Announcement

Collapse

Fan Fiction Rules & Guidelines

THE RULES & GUIDELINES OF FAN FICTION

-There will be no flaming (insulting), spamming (making stupid, inane posts) and flame-baiting (luring someone into flaming you).

-You can't use deceased wrestlers. The only exception to this rule is if you're doing a federation that takes place in the 80s or something similar.

-Keep everything regarding your federation in one thread.

-There are three places where you can advertise a federation: in the thread of that federation, in your signature and in the Fed Thread. Nowhere else, if we find any advertising elsewhere, you will receive a warning for SPAM.

-Don't expect to get reviews from other people if you don't give reviews yourself. If you don't want any feedback to your shows, fine.

-Don't give feedback in the middle of a show. Posting in the middle of a show will result in deletion of your post and a warning for spam.

-You are not expected to leave a full on review of the show (though you can if you like). All you are required to do is to write a few comments with some substance behind them. This in no way shape or form means you can post one line reviews, they will be deleted and warned. So don’t post something like "Wow, great show! 9/10!".

-Even though it is creative writing, due to board rules we cannot allow racial and/or homophobic slurs/insults/etc. in your feds. This type of language will be warned immediately. And please note - racism is an automatic ban.

-Don't get mad when someone rips your show to pieces. Use the criticism in a positive way and use it to increase the quality of your federation. When someone insults you instead of giving good feedback, report that post to the Moderators.

-Don't bump your thread to the top if you've written nothing new in days. It just pushes other threads that are active down.

-If you're going to write a federation, put some effort in it. Stuff with horrendous grammar and spelling and no punctuation will be deleted. So will posts that only have ten or so sentences. They are regarded as spam. If you don't put effort into writing, don't even bother.

-If you're tired of your current federation and want to start a new one or return to an older federation, your current one must have at least four regular shows and a Pay-Per-View. This is done to prevent threads that have one or two posts in it. If you don't follow this rule, you'll be forbidden to start a new federation or return to an old federation for two weeks. If you make a fed within two weeks of the first one closing or return to an old fed, will we lock your thread, and it will not be opened for ANOTHER two weeks. For example, if you leave your thread on the 1st of the month and then make another one on the 10th, we will lock your new thread until the 24th. Two weeks from the opening of your new thread, remember that folks! For those whos fed follow the 'DVD Format' your fed must have contained at least four chapters in order to bypass the two week rule.

- Posters are now allowed a second fed, providing they have proven their commitment to their first fed. Permission to start a second fed will be granted from the moderating team. We will not consider anyone whose fed has not lasted at least two pay-per-views, however, this does not guarantee we will say yes.

- Two feds at a time Max.

- If you have two running at the same time, both must be updated a minimum of every 30 days. If this is not maintained without valid reason, one will be closed (poster's choice as to which is closed).

- If you abandon a fed/fed gets closed/etc., then you must wait until gaining permission again to start another second fed.

-You can also have one additional non-Fed related story in addition to your federation. This non-Fed has a two week rule, meaning you wait two weeks from the last post to post a new one.

-You do not need to contact WMS or RT to close a thread for you if you're moving on to a new project. Just let it drop to the bottom. We will also no longer be cleaning old threads for you -- start a new thread. Also, we do NOT delete threads. We keep them around for historical value.

-Spotlight of the Month: this is currently decided by the Power 10 Rankings. The winner is given the dubious honor of being the Spotlight of the Month. That Fed will be stickied for the entire month with the added extension “Spotlight of the Month” added to the end of their Fed Title.

-No more "I'll be starting a fed soon" or "more to come soon". Start your fed with substance or it will be deleted. And then you’ll have to wait two weeks to start another one.

-Plagiarizing is a serious offence and anyone caught doing so will be banned without warning.

-Multi-Participation Threads are banned for the time being, they descend into chaos too quick and quite frankly too much time is spent modding them.

-DO NOT post reviews of reviews, arguing with every person who reviews you. If you would like, after a substantial period of time, to reply to all reviews together, fine. Mindless bumps will not be accepted.

-Please note that all your shows and PPVs must take place in your thread not on a website elsewhere. Everybody else can write it here, so can you.

- The 20 Questions thread is a Question and Answer interview-like thread for the members of Fan Fiction. The “next” person to participate in the thread is chosen by the current person being interviewed. Please do not post asking to be next. The person before you makes that decision.

- Please do not post "get on AIM/MSN/Yahoo." If you want them to do so, send them a Private Message or Rep asking so. There is no need to waste a post doing so.

- General Discussion is banned from Fan Fiction. It was great while it lasted, but it was abused too many times.

-NO EROTIC LITERATURE!

Finally, a harsh reality for people: WMS and RT are the last word on a subject in FF. If we ask you, or tell you, to do something, it isn't a debate. At least not on the forum. If you have a problem, IM or PM one of us, and we will gladly sort it out.

Thank you.
The Fan Fiction Moderating Team,
WMS & RT
See more
See less

NWA Resurrection

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NWA Resurrection

Sup Dub?

You had me at 5 Minutes Alone!

Love that opening paragraph. Great job of summarizing that first show with so few words. I need to do more of that. Each show should always start off with a "Last week on (Insert Fed Here)".

That was an excellent first show too. I couldn't get around to reviewing it, but I did indeed read it, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Whenever someone mentions MVP I remember the original MVP from the early days of Raw. He was a jobber with a baseball suit on, and a baseball painted over his face. This MVP seems to have popped up long after I stopped watching. I've seen pics, but I've never watched one of his matches so I'm not totally up do date on the guy. Not real sure who Strong is either to be honest. I'm still kind of catching up man.

Not a bad match. Nothing special though. Perhaps I would appreciate it more if I were more familiar with these guys, so this is my bad.

I'm noticing how you use your commentators to "sell" certain things, and I really like it. I'm totally taking notes because I have plans for commentary to play a big part in some of my future shows.

What is with everybody and the Tuesday Nights?

Just not real incredibly impressed with that Shelley promo. Not bad though. He's another guy I haven't seen much of. I've seen clips of his matches, but none of his promos yet, so I don't know if you nailed him or not really.

Aries vs Kenta started off slow with the summary, but that finish more than made up for it. That was awesome. I also love the involvement of Terry Funk. The guy is just a fucking legend of legends. If guys like Hogan and Nash had the mentality of Terry Funk(as far as helping out the future of the industry) Pro Wrestling would have been much more awesome than it was back in the day.

OH shit! Spit in his face? I don't like that. No sir, not one bit.

You went a little too far there dude, you don't spit in Terry Funk's face.

Fuck this thread.

Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 06-26-2012, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Here's a problem I've got. Aries fucking murdered Morrison, so if anyone who wrestled him afterwards didn't also murder him? They look like a complete bitch in comparison to Aries. So, by proxy, Galloway is a paper champion until Aries or KENTA take a swing at him. Also, Aries isn't that much bigger than Morrison, if anything he's smaller, so I can't quite picture him giving John Morrison a stalling suplex. So that's one thing.

The other weirdness is the little thing on night one with AJ and Shelley. What exactly did Shelley say to AJ that made him so sad? AJ's reaction wasn't "this guy insulted me and my ability," it was "Shelley's leaving me for another man." If anything, he should have murdered Roderick, taking out his anger and frustration at Shelley on Roderick. I dunno, maybe that's just me.

Other than those little two notes, I really like this project. The writing's good, the action's crisp. I'll keep this in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Crippler View Post
        Here's a problem I've got. Aries fucking murdered Morrison, so if anyone who wrestled him afterwards didn't also murder him? They look like a complete bitch in comparison to Aries. So, by proxy, Galloway is a paper champion until Aries or KENTA take a swing at him. Also, Aries isn't that much bigger than Morrison, if anything he's smaller, so I can't quite picture him giving John Morrison a stalling suplex. So that's one thing.

The other weirdness is the little thing on night one with AJ and Shelley. What exactly did Shelley say to AJ that made him so sad? AJ's reaction wasn't "this guy insulted me and my ability," it was "Shelley's leaving me for another man." If anything, he should have murdered Roderick, taking out his anger and frustration at Shelley on Roderick. I dunno, maybe that's just me.

Other than those little two notes, I really like this project. The writing's good, the action's crisp. I'll keep this in mind.
        1. The one problem with my match summaries is that they're so short, they don't give you all the action. I like to think that Aries had the better of Morrison for most of the match, not because Morrison is a bad wrestler, but because Aries had a fire in his belly and wanted to prove something which in the end was his downfall. The most important thing here was Morrison's resillience. I probably should have made note of Morrison having ring rust or something to help the story of the match a little bit.

2. JoMo is one athletic motherfucker. I believe he could take a stalling suplex from a smaller guy.

3. Shelley got into the mind of Styles by questioning whether he can be the 'man' in NWA, saying he failed when given the chance in TNA. Murdering Roderick is one way I could have went but I felt it made for a better story and match if I had AJ preoccupied with what Shelley said before ultimately finding his groove, and saying 'fuck this guy, I'm the best and I'll go prove it'.

Thanks for taking the time to read and leave some feedback, I appreciate it.
        Man of the world.

Comment

NWA: Resurrection presents Tuesday Night Showcase
          Tuesday June 12th, 2012 | Episode I
          George R. Brown Convention Center, Texas

Oooh, can you feel it comin?
          Move back his wrecking ball, reach through the package
          More violence he's coming, he's coming, he's coming
          More violent he's coming, I'm running, I'm running...
          -Kasabian "Switchblade Smiles"

We are treat to a hard hitting anthem courtesy of British rockers Kasabian introducing us to the inaugural edition of Tuesday Night Showcase, emanating from the George R. Brown Convention Center in Texas. "Switchblade Smiles" fades away and is replaced by the voices of Jim Ross and Paul Heyman who officially welcome us to NWA: Resurrection 'Tuesday Night Showcase' live on FOX Sports!

The night begins with NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Drew Galloway standing in the ring with his championship held high above his head. Drew celebrates his championship win, calling it the biggest night of his career thus far. The Scot ignores the circumstances in which he won the championship, instead focusing on the very fact he has the belt in his possession. Galloway compares himself to Braveheart, adding that he is a champion that his peers, the fans and the NWA can be proud of. Drew says he will be a fighting champion and that tonight he will have no problems defeating AJ Styles once again, to retain what is rightfully his. His victory speech is interrupted by a voice coming from the entrance ramp.

The voice belongs to John Bradshaw Layfield who soon joins the champion in the ring. Layfield calls Galloway ungrateful and reminds Drew and the audience of how he won that title. Galloway laughs off JBL's suggestions and says he didn't ask for his help. The champion claims that he would have won the belt regardless, and that Layfield can't prove otherwise. Layfield says he sees a lot of himself in Galloway and suggests that it would be smart business if the two became business partners. Layfield adds that Galloway would never have to worry about losing his championship belt if he had a man like John Bradshaw Layfield representing him. Galloway simply stares at JBL for a few moments before looking at his championship belt and announcing to both Layfield and the entire world that he is perfectly fine on his own. Galloway exits the ring leaving behind a slighly frustrated Layfield.

Alex Shelley graces the Texan crowd with his presence following the commercial break. Shelley cups his hand to his ears as he walks down to the ring, inviting the crowd to boo him. Shelley gains more boos when he informs us that he has took it upon himself to cancel his handicap match against Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne tonight. Shelley says that fines do not bother him, adding that the NWA's threat to suspend him is meaningless as the NWA would be fools to keep their biggest star away from television. The self proclaimed 'new star of NWA' reminds the audience of what he did to Jerry Lynn at Night II claiming that he did the organisation a favour by keeping a washed-up hasbeen like Jerry Lynn away from the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.

Shelley is interrupted by the team of Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne who don't seem to be pleased with Shelley's announcement that their match is cancelled. The two charge towards the ring, running towards Shelley's direction, but the 'New Star' thinks quickly, and rolls out of the ring and avoids Kingston and Bourne. Shelley laughs heartily as he walks away from the ring, tapping his head to suggest that he is smarter than both men. He turns to walk up the entrance ramp but turns into the direction of Jerry Lynn! The crowd roar with delight as Lynn appears from the entrance ramp and levels Shelley with a huge right hand, taking him to the floor. Lynn and Shelley fight on the floor with Lynn getting the upperhand until finally the fight is broken up by officials. Shelley has a burst lip and looks furious that Lynn has got the better of him on this occasion.

The NWA World Tag Team Champions are in action in the night's first match. Paul London and Brian Kendrick make short work of local talent Ryan Davidson and Steven Cody, embarrasing the two men with a series of dazzling moves. London hits Cody with a huge Mushroom Stomp before Kendrick puts the contest to bed with the Slicedbread #2, hooking the leg of Cody for an emphatic victory. The champions have little time to celebrate however, as The Briscoe Brother's make their way out to the ring, getting straight in the face of London and Kendrick.

