of what happens when you cross Shawn , Vader was far more compliant in just letting Shawn getting away with whatever he wanted. Apparently Vader was in tears after the Summerslam match because of the shit Shawn was threatening him with WHILE inside the ring all after kicking him in the head while he was laying prone on the mat.

Vader was in for a pretty decent push and a series of matches with Shawn where he would win the belt from him at I think Survivor Series before dropping it back , instead Sid got that push. There was also a squashed push where Vader was supposed to Main Event the IYH: IT'S TIME PPV and instead of him fighting Bret it was Sid.

Not to say Vader wasn't to take some of the blame , but Shawn really had a hand in fucking Vaders entire run up in the WWE.

Comment

I'm sure once Shawn got his way and Vader felt the wrath of what happens when you cross Shawn , Vader was far more compliant in just letting Shawn getting away with whatever he wanted. Apparently Vader was in tears after the Summerslam match because of the shit Shawn was threatening him with WHILE inside the ring all after kicking him in the head while he was laying prone on the mat.

Vader was in for a pretty decent push and a series of matches with Shawn where he would win the belt from him at I think Survivor Series before dropping it back , instead Sid got that push. There was also a squashed push where Vader was supposed to Main Event the IYH: IT'S TIME PPV and instead of him fighting Bret it was Sid.

Not to say Vader wasn't to take some of the blame , but Shawn really had a hand in fucking Vaders entire run up in the WWE.

Comment

Working...
                              X