Announcement

Collapse

Fan Fiction Rules & Guidelines

THE RULES & GUIDELINES OF FAN FICTION

-There will be no flaming (insulting), spamming (making stupid, inane posts) and flame-baiting (luring someone into flaming you).

-You can't use deceased wrestlers. The only exception to this rule is if you're doing a federation that takes place in the 80s or something similar.

-Keep everything regarding your federation in one thread.

-There are three places where you can advertise a federation: in the thread of that federation, in your signature and in the Fed Thread. Nowhere else, if we find any advertising elsewhere, you will receive a warning for SPAM.

-Don't expect to get reviews from other people if you don't give reviews yourself. If you don't want any feedback to your shows, fine.

-Don't give feedback in the middle of a show. Posting in the middle of a show will result in deletion of your post and a warning for spam.

-You are not expected to leave a full on review of the show (though you can if you like). All you are required to do is to write a few comments with some substance behind them. This in no way shape or form means you can post one line reviews, they will be deleted and warned. So don’t post something like "Wow, great show! 9/10!".

-Even though it is creative writing, due to board rules we cannot allow racial and/or homophobic slurs/insults/etc. in your feds. This type of language will be warned immediately. And please note - racism is an automatic ban.

-Don't get mad when someone rips your show to pieces. Use the criticism in a positive way and use it to increase the quality of your federation. When someone insults you instead of giving good feedback, report that post to the Moderators.

-Don't bump your thread to the top if you've written nothing new in days. It just pushes other threads that are active down.

-If you're going to write a federation, put some effort in it. Stuff with horrendous grammar and spelling and no punctuation will be deleted. So will posts that only have ten or so sentences. They are regarded as spam. If you don't put effort into writing, don't even bother.

-If you're tired of your current federation and want to start a new one or return to an older federation, your current one must have at least four regular shows and a Pay-Per-View. This is done to prevent threads that have one or two posts in it. If you don't follow this rule, you'll be forbidden to start a new federation or return to an old federation for two weeks. If you make a fed within two weeks of the first one closing or return to an old fed, will we lock your thread, and it will not be opened for ANOTHER two weeks. For example, if you leave your thread on the 1st of the month and then make another one on the 10th, we will lock your new thread until the 24th. Two weeks from the opening of your new thread, remember that folks! For those whos fed follow the 'DVD Format' your fed must have contained at least four chapters in order to bypass the two week rule.

- Posters are now allowed a second fed, providing they have proven their commitment to their first fed. Permission to start a second fed will be granted from the moderating team. We will not consider anyone whose fed has not lasted at least two pay-per-views, however, this does not guarantee we will say yes.

- Two feds at a time Max.

- If you have two running at the same time, both must be updated a minimum of every 30 days. If this is not maintained without valid reason, one will be closed (poster's choice as to which is closed).

- If you abandon a fed/fed gets closed/etc., then you must wait until gaining permission again to start another second fed.

-You can also have one additional non-Fed related story in addition to your federation. This non-Fed has a two week rule, meaning you wait two weeks from the last post to post a new one.

-You do not need to contact WMS or RT to close a thread for you if you're moving on to a new project. Just let it drop to the bottom. We will also no longer be cleaning old threads for you -- start a new thread. Also, we do NOT delete threads. We keep them around for historical value.

-Spotlight of the Month: this is currently decided by the Power 10 Rankings. The winner is given the dubious honor of being the Spotlight of the Month. That Fed will be stickied for the entire month with the added extension “Spotlight of the Month” added to the end of their Fed Title.

-No more "I'll be starting a fed soon" or "more to come soon". Start your fed with substance or it will be deleted. And then you’ll have to wait two weeks to start another one.

-Plagiarizing is a serious offence and anyone caught doing so will be banned without warning.

-Multi-Participation Threads are banned for the time being, they descend into chaos too quick and quite frankly too much time is spent modding them.

-DO NOT post reviews of reviews, arguing with every person who reviews you. If you would like, after a substantial period of time, to reply to all reviews together, fine. Mindless bumps will not be accepted.

-Please note that all your shows and PPVs must take place in your thread not on a website elsewhere. Everybody else can write it here, so can you.

- The 20 Questions thread is a Question and Answer interview-like thread for the members of Fan Fiction. The “next” person to participate in the thread is chosen by the current person being interviewed. Please do not post asking to be next. The person before you makes that decision.

- Please do not post "get on AIM/MSN/Yahoo." If you want them to do so, send them a Private Message or Rep asking so. There is no need to waste a post doing so.

- General Discussion is banned from Fan Fiction. It was great while it lasted, but it was abused too many times.

-NO EROTIC LITERATURE!

Finally, a harsh reality for people: WMS and RT are the last word on a subject in FF. If we ask you, or tell you, to do something, it isn't a debate. At least not on the forum. If you have a problem, IM or PM one of us, and we will gladly sort it out.

Thank you.
The Fan Fiction Moderating Team,
WMS & RT
See more
See less

NWA Resurrection

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NWA Resurrection

System's Semantics

Fistful Of Matches

- if this isn't as awesome as these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fistful_of_Aliens
    I'll be pissed
    - Not a fan of the intro music, seems weird to kick of a show, though you did an excellent intro
    for the event and getting across the atmosphere of the arena.
    - This match was a great opener, a solid spotfest (not a bad thing) to get the crowd on it's feet,
    though the hurricanrana to pin part before the finish doesn't seem plausible.
    - The finisher videos are a nice touch, but there's people IN FF that don't know what a German suplex is?
    - While the old school/new school has been done to death, i can't complain in a thread titled
    "NWA" resurrection and you wrote Aries and Shelley very well.
    - Your description of the entrances are a nice tough, definitely descriptive enough,
    especially considering I normally gloss over them so I can read the actual match.
    - Kofi too exhausted to make a pin in the early going? He needs to do more cardio
    - I think you could have put some of the finish segment into the summary section,
    but that's really irrelevant and this was a decent tag team match.
    - Daniels and Briscoe was good, nothing bad to say.
    - Candice Michelle feels so out of place in this fed, especially when there's no pictures.
    Not that it matters too much who your standard stick person is.
    - John Morrison's part sounded woeful..so you've got Morrison down pat.
    - The Three Stage challenge is an awesome concept and you've done a good job explaining how the process works.
    - Signature moves in the start of the match?
    - A Musclebuster is delightful? Odd choice of words.
    - Someone needs to come up with a good way of writing pinfalls in Fan Fic, with the slight disadvantage of knowing
    the match continues with the text beneath
    - Match was decent but the Londrick segment was something else! You are definitely familiar with writing these two,
    So can't wait to see where you are going with this. Probably one of the coolest things I've read in Fan Fic in recent memory.
    - educated feet maybe? you don't educate your kicks, you improve your lower co-ordination
    - Regardless Low Ki is impressive so far in this match up, and good to see that you made a point of Strong selling.
    - Well that finished ruined an otherwise great match. Ki destroys's Low Ki's legs and then makes him submit to
    a head/back move? I can understand that Low Ki may not have a "finish" move for legs, but I could believe him using
    a leg submission he wasn't know for as a finish..this isn't WWE.
    - The split screen is such a simple yet effective idea to get the constrasts over.
    - Shelley too slippery? cut down on the baby oil...
    - Finish segments could be much shorter, considering this is meant to be a summary match, so I'd put much more of the bulk of the
    match in the summar part. The finish spots of matches aren't generally very long, even in big matches.
    - The Cradle Piledriver is such an awesome move. Good match.
    - See above about the finish segments, seems counter productive as you want to make the summary segment's easy
    for casual readers..who may just want to quickly look how the match ended and who went over..and get paragraphs.
    - It's a credit to your writing that you can make Drew Mcyintre a serious Main event contender, I honestly don't
    see what Vince saw in him.
    - Unique submission = stuff it,can't remember what this move is called
    - I've never seen a snap suplex that looked all that powerful..considering it's a quick and low bump.
    - Powerbomb counter was cool.
    - Double Down segment definitely added to the match up, can definitely feel that the match was getting intense
    and taking it's toll.
    - I wouldn't have hated that Michaels/JBL segment if McYintre was going to win when the ref woke up, seemed
    pointless that Styles still kicked out anyway. Still I would love to a see JBl/Styles match. JBL was
    such an underrated gimmick. His Title reign was my favourite title reign ever..so you can imagine how happy
    I was after WM21
    - AJ gets the big title win and beats the odd's, fine with me and I can see where you were going
    with the Michaels/JBL exchange so I can't say it ruined the match.

Overall:

Show was great, I'd prefer if you made the "finish" segments just contain the moments just before the final
    pin/submission but that's not a big deal. One or two confusing choice of words or use of big moves in the early going
    but nothing that I found boring or pointless. Your match writing is superb, and you definitely are focused on
    what you intend to do with your roster. Fantastic work.

