Announcement

Collapse

Fan Fiction Rules & Guidelines

THE RULES & GUIDELINES OF FAN FICTION

-There will be no flaming (insulting), spamming (making stupid, inane posts) and flame-baiting (luring someone into flaming you).

-You can't use deceased wrestlers. The only exception to this rule is if you're doing a federation that takes place in the 80s or something similar.

-Keep everything regarding your federation in one thread.

-There are three places where you can advertise a federation: in the thread of that federation, in your signature and in the Fed Thread. Nowhere else, if we find any advertising elsewhere, you will receive a warning for SPAM.

-Don't expect to get reviews from other people if you don't give reviews yourself. If you don't want any feedback to your shows, fine.

-Don't give feedback in the middle of a show. Posting in the middle of a show will result in deletion of your post and a warning for spam.

-You are not expected to leave a full on review of the show (though you can if you like). All you are required to do is to write a few comments with some substance behind them. This in no way shape or form means you can post one line reviews, they will be deleted and warned. So don’t post something like "Wow, great show! 9/10!".

-Even though it is creative writing, due to board rules we cannot allow racial and/or homophobic slurs/insults/etc. in your feds. This type of language will be warned immediately. And please note - racism is an automatic ban.

-Don't get mad when someone rips your show to pieces. Use the criticism in a positive way and use it to increase the quality of your federation. When someone insults you instead of giving good feedback, report that post to the Moderators.

-Don't bump your thread to the top if you've written nothing new in days. It just pushes other threads that are active down.

-If you're going to write a federation, put some effort in it. Stuff with horrendous grammar and spelling and no punctuation will be deleted. So will posts that only have ten or so sentences. They are regarded as spam. If you don't put effort into writing, don't even bother.

-If you're tired of your current federation and want to start a new one or return to an older federation, your current one must have at least four regular shows and a Pay-Per-View. This is done to prevent threads that have one or two posts in it. If you don't follow this rule, you'll be forbidden to start a new federation or return to an old federation for two weeks. If you make a fed within two weeks of the first one closing or return to an old fed, will we lock your thread, and it will not be opened for ANOTHER two weeks. For example, if you leave your thread on the 1st of the month and then make another one on the 10th, we will lock your new thread until the 24th. Two weeks from the opening of your new thread, remember that folks! For those whos fed follow the 'DVD Format' your fed must have contained at least four chapters in order to bypass the two week rule.

- Posters are now allowed a second fed, providing they have proven their commitment to their first fed. Permission to start a second fed will be granted from the moderating team. We will not consider anyone whose fed has not lasted at least two pay-per-views, however, this does not guarantee we will say yes.

- Two feds at a time Max.

- If you have two running at the same time, both must be updated a minimum of every 30 days. If this is not maintained without valid reason, one will be closed (poster's choice as to which is closed).

- If you abandon a fed/fed gets closed/etc., then you must wait until gaining permission again to start another second fed.

-You can also have one additional non-Fed related story in addition to your federation. This non-Fed has a two week rule, meaning you wait two weeks from the last post to post a new one.

-You do not need to contact WMS or RT to close a thread for you if you're moving on to a new project. Just let it drop to the bottom. We will also no longer be cleaning old threads for you -- start a new thread. Also, we do NOT delete threads. We keep them around for historical value.

-Spotlight of the Month: this is currently decided by the Power 10 Rankings. The winner is given the dubious honor of being the Spotlight of the Month. That Fed will be stickied for the entire month with the added extension “Spotlight of the Month” added to the end of their Fed Title.

-No more "I'll be starting a fed soon" or "more to come soon". Start your fed with substance or it will be deleted. And then you’ll have to wait two weeks to start another one.

-Plagiarizing is a serious offence and anyone caught doing so will be banned without warning.

-Multi-Participation Threads are banned for the time being, they descend into chaos too quick and quite frankly too much time is spent modding them.

-DO NOT post reviews of reviews, arguing with every person who reviews you. If you would like, after a substantial period of time, to reply to all reviews together, fine. Mindless bumps will not be accepted.

-Please note that all your shows and PPVs must take place in your thread not on a website elsewhere. Everybody else can write it here, so can you.

- The 20 Questions thread is a Question and Answer interview-like thread for the members of Fan Fiction. The “next” person to participate in the thread is chosen by the current person being interviewed. Please do not post asking to be next. The person before you makes that decision.

- Please do not post "get on AIM/MSN/Yahoo." If you want them to do so, send them a Private Message or Rep asking so. There is no need to waste a post doing so.