Mark Briscoe gets straight to the point and says that he and his brother want a rematch for the titles. London and Kendrick mock the two and say that they'll have to earn it. Jay and Mark look ready for a fight and say they'll do whatever it takes to get another shot. This statement is met by the entrance music of Jimmy Jacobs and Christopher Daniels who make their way to the ring. Jacobs calls the brothers losers and warns the two to step aside and allow Daniels and Jacobs their shot. Jay Briscoe tells the two that they didn't take kindly to their post-match assault the other night, and before you know it a fight breaks out. London and Kendrick wisely roll out of the ring and escape to the back as The Briscoes go at it with Jacobs and Daniels in the ring! Jay and Mark get the better of the two men and clear the ring, sending out a message to both the champions and Jacobs and Daniels.

We are treat to a highlight video from Night II, with still pictures documenting Richie Steamboat's victory over PAC which secured NWA's win in the NWA vs. Japan Series. The main emphasis of the video is on the finish, with Richie winning via a small package, the very same move his father used to defeat Randy Savage at WrestleMania 3. Steamboat will make his Tuesday Night Showcase debut next week.

Candice Michelle is backstage with AJ Styles ahead of his main event championship rematch. Styles says he isn't one to sit and complain, so if Candice wanted an interview where he bemoans his loss and complains about JBL's interference than he is sorry to disappoint her. Styles says what matters is tonight, adding that Galloway was fortunate to get the better of him once, it won't happen again. AJ promises to walk out with the championship belt tonight, adding there is nothing Galloway, Layfield or anyone else can do about it.

In the second match of the night Roderick Strong went up against Justin Walker, a local wrestler from the area. Strong decimated his smaller opponent, torturing him with a series of backbreakers before locking in a Torture Rack. Strong released the hold just before Walker could submit, deciding to 'play' with his opponent and cause more harm. Strong finally puts Walker out of his misery, ending the bout with a devastating Gibson Driver. Strong celebrates his victory and tells the crowd after the match that he "isn't here to make up the numbers". Strong gives his opponent one more backbreaker after the match for the contest before exiting, with the crowd chanting his name in unison.

We return from commercials with the legendary Terry Funk standing in the middle of the ring. Funk looks quite emotional as 'Terry' chants fill the arena. Funk thanks the crowd for their kindness and recalls Austin Aries' behaviour at Flair for the Gold Night I and Night II. Funk questions whether Aries was trying to make a name for himself at his expense, before saying that his main gripe was that Aries' behaviour upset his family and spoilt their night. Funk asks Aries to come to the ring - not to apologise to Terry Funk but to apologise to his family.

Austin Aries makes his way to the ring, wearing a suit and tie as he joins Terry Funk in the ring. Aries looks remorseful before looking at Funk, and cracking up with laughter. Funk asks him what's funny before Aries responds, with a look of hatred and disgust now etched upon his face. Aries scolds Funk and says that Funk should apologise to him for costing him his shot at the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Aries claims that Funk has only himself to blame for upsetting his family, and that it is he that should apologise to his family for spoiling their night. Aries says he'd rather be fired immediately than apologise to a washed-up hasbeen like Terry Funk, branding him an 'apology of a man'.

Funk looks Aries square in the eyes before labelling him a coward. The crowd cheers as Funk blasts Aries, calling him disrespectful and a punk before challenging him to a fight, claiming he has 'no balls'. Aries gets riled up and goes to punch Funk, but Funk beats him to the punch, making him stagger back with a huge right hand. The two trade blows but the younger Aries soon gets on top and beats Funk into the corner. Before he can do any damage however, John Morrison rushes from the back and takes Aries out of the ring with a series of right hands and a huge leg lariat. Aries takes off backstage, furious he wasn't able to inflict any damage on Funk. Morrison helps Funk to his feet with the pair looking on in anger at Aries, who exits with his future up in the air.

The final match of the evening is the NWA World Heavyweight Championship rematch from Flair for the Gold Night II, with AJ Styles taking on champion Drew Galloway. The Texas crowd are fully behind Styles who responds with a breathtaking performance, going close on numerous occasions with Galloway saving his championship belt by getting his foot on the rope after Styles hit him with a stunning Pele Kick. Galloway shows plenty of fight, displaying just why he's champion nearly getting the win following a Northern Lights Suplex. Styles was able to kick out, and continued to perform valiantly, intent on walking out of the George R. Brown Convention Center with the championship belt.

Styles turns it up a notch, feeding off the crowd to gain energy just as he and Galloway began to tire. Styles reverses Galloway's Future Shock attempt, twisting and turning before kicking him in the gut, setting him up for Styles Clash. Galloway squirms and tries to block but it's too late as Styles hooks him in before drilling him into the canvas, the sound of Galloway's body thudding masked out by the cheers and gasps from the onlooking crowd. Styles flips Galloway over, and hooks the leg: One...Two...Thre-No!

The referee isn't able to count to three, as he finds himself on the floor outside. John Bradshaw Layfield is responsible, pulling the official out of the ring before drilling him in the face with a huge forearm. Layfield slides in the ring just as Styles gets to his feet, sweeping Styles down with a thunderous Clothesline From Hell! Galloway returns to his feet to see Layfield standing in front of him, the pair stare at each other for a moment with Galloway looking nervous, worried in case he was next in line for a Clothesline From Hell. A few more seconds pass and finally Galloway breaks out into a smile, with Layfield returning the smile. The two shake hands and embrace, with fans reacting furiously. Rubbish and beer cups are thrown in the two's direction, with the two men standing over the body of AJ Styles. Layfield reaches for a microphone and Galloway's championship belt, awarding the champion his belt before speaking into the microphone.

"Before you stands Drew Galloway, your NWA World Heavyweight Champion! And next to your champion stands noneother than John Bradshaw Layfield.... the official NWA Resurrection General Manager!"

With that bombshell, Tuesday Night Showcase goes off the air, the sound of boos and jeers ringing in our ears...

END TUESDAY NIGHT SHOWCASE
          Man of the world.

Comment

Tuesday June 19th, 2012 | Episode II

The George R. Brown Convention Center is once again our host as Kasabian's "Switchblade Smiles" is drowned out by a loud and buzzing Texan crowd, who are anticipating the second edition of Tuesday Night Showcase. Commentators Jim 'JR' Ross and Paul Heyman welcome us to the show, reminding us of the events that transpired during last week's broadcast. The duo are interrupted by the music of John Bradshaw Layfield, who revealed last week he had agreed to become NWA Resurrection's General Manager. The GM is accompanied by the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Drew Galloway who can't hide his delight at the position he is currently in.

Layfield reminds us of last week's main event, and his announcement that the company had chosen him to be their general manager. Layfield claims he will be a fair and admirable general manager, revealing that he will give AJ Styles another shot at the championship, if he is able to win his match later tonight. JBL says if AJ Styles manages to defeat the NWA World Tag Team Champions, Paul London and Brian Kendrick, then he will automatically get a championship shot against Drew Galloway at the next iPPV, 'A Fistful of Matches'.

Galloway is still smiling, going as far as applauding Layfield's decision. Layfield continues, and says that he has been discussing the NWA World Tag Team Championship situation with the champions, London and Kendrick, who he describes as 'two great characters'. Layfield says that together they have formed an innovative way of deciding the number one contenders to the title. He announces that at 'A Fistful of Matches', the Briscoe Brothers and the team of Jimmy Jacobs and Christopher Daniels will participate in the 'Three Stage Challenge' - a best out of three series, where the first two matches will be singles contest between respective members of each team, and if it is warranted a third match will see the two teams do battle in a tag team match contested in a fifteen-foot steel cage. The winner of the challenge will receive a title shot for the following iPPV. Layfield ends his announcement by saying that we will get a sneak peek of that match next as The Briscoes take on Jacobs and Daniels in a normal tag team bout.

The first match of the evening sees The Briscoe's take on Jimmy Jacobs and Christopher Daniels, just as Layfield had announced. Both teams look fired-up, with their iPPV encounter very much in their minds. The Briscoes start brightest with Jay testing the resolve of Daniels, following a beautiful reverse hurricunrana. Eventually Jacobs and Daniels force their way into the match-up with Jacobs going close following a double foot-stomp to the chest of Mark Briscoe. The match begins to pick up pace, with the fans feeling very much involved in a terrific opening contest.

Daniels goes for the Best Moonsault Ever, but misses as Mark rolls out of the way at the last split second. His brother Jay is occupied with Jimmy Jacobs on the outside, the pair fighting nearby the announce table where champions Londrick are sitting. Paul London takes off his headset and gets in the face of Jay Briscoe. This riles up the younger Briscoe, who lands a punch on the cocky champion, before being attacked by Jacobs who takes advantage of the distraction. The events on the outside have caught the attention of Mark Briscoe in the ring, leaving enough time for Daniels to return to his feet and cheap shot him from behind. Daniels wastes little time, and takes full advantage by lifting Mark back to his feet before delivering the Angel's Wings to score the pinfall.

London and Kendrick mockingly celebrate at ringside having got the better of the Briscoe's once again. Jacobs joins Daniels and celebrates the win in the ring with both Briscoe Brother's down and out, something they won't want a repeat of at 'A Fistful of Matches'.

Alex Shelley welcomes us to what he calls 'the newest and most-exciting segment in wrestling'. Shelley is standing in front of a huge plasma television, with a couple of stools nearby. He reveals to us that we are watching history unfold, welcoming us to the first edition of Shelley's Showcase. Shelley compares himself to Roddy Piper and Chris Jericho, who both had similar segments, claiming he is twice as talented as both men he mentioned. Shelley says before he goes ahead with the show, he'd like to give a special shout-out to John Bradshaw Layfield, who decided not to fine Shelley for not wrestling last week and was instead understanding of his situation. Shelley calls Layfield an 'upstanding member of society', declaring him to be a fine general manager.

Shelley reveals the first ever guest of Shelley's Showcase - Austin Aries! Aries comes out and shakes hands with Shelley and thanks him for the opportunity to be on the show. Aries reveals that John Bradshaw Layfield saved him from being suspended indefinitely, and thanks him for being an 'intelligent and thoughtful' general manager. The two men talk trash about their rivals for a while, coming to the agreement that the NWA would be a better place without washed-up has-beens like Terry Funk and Jerry Lynn, and without posing ass-kissers like John Morrison. The two continue to speak over the boos from the crowd until finally they are interrupted by John Morrison and Jerry Lynn who run down the entrance ramp and towards the ring!

The arrival of the two is met with huge cheers, as they take it to Aries and Shelley, quickly clearing the ring of the two. Aries and Shelley pick themselves up on the outside with Shelley infuriated. Shelley blasts the two men for ruining the first edition of his show, and challenges the two to face him and Austin Aries at 'A Fistful of Matches'. Lynn and Morrison waste little time in accepting, with Aries and Shelley staring them down from the outside.

Richie Steamboat made his television debut against local wrestler Mitch Baxter in the second match of the night. Steamboat received another favourable response from the crowd, which improved tenfold when he displayed a fantastic high-octane offence, proving too much for Baxter. Steamboat gave his opponent headaches, showing great speed and agility. Steamboat flattens Baxter with a huge crossbody, leaving Baxter dazed and confused. Steamboat surprisingly doesn't go for the pin, instead helping Baxter to his feet before rolling him up with a small package for the three count. Steamboat celebrates his first win, with JR at ringside giving him the moniker 'Mr. Small Package'.

Backstage, we see AJ Styles preparing for his main event match. Roderick Strong wishes him good luck, and Styles thanks him, looking slightly despondent. Styles goes back to his stretches as we are treat to a quick video promoting the next iPPV, 'A Fistful of Matches' with the video hyping the fact that the event will take place at the much bigger 'Toyota Center', which is also in Houston, Texas, just a five minute walk away from the George R. Brown Convention Center.

Tuesday Night Showcase's third contest saw Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne in action against local tag team Rick David and Joey Spector. Kingston and Bourne captured the imagination of the Texas crowd with their enthusiastic high-flying approach, coupled with a fantastic display of tag team wrestling. Kingston levelled Spector with Trouble in Paradise before making the tag out to Evan Bourne, who put the exclamation mark on their performance, nailing David with the Shooting Star Press, hooking the leg to give him and his partner the victory.

Post-match, Bourne and Kingston revealed that John Bradshaw Layfield had announced they would be apart of 'NWA vs. Japan Series II' at 'A Fistful of Matches', with the two voicing their excitement at being given the chance to showcase their talent against Japanese counterparts.

Backstage, Drew Galloway is about to step into a limousine but is stopped by Todd Grisham who asks Galloway if he'll be in attendance for the main event match. Galloway sniggers at Grisham's suggestion, and the champion says he knows the result for tonight already. Galloway says Londrick will dismantle Styles, and that he has no interest in staying around to watch. Galloway says he has an invitation to party at some of the biggest bars in Texas, who are all awaiting the arrival of the champion. Galloway tells Grisham to enjoy the main event before stepping into the limo, leaving him behind.

The final match of the night sees AJ Styles struggle against NWA World Tag Team Champions Paul London and Brian Kendrick who deny Styles the opportunity to put together a string of moves to gain momentum and turn the match in his favour. Styles shows glimpses of turning the match on it's head, dropping Kendrick with a step-up enziguri only to see London come in the ring and nail him with a dropsault, derailing any possible momentum. Kendrick looked to have the match won when he nailed Styles with Slicedbread #2 but Styles shocked the champions, putting his foot on the rope at the last split second! This got the cheer of the night and the crowd gained voice, rallying behind Styles as he tried to find a way back into things.