Comment

The Cool Review

Here’s a review for you, WMS, looking forward to reading it. The first match is Steamboat and Dragon Kid. I’ve only watched one Dragon Kid match (he was awesome, I need to catch more of him.) and I have never seen Steamboat wrestle, but you’re pushing him big time, I don’t think he’s lost yet in your fed so he must have some talent with the talented roster you have. Steamboat wins with something other than a small package, I like it. I’m not a fan of winning matches consistently with a small package. He can win matches with it, but just not all the time which you have seem to have had him doing. --- I think I’ve already told you that I love Aries and Shelley and I really do, two great characters. Hope they win tonight against two less interesting characters in Morrison and Lynn.

Marafuji and KENTA beat Kingston and Bourne as I thought, KENTA and Marafuji are big stars in Japan (or they were when I was last checking a lot of Indy stuff.) so didn’t expect them to lose, it also makes it 1-1 which gives the final match relevance. --- Mark Briscoe beats Daniels, didn’t expect them. Thought that because Daniels was the bigger singles star you may have game him the victory here, guess this means Jay will lose instead. --- Lynn and Morrison’s promo was okay, nothing special. I fully expect you to give Aries and Shelley the victory. --- Wow, Jay Briscoe beats Jimmy Jacobs as well, which means they win 2-0 and don’t need a rubber match. I’m quite shocked at that, but not disappointed. I love myself some Briscoes so glad you’re making them look awesome. London & Kendrick beat them down afterwards, I have a feeling already that I’m going to love this feud. --- Low Ki and Roderick Strong I bet was stiff, what a match that would have been. Low Ki makes Strong tap, which I guess is okay, I’d of rather him pinned to make him look stronger. The Japanese win though, which I thought they would since they lost at the last pay per view. You couldn’t really have the NWA winning again as it would have made the Japanese look a lot weaker in comparison.

Oh man, you gave Lynn and Morrison the win. I’ll let you off because I guess it makes sense so that the feud can advance. Shelley and Aries better get the best of this before the feud comes to an end though, else it’ll kill them in my eyes. Aries and Shelley arguing after the match, wonder where that is going. --- STYLES WINS! Shocked that you already have taken off of Galloway, but I for one am glad. I really don’t see the big deal in him and don’t see why a lot of people push him, don’t see it in him at all. Love that Styles won the title.

All in all, I really like the way you written the show. I actually liked that it was quite short and not full matches because I’m not one for reading to many full matches anyway. This was a very good PPV, keep up the good work, man.
      Thanks too Fresh Prince

Comment

My friend Dub. It's time to review A Fistful of Matches man. I took the time to go over your past couple of shows before reviewing this to be up to date on JBL/HBK so far.

First of all Houston is the Philly of the south. I've lived all over Texas, and went to a shitload of concerts all over the state, and the craziest crowds were always in Houston by far. Always the same group of people at each show. It got to the point where I knew a lot of guys by name just from going to shows during my senior year of high school in the city(the one year I lived in Houston, I grew up around the city though). Excellent town, with a lot in common with Philadelphia as far as the attitude of the people. If another wrestling promotion were to center itself in one city the way ECW did in Philly, they should do it in Houston.

Awesome banner with HBK & JBL! Just screams Texas. +1

Richie Steamboat fits right in with this setting/atmosphere. Not sure who Dragon Kid is really. I know, I should have looked this stuff up by now, but I promise it is on my list of things to do.

Excellent opening paragraph for this summary. You are clearly on another level of writing than most here, including myself. Second paragraph, even better. This reads like one hell of a match.

Wow. This was one hell of an opener man. Unbelievable match. So fluidly written, and easy to read. I can tell you enjoyed writing that, it showed. Streamboat is a stud. The aftermath just gives me goosebumps.

Steamboat is officially my new favorite in NWA: Resurrection, and is climbing up my list of best written characters in Fan Fic.

You have Austin Aeries nailed, but I'm not sure about Shelley. Still haven't seen much of this guy on the mike.

Jim Ross. How can you not love this fed? Oklahoma boy fits right in.

You have such an inviting writing style. I don't really know what I mean by that, but inviting is the first word that comes to mind when I try to describe your writing style. Going back to the earlier fed you wrote when I first came here based on Fan Fic'rs I noticed this. It just pulls you in, and it's so easy to breeze through without wanting to skip anything. This tag match is no exception.

Fear and Loathing!?! Awesome name for a show.

The Briscoes have a move called The Contra Code? I'm falling deeper and deeper in love with these guys I'm telling you.

Oh that is a cold beatdown afterwards by Londrick. Watching your brother get beat down from outside the cage is pretty wicked.

Outstanding way to set up this tag title match man. I can't wait to read this.

Please hold on while I blare 5 Minutes Alone through my speaker system at retarded volume levels.

You drew me into this Low Ki match right from the first line. Well done. Holy lord this is an awesome match. Excellent psychology, and really physical. Excellent selling with Strong, and damn. I haven't even read the finish yet, and I can say this is your best work yet in my opinion.

This wasn't a fucking match, THIS WAS A FIGHT!

Hell yeah man. Matches tell stories, and this one told a great story. These are the types of matches that I really like to read. You really hit this one out of the park. I was surprised you would give the win to Japan, and I loved the aftermath as well. You did a great job in the aftermath of selling how brutal this was. Great exclamation point to one hell of a match.

This tag match was the one that I have been looking forward to the most, thanks to you involving Terry Funk in it. That got me very interested in this fued because Terry Funk is a Texas legend.

Huge red hand print on the chest. You gotta love that!

Another very well written match that was very easy to read. I got locked into this match from the start, and never lost interest.

outstanding booking. If I were in this crowd I would have went home very happy, and I'm interested in the next saga in this Aries/Shelley episode as well.

Tale of the Tape, I like that little touch.

I guess I need to watch more videos on this Drew Galloway guy. I've only really seen the little clip RT put together of him in NEW, but damn, you guys are pushing him like he's Dean Malenko or something. I guess I need to check him out.

By the way you did a tremendous job of hyping this match up to have a "Big Fight" main event feel. Well done.

The main event didn't read as well as a few of these incredible matches on the undercard, but it was still high quality.

What saved it was the incredibly EPIC finish. Outstanding man. Great title change, and a great finish that helped the match live up to it's billing.

Confetti! It just keeps getting better. This is too awesome.

Galloway is crestfallen, sitting dejectedly on the outside.
        Nice.

Well, I don't see how the hell I can't give this a 10. This fed has turned into something really special man. This show had too many outstanding matches, hell the opening match was main event quality!

Beatiful show man, almost brings a tear to my Texas eyes.

Lo Ki vs Roderick Strong will go on my list of Best Matches of The Year along with RT's Main Attraction XV main event, and TMMW's Chris Jericho vs CM Punk.

Overall: 10/10

Comment

NWA: Resurrection presents Tuesday Night Showcase
          Tuesday July 17th, 2012 | Episode VI
          George R. Brown Convention Center, Texas

Oooh, can you feel it comin?
          Move back his wrecking ball, reach through the package
          More violence he's coming, he's coming, he's coming
          More violent he's coming, I'm running, I'm running...
          -Kasabian "Switchblade Smiles"

We are treat to a series of still images recapping 'A Fistful of Dollars' with the last image being the most prominent of all - a teary AJ Styles on both knees in the ring, covered in confetti with the NWA World Heavyweight Championship in his possession. Kasabian's anthem comes to a halt, as we are greeted by the familiar George R. Brown Convention Center, and over a thousand screaming fans. Jim Ross and Paul Heyman converse over the noisy crowd, with their key discussion point being AJ Styles - the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion. Ross and Heyman speculate what is next for the champion as well as the former champion Drew Galloway. Heyman wonders aloud what John Bradshaw Layfield's actions will be following the title change. The pair's discussion stops immediately as the crowd roar with cheers.

The champ is here - AJ Styles makes his way out to the ring with the beautiful, golden NWA World Heavyweight Championship sitting proudly on his shoulder. Styles is taken aback by the reaction, and it takes him a minute or two to speak. He fights back the tears to thank the fans in attendance for helping him along the way. Styles says thanks to Shawn Michaels for his words of advice, and for helping make it all happen. Styles says Michaels was not only a mentor but a friend and his help will never be forgotten. Styles says other than the birth of his children, Friday July 13th was the proudest day of his life. He takes a second to soak up the applause, and beams with delight as the crowd begin to chant his name. His smile turns into a look of disgust as John Bradshaw Layfield and Drew Galloway interrupt him, ruining a touching moment between champion and fans.

Layfield asks Styles if he's enjoying himself as champion before telling him that tonight his world is going to come crashing down. Layfield says that the board of directors did not sanction a rematch clause in the contract, lambasting the decision. The General Manager says he was able to come to a compromise however, and that we will get a championship rematch tonight! Galloway is delighted with the news but his face soon falls when Layfield reveals he had to make a bargaining plea to ensure the rematch, saying that if Galloway fails to win tonight, he won't receive another shot while Styles is champion. Galloway is stunned, but that's not all - Layfield also announces that if Styles successfully retains tonight, it will also mark the end of John Bradshaw Layfield's spell as General Manager.

