I hate Shawn Michaels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I hate Shawn Michaels

In an aside, I'm not even sure if Shawn is my favorite anymore. My tastes have changed since then and he may have been surpassed by a few people. That's why I don't feel that compelled to defend him so much.

Still, he was in some of my favorite matches of all time. HBK/Mankind may be on the top of that list.

All credit goes to surrender!

Comment

In an aside, I'm not even sure if Shawn is my favorite anymore. My tastes have changed since then and he may have been surpassed by a few people. That's why I don't feel that compelled to defend him so much.

Still, he was in some of my favorite matches of all time. HBK/Mankind may be on the top of that list.

Comment

Originally posted by The Show View Post
        I would've liked a Vader WWF title run as well and while Shawn did play his part in that not happening, there were other factors at play. I'm sure you listened to Bruce when he said that Vader was overweight and not compliant about losing it. Also, he was tough to deal with as well. Had Vader come in 1993 or 94, I think he would've been much more successful and motivated.

90's Shawn was an asshole and probably a terrible human being; I won't dispute that. But I'd suffice to say that every top guy in history has that paranoia history as well. Look at Hogan. Austin has the rep for being an asshole and protective of his spot. HHH goes without saying. And stories are starting to come out now about Cena. I think it just comes with the territory. None of that stuff though takes away from what entertain those guys gave me. I tend to value what I see in front my television over what happened backstage. I won't deny that coked up Shawn was the worst backstage.
        Oh injuries and such played a part as well , as I just said to Icon , Vader had some to do with it as well. That doesn't mean it wasn't going to happen until Shawn got Vince's ear. Bruce also said that Shawn was the far more unproffesional of the two and a spoiled brat they refused to deal with.

I don't disagree that every top guy has a dickish quality about them either , it's what gets them to the top and allows them to stay there. I don't think many I've heard took it to the same levels as Shawn though and at least not on as many separate occasions. I don't even care about the MSJ... that's been talked about to death. I'm talking about other Shawn antics that go beyond Vader.

Part of this is obviously tongue in cheek , but Shawn really screwed up so much I wanted to see.

Comment

I would've liked a Vader WWF title run as well and while Shawn did play his part in that not happening, there were other factors at play. I'm sure you listened to Bruce when he said that Vader was overweight and not compliant about losing it. Also, he was tough to deal with as well. Had Vader come in 1993 or 94, I think he would've been much more successful and motivated.

90's Shawn was an asshole and probably a terrible human being; I won't dispute that. But I'd suffice to say that every top guy in history has that paranoia history as well. Look at Hogan. Austin has the rep for being an asshole and protective of his spot. HHH goes without saying. And stories are starting to come out now about Cena. I think it just comes with the territory. None of that stuff though takes away from what entertain those guys gave me. I tend to value what I see in front my television over what happened backstage. I won't deny that coked up Shawn was the worst backstage.
          Oh injuries and such played a part as well , as I just said to Icon , Vader had some to do with it as well. That doesn't mean it wasn't going to happen until Shawn got Vince's ear. Bruce also said that Shawn was the far more unproffesional of the two and a spoiled brat they refused to deal with.

I don't disagree that every top guy has a dickish quality about them either , it's what gets them to the top and allows them to stay there. I don't think many I've heard took it to the same levels as Shawn though and at least not on as many separate occasions. I don't even care about the MSJ... that's been talked about to death. I'm talking about other Shawn antics that go beyond Vader.

Part of this is obviously tongue in cheek , but Shawn really screwed up so much I wanted to see.

Comment

I'm the same with Bret Hart. He'll always hold a place for me in my heart , but keeps getting passed by. I find myself liking pre Main Event Bret more than Main Event Bret when I rewatch old stuff.

Anyways this is about Shawn being the worst human being ever for sabotaging a fake sport. What else is that prick responsible for ruining?

Comment

I'm the same with Bret Hart. He'll always hold a place for me in my heart , but keeps getting passed by. I find myself liking pre Main Event Bret more than Main Event Bret when I rewatch old stuff.