London and Kendrick were relentless however and Styles soon found himself laid out with another dropsault. London took to the top rope ready to end Styles' dream with the London Calling but he was distracted when Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe appeared, coming out of the crowd and into the sight of London. Kendrick was quick to notice this, running the ring apron before taking the two men down with a running. London lost his composure however, and Styles took advantage nailing London with a huge forearm, sending him flying down from the turnbuckle and crashing into the canvas. Styles still had enough energy to pick London up, hooking him in for a Styles Clash to secure the victory, defying the odds General Manager Layfield had stacked against him.

Kendrick comes back into the ring a second too late, furious The Briscoe's had cost him and London the match. Styles rolls out of the ring and celebrates with The Briscoe Brother's who have returned to their feet. The show goes off the air with Jay and Mark Briscoe raising the arms of a smiling AJ Styles who had truly earned himself an NWA World Heavyweight Championship match.

Man of the world.

Comment

Love this format for these two show Dub. I like the direction you are going with this, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading both shows.

Love this Morrison/Lynn vs Shelley/Aries fued.

JBL is a perfect fit for what you are doing with him as well.

You have done a tremendous job of building this up with only 4 shows man. I'm already stoked for your "Fistfull Of Matches" card. Expect a full review.

Comment

Tuesday June 26th, 2012 | Episode III

The third edition of Tuesday Night Showcase begins in usual fashion with the heavy tones of British rockers Kasabian fading out and replaced by the excited voices of commentary team Jim 'JR' Ross and Paul Heyman welcoming us from the home of Tuesday Night Showcase - the George R. Brown Convention Center! They quickly recap last week's show and in particular AJ Styles stunning win over the NWA World Tag Team Champions to secure a World Heavyweight Championship match. They are interrupted by a mixture of music and jeers, as a loud 'longhorn' signals the arrival of General Manager John Bradshaw Layfield.

Layfield is accompanied by the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Drew Galloway, the two practically being joined by the hip since Layfield's appointment as GM. Both men look miserable with Styles' victory last week clearly upsetting the two. Galloway recalls last week's main event, which he wasn't in attendance for, and claims that AJ Styles' win was tainted due to the Briscoe Brother's needlessly showing their faces. Galloway continues to complain about the circumstances which led to Styles' win and pleads with Layfield to reconsider Styles' title shot.

The General Manager looks at Galloway for a few moments before a smile appears on his face. Layfield says that Galloway has a valid point and officially rescinds AJ Styles' championship shot, on the grounds that he won it unfairly in the first place. Galloway beams with delight at the news, while the Texan crowd voice their displeasure at the decision. Layfield says that he is a fair man however, stressing the fact that he is an 'honourable and admirable' General Manager, and that AJ Styles will get one final chance to earn a championship opportunity in tonight's main event! Layfield announces the team of AJ Styles and the Briscoe Brother's will take on Drew Galloway and the NWA World Tag Team Champions, Londrick with Styles' title match on the line. If Styles and his team win, then it will be Drew Galloway versus AJ Styles for the title at 'A Fistful of Matches'. If he loses however, he can kiss his championship dreams goodbye.

Roderick Strong took on local talent Will Humphrey in the first match of the evening. Strong played with his opponent like a child with food, lifting Humphrey up before torturing him with an airplane spin finally dropping him on his knee, back-first with a brutal tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. That move could have earned Strong the win there and then, but the big man wasn't done, hoisting Humphrey up in the air before drilling him into the canvas with the Gibson Driver. Strong is finally satisfied, and hooks the leg of his opponent for an emphatic victory.

Post-match, Strong celebrates his victory with JR speculating that Strong may be apart of the NWA vs. Japan Series once again, commenting that he is in a good run of form, and you wouldn't bet against him losing anytime soon. Paul Heyman describes Strong as a thoroughbred with championship potential.

We return from commercials in time for the second match of the night with Richie Steamboat looking to make it two wins in a row, up against another local wrestler named Ryan Thunder. For the second week running, Steamboat impresses with the youngster running rings around his opponent, showcasing great pace and agility while doing so. Steamboat was one step ahead of Thunder for the entire match, punishing his opponent with chops to the chest before slamming him to the canvas with a chickenwing facebuster. Thunder was left dazed and confused as he attempted to return to his feet. Steamboat watched his opponent stagger before rolling him up with an inside cradle to get the three count.

Ross and Heyman rave about Steamboat and how he has the ability to pin his opponent down with a number of different variations. Ross says Richie has huge footsteps to follow but he's doing all the right things thus far. We get a final shot of Steamboat celebrating at ringside with fans, high-fiving a few of the younger fans at ringside.

Backstage, AJ Styles is with Jay and Mark Briscoe. The two brothers tell Styles not to get caught up in Layfield's bullshit, and to keep focused, adding that tonight they both have his back. Styles thanks the two and tells them he won't let Layfield get him down, saying that all he has in his mind is winning the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Styles says that tonight will bring him one step closer to realising that dream, and he's thankful he has the best tag team in the industry to help him along the way. The trio are interrupted by the NWA World Tag Team Champions, Paul London and Brian Kendrick.

Kendrick scoffs at the suggestion that the Briscoe's are the best tag team in the industry, asking Styles if he's colour blind. London tells Styles to look at the gold on his and Kendrick's shoulders, saying that this will be the closest he gets to a championship belt because tonight Londrick and Drew Galloway will crush his dreams. Styles gets up to his feet and into the face of London and Kendrick. The duo laugh before he is joined by Jay and Mark who also get to their feet. The laugh becomes a nervous laugh as London and Kendrick tell the three they'll see them in the ring before quickly exiting. Styles looks riled up, with London and Kendrick seemingly getting into his head before one of the biggest matches of his career.

The third match of the evening features Jerry Lynn and John Morrison taking on Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne with Lynn and Morrison looking to get some experience as a tag team ahead of their match against Austin Aries and Alex Shelley at 'A Fistful of Matches'. Kingston and Bourne meanwhile are looking to get as much match practice they can get ahead of their participation in the NWA vs. Japan Series II.

The four shake hands before the match, and the fans are treated to an exciting, quick-paced spectacle with all four men raring to perform. Kingston and Morrison trade blows, Morrison attempting a springboard but Kofi was wiser and was able to dodge Morrison's attempt before sending him flying out of the ring with a headscissors. Bourne thinks fast entering the ring, and springboarding off his partner's back towards the outside where he takes Morrison down with a plancha. Lynn enters the ring, and ducks Kofi's leg lariat attempt before nearly taking his head off with a discus clothesline. Lynn takes charge, and begins to pick up momentum but is derailed by a voice calling out from the entrance ramp.

"Hey old man Lynn, did you forget about us?"

The crowd yell and boo towards the entrance ramp where Alex Shelley and Austin Aries come into view. The two bask in the cold reception, slowly walking down towards the ring with Lynn watching their every move. The two see Evan Bourne returning to his feet after taking out Morrison, and quickly attack him with lefts and rights, kicking him on the floor until Jerry Lynn and Kofi Kingston rolled out of the ring and chased both men to the back before they could cause any proper damage. Shelley and Aries had achieved what they set out to do however, and had caused the match to come to an abrupt end with Lynn and Morrison losing through disqualification. John Morrison helps Bourne back on his feet as Lynn and Kingston return to ringside, with the four men as well as the crowd furious that Aries and Shelley had ruined an exciting and evenly matched contest.

John Bradshaw Layfield summons Richie Steamboat and Roderick Strong to his office. Layfield commends the two on their 'crucial' performance in the previous NWA vs. Japan Series and tells the two men that they will once again represent NWA in the next series at 'A Fistful of Matches'. Both stars thanks Layfield for the opportunity and tell him he won't be let down.

Backstage, Todd Grisham catches up with Austin Aries and Alex Shelley who try to make their exits, just minutes after sabotaging Jerry Lynn and John Morrison's tag team match. Aries blows off Grisham completely, jumping in his 4x4 car telling Shelley to hurry up and jump in. Shelley can't resist but speak into Grisham's microphone, and tells Grisham that him and Aries won't sit back and let NWA's future be written by the washed-up like Lynn, and the posers that create a false representation of real wrestlers, like Morrison. Shelley says him and Aries are going to rewrite the script and 'A Fistful of Matches' will mark the first chapter of the Shelley and Aries era, and a new dawn in professional wrestling.

It's main event time, and the team of AJ Styles, Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe take on the team of champions, Drew Galloway, Paul London and Brian Kendrick with a championship opportunity for AJ Styles on the line. Styles' team start the brighter, looking fired-up with the Briscoe's also wanting to prove they are just as good as the tag champions, if not better. Jay Briscoe took out some of his anger on the face of Paul London with a nasty leg lariat before sending him dizzy with a spinning electric chair drop. Styles looked on top of his game, and importantly didn't let the words of London and Kendrick earlier get to him.

Gradually the opposing team got into the swing of things, with Galloway determined not to let Styles get an opportunity at his championship. Galloway swept Mark Briscoe off his feet with a huge big boot, before catching an oncoming Jay Briscoe with a quick powerslam, showcasing both speed and power. Galloway showed qualities of being a great leader, as he urged London and Kendrick to follow his lead as the match raged on.

Styles' hopes began to look bleak, as the opposing team began to overpower him and the Briscoe's. Finally he saw an opening, propelling his own partner Jay Briscoe into Galloway and Kendrick on the ring apron knocking them both down. The two Briscoe's followed up with a breathtaking double suicide dive, taking down Galloway and Kendrick once again, leaving Paul London alone with AJ Styles in the ring. London got the better of Styles initially, hitting him down with a dropsault seemingly winding Styles and keeping him knocked down. London took to the top and went for London Calling but Styles rolled out the way! London saw it coming however landing on his feet, showing impressive agility! London turned but walked into a massive Pele Kick by Styles. Styles wasted little time in climbing the top turnbuckles, landing a huge Spiral Tap before hooking the leg of London to defy Layfield and Galloway for the second week running!

Styles got back to his feet and began celebrating his victory, but on the outside his two partners Jay and Mark Briscoe were blind-sighted, cheap-shotted from behind by Jimmy Jacobs and Christopher Daniels unbeknownst to Styles, in the ring. Daniels and Jacobs took advantage of the tired Briscoe Brothers, attacking them on the outside while Galloway and Kendrick re-entered the ring. Styles finally came to his senses but it was too late, he was left alone in the ring with his three opponents.

Styles rushed at Galloway but Kendrick tackled him down and started beating Styles with lefts and rights. Styles fought out, bettering Kendrick but Galloway joined in and the numbers games proved too much. Galloway helped London to his feet as Kendrick took Styles by the neck and planted him into the canvas with Slicedbread #2. Galloway barked orders at London who went to the top rope, delivering London Calling, winding Styles in the process. The beatdown elicited an uproar from the watching crowd, who voiced their anger at the scenes they were witnessing. Galloway put an end to the assault, levelling Styles with the Futue Shock before bending down and talking to his soon-to-be challenger, screaming in his face that he won't take his title away from him. Styles is out cold but Galloway continues to shout and scream at him.

Tuesday Night Showcase goes off the air with the NWA World Tag Team Champions, Londrick standing tall while the NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Drew Galloway continues to talk trash to a lifeless AJ Styles.....

Man of the world.

Comment

-June 29, 2012
                  -www.nwa-resurrection.com

VIVA LAS RESURRECTION

NWA board of directors today called a press conference to announce that NWA Resurrection will branch out of Texas for iPPV events only, beginning with the third iPPV event 'Fear and Loathing' which will take place from none other than Las Vegas!

The Smith Center in Las Vegas will play host to the third iPPV event entitled 'Fear and Loathing' with the company's figure, Steve Austin voicing his excitement ahead of the event.

"It was never our plan to stay exclusive to the Texas area. We always wanted to branch out but first we needed to test the waters," Austin said. "The response has been nothing short of fantastic thus far. It's been that great that our second iPPV has sold 10,000 tickets already which is nearly ten times the amount we had in the George R. Brown Convention Center for our first event.

"It's pretty obvious we're quickly attracting a wide fanbase and it's in both our best interests to make the most of that. That's why the decision to branch out with iPPV's became an easy and sudden decision to make."

Austin revealed several host cities had been in touch to try and host NWA Resurrection's iPPV's and that many agreements are already in place. Austin said himself and the board of directors couldn't look past Vegas for their first out-of-Texas event.

"Vegas was a no-brainer. The iPPV 'Fear and Loathing' ties in with Vegas, with the inspiration being Hunter S. Thompson's novel of the same name. We've got some pretty exciting plans for the event, I won't spoil anything but it's going to be an awesome show and we can't thank the guys at The Smith Center enough for letting us host our iPPV there."

Austin also said that there are no plans as of writing to move Tuesday Night Showcase from it's current location, with the company satisfied with it emanating from the George R. Brown Convention Center each week for the foreseeable future.
                  Man of the world.