The crowd cheer at the thought of Layfield having to step down as GM. It annoys him slightly, as he tells them to shut the hell up. Layfield says that he'll still be GM after tonight, and that he had no qualms in accepting the committee's offer, as Drew Galloway will defeat Styles tonight, and take his championship back. Styles cockily asks Layfield how he is so sure, before being blindsighted by Galloway who lays him out with a big boot to the side of the head. Layfield laughs, taking pleasure in Galloway's attack on the champion. Galloway takes Styles out with the Future Shock before picking up his championship belt, looking at it before creepily talking to it. The opening segments ends with Layfield and Galloway standing over a fallen AJ Styles, with Ross and Heyman excitedly discussing the announcement that tonight's main event will have high stakes for all three participants.

In the opening match of the evening, Roderick Strong takes on local wrestler Louis O'Brien on the back of his iPPV defeat to Low Ki. The loss is clearly in the mind of Strong who dismantles his opponent, defeating him in quick fashion courtesy of the Gibson Driver. Strong's calf is visibly black and blue, with Ki's kicks responsible for the bruising. Roddy cuts a short promo following the match bemoaning his loss to Low Ki, and demands he gets a chance to redeem himself. Strong says he is laying down a challenge for Low Ki, for a rematch to take place in Las Vegas at Fear and Loathing. Strong says he'll be waiting, before hitting the helpless O'Brien with another Gibson Driver.

Backstage, Christopher Daniels and Jimmy Jacobs are taking out their frustrations on a couple of backstage workers. Daniels and Jacobs bully the two men, with Daniels throwing a cup of coffee in one of the men's faces. The two laugh before looking to torment more people backstage, frustrated at their iPPV loss to The Briscoe Brothers. The two bullies are stopped in their tracks by Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne who haven't forgotten the fact that they were on the receiving end of chair shots by Jacobs and Daniels on the previous edition of Tuesday Night Showcase. Kingston and Bourne attack Daniels and Jacobs with lefts and rights, and are finally separated by several wrestlers backstage before things escalate further.

Austin Aries features in the second match of the night taking on local wrestler Jay Connors. Aries punishes his poor opponent, clubbing him with strikes and uppercuts before finally ending the massacre with a brutal Brainbuster. Aries gets a microphone post match and says he has no allies, saying the only person you can trust is yourself. Aries calls out Terry Funk but instead is faced with John Morrison who hits the ring, and a brawl breaks out. Morrison finally gets the upperhand and dumps Aries out of the ring. Aries is furious and demands that Terry Funk stops being so cowardly and challenges Funk to attend next week's show and face him like a man. Aries says he wants and needs to put the old man out of his misery before exiting, John Morrison staring him down.

Backstage, John Bradshaw Layfield is deep in discussion with Drew Galloway. Layfield is adamant things will go to plan, and ensures Galloway that Shawn Michaels will not step foot in the arena. Layfield looks pleased with himself until Galloway questions what will happen if things don't go to plan. Layfields smirk fades as Galloway exits the room, leaving Layfield to contemplate what he had just said.

The third match of the night sees Jerry Lynn in action against local talent Ryan Stevens. Lynn makes short work of his opponent, barely breaking a sweat as wraps up the win with a devastating Cradle Piledriver. Lynn celebrates his win at ringside with the Texan fans but is punched by a hooded fan! The fan takes off their hood...Alex Shelley! Shelley hops over the guardrail and continues the attack, whipping Lynn knee first into the steel steps at ringside, before stamping repeatedly at the same knee that connected with the steel. Shelley finally stops the attack, satisfied with his work as several paramedics flee down to the ring to tend to Lynn who seems to be in some pain. Shelley takes a microphone as Lynn is helped away on a stretcher. The self-proclaimed 'New Star of NWA' catches up with the stretcher, telling Lynn that 'there isn't enough room for the both of us' before pushing Lynn off the stretcher, going back for the injured knee! Shelley locks in a figure-four leg-lock on a screaming Lynn, refusing to relinquish the hold. Finally, several backstage workers and wrestlers restrain Shelley, and drag him away from Lynn before any further damage can be done.

We are treat to another video promoting 'Fear and Loathing' although this one differs from the one shown at the last iPPV. Two Steps From Hell's "Temptation Town" plays along to the video which sees more of NWA's stars in Vegas. Alex Shelley is seen attacking a waiter at a Bellagio restaurant while AJ Styles and Drew Galloway brawl near a pool at the Four Seasons. Several of NWA stars find themselves in a casino brawling, with the place quickly being turned upside down. We see a dealer with his head down surveying the carnage before revealing himself to be Steve Austin who shakes his head with laughter before the scene fades away into a still image promoting the event: ‘NWA Resurrection presents Fear and Loathing – Las Vegas – August 17 only on iPPV!’.

The night's main event sees NWA World Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles defend against Drew Galloway. The match is the fourth encounter between the two in the space of two months, and as ever the pair live up to the high expectations bestowed upon them. Galloway starts the better man, eager to impose himself in the match and quickly regain what was his most prized possession. Styles is resilient as always, if not more with the championship at stake as he fires back with lefts and rights before hitting Galloway with a Pele Kick to work his way back into the match, desperate to hang on to his newly won title.

John Bradshaw Layfield appears at ringside as Styles builds momentum, with Ross speculating that the GM is up to no good. His fears are proved good as Paul London and Brian Kendrick make their way to the ring, looking to distract the referee but their and Layfield's plan is foiled as The Briscoe Brothers rush down to the ring to meet the Tag Team Champions. The two teams brawl with their fight spilling into the crowd and quickly backstage as we return our focus to the ring. Layfield is beside himself that London and Kendrick have found themselves pre-occupied but he has a plan B.

Styles and Galloway find themselves in the corner of the ring with Galloway on the back foot. Styles meets Galloway in the corner with a Stinger Splash leaving the Scot slumped on the floor. Layfield climbs onto the ring apron, trying to get the attention of AJ Styles. The referee orders Layfield to get down but Styles moves over to Layfield, and the two begin a shouting match. Layfield knows exactly what he is doing as Galloway approaches Styles from behind, looking to hit him with a big boot just as he had earlier in the night but Styles is one step ahead, and he ducks just in time, with Galloway catching Layfield instead, sending him crashing down from the ring apron and to the floor. Galloway lost concentration completely as AJ Styles caught him with surprise with a backslide: One...Two...Three! He's done it! Styles retains, Galloway loses any chance of getting a shot at the title while Styles is champion, and most importantly John Bradshaw Layfield must step down as General Manager!

Styles celebrates on the outside, with fans delighted at the fact that not only has their favourite wrestler retained his championship, but also that John Bradshaw Layfield will no longer be a fixture in NWA:Resurrection! Galloway laments his loss in the ring before Layfield returns in the ring, red in the face and furious with Galloway. He shoves Galloway, calling him a loser causing Galloway to snap. Galloway takes Layfield out with the Future Shock, before deeming him worthless. Galloway stands over the former General Manager of NWA as the show goes off the air...

END TUESDAY NIGHT SHOWCASE
          Man of the world.

Comment

-July 18, 2012
            -www.nwa-resurrection.com

LAYFIELD EXITS, WHO WILL REPLACE HIM?

The NWA Board of Director's were quick to address speculation concerning who will replace John Bradshaw Layfield as General Manager, in the aftermath of his departure as seen on last night's live edition of Tuesday Night Showcase.

Several names of NWA's past have been linked to the role but Steve Austin has denied there will be a direct replacement for Layfield.

Austin said: "We've decided to not look for a replacement for John, as we feel the show will benefit further from myself and the rest of the directors overseeing the direction it's going in, rather than a General Manager. We initially thought having a GM was a good idea, but Layfield's performance has made us do a u-turn on the whole idea. There will be no on-screen presence. This is a wrestling company, for wrestlers and with that said I want the spotlight to remain on those guys. We can do the same stuff behind the scenes, for now."

Man of the world.

Comment

Tuesday July 24th, 2012 | Episode VII

Kasabian's heavy anthem welcome us to the first edition of a new era of Tuesday Night Showcase following John Bradshaw Layfield's departure as General Manager. The mood in the George R. Brown Convention Center is jubilant as the commentary team of Jim Ross and Paul Heyman greet us, with the camera panning around the excited crowd. Ross and Heyman are deep in conversation, with the pair commenting on the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, wondering where AJ Styles and Drew Galloway go from here after last week's main event. The pair are interrupted by the music of Richie Steamboat, who arrives to the entrance ramp met met with huge cheers, his popularity increasing by the week.

The first match of the evening sees the popular Steamboat in action against local wrestler Brad Hutchinson. Steamboat finds himself on the defence initially with Hutchinson trying to make a name for himself. His opponent's fiery attack is short-lived as Steamboat comes firing back with a series of chops and punches before finally leveling Hutchinson over the head with a Mongolian Chop. His opponent crashes down to the mat with Steamboat scaling to the top turnbuckle. Hutchinson returns to his feet, staggering slightly as Steamboat takes flight, landing a perfect crossbody to secure the pinfall and win.

Steamboat celebrates his victory, beaming from ear to ear as he climbs the top turnbuckle once again to celebrate. He jumps off the turnbuckles only to find himself on the receiving end of a big boot! The crowd begin to boo hysterically as standing over a fallen Steamboat is none other than Drew Galloway. Galloway picks Steamboat back up before drilling him into the canvas with the Future Shock. He exits the ring, without saying a word leaving Richie Steamboat down and out. Ross and Heyman question Galloway's motives as he makes his way backstage, satisfied with his dirty work.