Anyways this is about Shawn being the worst human being ever for sabotaging a fake sport. What else is that prick responsible for ruining?

Comment

Originally posted by Untouchable View Post

Well Shawn did refuse to lose to Davey Boy in fucking England of all places. The match was for the European title and Davey was told that he was going over until like the day of the show. This was after Davey Boy dedicated the match to his dying sister. That is so sleazy.

It was a great match though and the heat at the end was unreal. You need to check that out.

Comment

Well Shawn did refuse to lose to Davey Boy in fucking England of all places. The match was for the European title and Davey was told that he was going over until like the day of the show. This was after Davey Boy dedicated the match to his dying sister. That is so sleazy.

It was a great match though and the heat at the end was unreal. You need to check that out.

Comment

I vaguely remember that. I don't remember if it was from watching , reading or listening about it. That is the epitome of sleazy though , at least Davey had something on his side to prevent what eventually happened to Vader.

I hope Bruce and Conrad eventually do a Shawn podcast though where they cover everything Shawn has done. It should be a two parter of both the good and the bad.

Comment

I vaguely remember that. I don't remember if it was from watching , reading or listening about it. That is the epitome of sleazy though , at least Davey had something on his side to prevent what eventually happened to Vader.

I hope Bruce and Conrad eventually do a Shawn podcast though where they cover everything Shawn has done. It should be a two parter of both the good and the bad.

Comment

What else is that prick responsible for ruining?
                        The WWF careers of....

Jean Pierre Lafitte
                        Dean Douglas
                        Skip
                        Bam Bam Bigelow
                        Vader

And arguably....

Adam Bomb
                        Bret Hart
                        Davey Boy Smith
                        Owen Hart

And that's just off the top of my head.

As much as I hated mid-late 90s Shawn, and he was the worst, his 2000s run went a long way toward redeeming him in my eyes.

Comment

What else is that prick responsible for ruining?
                          The WWF careers of....

Jean Pierre Lafitte
                          Dean Douglas
                          Skip
                          Bam Bam Bigelow
                          Vader

And arguably....

Adam Bomb
                          Bret Hart
                          Davey Boy Smith
                          Owen Hart

And that's just off the top of my head.

As much as I hated mid-late 90s Shawn, and he was the worst, his 2000s run went a long way toward redeeming him in my eyes.

Comment

The premise of this thread is solid. However, Shawn did so much to rehabilitate his image in later years that I don't think he's worth hating as much as some others would be.

He had a hand in grooming one of the greatest wrestlers of the modern era in Bryan Danielson, put plenty of people over, and kept himself out of the title hunt as much as he could until WWE would force it upon him occasionally.

Also, he gave an in-ring middle finger to one of the few guys I'd say is even more of a poisonous politician in Hulk Hogan. He's also kept to his retirement and stayed out of in-ring action, and doesn't continually tease and tweet about coming back.

I would say Shawn has SOMEWHAT redeemed himself.
                            Last edited by Djm; 02-10-2017, 03:12 PM.
                            Originally posted by mx518
                            he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
                            No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
                            NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

The premise of this thread is solid. However, Shawn did so much to rehabilitate his image in later years that I don't think he's worth hating as much as some others would be.

He had a hand in grooming one of the greatest wrestlers of the modern era in Bryan Danielson, put plenty of people over, and kept himself out of the title hunt as much as he could until WWE would force it upon him occasionally.

Also, he gave an in-ring middle finger to one of the few guys I'd say is even more of a poisonous politician in Hulk Hogan. He's also kept to his retirement and stayed out of in-ring action, and doesn't continually tease and tweet about coming back.

he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
                              No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
                              NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

Originally posted by Djm View Post

He had a hand in grooming one of the greatest wrestlers of the modern era in Bryan Danielson, put plenty of people over, and kept himself out of the title hunt as much as he could until WWE would force it upon in occasionally.

This is best post you've ever had. Kudos.

Comment

Working...
                                X