Comment

Tuesday July 3rd, 2012 | Episode IV

Jim Ross and Paul Heyman welcome us to the fourth edition of Tuesday Night Showcase, struggling to talk over the noise coming from the 1,200 strong faithful in the George R. Brown Convention Center. Ross and Heyman recap last week's show with the main highlight being AJ Styles once again defying John Bradshaw Layfield and Drew Galloway to earn an NWA World Heavyweight Championship shot at 'A Fistful of Matches'. JR speculates whether the general manager will attempt to throw any other obstacles in the way of AJ Styles in the run-up to the iPPV.

The familiar music of John Bradshaw Layfield blasts over the personal announcement system, met with jeers and boos from the Texan crowd. The General Manager is once again accompanied by NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Drew Galloway. Layfield infuriates the crowd by claiming that AJ Styles still hasn't truly earned the opportunity to face Galloway for the championship, saying Styles wasn't able to pin Galloway and prove to both Layfield and the champion that he's worthy of a shot. The cocky Galloway proposes they give Styles one more chance to redeem himself in a handicap match against Galloway and Layfield in tonight's main event. Layfield smiles saying he loves the idea.

The two are interrupted by the theme music of AJ Styles who charges towards the ring. Styles says he has cleared every obstacle Layfield has so far but is sick of playing games. Styles brands the general manager as 'corrupt' and 'power hungry' which Galloway takes offence to. Galloway gets in the face of Styles who shoves Galloway before tackling him to the ground, and the two begin to brawl! Layfield calls out security who quickly split the two up, taking Styles out of the ring. Layfield is red-faced but takes great pleasure in telling Styles that the match tonight is a No Disqualifications match, and to make matters worse Layfield will fire anyone who attempts to help Styles. Layfield says Styles to get ready because tonight's match is his 'Last Chance Saloon'.

The first match of the evening features Paul London, Jay Briscoe and Jimmy Jacobs in three-way action. All three men shine in a fast-paced opening contest which is tainted when Christopher Daniels appears trying to distract Jay Briscoe. His plan backfires when Mark Briscoe rushes to the ring, nearly taking Daniels' head off with a stiff lariat. London takes advantage however, dropsaulting the distracted Briscoe into Jacobs sending Jacobs crashing out of the ring. Briscoe stumbles into the direction of London who sweeps him from behind with a German Suplex, bridging the pin for a successful three count! London rolls out of the ring and celebrates his win as officials seperate Mark Briscoe from Jimmy Jacobs and Christopher Daniels, with the feud between the two teams gaining even more momentum.

Alex Shelley and Austin Aries are in the ring for another edition of Shelley's Showcase. The two mock the crowd eliciting more boos and jeers, before Shelley reveals that this week's guest is none other than Terry Funk. The crowd cheer with approval when they hear the theme music of the legendary Funk, but their cheers soon return to boos as Aries and Shelley howl in laughter. Shelley calls the crowd gullible before Aries talks trash about Funk calling him a toothless, brainless has-been. Shelley and Aries trade insults directed at Funk until his theme music hits the personal announcement system once again.

Shelley and Aries freeze in horror, oblivious to what is happening. Their attention is diverted as Jerry Lynn and John Morrison come out of the crowd and hit the ring. Shelley and Aries rush at their opponents but are knocked down, Morrison connecting with the Chuck Kick to the side of Aries' head with Lynn knocking Shelley down and out of the ring with a leg lariat. Aries and Shelley scurry out of the ring and to the back with Lynn and Morrison standing tall in the ring, getting the better of their cocky opponents.

Richie Steamboat and Roderick Strong prepare for their participation in the NWA vs. Japan Series II by taking on local tag team Eddie Lennon and Kurt Hendrix. Steamboat and Strong win comfortably, even displaying some double-team maneuvers, displaying they are on the same page and both focused on helping NWA to a second win over their Japanese opponents at 'A Fistful of Matches'. The match concludes when Strong tags out to Steamboat, hitting a huge backbreaker on Hendrix, keeping Hendrix bent over his back while Steamboat came flying off the top with a leg drop. Hendrix sickeningly snapped back into the canvas allowing Steamboat to hook the leg for an emphatic victory. Steamboat and Strong shake hands after the match with JR announcing that they will find out their opponents in the coming week.

Backstage, Todd Grisham is standing by with the champion Drew Galloway. Grisham says that for the past two weeks AJ Styles has overcome the odds, and asks Galloway what makes him think that he can't do the unthinkable for a third time. Galloway patronizes Grisham, and reminds him and all of us of the stipulations, and stresses the fact that Styles was fortunate to win the past two weeks and won't be lucky enough to be fortunate on the third time of asking. Galloway ends the interview by declaring that he will never surrender the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.

The third match of the evening sees Brian Kendrick go up against Mark Briscoe and Christopher Daniels in a match showcasing the other members of the three tag teams that featured earlier in the night. Kendrick starts the better of the two men, tactically allowing them to fight between themselves before feeding on the scraps and as a result going close to victory in the early goings. The match doesn't go past five minutes however as Jimmy Jacobs and Jay Briscoe come spilling out of the backstage area onto the entrance ramp, brawling. This catches the attention of both their respective partners who soon join them on the ramp and we have a four-way brawl on our hands. Kendrick looks on bemused but delighted that his and London's potential opponents are tearing each apart before they even have the chance to face other for a shot at Londrick's titles.

We see a video promoting NWA Resurrection's third iPPV, 'Fear and Loathing', which will take place in Las Vegas, the first Resurrection event to take place out of Texas. The hype video highlights Vegas' night life and gambling culture, hinting that it may influence the event in some way.

In the main event AJ Styles battles with Drew Galloway and John Bradshaw Layfield. Styles starts off brighter, getting the better of Galloway causing a scare with a sunset flip, going close to a quick victory but Galloway managed to kick out before three. Styles couldn't capitalise from his impressive start with Layfield's tactics on the ring apron, leaving Styles at a disadvantage. Layfield showed no signs of wanting tagged into the match, instead being content to bark orders and instructions from the apron, taking pleasure in watching Galloway decimate Styles in the ring. Galloway set Styles up for the Future Shock looking to put the match to bed but Styles resisted, blocking the move and dropping Galloway over his shoulder. Galloway regrouped and went back on the attack, thwarting Styles' attempt to get back into the match with a huge big boot. Galloway picked up a fallen Styles, but before he could finish him off, Layfield pleaded to be tagged in to do the honour himself.

Galloway thought about it for a moment before throwing Styles to the ground and tagging Layfield into the match. Layfield pompously enters the ring, posing in front of the fans gaining him more boos. He laughed in delight before raising his arm signalling for the Clothesline From Hell. His attention was diverted however when a figure rushed out of the crowd, and swept Drew Galloway off the ring apron before leveling the champion with a huge right hand!

Shawn Michaels!

The crowd lose their minds as Shawn Michaels stares at Layfield from outside the ring. 'HBK' chants fill the George R. Brown Convention Center as Shawn Michaels steps into the ring with Layfield frozen in disbelief. Layfield looks around the arena in complete shock, as if he were standing face to face with a ghost. He snaps out of his shock and rushes towards Michaels only to be sent crashing down to the canvas with Sweet Chin Music! The Texan crowd roar with delight, unable to contain their ecstasy at the events unfolding in the ring. AJ Styles comes back to, in the ring and crawls towards Layfield hooking the leg to secure the victory! Galloway returns to his feet, unable to drag himself back in the ring in time.

The crowd's reaction to the pinfall dwarfs anything else heard so far. Shawn Michaels helps AJ Styles to his feet, raising his arm in the air as the fans voice their delight chanting 'This is awesome!'. Drew Galloway watches on from outside, horrified at what has transpired. Tuesday Night Showcase goes off the air with the image of Shawn Michaels and AJ Styles standing tall in the ring...

Man of the world.

Comment

Tuesday July 10th, 2012 | Episode V

Kasabian's introductory theme song is this week accompanied by a picture of black and white stills that recaps Shawn Michaels shocking appearance in last week's main event. The theme and pictures fade away and are replaced by the voices Jim Ross and Paul Heyman who welcome us to the final stop before 'A Fistful of Dollars' with the George R. Brown Convention Center coming into view. The camera pans around the modest venue, capturing shots of several Shawn Michaels related signs in the crowd. The roof nearly comes off the place when the Heartbreak Kid's infamous theme song blasts over the personal announcement system.

Shawn Michaels revels in the spotlight for a moment, almost overwhelmed by the reaction he is receiving. Finally it quietens down and Shawn is able to speak. He informs us that the Board of Directors aren't in the slightest bit impressed by John Bradshaw Layfield's partiality and unfairness towards AJ Styles and that he took it upon himself last week to stop Layfield from trying to screw over Styles once again. HBK adds that he has been sent here tonight to tell John Bradshaw Layfield that a contract signing will take place tonight between AJ Styles and Drew Galloway to confirm that a championship match will take place at 'A Fistful of Dollars' and if Layfield and Galloway don't comply, Layfield will be dismissed of his duties and Galloway will be forced to vacate his championship.

This bombshell brings out an irate John Bradshaw Layfield who is beside himself at the news. Layfield says that he will be in Galloway's corner for the championship match and that NWA's golden boy won't be able to beat the champion, even if it's what Micheals and the board want. Michaels counters by saying he will also be attending, and will be in the corner of the challenger AJ Styles to make sure that Layfield doesn't attempt anything. Layfield is incensed and the segment ends with both men in a face-off.

The first match of the evening features Roderick Strong and Richie Steamboat who face off against one another to 'up' their preparation for their respective matches at 'A Fistful of Dollars'. Jim Ross informs us that Roderick Strong will be representing NWA against New Japan Pro Wrestling's Low Ki, while NWA's Richie Steamboat will go one on one with Dragon Gate's Dragon Kid.

The two don't hold back in an enthralling opening contest. Steamboat goes close to a near fall in the first few minutes, giving Strong a tough time with his speed and agility. Strong works his way into the match as it goes on, catching Steamboat mid-springboard crossbody attempt, before punishing him with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. The move took the wind out of Steamboat, and allowed Strong to gain some momentum as he looked to try and put away his opponent. Steamboat proved to be relentless, with Strong finding it hard to keep the youngster down. Steamboat showed great adversity, not willing to give into any of the torturous holds applied by Strong.

Steamboat found an opening, working his way out of Strong's sleeper hold before punishing him with chops to the chest before a final mongolian chop around the head, leaving Strong staggering. Steamboat saw an opportunity, running the ropes before putting all of his body weight behind a huge dropkick that resulted in Strong flying out of the ring. Steamboat took a breather, looking slightly fatigued as a dazed Strong came back to his feet on the outside only to be taken back to the floor by an oncoming Steamboat who flew through the ropes to take his opponent down! The two men nastily crashed into the announce table with Steamboat hurting himself just as much as he hurt Strong. The two men ended up being counted out, only returning to their feet at the count of nine before failing to make it back into the ring at in time. The two tired competitors shook hands following the bout, with Jim Ross and Paul Heyman full of praise for the effort displayed by the two men ahead of 'A Fistful of Dollars'.

Backstage, Drew Galloway is absolutely furious concerning Shawn Michaels' announcement that Styles versus Galloway will go ahead at 'A Fistful of Dollars', saying that he will destroy Styles at the event and send out a message to the rest of the roster. John Bradshaw Layfield calms the champion down and says he has an idea for tonight. Galloway looks intrigued as the segment ends.

The second match of the evening sees Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne go head-to-head with The Briscoe Brothers, with both teams looking for a win to give them confidence going into their respective iPPV match-ups. Jim Ross reveals Kofi and Bourne will take on NOAH's team of KENTA and Naomichi Marafuji at 'A Fistful of Dollars' this Friday night.

Both teams impress with the fans being treat to an evenly matched, high octane contest. The Briscoe's look to have the advantage when Mark punishes Bourne with multiple throat thrusts before connecting with a leg lariat, but Bourne shows great grit and determination, kicking out and from there found enough momentum to make the tag to his partner. Kingston was full of energy, and leapt onto the ropes before coming off with a missile dropkick, taking down Mark Briscoe with ease, before springing back up and nailing Jay Briscoe on the ring apron with a flying forearm! Kingston turned around only to walk into a belly-to-back suplex by Mark Briscoe, who managed to gain a few seconds breathing time as well as derailing Kofi's momentum.

The match came to a conclusion when Jimmy Jacobs and Christopher Daniels came to ringside, armed with steel chairs. This caught the attention of Mark Briscoe who had returned to his feet. He tried to not let it faze him as he turned his attentions back to Kofi Kingston but Kingston surprised him with an inside cradle to get the three count! Briscoe burst out a second too late, with his brother Jay unable to arrive in time to break the pinfall. There was no time to celebrate or commiserate for either team however as Jacobs and Daniels slithered into the ring, before attacking the four men with steel chair shots. The two finally ended the reckless attack satisfied with their work, as Jacobs took a microphone from ringside. Jacobs said that he and Daniels were sick and tired of being overlooked, and that they won't continue to 'play games'. Christopher Daniels announces that this is just the beginning of their dominance in NWA Resurrection and that Friday Night, they will secure their championship opportunity.

Backstage, Shawn Michaels enters the dressing room of AJ Styles and the two shake hands. Michaels says he has been impressed with Styles' resilience and how his test of character has remained intact even with John Bradshaw Layfield doing everything in his power to try and break him down. Michaels tells Styles he is a great man as well as a great wrestler. Shawn promises that NWA and Styles will no longer be affected by Layfield's negligence and partiality. AJ thanks Shawn for watching his and the other guy's backs and says that he will make the most of the shot he's getting at 'A Fistful of Dollars'.