Backstage, AJ Styles is busy watching Galloway's antics on a nearby television monitor. Styles looks disgusted by Galloway's actions but is interrupted by Todd Grisham. Grisham tells Styles that the NWA Board of Directors have signed a six-man tag team match for tonight with Styles and The Briscoe Brothers teaming up to take on Londrick and Drew Galloway. Styles smiles at the thought of getting his hands on Galloway once again, as Grisham asks his next question, one on the lips of every single NWA: Resurrection fan - what next for AJ Styles? Styles repeats the fact that he's the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, putting emphasis on the word 'world'. Styles says that he was watching KENTA's match at 'A Fistful of Dollars' in the back and made note of his challenge. Styles says that he officially accepts and will be honoured to defend his championship against Pro-Wrestling NOAH's KENTA at Fear and Loathing.

Back in the ring, Alex Shelley is out for another edition of Shelley's Showcase. Shelley says that this week's guest is the sexiest, most talented, charismatic and entertaining wrestler in NWA. His guest in none other than himself! Shelley spends the next few minutes praising himself and reminding the audience of his brutal attack on Jerry Lynn last week, injuring his knee in the process. Shelley smiles regardless of the amount of boos he is getting from the Texan crowd. The boos increase in volume as he replays the attack on the huge TV monitor set-up alongside him in the ring. Shelley repeats the words seen in the same video saying "there's not enough room for the both of us" before proposing a Loser Leaves Town match at Fear and Loathing. Shelley says that it'll be the second greatest moment of his career to end the career of Jerry Lynn, saying he's saving the best moment in the career for when he becomes NWA World Heavyweight Champion.

Evan Bourne goes one-on-one with Jimmy Jacobs in the second match of the evening, with Jim Ross informing us both Christopher Daniels and Kofi Kingston have been banned from ringside to avoid any possible altercations. Jacobs starts the match as the aggressor, punishing Bourne with lefts and rights before working him over in the corner of the ring. Jacobs tries to end the contest quickly, going for his finishing move the Contra Code but Bourne proves to be a tricky opponent, and counters sending Jacobs crashing to the outside, before catching him moments later with a suicide dive.

The match is a balanced and evenly fought contest with both men struggling to find that one 'big move' to get the win. Jacobs tries in vain for the Contra Code once again but Bourne slips out of his hold, sending Jacobs crashing into the turnbuckles before quickly rolling him up from behind to get the three count! Bourne rolls out of the ring to avoid any post-match attack as Jacobs looks on scornfully, furious with himself for slipping to defeat.

In the third match of the night, John Morrison went one-on-one with David Scott, a local talent from the area. Morrison invites Terry Funk in the ring before the match, with the Funker getting one of the loudest reactions of the night. Funk thanks the fans for their kindness and does Morrison's ring introduction before taking his place back in the crowd.

Scott is totally outclassed as 'JoMo' delights the crowd, displaying his unbelievable skills and athleticism in the matter of a few minutes, taking Scott down with a huge hurricunrana before following up with the 'Chuck Kick'. Morrison finishes off his opponent with a stunning 'Moonlight Drive', hooking the leg for an emphatic victory.

Morrison has his hand raised by the referee but is quickly taken down to the canvas as Austin Aries hits the ring, blindsighting him with a steel chair shot from behind. Aries attacks Morrison repeatedly, hitting him with three more chair shots as the crowd voice their anger and resentment. Satisfied with his work, Aries places the chair down in the ring and takes a seat. He spots Terry Funk in the crowd, and tells the audience that he isn't moving from the ring until Terry Funk comes in the ring and faces him like a man. We see a shot of an enraged Terry Funk before going to commercials.

The show returns from commercials with Austin Aries still sitting on the steel chair in the center of the ring, with John Morrison still out for the count on the outside, hurt from Aries' ruthless attack. Aries mockingly looks at his wrist and yawns, gesturing that Funk is taking his time. Funk has had enough and works his way out of the crowd, who are chanting his name as loud and passionately as they can, hoping that Funk will shut Aries up.

Funk stumbles over the rail and into the ring where Aries finally moves away from the chair, immediately getting in the face of the legendary star. Aries mocks Funk telling him that he's pleased and surprised that he's finally facing him like a man. Funk cuts him off calling Aries a disgrace to the profession, and a disgrace to human beings. Funk rips into Aries, unforgiving with his verbal insults which rile Aries up, his face growing redder and redder with every insult and put-down. Finally Aries has enough and snaps, picking up the nearby steel chair before drilling Funk gut first. Aries looks down at Funk who rolls around the canvas in pain before slamming the chair down on the canvas next to him.

Aries thinks about leaving, but instead he picks Funk up before delivering a sickening brainbuster, sending Funk head-first into the steel chair! The crowd groan as Funk's head snaps off the chair, his body becoming lifeless. John Morrison crawls back in the ring but it's all too late, the damage has been done. Aries rolls out of the ring, wide-eyed with a huge grin on his face. He walks back up the entrance ramp as John Morrison tends to Funk in the ring, licking his lips with satisfaction as several officials and paramedics rush past him and to the ring. Paramedics care to Funk who isn't responding to any of them who are asking how he is. Morrison looks up from the ring as Aries exits, the crowd silent and stunned with disbelief at what had just transpired.

From hectic scenes in the ring, to the very same backstage as Christopher Daniels and Jimmy Jacobs are stamping away at Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston, having already attacked them from behind off-camera. The two finish their attack before telling the beaten two that they'll see them at Fear and Loathing, effectively challenging the duo to a match. Daniels and Jacobs walk off with Bourne and Kingston left hurt and laid out.

In the night's main event, AJ Styles, Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe take on Drew Galloway, Paul London and Brian Kendrick. The heel team seem to be in control of the match, with London and Kendrick doing all of the work while Galloway stands on the ring apron, watching. Kendrick eventually tries to tag in Galloway but the Scot drops off the ring apron, and walks up the entrance ramp and backstage leaving his partners London and Kendrick in peril.

The NWA World Tag Team Champions fought valiantly despite the 3-on-2 disadvantage but finally fell to Styles' team with Styles securing the win for himself and The Briscoe Brothers, hitting Brian Kendrick with the Styles Clash before hooking the leg for the 1-2-3. The show goes off the air in an unusual calm manner with Styles and The Briscoe Brothers celebrating their win as Jim Ross and Paul Heyman contemplate what the fallout of tonight's show will be, given all the madness. Heyman says that tonight the "inmates have run the asylum" as Tuesday Night Showcase comes to a conclusion.

Man of the world.

Comment

RT better up his game because this fed is really kicking some ass right now. I don't have the time to write full reviews, but I read & enjoyed both of these shows. Looking forward to Styles vs Kenta at Fear & Loathing. I liked the way Aries almost let Funk off with just the belly shot, only to come back and totally beat him down.

Two very well written, easy to read, well booked shows for sure man. Keep this up.

Just a personal preference, but I wouldn't want to pay to see squash matches. I think they are a thing of the past that pro wrestling needs to move on from. Take the way Ryback has failed to get over for instance. It's just something that is old school that pro wrestling needs to let go of. Just my personal, humble opinion though, and one that I've recently come to. I would much rather see guys in even matchups.

With that said, you book the squash matches very well. I liked the Alex Shelley hooded fan angle with Lynn's match. I'll probably steal that from you sometime way down the road a couple of years after everybody forgets about this mini-review.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Shinobi, you rock.

RE: the squash matches, it's down to personal preference. I try to refrain from booking evenly matched matches other than the main event in order to make the matches feel more special for PPV. I'm of the belief that you should try and save your big matches for PPV's. Couple that with my small roster, than it's to my advantage to use squash matches. I totally understand where you're coming from, though.

My roster will be getting a few new faces in shortly and a few shake-ups will happen so there shouldn't be as many squashes in the future. Still, I'm a fan personally as it's a benefit to my booking.

Thanks again buddy.
                  Man of the world.

Comment

Tuesday July 31st, 2012 | Episode VIII

The eight edition of Tuesday Night Showcase begins in normal fashion with Kasabian's theme song playing us into the familiar sight of the George R. Brown Convention Center. Jim Ross and Paul Heyman welcome us to the show in their usual manner, with Ross saying that tonight will see the U.S television debut of KENTA who will be wrestling in preparation for his NWA World Heavyweight Championship encounter with AJ Styles. Paul Heyman says he has it on good word that the NWA Board of Directors will address Austin Aries and reprimand him for his behavior on last week's show. JR counters by saying there has been no sighting of Aries in the area today, with rumours flying around over his current status with the company. The duo are interrupted by an infamous theme song, which gets the entire crowd on their feet, cheering with appreciation.