- General Discussion is banned from Fan Fiction. It was great while it lasted, but it was abused too many times.

-NO EROTIC LITERATURE!

Finally, a harsh reality for people: WMS and RT are the last word on a subject in FF. If we ask you, or tell you, to do something, it isn't a debate. At least not on the forum. If you have a problem, IM or PM one of us, and we will gladly sort it out.

Thank you.
The Fan Fiction Moderating Team,
WMS & RT
See more
See less

ECW: The 2001 WWF buyout.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ECW: The 2001 WWF buyout.

Hall Of Fame

Class of 2001

Spoiler
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 01-29-2012, 11:00 PM. Reason: True Legends.

Comment

Hardcore TV 6-8-2001

Spoiler
      Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 01-25-2012, 08:49 PM.

Comment

You Do Not Want To Miss The Next ECW Pay Per View!

Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 01-25-2012, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Hardcore TV 6-15-2001

Spoiler

------------------------------------------------
          Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 07-20-2013, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Don't miss Hostile City Showdown 2K1 live next week

Main event for the ECW World Championship
            Spoiler
            Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 01-25-2012, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Really enjoying this, Shinobi. The pictures are bit excessive, but I'm probably alone in that mindset. I think in a lot of ways you've captured the Heyman-mindset. Like on the last show how Bigelow/Candido segues through a chaotic set of circumstances right into the main event. That's how it used to happen in ECW. If anything, my complaint would be that there's not as much WWE-influence as there should be. I also thought about something. Can you imagine watching TV on the Internet in 2001? Something to ponder. I can't imagine it would have worked as well for people then. Excited to read HCS2k1!
              We ARE pro-wrestling.

Comment

You aren't alone. I'm going to be cutting back on the pic's for sure. I don't want to use too many Youtube vids either, only when necessary. I really appreciate your feedback TMMW. I'm hoping to keep improving. I just jumped into this at first, then I read a few other fan fic threads(including your WCW thread), and was blown away at what was possible with it. I am going to concentrate on some good fueds, and try to write up some great matches.

I'm not really trying to go for any kind of WWE/F influence quite yet. I do plan to in the future, but not for some time. My problem is that I'm pretty old school. I'm going for more of an old school ECW feel, but with the WWE budget. Let me tell you right now though, I'm not going to be real strict with the reality of things. Like a mini jumbotron in the ECW Arena for instance? Come on. I don't think so, but it is fun to play around with since it is Fiction after all. I'm definitely going to stretch a few things, but I'm not going to over do anything, I promise. For example, the thread is in June of 2001 at the moment, with Dean Malenko as an active performer. If I remember correctly Malenko was retired at that point, or soon after.

I have been ispired by TNEW, The Cuban Wrestling Crisis, and the WCW fan fic threads to start getting into some of the newer wrestling. As I get more familiar with the newer performers, I will gradually work them into the thread. At the moment though, I just have not seen enough pro wrestling after 2000/2001. I am going through, and watching it though, so the more I see, the more I'll incorporate into this fed.

I hope with this thread it will work both ways. Hopefully I will inspire some of you guys to go back, and watch some of that classic underrated ECW stuff that nobody has seen, the same way you have inspired me to get into modern wrestling.

Absolutely keep the feedback coming guys. I'm open to any criticism because it is the only way to improve really. One of my main goals with this thread is to improve as a writer in general. I've had a lot of oppurtunities open up for me in journalism recently, and I want to continue to advance in that area. Without a college education I know there is only so far I can go. One of the only ways for me to really improve is for someone to drop in, and say "Hey, your doing this wrong.", or "Do it like this."

So don't hold back. I'm a big boy, I can take it, and It will make me better.
                Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 01-28-2012, 09:28 PM.

Comment

I hear ya. Keep up the good work!
                  We ARE pro-wrestling.

Comment

Interview with Vince Mcmahon from the Wall Street Journal. June 2001 issue.

WSJ: Vince, your purchase of the ECW has been scrutinized recently due to the poor financial shape of the company at the time. How has the decision worked out for the WWF's bottom line up to this point.

Vince: It has been very tough. I'm not going to lie, or sugarcoat things, the ECW was almost to the point of no return when we bought them. To this day, I still have not made a single penny of profit from the company, but we have made huge strides in attracting new fans, as well as keeping the diehards that the company was, and is known for attracting.