The third match of the evening sees Austin Aries up against Jerry Lynn. Lynn gets the better of his opponent in the early goings, which frustrates Aries. Aries keeps trying to build up an offence but each time he is denied by Lynn, who keeps firing back with lefts and rights before taking down Aries with a picture-perfect dropkick. Aries rolls out of the ring, kicking the steel steps nearby in frustration. Aries stares at Lynn in the ring before putting his hands on hips and shaking his head in disgust. Aries goes to roll back in the ring but thinks better of it and slowly walks up the entrance ramp. Lynn thinks about waiting in the ring, but wants to fight and instead rolls out of the ring and chases Aries only to stop in his tracks when Alex Shelley comes onto the entrance ramp, dragging a bloody and unconscious body behind him.

That body belongs to John Morrison. Lynn freezes before Aries turns back and goes to attack Lynn. Lynn fights back and the two trade blows but it becomes a 2-on-1 fight as Shelley leaves a battered Morrison and joins the fight. Aries and Shelley overpower Lynn and put the boots to him as he falls to the ground. The two men roll Lynn in the ring, with Aries hoisting Lynn up before nailing him into the canvas with a devastating Brainbuster! Shelley laughs at a fallen Lynn before running towards the ropes and hitting Lynn with a Lionsault, capping off a cowardly attack by the two men. Aries and Shelley celebrate together in the ring, having caused damage to both Lynn and Morrison just days ahead of their iPPV tag match.

Jim Ross and Paul Heyman plug 'A Fistful of Matches' available on iPPV this Friday night, July 13th. Ross says tickets are still on sale for the event at the Toyota Center, Houston, Texas with the event shaping up to be the event of the year. Paul Heyman runs through the card including the NWA vs. Japan Series II, the Three Stage Challenge that will determine a number one contender to the tag team championship as well as Jerry Lynn and John Morrison versus Austin Aries and Alex Shelley in a match stemming from a lack of respect shown from Aries and Shelley for some of pro-wrestling's greats. Finally, Jim Ross puts over the main event of the evening saying Drew Galloway will defend his NWA World Championship against AJ Styles with John Bradshaw Layfield and Shawn Michaels in the corner of each man. Ross reminds viewers that the iPPV is available for a small charge, and that it would be criminal to miss such fantastic action.

In the final segment of the night, AJ Styles and NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Drew Galloway are both out in the ring with Styles accompanied by Shawn Michaels and Galloway with John Bradshaw Layfield. Layfield shoots Michaels an evil stare before telling both men to take a seat at the table in front of them where they will see a contract. Layfield says Styles the challenger will sign first. Styles checks over the contract and seems happy, and asks Michaels to also read it for approval. Michaels scans through the contract and nods in approval - Styles wastes little time in signing his name on the dotted line and tells Galloway to sign his championship away. Galloway simply stares at Styles before going to sign his contract but he's disturbed as the NWA World Tag Team Champions hit the ring. Paul London and Brian Kendrick go straight for Shawn Michaels, with the two men attacking him to the floor. Styles goes for the save but he and Michaels soon find themselves on the receiving end of a 4-on-2 attack with Layfield joining the champions, delivering boots to the two men.

Layfield bellows with laughter as the George R. Brown Convention Center almost erupts with deafening boos. Layfield stands and admires his plan, happy that it has proved fruitful as London and Kendrick continue to attack the Heartbreak Kid. Galloway meanwhile busts open AJ Styles, delivering a big message to his challenger by signing the contract in AJ Styles' blood.

Tuesday Night Showcase goes off the air with Galloway holding both the bloodied contract and his NWA World Heavyweight Championship in the air, standing over a fallen AJ Styles and Shawn Michaels.

Last edited by WMS; 07-02-2012, 03:12 PM.
                      Man of the world.

Comment

-www.nwa-resurrection.com

||A Fistful of Matches||

|| NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match |||
                        Drew Galloway (C) w/John Bradshaw Layfield versus AJ Styles w/Shawn Michaels

|| Three Stage Challenge - Winners Become NWA World Tag Team Championship Number One Contenders ||
                        || STAGE ONE ||
                        Mark Briscoe versus Christopher Daniels
                        || STAGE TWO ||
                        Jay Briscoe versus Jimmy Jacobs
                        || STAGE THREE ||
                        The Briscoe Brothers versus Jimmy Jacobs and Christopher Daniels

||Grudge Match||
                        Austin Aries and Alex Shelley versus John Morrison and Jerry Lynn

||NWA v.s Japan Series II||
                        Roderick Strong (NWA) versus Low Ki (NJPW)
                        Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne (NWA) versus KENTA and Naomichi Marafuji (NOAH)
                        Richie Steamboat (NWA) versus Dragon Kid (Dragon Gate)

Man of the world.

Comment

||A Fistful of Matches||

|| Three Stage Challenge - Winners Become NWA World Tag Team Championship Number One Contenders ||
                          || STAGE ONE ||
                          || STAGE TWO ||
                          || STAGE THREE ||

||Grudge Match||

Richie Steamboat (NWA) versus Dragon Kid (Dragon Gate)(Time Limit Draw/Double DQ/No Contest)

This is going to be a sweet ass show. Can't wait to read it, especially Lynn/Morrison vs Shelley/Aeries, and the main event.

*clears throat*
                          Now, about those Anarchy Rulz predictions?

Comment

||A Fistful of Matches||

|| STAGE ONE ||
                            || STAGE TWO ||
                            || STAGE THREE ||

||Grudge Match||

Richie Steamboat (NWA) versus Dragon Kid (Dragon Gate)

Honestly, I am not a big fan of Drew Galloway and don't see what everyone else does in him. With that aside, I love the way that you are writing him. Maybe if WWE gave him a chance likes this, I'd possibly start to like him. Keep up the good work, WMS.

Comment

Here’s a few comments on not just your last show, but your fed as a whole. The first thing I notice is the way that the shows are done; I’ve looked around Fan Fic and noticed it’s not just you who is going for the quality of quantity. I like this a lot, very refreshing from the last time I was on here regularly. It’s easy on the eyes and enough information in the shows so that the reader can be hooked. I see that you gave Drew McIntyre the World Title, not too fond of the guy; however you’re making him a whole lot more entertaining than he ever has been in the WWE. I love the way AJ Styles has had to overcome a whole bunch of obstacles to finally get his opportunity, I’m guessing it still won’t be enough though as somehow McIntyre will retain. Maybe Shawn Michaels accidentally costing Styles the match, leading to a future match between the two?

I love the characters of Alex Shelley and Austin Aries that you have going, both are favourites of mine, especially Shelley so I love seeing them being used well in any fed. I also love the whole NWA vs. Japan series, gives it a real Indy feel, which I’m guessing you want the feel of the promotion to be. That’s it for the general comments of the fed so far, now I’ll leave you with some predictions for “A Fistful Of Matches”.

Drew Galloway vs. AJ Styles
                              Mark Briscoe vs. Christopher Daniels
                              Jay Briscoe vs. Jimmy Jacobs
                              The Briscoe Brothers vs. Jimmy Jacobs & Christopher Daniels
                              Austin Aries & Alex Shelley vs. John Morrison & Jerry Lynn
                              Roderick Strong vs. Low Ki
                              Kofi Kingston & Evan Bourne vs. KENTA & Naomichi Marafuji
                              Richie Steamboat vs. Dragon Kid
                              Thanks too Fresh Prince

Comment

Mass virility, has made me forget empathy
                                Dig your hole
                                It's what we're here for
                                To make you feel important
                                'cos you knew we were aborted
                                It's the same things that were saying all the time
                                They may be views, but they'll never be mine...
                                -The Cribs -'We Were Aborted'

NWA: Resurrection - A Fistful of Matches
                                Friday July 13, 2012
                                Toyota Center - Houston, Texas

The Crib's frontman Ryan Jarman's screaming vocals drown away and are replaced by the screams of excitement from almost 10,000 rabid Texan fans as a buzzing Toyota Center comes into view. We are treated to a panning camera shot of the arena, which seems gigantic in comparison to the modest George R. Brown Convention Center which hosted NWA's previous iPPV. The voices of Jim 'JR' Ross and Paul Heyman welcome us with the camera now fixed upon the announce team. Ross' voice resonates with passion and excitement with his colleague Paul Heyman also unable to contain himself. The two run through the events with such spontaneity, that it almost makes us forget they're professionals and not your average wrestling fan. Their conversation comes to an abrupt stop when The Alan Parsons Project's 'Sirius' roars over the personal announcement system, bringing the Toyota Center crowd to their feet. Richie Steamboat walks out to a huge reaction from the crowd, with the son of the legendary Ricky Steamboat having quickly gained a big crowd following due to a mixture of his impressive displays and his famous father. Steamboat looks to be having the time of his life, as he high fives a few young fans at ringside before taking his place in the ring.

Steamboat looks ready and focused, eager to give NWA a winning start to the NWA vs. Japan Series II. His opponent is Dragon Gate's high-flyer Dragon Kid, who comes running out from the entrance ramp, full of energy and just as eager to do his country good. Kid isn't well known by the American audience, but gets a decent enough reception as he poses on the turnbuckles, before impressively flipping backwards to the canvas, landing on his feet. Kid rips off a Dragon Gate vest, to show off his all green ring attire. Paul Heyman comments that it's ironic Richie Steamboat is facing Dragon Kid, giving he's the son of 'The Dragon', as the two men lock up and get the first match of the night underway!

Opening Match
                                NWA vs. Japan Series II Match 1
                                Richie Steamboat vs. Dragon Kid

Summary: Steamboat has impressed the NWA fans in his short time with his speed and agility, but Dragon Kid is on another planet as far as that area goes. Steamboat suffers in the early goings as Kid just has an answer for every move his opponent is throwing at him, seeming one step ahead of a stunned Steamboat. The NWA stalwart attempts an hurricunrana but Kid rolls through before catapulting Steamboat into the turnbuckles, nipping quickly back up to his feet to meet a dazed Steamboat with a reverse hurricunrana, keeping Steamboat's legs hooked in, going close to a quick three count. Steamboat burst out and returned to his feet, trying to slow down the speedy Dragon Kid but his opponent had other plans. Kid ducked the forearm attempt before running off the ropes and back towards Steamboat, sweeping him off his feet with a beautiful headscissors takedown before twisting mid-move and planting Steamboat's face into the canvas with a nasty tilt-a-whirl DDT. Kid hooked the leg looking optimistic but Steamboat got the arm up at 2-and-a-half with fans showing their delight that the match would continue, having quickly got into things.

The match was in danger of turning into the 'Dragon Kid Show' until Steamboat found an opening, ducking as Kid looked set to connect with a tiger feint kick. Dragon Kid landed back on his feet on the ring apron but was quickly sent hurling towards the floor outside, as Steamboat connected with a jawbreaker, crushing Kid's face into the ropes before sending him crashing backwards. Steamboat composed himself, catching his breath as Kid got back to his feet on the outside. Steamboat was instinctive throwing himself over the ropes before twisting in the air gracefully, finally landing on Kid and taking him to the floor. Steamboat slowly got back to his feet, but with the crowd on his side, he began to take control of the match and deal with the troublesome Dragon Kid.

Finish: The finish to an intense opening match-up comes around the ten minute mark: Steamboat gets the better of Kid, sending him crashing into the turnbuckles with a brutal counter to a headscissors attempt - Kid appeared to have just about connected the move but Steamboat was able to put the brakes on and instead dart his opponent into the turnbuckles. Steamboat took to the top rope, stalking his opponent waiting for Kid to return to his feet before soaring from the top, going for the crossbody. Kid ducked and rolled out of the way but Steamboat saw this out of the corner of his eye and was able to roll upon his landing and return to his feet, only to be met with a superkick attempt by Kid! Steamboat caught the left leg of Kid and smirked but his cockiness cost him as Kid connected with a step-up enziguri, using his right foot to smack Steamboat round the side of the head. Steamboat staggered backwards towards the turnbuckles, using the turnbuckles to keep himself propped up. Kid took advantage, following him over before quickly placing him on the top turnbuckles with his back facing the canvas. Kid immediately jumps on the shoulders of Steamboat before dragging him down towards the canvas with a top-rope reverse hurricunrana...

Steamboat avoided being drilled into the canvas with an exceptional counter, brilliantly using his momentum to roll through upon landing, avoiding impact and putting Kid into a pinning predicament: One...Two...Th-No! Kid breaks the pin, but Steamboat keeps a tight hold of Kid's waist before rolling backwards once more, dragging himself and Kid up before executing a huge German Suplex, bridging the pin: One...Two...Three! Yes!

Winner: Richie Steamboat (via Bridging German Suplex - pinfall)

Aftermath: Steamboat finally breaks the bridging pin, but doesn't immediately celebrate his win, flat out on the canvas exhausted by his efforts. Moments later, he returns to his feet with arm raised triumphantly before helping Dragon Kid to his feet. The two men shake hands after an explosive battle, with both men getting a standing ovation from a respectful crowd, full of appreciation for a fantastic opening match. We see one more shot of Steamboat, who celebrates opening the score for NWA.