'American Dream' fills the arena who anticipate the arrival of Dusty Rhodes. Dusty comes out all smiles and tells the crowd that he is here on behalf of the NWA Resurrection Board of Directors. Rhodes says that he and the other committee members were disturbed by the behaviour of certain individuals on last week's show, namely Austin Aries. Rhodes updates us on Terry Funk's condition saying he is currently in hospital, and that he has sustained some serious injuries but should be fit to leave hospital within a couple of weeks. Nonetheless, Austin Aries' attack was cowardly, vicious and frowned upon by all of the committee and that having taken past behaviour into account also, a decision has been made to suspend Austin Aries indefinitely.

The crowd meet the news with a mixed reaction, most happy Aries is being reprimanded with a few others somewhat disappointed NWA will be without a fine in-ring competitor. John Morrison interrupts 'the Dream', and says that while he respects his decision, something doesn't feel right to him. Morrison says that a suspension and a hefty fine isn't the way NWA used to settle things, and says if he has learned one thing from his friendship with Terry Funk, it is that some things are better off settled in the ring. 'JoMo' proposes he takes on Austin Aries at Fear and Loathing in order to properly gain retribution for Aries' brutality towards Funk. Rhodes says he likes Morrison's idea and promises him and the crowd that he'll talk with Terry and also with the Board of Director's and come to a decision by next week's show.

The first match of the night sees Alex Shelley take on Chris Riley, a local wrestler from the area. Shelley is his usual cocky self, playing with Riley and mocking him with every punch and chop he lands to his opponent. Riley starts to fight back with Shelley's antics riling (no pun intended) him up, as he fires back with forearms and a big dropkick, taking Shelley down to the canvas. Shelley shoots right back up, with the dropkick serving as a wake-up call as Shelley ducks another forearm attempt before catching his opponent with a leg lariat. Shelley taps his head, as if to say he's smarter than the rest of us before picking Riley up and finishing him off with the Slicedbread #2 followed by a picture-perfect Lionsault, earning him a straight-forward victory.

Shelley celebrates his victory, shoving the referee's arm away and climbing the top turnbuckle. Shelley basks in his glory, seemingly standing on the top turnbuckle forever. The crowd begin to cheer, with the cheers being almost deafening as Shelley soaks in the cheers, mistakingly believing they are directed at him. He jumps off the turnbuckles and turns around to see the reason the crowd have lost their mind...Jerry Lynn! Lynn has a crutch in hand, and he uses it as a weapon, leveling a stunned Shelley over the head and sending him retreating out of the ring. The crowd are hot as Lynn throws the crutch out of the ring and at a back-peddling Shelley. Lynn tells Shelley he accepts his challenge for a Loser Leaves Town match at Fear and Loathing, saying he'll love nothing more than to be the one to rid NWA of Alex Shelley.

Candice Michelle is standing by backstage with NWA World Heavyweight Champion, AJ Styles. Candice asks AJ about KENTA and asks if Styles will be at ringside for his debut match tonight. Styles is complimentary of his Fear and Loathing title challenger, and says that he will indeed be at ringside to scout his soon-to-be opponent. Styles admits that KENTA is a danger to his title, and goes as far as saying that he is unlike any other wrestler on the NWA Resurrection roster.

Back in the ring, Richie Steamboat voices his anger and frustration after being on the receiving end of a Drew Galloway attack on last week's show. Steamboat says he doesn't care for reputations and isn't intimidated by what Galloway has achieved, because when someone puts their hands on him, he'll fight back, and that is why he is out here tonight. Steamboat tells Galloway to come out to the ring and instead of hitting him from behind, face him like a man and fight like a man should fight. Steamboat waits with the crowd fully behind their newly adopted favourite. He is left disappointed however when Roderick Strong makes his way to the entrance ramp.

Strong says he knows he isn't who Steamboat was expecting but Strong couldn't help but admire his passion and fire and thought he had to come out and put it to some use. Strong says Low Ki has accepted his challenge for a rematch which will take place at Fear and Loathing, and that facing an aggressive and hungry Richie Steamboat would be the perfect warm-up for the match. Steamboat takes some offence at being called a 'warm-up' and tells Strong he's on. We have an impromptu match on our hands.

The show comes back from commercial with the two men a minute into their contest. Steamboat takes out his frustration on Strong, whipping him into the corner before punishing him with chops and forearms before finally taking him down with a superplex. Strong kicks out and finally finds a way into the match, troubling Steamboat with his offence after initially countering Steamboat's headscissors attempt into a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Strong makes an effort of focusing on Steamboat's back but Steamboat is valiant and he works his way out of a Gibson Driver, to dropkick Strong to the outside. Steamboat takes a deep breath before vaulting over the ropes with a beautiful tope. Steamboat picks himself up and goes to throw Strong back into the ring but he is struck from behind by Drew Galloway!.

Galloway smirks as he stands over Steamboat, before rolling him in the ring. Steamboat has won the match by DQ but doesn't feel like a winner after Galloway connects with a devastating Future Shock. Galloway looks down at a hurt Steamboat as Strong returns to his feet. Strong and Galloway's eyes meet and Strong considers helping Steamboat out before thinking better of it and exiting backstage to boos. Galloway watches him exit before connecting with one more Future Shock to a helpless Steamboat, leaving him laid out for the second consecutive week.

The third match of the night saw Paul London and Brian Kendrick in non-title action against Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne. The match is a fast-paced affair with Bourne and Kingston able to get their opponents on the back-foot in the first few minutes. London and Kendrick look frustrated and are both relieved to see the duo of Jimmy Jacobs and Christopher Daniels who make their presence known at ringside. Bourne and Kingston don't take any chances and the two men turn their attention away from London and Kendrick and to the outside where they take down Jacobs and Daniels with suicide dives! The referee rings for a no contest as all hell breaks loose on the outside.

London and Kendrick join the festivities and help Jacobs and Daniels in their fight with Bourne and Kingston. The four men beat down the men until finally The Briscoe Brothers hit the ring, and the fight evens up. The four teams brawl around ringside until dozens of backstage officials and security rush to the ring to try and break up the commotion. Dusty Rhodes is present and he says enough is enough, saying that this is the second match tonight to end in poor circumstances. Rhodes announces an eight-man tag match next week with The Briscoes, Bourne and Kingston going up against Londrick, Jacobs and Daniels to open the show.

Backstage, Candice is with Drew Galloway who is on his way out of the arena. Candice questions Galloway's motives with the Scotsman seeming to take pleasure in telling Candice that Steamboat was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Galloway has a twisted smile across his face now as he says that Richie Steamboat made the biggest mistake of his life tonight, coming back for more. He tells Candice that he will make sure that Steamboat isn't able to call him out again, after he destroys him at Fear and Loathing. He leaves Candice and the arena, smiling with the thought of what he will do when he faces Steamboat one-on-one.

It's main event time and KENTA makes his anticipated debut, one on one with a local talent named Stevie Morgan. AJ Styles is at the commentary table with Heyman and Ross, watching his Fear and Loathing opponent up close, hoping to get more of an idea of his soon-to-be opponent. In the ring, Morgan is severely out of his depth and is punished by KENTA, who takes him apart with an arsenal of kicks and chops, before nearly decapitating him with a brutal Running Busaiku Knee Strike. KENTA hooks the leg for the easiest three count of his career as AJ Styles gets to his feet and starts applauding. The crowd are impressed with a large section chanting KENTA's name as the referee raises his hand in the air. KENTA is oblivious to the chanting and is fully focused on AJ Styles who joins him in the ring.

Styles and KENTA stare at one another, head-to-head for a few moments before finally a serious KENTA cracks a smile and offers his hand to Styles. Styles is a little cautious but takes the hand of KENTA, only to regret it as KENTA pulls him in and hoists him onto his shoulders, before nailing him with the Go 2 Sleep! KENTA's popularity does a complete 180 with boos ringing around the arena as KENTA stands over a fallen AJ Styles. He takes the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, holding it for a few seconds before smiling with satisfaction. He then drops the title onto a motionless AJ Styles and stands triumphantly over the champion as Tuesday Night Showcase goes off the air...

Last edited by WMS; 07-19-2012, 11:51 AM.
                    Man of the world.

Comment

The Cool Review

Wow, you’ve written three shows since I last reviewed, damn man you sure do pump your shows out quickly. I’m going to make comments on each one, not in great detail but I’m bored and I know by reading your two shows before the last one I’ll want to comment on things, so here goes.

First Show – Well, first thing being major announcement that JBL loses his job if Styles wins tonight, which I think he will since he has only just won the title. So, I wonder who you have in mind to take charge once he’s gone. --- I’m still not sure if I like all these squash matches or not (don’t know If I’ve mentioned this before?), I sort of don’t like it because it’s 2012 and we don’t see that anymore but I sort of do because the NWA is old school and this is what used to happen back in the old days. --- I loved Alex Shelley jumping Jerry Lynn and having his hood up and all that, he’s one of, if not the best character in your fed at the moment. --- Styles retains like I though and JBL has to step down. Interesting that you had Galloway attack JBL after the match, not sure if you’re turning him face with that move or not. I really am not the biggest fan of the bloke though. All in all, a very solid show, has me wondering who is going to take the place of JBL, I’m guessing maybe someone like Ric Flair (NWA connections and all.)

