X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Inside The Magazine

Inside The Magazine Volume #8: Pro Wrestling Illustrated May '96

https://wrestlingrecaps.com/2016/12/...-8-pwi-may-96/

Giant goes to Japan, Ric Flair demands an apology, Goldust has gone too far, Dan Severn is interviewed for Press Conference, the Raven/Dreamer feud is going to kill them and much more.

Comment

Originally posted by WrestlingRecap View Post

Giant goes to Japan, Ric Flair demands an apology, Goldust has gone too far, Dan Severn is interviewed for Press Conference, the Raven/Dreamer feud is going to kill them and much more.
      That issue was my skeleton key to ECW and All Japan. Seeing pictures of a bloody Tommy Dreamer in the ad for the ECW Hardcore Hotline and Sabu moonsaulting some poor sap through a table got me hooked. I had forgotten that this issue also informed me that Steve Austin arrived in the WWF, at the time Austin leaving WCW hardly made waves so I had forgotten about him by the end of 1995. Great nostalgia as always keep them coming!

Comment

Originally posted by WrestlingRecap View Post

That issue was my skeleton key to ECW and All Japan. Seeing pictures of a bloody Tommy Dreamer in the ad for the ECW Hardcore Hotline and Sabu moonsaulting some poor sap through a table got me hooked. I had forgotten that this issue also informed me that Steve Austin arrived in the WWF, at the time Austin leaving WCW hardly made waves so I had forgotten about him by the end of 1995. Great nostalgia as always keep them coming!

Comment

Severn doesn’t understand why people try to separate pro wrestling from UFC as he sees them being as very similar. Severn hasn’t heard anyone tell him he can’t be NWA Champion and compete in UFC. In fact, he only ever hears that in the PWI magazine. He recalls defending the championship in Japan and follows the guidelines the NWA has. Severn doesn’t understand why UFC would be banned or compared to cockfighting since in cockfighting it involves animals that are not wanting to compete and there is likely death involved. He’s never heard of anyone dying in a UFC cage and has witnessed worse injuries in football, boxing and professional wrestling. UFC is all out for a shorter period of time while in wrestling you have to pace yourself for a longer battle. Severn believes he could still compete in UFC despite a full-time wrestling career because it’s in his blood and needs to compete since he’s a former champion. He also notes that he had discussions to appear at the Royal Rumble, but talks fell through. He looks forward to competing against Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart in the WWF.
          How fucking awesome. Severn was the man.

Another great flashback. Good stuff man.

Comment

Severn doesn’t understand why people try to separate pro wrestling from UFC as he sees them being as very similar. Severn hasn’t heard anyone tell him he can’t be NWA Champion and compete in UFC. In fact, he only ever hears that in the PWI magazine. He recalls defending the championship in Japan and follows the guidelines the NWA has. Severn doesn’t understand why UFC would be banned or compared to cockfighting since in cockfighting it involves animals that are not wanting to compete and there is likely death involved. He’s never heard of anyone dying in a UFC cage and has witnessed worse injuries in football, boxing and professional wrestling. UFC is all out for a shorter period of time while in wrestling you have to pace yourself for a longer battle. Severn believes he could still compete in UFC despite a full-time wrestling career because it’s in his blood and needs to compete since he’s a former champion. He also notes that he had discussions to appear at the Royal Rumble, but talks fell through. He looks forward to competing against Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart in the WWF.
            How fucking awesome. Severn was the man.

Another great flashback. Good stuff man.

Comment

Inside The Magazine Volume #9: The Wrestler June '97

https://wrestlingrecaps.com/2017/01/...stler-june-97/

Comment

Inside The Magazine Volume #9: The Wrestler June '97

https://wrestlingrecaps.com/2017/01/...stler-june-97/

Comment

I remember that mag with the Goldust cover well. Either had it or spent a lot of time reading it in the grocery store. The big Apter Mag talking point at the time was Dustin IZ ROONIN HIZ LAYGACY! by being Goldust whereas I thought it was awesome and career-making. Looks like I won that battle in the end.

That edition of The Wrestler doesn't jog any memories, though I'm sure I browsed through it in the grocery store as was my style at the time.

Comment

I remember that mag with the Goldust cover well. Either had it or spent a lot of time reading it in the grocery store. The big Apter Mag talking point at the time was Dustin IZ ROONIN HIZ LAYGACY! by being Goldust whereas I thought it was awesome and career-making. Looks like I won that battle in the end.

That edition of The Wrestler doesn't jog any memories, though I'm sure I browsed through it in the grocery store as was my style at the time.

Comment

Inside The Magazine Volume #10: WWF Magazine November '91. The following topics are highlighted...

- Jake Roberts ruining the marriage of Randy Savage & Elizabeth at SummerSlam
                      - Sid Justice is just a mild mannered man from Arkansas who works hard.
                      - Big Bossman shares his thoughts on IRS
                      - Ric Flair being the real worlds champion
                      - Sgt. Slaughter's career being in limbo now that he has distanced himself from Col. Mustafa and Gen. Adnan

Plus, there's more. Check out the whole magazine at the following link https://wrestlingrecaps.com/2017/01/...e-november-91/

Comment

Inside The Magazine Volume #10: WWF Magazine November '91. The following topics are highlighted...

- Jake Roberts ruining the marriage of Randy Savage & Elizabeth at SummerSlam
                        - Sid Justice is just a mild mannered man from Arkansas who works hard.
                        - Big Bossman shares his thoughts on IRS
                        - Ric Flair being the real worlds champion
                        - Sgt. Slaughter's career being in limbo now that he has distanced himself from Col. Mustafa and Gen. Adnan

Plus, there's more. Check out the whole magazine at the following link https://wrestlingrecaps.com/2017/01/...e-november-91/

Comment

Inside The Magazine Volume #11: The Wrestler December '97. Features the top ten of WWF taking on the top ten of WCW. Eddy Guerrero breaking the family apart with his recent actions, Q&A with Brian Christopher, Taz helps out John Kronus plus much more.

https://wrestlingrecaps.com/2017/02/...r-december-97/

Comment

Inside The Magazine Volume #11: The Wrestler December '97. Features the top ten of WWF taking on the top ten of WCW. Eddy Guerrero breaking the family apart with his recent actions, Q&A with Brian Christopher, Taz helps out John Kronus plus much more.

https://wrestlingrecaps.com/2017/02/...r-december-97/

Comment

That's a quality mag. So much was going on in the world of wrestling! Always enjoyed the WWF vs. WCW fantasy booking articles. Oddly enough I do not remember that cover. Sure I browsed through it though.

Comment

That's a quality mag. So much was going on in the world of wrestling! Always enjoyed the WWF vs. WCW fantasy booking articles. Oddly enough I do not remember that cover. Sure I browsed through it though.

Comment

Working...
                                X