Backstage, Todd Grisham is standing alongside Austin Aries and Alex Shelley. Shelley and Aries both look focused and full of intensity, as Grisham asks the duo for their thoughts ahead of their match against Lynn and Morrison later tonight. Aries takes the microphone first, once again wearing his 'Saviour of Pro-Wrestling' t-shirt, addressing the matter.

Austin Aries: "My thoughts? It's real simple Grisham. I'm going out there tonight, to fight for a cause. That cause is professional wrestling. Me and Alex Shelley here are becoming the last of a dying breed. Tonight, is all about changing that. What I'm thinking right now, is strategy. What way best am I going to take back what is ours? This is professional wrestling, it belongs to the Austin Aries, the Alex Shelley's of this business. I'll be damned if we're going to let it fall into the hands of the washed-up has-beens like Jerry Lynn, like Terry Funk who just don't know when their time is up. I'll be damned if we let this industry be tarnished by no-good punks like John Morrison who cares more about how he looks than how he wrestles. Well let me tell you something if you're listening to this Morrison you piece of crap, you put down your hair brush and make-up, and listen to a real wrestler for one second. I'm going to make it my duty that you don't have those pretty-boy looks to fall back upon, maybe then you'll concentrate on being a wrestler instead of a sex symbol."

Aries stops, with his partner Alex Shelley looking on intently. Shelley takes over from Aries, with fire in his eyes and plenty on his mind.

Alex Shelley: "You see Todd - on one side you have Austin Aries - the 'Saviour of Pro-wrestling' alongside the 'New Star of NWA', the 'Sexy Beast', the 'future of this industry', 'face for television', 'Mr. Charisma', 'Larger than Life', 'Talent on Loan from God', Alex Shelley and we represent all that is good with this industry, we are what professional wrestling is, and should always be about. Opposite these two greats stand John Morrison and Jerry Lynn, who are not only sleep-inducting, absent of charisma, mindless dullards but they also represent what is wrong with this business, as Austin has already pointed out. I want to let the whole world know, that Alex Shelley is a man who gets what he wants, when he wants and tonight you can say goodbye to your precious little heroes because a pair of real wrestlers are going to put an end to their facade, and return wrestling to its past greatness. You can quote me on that Tim…Todd, whatever."

Shelley puts emphasis on the word 'greatness' before finally ending his tirade. He and Aries walk off, having said all they needed to say, leaving behind Grisham as we segue to ringside ahead of the second match of the evening.

Jim Ross reminds us of Steamboat's victory over Dragon Kid, and how NWA are in the lead in the NWA vs. Japan Series II. Heyman interjects saying that the Japanese are more than talented enough to turn things round. The pair are interrupted by Ozzy Osbourne's 'I Don't Wanna Stop' which introduces the popular and energetic duo of Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston who sprint to the ring with huge smiles across their faces. The pair springboard from the ring apron into the ring and await their opponents, looking confident and showing no signs of pressure.

Twista's "Art & Life" replaces their theme and is met with a positive response from those who remember KENTA's impressive performances last month at Flair for the Gold Night I and II. KENTA is accompanied by his partner Naomichi Marufuji, with Paul Heyman educating us of the fact that the pair are as good as they come, having won some of the most coveted titles in Japan, both as singles and tag team performers. The two men enter the ring staring down their opponents for tonight, KENTA and Marufuji nod at their opponents as a sign of respect rather than shaking hands before the contest. KENTA and Kofi Kingston start things off as the bell rings and the second of three NWA versus Japan matches begins, with a jam-packed Toyota Center ready for another thrilling contest.

Second Match
                                NWA vs. Japan Series II Match 2 (1-0)
                                Kofi Kingston & Evan Bourne vs. Naomichi Marufuji & KENTA

Summary: KENTA stands out in the opening stages of the matches, looking the most impressive of the four men. Looking to continue his unbeaten streak in NWA, KENTA goes close in the early goings foiling Kingston's springboard attempt by catching him mid-air before punishing him with a scoop powerslam. KENTA continued the attack, displaying more aggression than he did in his two previous matches in the company. He whipped Kofi into his team's corner, attacking him with a barrage of chops and forearm strikes, leaving his opponent slumped in the corner. KENTA tagged in Marafuji, allowing the crowd their first glimpse of the star. Marufuji did not disappoint immediately causing Kingston trouble, nearly getting a quick pinfall with a big missile dropkick, connecting with the front of Kingston's face. Marufuji and KENTA attempted to bully their opponent but Kofi stunned Marufuji, twisting out of his capture suplex attempt, before nailing him with his finishing move, Trouble in Paradise! Kofi was too exhausted to make the pin but it did buy him enough time to crawl over to his corner and make the hot tag to Evan Bourne, who was raring to go.

Bourne turned the match on it's head, springboarding into the ring to take Marujuji down with a huge heel kick, before running to the ring apron and delivering a low dropkick to the knees of KENTA, sending him flying off the ring apron, smashing his face off the apron as he landed. Bourne was as full of desire as he was energy, waiting for Marufuji to return to his feet before snapping him into the canvas with a quick cradle suplex, Marufuji narrowly escaping before the count of three. Marufuji scrambled to his feet only to be taken back down by Bourne with a roundhouse kick. Bourne was blindsighted however, as KENTA came running into the ring, knocking him down with a flying forearm to put an end to his run of momentum.

Finish: The match spiraled out of control with all four men trading blows. Bourne and Marafuji found themselves brawling on the ring apron, while in the ring the legal men took their fight to the corner of the ring with Kingston getting the better of KENTA. Kofi continued on the offensive, knocking his opponent silly with lefts and rights, taking a couple of steps back before delivering a huge running kneelift to wind KENTA. Kofi placed KENTA on the top turnbuckles, hitting him with more lefts and rights before joining him on the top turnbuckle. Meanwhile, Bourne is able to knock Marufuji off the ring apron and to the ground. Bourne runs the ring apron before leaping off and targeting his opponent with a stunning Shooting Star Crossbody but Marufuji was able to move at the last split second, leaving Bourne to crash and burn.

Marufuji sighed in relief before seeing his partner was in peril. He rolled back into the ring before running across to attack Kingston, just in time to stop him from executing his superplex attempt. Marufuji chops and punches away at the back of Kingston before catching him in electric chair position, and moving him away from the turnbuckles. Marufuji shows great strength by continuing to keep Kingston lifted in the position as KENTA composes himself on the top rope, regaining his senses before flying from the top rope and into the direction of Kofi, connecting with a Doomsday Busaiku Knee Kick! The crowd voices their amazement at the move but the 'oohs' soon turn into groans of despair as Kingston lands nastily, thudding off the canvas with KENTA crashing alongside him. KENTA crawls over to his battered opponent, draping his arm over his chest prompting the referee to make the three count for an assertive victory.

Winners: KENTA & Naomichi Marufuji (via Doomsday Busaiku Knee Kick - pinfall)

Aftermath: Following the match Marufuji helped his partner to his feet but KENTA pushed him away and asked for a microphone from ringside. In broken English, KENTA declared himself worthy of a championship shot saying he has beat everyone in his path so far, and could beat anyone else in the company. KENTA says he will be watching AJ Styles and Drew Galloway closely tonight, and promises that the next time he comes to America, it will be to fight for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.

We are treat to a quick video package highlighting the feud between The Briscoe Brothers and the team of Jimmy Jacobs and Christopher Daniels that has been brewing the last few weeks as both teams aim to become the number one contenders to the NWA World Tag Team Championship. John Bradshaw Layfield's announcement of the Three Stage Challenge is recapped before the recap comes to an end, we see a shot of a steel cage hanging over the ring, ready to come into play if a third match is required. Brian Kendrick and Paul London, the tag champions, join Heyman and Ross at ringside and will be providing guest commentary for the challenge, as well as scouting their potential opponents with the winner of the challenge earning a title shot against Londrick at the next iPPV, Fear and Loathing.

The now four-men commentary team are interrupted by Walls of Jericho "The Haunted" signalling the arrival of Jimmy Jacobs and Christopher Daniels. The two men wear frowns upon their faces as they charge down to the ring, looking in disgust at the fans at ringside. They walk around the ring and to the commentary table where they exchange insults with London and Kendrick, with the champion's retorts being audible over the headsets. Jacobs stands at ringside as Daniels enters the ring waiting for his opponent.

Daniels wait is short as cheers echo around the arena in response to Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Gimme Back My Bullets" and seconds later out walks Mark Briscoe and his brother Jay Briscoe behind him. The two brothers look ready for action, with Mark Briscoe pointing at Daniels in the ring, before giving him a 'slit-throat' sign. The popular duo staredown Londrick at the commentary table with London and Kendrick referring to the brother's as 'dumb and dumber' putting them down on commentary as Mark joins Daniels in the ring, with Jay Briscoe waiting at ringside to keep an eye on Jimmy Jacobs. The two men in the ring trade insults, talking trash for a moment before Mark slaps the taste out of Daniels' mouth and the bell rings to signal the start of the match.

Third Match
                                Three Stage Challenge - Stage One
                                Christopher Daniels vs. Mark Briscoe

Summary: Daniels tries to take Briscoe down with a waist lock, but Briscoe slips out before wrestling Daniels to the ground, trying to lock in a quick headlock. Daniels escapes his grip, and the two men end up back on their feet with Daniels throwing Briscoes into the ropes, only for Briscoes to come rebounding back and catching a waiting Daniels with a swinging neckbreaker. Briscoe dictated the match from this point, punishing Daniels before going close to securing a lead in the three stage challenge courtesy of a fisherman buster with Daniels narrowly getting his arm up at two-and-three-quarters. Daniels looked on his feet, as Briscoe wailed on him with punches in the corner. His attention was diverted however by Jimmy Jacobs on the ring apron who was quickly dragged down by Mark Briscoe, which sparked a brawl between the two. Mark watched on as the referee called for officials to break up the fight, banning the two from ringside in the process. With the referee's back turned Daniels took advantage, salvaging the split second by delivering a low-blow to Mark Briscoe which would help create a turn-around in the match. Daniels started to control the pace of the match, going desperately close with a Reverse STO, stunned when Mark got his foot on the rope, denying an almost certain three count. Daniels looked the likelier of the two to get the win as the match neared the ten minute point.

Finish: Daniels goes for the kill, attempting to lock Mark in for the Angel's Wings but Mark blocks and is able to counter, throwing Daniels over his shoulder before staggering across the ring, trying to get a breather. Daniels picks himself back up and goes back on the attack, kicking Briscoe in the gut before nailing him with an impressive spin-out powerbomb, putting a quick end to his revival. Daniels signals that it's over as climbs the turnbuckles, taking time to talk trash to the tag team champions before leaping backwards with the Best Moonsault Ever, only to land sternum-first into the raised knees of Briscoe! Briscoe made the most of Daniels' time wasting as he returned to his feet and was able to then connect with his finishing move, the Mark-Out to put him and his brother Jay 1-0 up in the Three Stage Challenge, needing only one more win to get a shot at the titles.

Winner: Mark Briscoe (via Mark-Out - pinfall)

Aftermath: Mark rolls out of the ring, holding his back showing signs of of a tough and grueling match-up. He goes straight to the back to see his brother Jay and give him some last minute advice, wasting no time to celebrate. Daniels finally comes back to in the ring, infuriated he put his team at a disadvantage in the series, putting huge pressure on his partner Jimmy Jacobs to win the next match and take it to a third match that would be contested under the fifteen-foot steel cage.

Backstage, the beautiful Candice Michelle is standing by with Jerry Lynn and John Morrison. Candice thanks the two men for joining her at this time, before asking them for their thoughts ahead of their match with Austin Aries and Alex Shelley, a little later tonight. Jerry Lynn answers her, calm and collected in his answer.

Jerry Lynn: "I've spent most of my life in this business and I've seen a lot of loudmouths come and go, some talented; some not so talented. Alex Shelley and Austin Aries have bags of talent, I'd be lying if I said otherwise but one think they lack is respect Candice. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you have zero respect, in the end it's going to bite you on the ass. My partner for tonight John Morrison is a fine example of a guy with as much respect as he has talent."

John Morrison: "I can actually relate with Aries and Shelley as I was very much the same way when I first started in the business. I was a young punk, who barely had respect for myself, never mind anyone else, but I'm proud to say I'm a different man today. I'm not going to get preachy, that ain't me but if Aries and Shelley aren't willing to listen, then me and Jerry will just do things the old-fashioned way, and teach them with a beating."

Jerry Lynn: "And tonight, there's going to be a beating. This ain't going to be no normal wrestling match, I personally can't wait to get my hands on Aries and Shelley. The time for talking has come and gone, now it's time to fight."

Lynn looks intense as he walks off with Morrison following on, the two men clearly sick of talking, and wanting nothing more than to shut up Aries and Shelley. Candice takes us back to ringside where Jay Briscoe and Jimmy Jacobs have returned to the ring ready for the second, and perhaps final match of the Three Stage Challenge.