Second Show – By the looks of the announcement you’re going for the no GM like RT is doing as well, I’m personally not a HUGE fan of not having a GM, I always feel that having one around is useful. --- You’re building Steamboat quite nicely, I haven’t ever seen any of his work in real life, but you’re beginning to make me care about what you do with him. Galloway attacks Steamboat after the match which means he is still a heel, or maybe he’s just someone who doesn’t give a damn for anybody? That would be interesting. --- Styles/KENTA at Fear & Loathing is something I can get behind, that will be awesome. I like the fact that you’re making your title into a World Title as well, defending against all challengers across the world, not something you see in Fan Fic very much. --- Loser Leaver Town match, your card is getting stacked for the PPV already. No doubt, Shelley wins though because if he doesn’t you’re mentally retarded . --- Refreshing to have a non main event match actually not one of your roster against a local wrestler. --- Aries is awesome too; he and Shelley are the best parts of your show. I’m sure this is leading to an Aries/Funk match somewhere down the line, well at least it should do. --- AJ Styles & The Briscoes win, really not sure what you have planned for Galloway, but I’m actually starting to get interested in him, so kudos for that. A better show than that previous, IMO. Good show from start to finish.

Third Show – Funk should be able to leave the hospital in the NEXT COUPLE WEEKS?! A Brainbuster to a chair has Funk in the hospital for three weeks?? I know he’s a bit older now, but this is Terry Funk, the hardcore legend!!! Not buying it would take him that long to recuperate from such a move. Has me looking forward to John Morrison/Austin Aries match more as this feud continues. --- Shelley/Lynn will be a great match, even though the winner is obvious, it is going to be a great match to read. --- Another non main event match between two men actually on your roster, I hope this becomes a weekly thing. The squash matches are okay, but mix them with two matches (one being the main event) from your actual roster and it’ll be the right mix. --- Galloway/Steamboat at Fear & Loathing, you have a stacked event, can’t wait to read it. --- Finally, KENTA beats a jobber, but I’m not too fond of how the show finished. I would have liked it more if they competed in more of a respect match, I don’t think either man had to be heel. All in all, another solid show. I’m really looking forward to Fear & Loathing, should be an awesome show. Keep up the good work, buddy.
                      Thanks too Fresh Prince

Comment

Tuesday August 7th, 2012 | Episode IX

The road to Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas continues with the ninth edition of Tuesday Night Showcase as commentary team 'JR' Jim Ross and Paul Heyman welcome us from the George R. Brown Convention Center. The duo's main discussion point is the conclusion of last week's show which saw KENTA deliver a Go 2 Sleep to NWA World Heavyweight Champion, AJ Styles. Ross and Heyman question what Styles' retaliation will be before being interrupted by the theme music of the Tag Team Champions, Londrick. Paul London and Brian Kendrick make their way to the ring and gloat to the crowd about their brutal beatdown of The Briscoe Brothers at the last iPPV, A Fistful of Matches. London and Kendrick mock the brothers for the way they speak and their intelligence, before comparing them to the George R. Brown Convention Center crowd. Their insults are replied by deafening boos, which the pair eat up as they laugh and joke about the reaction they've caused.

The hated duo are joined by their partners for tonight, Jimmy Jacobs and Christopher Daniels. The two teams stand away from one another in the ring, and don't say a word to each other. Instead, London whispers something into Kendrick's ear which makes them laugh in the direction of their partners who look less than pleased to be teaming with the two. Their opponents Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne and the Briscoe Brothers join them in the ring moments later, looking much more like a team with all four men conversing and wearing the same colour attire. The atmosphere around the George R. Brown Convention Center for the first match of the evening is electric with the crowd wanting The Briscoes to get their hands on London and Kendrick for their earlier insults.

The first match of the evening is a memorable one, fought at a quick pace and with the added element of a hostile crowd it makes for a thrilling encounter. London and Kendrick are both dumped to the outside in the early goings and finds themselves on the receiving end of a double plancha courtesy of Kingston and Bourne which the crowd love. The Briscoes have to wait a little to get their hands on their soon-to-be opponents but take out their frustrations on Jimmy Jacobs who is on the wrong end of a nasty Reverse STO-leg drop combination from the brothers. Jay Briscoe soon gets his hands on Paul London but London quickly tags out, with one stiff uppercut being more than enough for one half of the champions. Christopher Daniels tags in and tries to turn the match back in the favour of his side after a hectic start.

Daniels soon does so, raking Briscoe in the eye before slowing things down and gaining the advantage. The heel team keep Jay in peril for the next few moments, attempting to tire him out but Jay eventually found an escape, delivering a leg lariat to Kendrick before finding enough energy to tag in Evan Bourne who came in the ring and cleaned house, which would lead to the match spiraling out of control. Bourne tagged back out to Mark Briscoe who found himself in the ring alone with Kendrick as Bourne and Kingston took to the outside once again, with both men criss-crossing in the ring before shooting through the ropes to knock down Jacobs, London and Daniels! The crowd explode with cheers for the stunning double-team move before returning their focus back in the ring where Brian Kendrick panics and rushes at Mark Briscoe only knocked down with a huge lariat! Kendrick is nearly turned inside out by the move, as Briscoe helps him return to his feet before drilling him with the Mark Out to get the popular victory.

Mark celebrates outside the ring and is soon joined by his brother with the duo overjoyed to get one over London and Kendrick. London comes back in the ring and is beside himself at being one-upped by the 'dumb' brothers. He mutters under his breath as Kendrick begins to come to as the show goes to commercials.

Following the break, Alex Shelley is in the ring for yet another edition of Shelley's Showcase. Shelley is all smiles despite Jerry Lynn getting the better of him on last week's show. Shelley addresses Lynn saying that Lynn is making the mistake of his life. Shelley tells the fans that they can see him dismantle and weaken Lynn in tonight's main event as he'll be teaming with KENTA to take on NWA's 'two biggest losers' Jerry Lynn and AJ Styles. Shelley says it's poignant that Styles is Lynn's partner, because the NWA World Heavyweight Championship will be in his path once he gets rid of Jerry Lynn.

Shelley basks in the boos from the audience for a moment before introducing his guest on tonight's show - former NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Drew Galloway. Shelley asks Galloway to tell us all how the events of the last few weeks have changed him and how he is coping since his championship loss. Galloway blames John Bradshaw Layfield for his downward spiral, and says that the biggest mistake of his career was trusting and joining forces with that man. Galloway claims he is in the midst of salvaging his career and is biding his time until AJ Styles slips up and loses that belt. Galloway says he will destroy any one who happens to have taken that championship away from Styles whether it be KENTA, or the man in front of him right now, Alex Shelley. Shelley and Galloway go face to face for a few moments but Galloway backs off and tells us that standing in his path right now is Richie Steamboat, and he is in a very unfortunate position.

Right on cue, out runs Richie Steamboat who rushes to the ring and confronts Galloway. The two begin to brawl with Steamboat quickly gaining the upper hand, clotheslining Galloway over the rope and out of the ring! Steamboat turns around and meets eyes with Alex Shelley who looks like he is about to attack, Shelley thinks better of it and rolls out of the ring as Steamboat takes his microphone and tells a disgruntled Galloway that he will kick his ass at Fear and Loathing.

Roderick Strong continued his warm-up for his big rematch with Low Ki at Fear and Loathing in the night's second match, facing local talent Riley Williams. Strong was ruthless, decimating his opponent inside a minute, crushing him with a yakuza kick before finishing him off with the Gibson Driver. After the match Strong said that all his bruises were gone except from in one place, his head. Strong claimed that the loss to Ki has damaged him mentally and that he'll do anything to help his chances of winning the rematch at Fear and Loathing to overcome the mental fragility he has recently endured. Strong promises that next week's show he will have the perfect practice run as he exits to a chorus of boos.

Backstage, Todd Grisham is lingering around the backstage area when he spots NWA World Heavyweight Champion, AJ Styles. Grisham runs over to Styles and immediately questions him over last week and for his thoughts on being on the wrong-end of a Go 2 Sleep from KENTA. Styles stops in his tracks for a moment, but looks too pissed off to even answer Grisham. He stares at Grisham and the camera for a few moments before shaking his head in disbelief and exiting. Grisham watches him walk away, and reports back to the ringside telling fans that AJ Styles will do his talking in the ring tonight, when he and KENTA are on opposite sides of the ring in tonight's tag team main event.

In the ring, John Morrison takes on Anthony Harrison, a young local wrestler in the third contest of the evening. Morrison impressed as per usual, running rings around Harrison and in the end proved to be far too talented and tricky for his opponent to handle. Morrison finished off his opponent with a Chuck Kick followed by Starship Pain from the top rope for the three count.

Morrison's post match celebration is interrupted as the crowd burst into cheers as the entrance music of the legendary Terry Funk plays over the announcement system. Funk walks out onto the entrance ramp and is wearing a neck brace as he walks down to the ring to meet Morrison. Funk shakes the hand of Morrison and takes the microphone. He says he's embarrassed that his body is getting old and that it isn't as glutton for punishment as it once was. Funk says that he's still stubborn and that he discharged himself out of hospital against doctor's orders just so he could come here tonight and join Morrison in the ring.

Funk says he's here tonight to tell everyone in the audience and around the world that Austin Aries will get his shot at redemption - at Fear and Loathing Aries' suspension will be revoked and if he manages to beat John Morrison than he will overturn the suspension and wrestle again normally in NWA: Resurrection. If Aries fails to beat Morrison, than the suspension will stand indefinitely. Funk ends by telling Morrison to teach that punk a lesson he'll never forget before the two exit the ring together.

Backstage, Paul London and Brian Kendrick are seen arguing as they leave the arena. London blames Kendrick for the loss but Kendrick defends himself saying London should have been in a position to back him up and break up the pin. They continue to argue as they get into a limo and drive out of the arena as Paul Heyman wonders if dissension is forming between the two due to pressure from their tag team challengers.

The main event saw KENTA and Alex Shelley take on AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn. Shelley appeared to try and make conversation with KENTA before the match but the Japanese star simply stared at Shelley choosing not to reply to him. Shelley shrugged his shoulders and took to the ring apron as KENTA started the match, with AJ Styles telling Jerry Lynn to stay back as he wanted to get his hands on KENTA. The two paced around the ring ready to lock up but the star played mind games with Styles tagging straight out to a confused Shelley who entered the ring and locked up with Styles who looked disappointed. Styles took out his frustrations on Shelley as he and Lynn controlled the early goings.

Lynn didn't appear to be 100% and this was plain for all to see as the match progressed. Shelley took advantage and after taking him down with a dropkick to the knees, Shelley tried to take advantage of it. He continued to work away at the injured leg of Lynn, trying to make good on his promise that he'd dismantle him ready for their Loser Leaves Town match until finally AJ Styles entered the ring and broke up Shelley's figure four leg lock. The referee approached Styles and this distraction allowed KENTA to blindside Styles taking him out with a huge Busaiku Knee Strike! Styles went crashing through the ropes and to the outside, landing nastily on the hard, cold floor. KENTA smiled with satisfaction and took his place back on the ring apron as Jerry Lynn tried to fight off Alex Shelley.

Lynn managed to shrug Shelley off with a step-up enziguri, but as he reached to his corner he noticed Styles wasn't on the ring apron, and instead knocked out on the outside. He looked in despair, before returning to his feet where he limped into the direction of KENTA who had just tagged himself in. Lynn swung at KENTA but missed and soon found himself hoisted onto his shoulders, he tried to fight him off with elbows but to no avail as KENTA connected with a sickening Go 2 Sleep! Lynn thudded off the knee of KENTA before folding into the canvas as KENTA hooked his leg for the three count and victory.

Shelley celebrated triumphantly on the outside and went to celebrate alongside KENTA but thought better of it and instead made his way back up the entrance ramp, holding his arm aloft in celebration. While Shelley was jubilant, his partner KENTA was indifferent as he wore a cold stare upon his face. He finally held his arm in the air as AJ Styles returned to his feet, holding himself up by the ring apron to stare up at the man he would face in just over a week's time. Tuesday Night Showcase goes off the air with one last look at the seemingly unbeatable KENTA.

Last edited by WMS; 07-26-2012, 06:40 AM.
                        Man of the world.

Comment

Tuesday August 7th, 2012 | Episode X

A landmark tenth edition of Tuesday Night Showcase begins in the same vein as the nine that have proceeded it with Kasabian's heavy-hitting anthem coming to a halt as the home of Showcase, the George R. Brown Convention Center comes into sight and announce team 'JR' Jim Ross and Paul Heyman thank us for joining them. JR greets us by saying that tonight is the last stop before Fear and Loathing with his colleague Heyman voicing his excitement for the show and a trip to Vegas. The George R. Brown Convention Center come to their feet in appreciation of the champion as the entrance music of AJ Styles interrupts Ross and Heyman's discussion.

The NWA World Heavyweight Champion looks displeased and voices his frustration to start the show as he bemoans KENTA getting the better of him for two weeks running. Styles says that he has had people approach him for the past week asking how it feels to know that KENTA has outstaged him for the past two weeks, and asking him if he regrets accepting his challenge. Styles tells us that he is pissed off with people asking him if he regrets accepting KENTA's challenge, reminding us that he's the champion and that makes him the best in the world. Styles demands KENTA to come and meet him in the ring, and fight him like a man. Styles promises that we would see a different result if the two were face to face.

He waits and waits until finally music plays over the personal announcement system. Much to the chagrin of Styles however, the music belongs to Roderick Strong who walks onto the entrance ramp to loud jeers from the audience who were, much like Styles, anticipating the arrival of KENTA. Strong doesn't seem fazed by the negative reaction, and instead tells Styles that he believes in him, and truly believes he is the best in the world. Styles looks uncertain how to react until Strong reveals his prerogative. Strong issues a challenge for Styles tonight, for a main-event non-title match with both men getting the best practice possible ahead of their respective matches at Fear and Loathing. Styles considers it for a moment before accepting and telling Strong he'd see him later tonight, adding that he couldn't think of a better way to rid himself of his frustration than in the ring.

The first match of the night sees Brian Kendrick go up against Mark Briscoe in an attempt to gain some retribution for Briscoe scoring the fall courtesy of Kendrick on last week's show. Kendrick is fired up in the early goings, with Ross mentioning that Kendrick and London were unhappy with their loss last week and have trained hard since. Kendrick goes close with a reverse DDT, followed by a backslide as Mark Briscoe has a tough time trying to force himself into the match-up. Finally Mark gets a breakthrough, taking Kendrick down with a leg-lariat before picking up a head of steam turning the match in his favour.

Mark reverses a Slicedbread #2 attempt, and sends Kendrick crashing into the turnbuckles before signalling for his finisher, the Mark-Out. He stalks Kendrick, waiting for him to return to his feet but Paul London comes rushing into the ring and tries to blindside Briscoe. Mark see's him coming however and fights back with lefts and rights before being joined by his brother Jay Briscoe who evens the scores, and ends up brawling with Brian Kendrick who has returned to his feet. The referee calls for the bell with both men being disqualified as the two teams erupt into a fight which is split up by several members of security and backstage officials just moments later. The men are restrained with Ross hyping up their match at Fear and Loathing, asking us what will happen when these two teams are let loose with the NWA World Tag Team Championship on the line?

We return from commercials with Jim Ross telling us that he was granted an interview with Austin Aries a couple of days ago, and that interview will air on tonight's show right now. Ross reminds us of Aries' situation as well as his forthcoming match with John Morrison at Fear and Loathing, where Terry Funk will be in his corner. Ross said Aries' suspension means he can't appear in person, but this interview here will allow us the opportunity to see where Aries' head is, just days away from Fear and Loathing.

A studio comes into vision with two figures sitting down opposite one another. The camera zooms in to reveal the two to be Austin Aries and ‘JR’ Jim Ross. Ross is sitting cross-legged with his cowboy hat on, the same hat that has become synonymous with the well-respected commentator over the years. Opposite him is Austin Aries, who is dressed rather informally and appears to have come straight from the gym, and looks rather disgruntled. Ross welcomes us and thanks Aries for joining him before beginning to speak.

Jim Ross: “Austin, let’s get right to the heart of the matter. You’re joining me at this time because of a suspension that won’t be revoked until the night of Fear and Loathing. That suspension has kept you from appearing on our televisions and if you aren’t able to beat John Morrison at Fear and Loathing that suspension will go back to being an indefinite suspension and question marks will surround your future in NWA: Resurrection.

Aries looks at Ross for a few moments, a look of disgust etched upon his face. He laughs for a split second before regaining seriousness and replying.

Austin Aries: “First of all JR, you don’t need to worry about my match with John Morrison. I will beat Morrison, and if you think what I did to Terry Funk was bad, it will be nothing, NOTHING in comparison to what I do to John Morrison at Fear and Loathing. As for my future in NWA, do you think I want to come back to this company after my mistreatment from the board of directors? Do you?”

Jim Ross: “I don’t know Austin. This is why I’m here right now. We obviously haven’t heard things from your side due to the board’s decision to suspend you. You haven’t appeared on our screens for almost a month. What are you feeling right now? This is your chance to get things off your chest, the board despite what you may think of them, have gave you this opportunity to air your views.”

Ross isn’t intimidated by Aries despite the menacing stare across his face. Aries seems a little rattled that Ross stood up for the directors, but nonetheless answers in a reserved manner.

Austin Aries: “I’ve had an awful lot of time to think the past few weeks. Being suspended I haven’t had an awful lot to do other than work out and think about my future and how things have transpired. You might not want to hear it but Terry Funk brought it on himself JR, he didn’t have to step into that ring, and he did that on his own terms. The board of directors took the easy way out and suspended me to save face. They may as well have spit in my face because that tells you all you need to know Ross. These directors are stuck in the past, they’ve got a hard-on for nostalgia and yours truly has felt the brunt of it. Why should I come back? Hell, why should I even face John Morrison at Fear and Loathing? You tell me that JR.”

Jim Ross: “Now Austin, you know fine well that you manipulated Terry Funk. You degraded Terry and being the proud man he is, Terry fell for your trap and you punished a man twice as old as yourself and beat him mercifully. I can’t quite comprehend how you can continue to defend your actions.”