Jay Briscoe and Jimmy Jacobs pace around the ring moments away from the second match in the Three Stage Challenge. Jim Ross reminds us that The Briscoe's are 1-0 up in the challenge, and if they win this match they win the challenge, and a third match won't be needed, meaning the steel cage won't come into play. Paul London and Brian Kendrick say that they haven't been impressed with what they have seen so far, and say it doesn't matter which teams win because they're both resigned to the same fate - losing to the best team in the business. Back in the ring, Jacobs and Briscoe finally lock up and the bell rings.

Fourth Match
                                Three Stage Challenge - Stage Two
                                Jimmy Jacobs vs. Jay Briscoe

Summary: Jimmy Jacobs starts the better of the two men, desperate to keep his team in title contention. Jacobs beats away at Briscoe, whipping him into the corner before hitting him with a huge running dropkick. before taking his opponent down with a snap suplex. Jacobs was like a man possessed as he controlled the early goings, hitting Briscoe with a number of his signature moves but Jay wouldn't stop down. Jacobs started to feel frustrated, arguing with the official after Briscoe managed to get the arm up before the three following a nasty release powerbomb, delivered with all of Jacobs' might and force. Jacobs went to the top rope, before launching himself off going for a senton but Jay rolled out of the way at the last split second, leaving Jacobs to crash and burn.

Briscoe makes the most of his opportunity to get himself back into the match, returning to his feet before Jacobs, before going on the offensive: nailing Jacobs with a flurry of kicks and chops before sweeping him off his feet with an arched big boot. Jay looked down at his opponent before picking him up and hoisting him onto his shoulders, taking a few steps back before connecting with a delightful Musclebuster, sending Jacobs cranium first into the canvas. Briscoe hooked the leg, confident it was worthy of a three, only to be shocked when Jacobs was able to get his arm up a millisecond before three. Jay started to get a little hot-headed now as he looked to hit one more big move to secure the victory for him and his big brother.

Finish: Both men upped the pace in the final few minutes as the match reached it's conclusion, full of near falls and reversals. Jay went for the Jay Driller but Jacobs countered, before hooking Briscoe's neck looking for the Contra Code. Jacobs was able to set off but Briscoe countered, darting Jacobs into the turnbuckles before rolling him up from behind: One...Two...Th-No! Jacobs bursts out and scrambles back to his feet but Jay is too fast for him, and tricks him with an inside cradle: One...Two...Thr-No! Jacobs survives once again, kicking out and returning to his feet, more hesitant this time. He charges back at Jay with a clothesline but Jay ducks before kicking Jacobs in the gut, and going for the Jay Driller - no! Jacobs reverses, blocking the move before sweeping Jay's legs from underneath him and going for a bridged pin: One...Two...Thre-No! Jay shows amazing strength and adversity, bridging out before returning to his feet to kick Jacobs in the gut once more before finally executing the Jay Driller! One...Two...Three! The Briscoe Brothers earn a championship match against Londrick, needing just two matches to win the Three Stage Challenge.

Winner: Jay Briscoe - (via Jay Driller pinfall)

Aftermath: Jay Briscoe doesn't even get time to celebrate his victory as the tag team champions, Paul London and Brian Kendrick come slithering in the ring, and attack one-half of their future challengers, stamping on him as he lies exhausted on the floor. Jimmy Jacobs crawls out of the ring, and cowers backstage while Brian Kendrick signals for the cage to come down. The cage is already half-way down as he makes the signal, with Ross fuming at ringside saying the champions have had this attack planned, calling them 'conniving'. The cage comes all the way down just as Mark Briscoe rushes from backstage to try and aid his younger brother.

Brian Kendrick attacks Jay Briscoe in the ring, hitting him with Slicedbread #2, as Paul London taunts Mark Briscoe from inside the cage, telling him they're going to decimate his 'baby brother'. Mark Briscoe has heard enough and he begins to climb the cage, full of rage. He barely makes it over the cage before he's attacked with London and Kendrick waiting for him, like a pack of wolves. The two climb the cage and meet Briscoe half-way attacking him with punches and kicks as he was perched half-way over the cage. The two drag Mark over the cage before throwing him from the top all the way down to the canvas where he falls on-top of an already beaten and bruised Jay Briscoe. The tag champions pose on top of the cage, as the Toyota Center erupts in boos. London isn't done with the attack as he tip toes across the ropes, using the cage to support him as he makes his way to the top turnbuckle. He smiles sadistically before launching himself from the top turnbuckle connecting with the London Calling, connecting with both men. He helps himself back up immediately and rejoins Kendrick who is sitting on the cage, shouting abuse at an irate Texas crowd. We see one final shot of London and Kendrick posing with their tag team champions, high above their fallen soon-to-be challengers. Jim Ross blasts the champions, scolding them for their heinous act and labels them 'thugs' as we go to a video package hyping tonight's championship main event between Drew Galloway and AJ Styles.

The video package comes to an end, and we return to ringside at the Toyota Center. JR recalls the events that just transpired with Paul Heyman saying the Briscoe Brother's won't take to it lightly, saying the feud between the two teams could shake the foundations of NWA Resurrection. Their interchange is interrupted by Pantera's "5 Minutes Alone" which welcomes out Roderick Strong. Strong walks onto the entrance ramp, pausing momentarily to take in the 10,000 cheering fans in the Toyota Center. Strong doesn't look intimidated, not losing his focus as he charges toward the ring with the knowledge that this match will determine the winner of the NWA vs. Japan Series II.

Standing in his way is Low Ki, who is met with a warm response from sections of the crowd familiar with one of the hardest hitters in professional wrestling today. 50 Cent and Tupac's "Realist Killers" introduces Low Ki who appears devoid of any emotion. He snarls at fans ringside who try to high five him, before finally entering the ring and going toe-to-toe with Strong. Ki simply stares at Strong who to his credit doesn't appear to be intimidated by Ki's tactics. The two slap hands rather than shake before locking up, the bell ringing and the deciding Series II match underway.

Fifth Match
                                NWA vs. Japan Series II Match 3 (1-1)
                                Roderick Strong vs. Low Ki

Summary: Low Ki is synonymous with stiff strikes, and this match was no different as he tortured Strong from the start with a number of strikes, using his 'educated' kicks to his advantage. Ki targeted the knees of Strong, kicking away with his game plan being if he works on the knees, Strong won't be able to have the strength in his legs to utilize the variety of back-breakers he is famed for. Strong replies with chops to the chest but Ki chops back, faster and more powerful before going right back to the legs, connecting with a straight kick to the right calf of Strong. Strong winced in pain with Ki taking full advantage, repeatedly kicking another three times until finally Strong dropped to one knee. Ki sized his opponent up, before kicking him right in the chest. Strong screamed in pain as he tried to get back to his feet but Ki came back at him, with more kicks. Ki went for a huge roundhouse kick to the midsection but Strong saw it coming, and for the first time in the match was able to block. Ki dealt with it impressively however, hitting Strong with a Mongolian chop, sending him staggering and releasing Ki's leg from his grip. Ki took advantage, Irish whipping Strong into the opposite corner, not giving him a second to recover before rushing at him with a cartwheel and connecting with a jumping elbow while mid-air. Strong slumped in the corner with Ki standing over his fallen opponent, roaring in satisfaction.

Finally, Strong caught Ki out. Ki went for a springboard roundhouse kick but Strong displayed fantastic strength, catching Ki by his leg and hoisting him up. Strong's legs buckled slightly but he still managed to throw Ki over his head with a beautiful belly-to-belly suplex. Strong returned to his feet, limping slightly and showing signs of damage to his legs courtesy of Ki's offence. Strong bided his time, and with a careful methodical approach worked his way back into the match, and only moments later he was inches away from victory with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Strong once again grimaced after delivering the move, and his limp became more visible as the match weathered on.

Finish: The match upped in intensity as it continued, with Ki being able to execute a few more kicks to Strong's leg, with Strong's limping providing a bullseye for Ki to target. Strong was valiant however, fighting through the pain barrier and resisting all that Ki threw (or kicked) at him. Strong looked to be on his last legs as Ki connected with two huge straight kicks to the injured calf, bringing Strong down to both knees before one quick roundhouse kick to the chest, knocking him down completely. The combination of kicks look to have finally tired Strong out as Ki climbed to the top turnbuckle. Ki let out a howl before leaping from the top, looking to connect with the Warrior's Way, but Strong rolled out of the way at the last split second! Ki landed awkwardly on his ankles, wincing in pain upon impact. He limped into the path of Strong who had now returned to his feet. Strong kicked Ki in the gut before setting him up for the Gibson Driver, to try and get the win for NWA, but his legs buckled half-way through lifting Ki up and he was unable to execute the move, dropping down to one knee with the earlier damage to his leg proving too much for him. Ki slipped out of Strong's hold and took advantage of Strong's fallen position, mounting him from behind before locking in the Dragon Clutch! Strong was left trapped in the middle of the ring, with nowhere to go he has no other choice... Strong taps out! Low Ki makes it a 2-1 victory for Japan in the NWA vs. Japan Series II.

Winner: Low Ki (via Dragon Clutch - submission)

Aftermath: Ki immediately relinquishes the hold, celebrating his win while hobbling around the ring. He waits for Strong to return to his feet, with the two men limping towards one another, showing signs of the absolute battle they had contested. Ki offers his hand as a sign of respect and Strong complies. Ki leaves the ring, his mission accomplished while Strong looks on despondently.

We see a split-screen of champion and challenger ahead of tonight's main event match-up. Drew Galloway and John Bradshaw Layfield are both sat in silence with Drew taping up his wrists, staring at Layfield who looks a million miles away, deep in thought. AJ Styles and Shawn Michaels meanwhile are deep in conversation, with Michaels sharing some words of advice with Styles. Styles nods along, looking to be fully appreciative of the fact he has a legend in his corner, rooting for him. The split-screen ends, with the contrast abundantly clear for all to see.

At ringside, Jim Ross and Paul Heyman are full of excitement as the penultimate match of the evening is upon us. Silence greets the Toyota Center for a mere moment before the sound of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club's "Weapon of Choice" introducing Alex Shelley, who walks onto the entrance ramp looking smug as the arena fills with boos and jeers aimed at his direction. Shelley pauses on the entrance ramp and waits for his partner as his music is replaced by Marylin Manson's "Personal Jesus" which welcomes out Austin Aries, who is equally as unpopular as his partner. The two men walk down to the ring, Shelley sporting a shit-eating grin while Aries looks indifferent. They take their place in the ring, with Shelley appearing to share a joke to Aries who doesn't budge or change facial expressions.

Fear Factory's "Replica" blasts over the personal announcement system with the fans voicing their appreciation for Jerry Lynn and John Morrison, who come out united. The duo don't care about entrances, they've came to fight and to finally shut up the pairing of Aries and Shelley. They hit the ring, with the heel team immediately getting in their faces. Lynn and Morrison keep calm and take their corner as Shelley and Aries talk trash in their direction. The referee signals the start of the match with Austin Aries and John Morrison starting for their teams respectively. The bell rings.

Sixth Match
                                Jerry Lynn & John Morrison vs. Austin Aries & Alex Shelley

Summary: Aries and Morrison fly into the lock-up with Aries quickly gaining the upper hand, getting his opponent in a front face lock. Morrison showed great strength, forcing Aries into the ropes before slipping out of the face lock, moving behind Aries and catching him with a roll-up for a quick two count. Aries cautiously returns to his feet before locking up once more with Morrison, but Morrison is too quick for his opponent, dropping out of the lock up before whipping Aries into the ropes and sweeping him off his feet with a big leg lariat. Morrison doesn't take a second to rest or admire his work, instead returning to the attack, trying to wear down a restless Aries. Aries works his way back to his feet and tries to work out of Morrison's chinlock, but Morrison is one step forward, dropping back before catching Aries with a backslide for another quick count. Aries scrambles to his feet and tags out to Shelley who tries to tame a motivated Morrison.

Shelley and Aries finally work their way into the match, Shelley proving too slippery for Morrison to handle, catching him with a rake to the eye to gain an unfair disadvantage before opportunistically hitting him with a hip toss followed by a stiff dropkick to the back, making sure to keep him over in his and Aries corner, to try and tactically take him out of the match. Aries tagged in with the advantage now on his side, bullying Morrison with stiff shots before hitting him with a huge spinebuster, which only got him a two count. The quick tags continued until finally Morrison took advantage of Shelley's lapse in concentration, wrestling his way out of Shelley's hold before leveling him with a mule kick to the jaw, sending Shelley staggering back, giving enough time for Morrison to make the hot tag to Jerry Lynn who was full of fire and made the most of being the fresh man as he entered the match-up.

Lynn swept Shelley back down with a huge dropkick before knocking Aries off the apron with a flying forearm. Lynn turned around, ducking a lariat attempt by Shelley before connecting with a huge swinging neckbreaker. Shelley returned to his feet once more with Lynn more than ready for him as he connected with a huge tornado DDT. Lynn hooked the leg but Shelley budged out before three. Lynn dragged Shelley up before connecting with three huge chops across his chest, leaving a huge red hand print on Shelley's chest. Lynn went for a big forearm to knock Shelley down, but just as he sized him up, Austin Aries rushed the ring taking out Lynn with a massive Yakuza Kick, clearly agitated by Lynn hitting him off the apron moments earlier. Aries took his place back on the ring apron as both Lynn and Shelley rested on the canvas, with the match very much a stalemate.

Finish: Shelley and Lynn were once again the legal men as the matched entered it's concluding stages. Shelley attempted Slicedbread #2 but Lynn countered, throwing Shelley over his shoulder however Shelley landed on his feet gracefully before taking Lynn down with a lungblower. Shelley ran the ropes before springboarding off with a Lionsault attempt, only for Morrison to re-enter the ring and drag Lynn out of the way. Shelley landed on his feet once again, mockingly bowing before the audience only to have his head nearly taken off his shoulders as Morrison connected with the Flying Chuck Kick. The match broke out of control as Aries re-entered, clubbing Morrison from behind with a huge clothesline, knocking him to the floor. Lynn started to stir, and Aries aimed to take advantage, dragging Lynn back up before blasting him with lefts and rights. Aries worked behind Lynn and went for a German but Lynn put on the brakes, attempting to block Aries from connecting.

Alex Shelley came back to, with Aries showing great strength to keep Lynn restrained. Lynn tries to fight out but Aries gets him back in position for a German Suplex, as Lynn tries to elbow his way out of it. Shelley sees the situation and lines up a superkick but at the last split second Lynn wriggled free, ducking the kick, leaving Shelley's raised right boot to connect with the chin of Austin Aries. Shelley looked down at Aries for a split second before turning around to Lynn. Lynn tried to roll-up Shelley for a pin but Shelley blocked and delivered a hard kick to the chest of Lynn. Shelley laughed in the face of Lynn as he dragged him back up to his feet, locking him in about to connect with Shellshock but John Morrison returned to his feet, hitting a superkick of his own to the face of Shelley who fell into the hands of Lynn. Lynn was groggy but he had enough left in the tank to finish Shelley off, connecting with a sickening Cradle Piledriver before hooking the leg for a victory that got all of the Toyota Center on their feet cheering.

Winners: Jerry Lynn & John Morrison (via Cradle Piledriver - pinfall)

Aftermath: Lynn and Morrison celebrate their win, embracing before holding one another's arms high in front of an appreciative Texas crowd. The two leave united, heading to the back after a fantastic performance and a win to match. Austin Aries comes back to and drags Alex Shelley back to his feet. The two are groggy but get in a shouting match with Austin Aries furious, blaming Shelley for the loss. Shelley laughs in disbelief with Aries screaming in his face "this is no joke, it's no laughing matter," before shoving him hard causing Shelley to land square on his ass. Shelley looks up furious as Aries leaves him behind, walking up the entrance ramp as Shelley looks on. Shelley picks himself up, looking rather embarrassed as Jim Ross speculates it's the last we've seen of Shelley and Aries as a partnership.

A video airs to promote next month’s iPPV entitled Fear and Loathing, which will be the first NWA: Resurrection event to take place outside of Texas. The Las Vegas show is promoted heavily in the video with many of NWA’s stars featuring in the video, showing them at some of Vegas’ most notable spots. Londrick and The Briscoes are brawling outside the MGM arena, while Richie Steamboat is seen taking flight off a blackjack table onto a host of security officials at Caesar’s Palace. Finally we see a smiling John Bradshaw Layfield at a roulette table, cigar in mouth as he watches a ball spin around the table. The table fades away into a still image promoting the event: ‘NWA Resurrection presents Fear and Loathing – Las Vegas – August 17 only on iPPV!’ as a voiceover proclaims that NWA takes over Vegas for one night only.

Ross and Heyman discuss Fear and Loathing and question who will be the World Heavyweight Champion going into Vegas. A tale of the tape shows both men’s stats going into the main event match, with the discussion now moving onto the men accompanying each man – John Bradshaw Layfield and Shawn Michaels. Layfield’s reign as general manager is mentioned, with Ross fearing that Layfield may have an ace up his sleeve “no pun intended,” as Heyman comments on the ‘main event’ feel that is surrounding the Toyota Center, moments away from the championship match-up.

The Toyota Center erupts in cheers as Fort Minor's "Remember the Name" hits the personal announcement system, and out walks AJ Styles, who appears to be impervious to the crowd reaction, instead full of focus and determination as he approaches the ring, with Shawn Michaels alongside him. The two men enter the ring, with Styles throwing off his hood and posing in front of the 10,000 strong crowd, all eagerly behind him. Shawn Michaels whispers a few words of advice in his ear as Styles awaits his opponent, ready for one of the biggest matches of his life.

Styles’ music comes to an abrupt end as he, Michaels and the rest of the crowd wait in anticipation for a few brief seconds until finally Sharman's Harvest's "Broken Dreams" bellows throughout the arena, signalling the arrival of NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Drew Galloway. Cheers are suddenly replaced by deafening boos as Galloway walks into sight, standing on the entrance ramp and looking to the heavens, before returning his sight to Styles, his challenger in the ring. Alongside Galloway is the brash, loud John Bradshaw Layfield who is telling everyone in earshot that ‘Galloway is King’. Galloway finally walks down the entrance ramp, and joins Styles in the ring. Layfield enters alongside him, shouting words of hatred at the direction of Styles and Michaels, who managed to keep calm and rise above Layfield’s tactics.

The two men are introduced separately, with Layfield and Michaels exiting the ring. Galloway kisses his championship before giving it to the official, as the arena chants the name of challenger AJ Styles in unison. Styles and Galloway stare at one another, before pacing around the ring and finally throwing themselves into a tie-up as the bell rings and our NWA World Heavyweight Championship main event gets underway!

Main Event
                                NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match
                                Drew Galloway (c) vs. AJ Styles

Summary: Galloway gets the better of Styles in the tie-up, forcing him down to the canvas but Styles didn't give in, taking solace from the crowd chanting his name, he showed great leg strength to work his way back to his feet and continue the tie-up. Galloway started to cave in with Styles getting the upper-hand, but the champion gained an advantage, kicking an unsuspecting Styles in the gut to break up the tie-up before shooting him into the ropes before knocking him down with a big overhead belly-to-belly suplex. Galloway grins, sweeping his hair out of his face as Layfield looks on in satisfaction. Galloway controls the early few minutes of the match, punishing Styles as he attempts to wear his challenger down. Galloway hoists Styles on his shoulders before hitting him with a fireman's carry flapjack, sending Styles face first into the canvas. The champion doesn't go for the pin, and instead takes advantage of the grounded Styles, by punishing him with a unique submission, digging his knee into his opponents back while stretching out both arms, working on the back and arms effectively. Styles grits his teeth in pain, but once again the crowd support wills him on and he is able to shuffle along the canvas and break the hold by stretching his leg onto the bottom rope. The crowd cheer but it is short lived as Galloway drags him to his feet and takes him down with a powerful snap suplex, which gets him a two count. The champion goes back to work on the challenger, while Shawn Michaels watches on, confident Styles will make a breakthrough.

Galloway has a real mean streak about him, as he attempts to nail Styles with a powerbomb, however Styles counters brilliantly, swiping Galloway down before bridging his legs and flipping over him, putting him in pinning predicament: One...Two...Th-No! Galloway bursts out and returns to his feet shocked that Styles nearly caught him out of nowhere. He tries to take his opponent back down with a big boot but Styles ducks before running the ropes, before connecting with a springboard moonsault assisted reverse DDT, floating over his stunned opponent before drilling Galloway into the canvas. The move takes a lot out of Styles who had been on the defensive all of the match, but it gained him enough time to get a breather and was the catalyst into helping him get a strong hold of the match-up.

Styles went close to victory in the next couple of minutes, as he put his foot on the gas and upped the tempo, taking it to the champion. Galloway's championship reign looked in danger as Styles caught the champion with a huge Discus Clothesline, with Galloway narrowly getting his arm up before three. Styles stalked his opponent before attempting the Styles Clash but Galloway wriggled out of the move before rolling out of the ring and to Layfield, with the two taking a tactical time-out, just as Styles had built a hot momentum. Layfield gave some advice to the champion, who caught his breath after being on the end of a series of high-impact moves from the impressive Styles. Galloway finally rolled back in the ring and into a tie-up as he tried to derail Styles' momentum and turn the match back into his favour.

The match neared the fifteen minute mark and was turning into an absolute battle, taking it's toll on both competitors. Galloway had the upper-hand after enduring a torrid time minutes earlier, and shot Styles into the rope about to meet him with a clothesline but Styles had the same idea, coming off the ropes with a flying forearm resulting in both men crashing into one another mid-maneuver, sending both crashing down to the canvas a la Rocky and Apollo in Rocky II. The referee starts the ten count, with both Layfield and Michaels looking on nervously at ringside.

One...Two...Three...Four...Five...

Six...Styles begins to stir....

Seven...as does Galloway...

Eight...Styles is back to his feet....

Nine...the champion is back to his feet also!

The two men stagger into each other's path and begin to trade blows, each desperate to get the upper-hand, as the fans at ringside watched on, heavily invested in a captivating evenly-contested championship bout.

Finish: A number of counters and near-falls filled the match as both men felt that they were only one big-move away from victory. Galloway once again had the match in his favour as he planted Styles with a Northern Lights Suplex. The move wasn't enough to keep a resilient challenger down, so Galloway took the fight to the corner of the ring, punishing Styles with chops and forearms before placing him on the top turnbuckle. Galloway joins him, right on the top, looking for a Superplex but Styles put the brakes on, blocking before punching away at the back of Galloway, finally sending him crashing down from the top turnbuckle to the canvas. Styles looked down at a fallen Galloway for a brief moment before seizing his chance...Spiral Tap! Styles bounces off the sternum of the champion, hurting himself slightly with the move before turning and hooking the leg of Galloway. Layfield is beside himself at ringside while Michaels, Styles and the 10,000 cheering supporters brace themselves in anticipation. The count is deafening: One...Two...Three!

No! Noooo! Galloway drapes his right leg over the bottom rope with Layfield the only man in the arena cheering in delight. 10,000 fans let out groans as Styles rolls away from the champion in disbelief. Galloway isn't going to give up this title without a fight. Styles returns to his feet with a groggy Galloway following. Styles takes one look at Galloway, sizing him up before going for the Pele Kick only to connect with the referee! Galloway uses the referee as a human shield, in an act of desperation with Styles nearly taking the officials head off his shoulders. Galloway crashes down to the canvas with the referee, exhausted but still in the match courtesy of some quick thinking.

General Manager Layfield sees his chance and rushes in the ring, meeting an unsuspecting Styles with a brutal Clothesline From Hell. Michaels rolls in the ring, and takes out a smirking Layfield with Sweet Chin Music, to huge cheers from the crowd! Michaels rolls Layfield out of the ring, and to the outside where he picks him up drags him backstage and away from ringside. Back in the ring, Galloway comes back to and sees both Styles and the referee down and out. Galloway looks around to see that Layfield and Michaels are both nowhere to be seen. He gets a smile on his face as the crowd boo in disgust. Galloway drags Styles to his feet, and hooks him in for the Future Shock DDT, with the referee now returning to his senses. Galloway connects with the move, drilling Style's skull into the canvas, before hooking the leg with the groggy referee using all of his energy to make the count: One...Two...Thre-No! Styles gets the arm up, to the chagrin of Galloway! Galloway is beside himself, almost tearing his hair out. He takes a second, before breathing heavily and composing himself.

He picks Styles up once again and declares to the world that 'this is it' - Future Shock...no! Styles counters, swiping the feet of Galloway. with a wild low kick to bring him down to both knees before twisting his arm, hooking it before flipping over and surprising him with the La Magistral Cradle: One...Two...Three! He's done it! Galloway can't escape in time and the Toyota Center nearly loses it's roof as the thousands in attendance scream and roar with delight. AJ Styles is your new NWA World Heavyweight Champion!

Winner (And new NWA World Heavyweight Champion!): AJ Styles (via La Magistral Cradle - pinfall)

Aftermath: Confetti rains down upon the Toyota Center as a physically and emotionally exhausted AJ Styles celebrates his championship win, clutching the championship belt into his chest, close to tears as the crowd voice their delight at the fact he has won the big one. Galloway is crestfallen, sitting dejectedly on the outside. Styles is alone in the ring, with his mentor Shawn Michaels choosing to watch on from the entrance ramp and allow Styles to have his big moment. Jim Ross and Paul Heyman thank us for joining them as the iPPV comes to an end with a lasting image of our new NWA World Heavyweight Champion, AJ Styles.
                                END A FISTFUL OF MATCHES

A FISTFUL OF MATCHES QUICK RESULTS

RECAP
                                Richie Steamboat defeated Dragon Kid
                                KENTA & Naomichi Marufuji defeated Kofi Kingston & Evan Bourne
                                Mark Briscoe defeated Christopher Daniels
                                Jay Briscoe defeated Jimmy Jacobs
                                Low Ki defeated Roderick Strong to give Japan the win in the NWA vs. Japan Series II (2-1)
                                Jerry Lynn & John Morrison defeated Austin Aries & Alex Shelley
                                AJ Styles defeated Drew Galloway to become the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion
                                Last edited by WMS; 07-09-2012, 01:00 PM.
                                Man of the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X