Aries begins to grow impatient now, his face is redder and the tone in his voice has changed from calm and collected to a more angry and annoyed tone.

Austin Aries: “I’m not surprised you’re siding with your buddies JR – let’s face it, you’re a relic yourself. That’s fine, you can back your buddies up but I know I’m right, and the reason I’ll show my face at Fear and Loathing is to defend myself and take out John Morrison. After I beat Morrison, I don’t know where my career lies because in all honesty I don’t know if I want any part of ‘this’ NWA.”

Jim Ross: “So are you trying to tell us that Friday night we will see the last of Austin Aries in an NWA ring whatever the outcome?”

Austin Aries: “You’re the expert JR, you’ve been doing this for decades. You can interpret what I just said in whatever way you so please, I’m confident of the outcome and I know fine well where I will go from here. I’ve had time to work out my next steps. You’re just going to have to trust me when I say I’ll be the one laughing last.”

Ross looks into the eyes of Aries for a few moments, slightly perplexed but attempts to get more answers out of him. Aries seems to have calmed down slightly; no longer is red in the face but still his voice louder than before.

Jim Ross: “Just before we wrap things up, is there anything you’d like to say to the man you hospitalised for two weeks, Terry Funk?”
                          Aries smiles for the first time in the interview, as if he’d wanted JR to ask this question since the very beginning.

Austin Aries: “If you’re watching Terry, I just want to ask you if you’re happy? You brought all of this on yourself you son of a bitch, and at Fear and Loathing after I’m done with Morrison, I’m going to finish where I started with you, and put old yellow down.”

Ross seems repulsed by Aries’ last couple of sentences but nonetheless he thanks Aries for joining him and tells him that the whole world will be watching his situation closely, before promoting the match at Fear and Loathing as one that we will never forget. Aries sits and stares into the camera, looking smug with himself as if he knew something Ross and the rest of us, didn’t….

The interview segment fades and transitions into a video. The video is dead air for a few moments before the words 'TAKEOVER' flashes on the screen in white bold writing. It fades away quickly before the words 'Commencing Soon' flash on the screen for a split second before the video becomes blurry and distorted and eventually cuts away. Ross and Heyman react with silence before changing the subject quickly, making it slightly obvious that the video wasn't meant to be a part of the show.

We are treat to six-man tag action for the night's second match as Richie Steamboat partnered the team of Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne to take on Christopher Daniels, Jimmy Jacobs and his rival of the past few weeks Drew Galloway. The match centered around Steamboat trying to get his hands on Galloway, but the Scot was smart and made sure to avoid being tagged in for the majority of the match, showing no interest in working too hard before his match three days later with Steamboat.

Daniels and Jacobs seemed frustrated with their partners unwillingness to inject himself into the match-up, and as a result the dissension in their team gave the advantage to their opponents with Richie Steamboat capitalizing, surprising Daniels after a reversal out of the Angel's Wings, rolling him up for the three and a big win to continue his momentum rolling into Fear and Loathing. Steamboat had little time to celebrate his win as Daniels clotheslined him from behind in frustration which brought Bourne and Kingston into the ring, who quickly took out Daniels and Jacobs to the outside. Steamboat picked himself up only to walk into a Future Shock courtesy of Galloway!

Galloway stood over his soon-to-be opponent, smirking as the crowd directed their anger and boos towards him. He crouched down to Steamboat, talking trash before slapping him in the face and telling him that he will bring his world crashing down Friday night.

Alex Shelley is in the ring after commercials and welcomes us to Shelley's Showcase, what he describes as 'must-watch television'. Shelley says that his guest tonight is noneother than the man whose career he will end this Friday night - Jerry Lynn. Shelley said that he thought it fitting that he would have Lynn as a guest on his final ever appearance on Tuesday Night Showcase. Shelley continues to run down Lynn until finally he comes out from the entrance ramp and joins him in the ring.

Lynn and Shelley go back and forth in insults for a while with Lynn telling Shelley that he's a deluded fool and that this will be the last time Alex Shelley annoys these fans in the George R. Brown convention center, because it will be he who will be leaving NWA once Fear and Loathing is finished. Shelley laughs it off and tells Lynn that he isn't fooling anybody other than himself. Shelley draws our attention back to last week's show and says that Lynn was taken apart and that it was clear for everyone to see that he isn't 100%, and is still half-injured. Lynn bites his tongue, looking despondent as Shelley continues.

Shelley claims that Lynn won't be fit to properly take part in the match and that by participating he is setting himself up for a loss. Shelley has the nerve to tell Lynn he can back out now, and that he doesn't have to go ahead with the match. Shelley mocks him by saying he'll allow Lynn to save his career and take the easy option which in turn angers and infuriates the veteran who snaps and attacks Shelley with lefts and rights before throwing him out of the ring, showing little signs of any injuries or ring rust. Shelley picks himself up on the outside and licks his lips knowing his words will play on Lynn's mind as the two stare at one another. Lynn says he'll kick Shelley's ass even if he dies trying as the segment comes to an end.

JR and Paul Heyman promote Fear and Loathing, stressing the fact that it will be available on iPPV this Friday, the 17th of August. Ross says the event is sold out and reminds us that the event is the first NWA: Resurrection event to take place outside of Texas, with Las Vegas' Smith Center hosting the event. Heyman says he is unsure what he's more excited for - the trips to Vegas casinos or some of the wrestling matches set to take place. Heyman plugs KENTA versus AJ Styles for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, saying KENTA is unlike anyone in NWA and his unbeaten record emphasizes that. Ross talks about the other championship match with Londrick making their first title defence against The Briscoe Brothers. Heyman adds that they're two other matches on the card with as much importance as the championship matches - firstly Austin Aries against John Morrison who will be defending the honour of the great Terry Funk. Aries' NWA future is in doubt and should he fall to defeat, he will be indefinitely suspended from the company. Heyman moves on to a former ECW friend, Jerry Lynn who will be facing nemesis Alex Shelley in a Loser Leaves Town match saying 'NWA isn't big enough for both of these men to co-exist!'. Ross quickly runs through the rest of the card mentioning Galloway versus Steamboat, Kingston and Bourne vs. Daniels and Jacobs and finally a rematch from last month's event in Low Ki versus Roderick Strong. Ross tells us to buy the iPPV and witness history unfold as NWA: Resurrection takes over Las Vegas for one night only!

AJ Styles and Roderick Strong clash in the night's main event, with KENTA slowly creeping towards the ring half-way during the match. Until that point Styles seemed in cruise control having firstly took out some of his frustration on Strong with a flurry of chops and punches followed up by a Pele Kick, before going close to the win with a Stylin' DDT, with Strong saving the match by putting his foot on the bottom rope. KENTA's appearance distracted Styles slightly and Strong used this to his advantage to work his way back into the match.

Strong struck Styles with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker before punishing him with a torture rack, finally releasing the hold before throwing Styles airbourne and catching him with his raised knees. Strong covered but only managed to get two-and-three-quarters but the move was enough to hurt AJ and give Strong some momentum. Styles was valiant and kicked out of everything Strong threw at him in an explosive main event and did enough to knock him down and out at the fifteen minute mark, denying Strong's super fall-away slam attempt before sending him spiraling down to the canvas, regaining his composure before connecting with the Spiral Tap for the three count!

Styles returns to his feet overjoyed with his hard-fought victory but he's attacked from behind by KENTA! The fans joy turns into displeasure as KENTA gets the NWA World Heavyweight Champion on his shoulders and connects with Go 2 Sleep! Styles thuds off KENTA's knee and bounces off the canvas sickeningly before KENTA snatches the NWA title out of the referees hand and raises it in the air, standing tall over Styles in front of a booing Texan crowd with Heyman commenting he has an ominous sense of foreboding as Tuesday Night Showcase goes off the air one last time before Fear and Loathing...

Man of the world.

Comment

-www.nwa-resurrection.com

||Fear and Loathing||

|| NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match |||
                            AJ Styles (C) versus KENTA

|| NWA World Tag Team Championship Match ||
                            Londrick (C) versus The Briscoe Brothers

||Las Vegas Street Fight (If Aries loses he'll be suspended indefinitely)||
                            Austin Aries versus John Morrison w/Terry Funk

||Loser Leaves Town Match||
                            Jerry Lynn versus Alex Shelley

||NWA vs. Japan Series II Rematch||
                            Roderick Strong (NWA) versus Low Ki (NJPW)

||Grudge Match||
                            Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne versus Jimmy Jacobs and Christopher Daniels

||Grudge Match||
                            Richie Steamboat versus Drew Galloway
                            Last edited by WMS; 07-29-2012, 12:47 PM.
                            Man of the world.

Comment

NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match |||

||Grudge Match||

||Grudge Match||

Such a stacked card with some brilliant build up man. Really looking forward to this show. Even it if is half as good as Fistful of Matches it will be fantastic.

Comment

|Fear and Loathing||

|| NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match |||

||Grudge Match||

||Grudge Match||
                                Last edited by Raven*; 07-29-2012, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X