The surprisingly high attendance for live events, with the higher than expected PPV revenues from the 2 show's we have done has been what has kept the ECW afloat so far, but as far as turning a profit, we still may be a long ways away from the company making any significant money. The amount of debt that the company was in will take a bit more time to work down. We have stacked the ECW roster with some excellent performers that come with a hefty pricetag, but their presence in the company has boosted interest enough to bring fans out to the live shows, and get them to buy PPV's, home videos, and merchandise. We have worked down the companies debt to a respectfull figure, and we have managed to pay our performers what was earned to them from the original owners of the company, but no, as of yet we have not made a single penny from the ECW. We have a strong team of management, and some of the WWF's best accountants keeping the ECW running, and we plan to keep trucking with it until we finally get into the black.

So far the fans, and the interest is there, but the money is just not. I am very happy with the response that the ECW has gotten from their fans, and I think the company is very close to breaking through, and becoming profitable.

WSJ: The last ECW PPV "Hardcore Heaven" stirred a bunch of controversy, and brought a bunch of negative attention to the brand from people who thought the Violence, and nudity was just too much. In recent weeks, More critisizm has poored in about the overall nature of the ECW brand, and the WWF's decision to be associated with such a product. How much control, and influence does the WWF have over what we see on ECW programming?

Vince: Look, with the ECW, we aren't trying to draw in teenaged fans, or sponsers like Stridex, and M&M's, we want to appeal to a completely different demographic than what the WWF does normally. We are trying to reach out to the 18-35 demographic with the ECW. My accountants, and my money are about the only influence the WWF is going to have on the ECW, other than that, I have given complete creative control to Paul Hayman. Hayman is the ECW. For me to take the creative control away from him would be to strip the heart out of the ECW, and that is something that the fans of the company would not go for. ECW fans are not the same as the average WWF fan. There are a lot of things you just can not get over them. The ECW will be run as its own entity. It is my company, but in order for it to work the way we want it to, We(the WWF) are going to have to just step back, and let Paul do his thing.

WSJ: What strides have been made to get the ECW back on cable television?

Vince: We have been scouring networks for a deal. We thought we were close to getting them back on TNN, but the deal fell through. We were in negotiations with several other companies, including the Fox family of networks. We were close to inking a deal with them for the ECW to air on either FX, or The Fox Sports network, but ulitmately we did not like the restrictions the network was wanting to inforce on the brand. We want to keep the ECW an R rated wrestling company, and we have not found a channell yet that is willing to take that risk. We will continue to search for a cable deal for the ECW, but it has to be on our terms. Getting a cable deal for the ECW only to have to water them down to a PG rating would be taking a huge step backward for the company, and would alienate a majority of the fans that have kept the company afloat thus far.

WSJ: What about the WWF's new website? Fans have complained about the ECW programming available on the website that the technology is just not there yet for the internet to be a viable medium to view ECW programming. What is the WWF doing to make the ECW available to its fans until they return to cable?

Vince: We have been working very hard to improve our online experience for the ECW. Improvements have been made, but the quality is just not there. We do not, and will not charge anything for the ECW's Hardcore TV episodes that are available to view on our website. The WWF has just inked a long term deal with former distributer of ECW home videos, RF Video. RF Video has been liscensed by the WWF to exclusively distribute all ECW Home Video's, as well as their classic events. We will invest into RF Video to get the ECW Hardcore TV episodes into the homes of wrestling fans all across America. Until we can get Hardcore TV back on cable, fans can sign up for RF Video's mail order program, which will keep each weeks episode rolling into your mailbox on a weekly basis for one flat monthly rate. Very similar to a magazine subscription. Even after we ink a cable deal, RF video will be retained as the ECW's exclusive distributor of Home Video programming.

WSJ: You made some pretty bold statements about the UFC back in February. Their PPV's have not done as well as their new owners have expected. Do you feel like the new UFC still has as much potential to one day rival the WWF in PPV revenues?

Vince: Absolutely. That sport has an appeal to young men like none other. To be honest I have a few deep regrets about not purchasing the UFC myself when they were up for sale in the end of last year. I really think that with proper management, the UFC will be huge in the US eventually. I'm not sure if Zuffa has the entertainment experience to get it up off of the ground, but they definitely have the money, and the bussiness savy to make it happen. Whether or not they do is to be seen, but the sport has potential that can not be denied. I deeply regret not purchasing the UFC myself from SEG. After what we went throught with the XFL this year, and the money we lost, I definitely look back with regrets, and wish that I would have done things differently. I think we could have done something special with the UFC given our track record in the PPV market, and our experience with live entertainment. It was an oppurtunity that we missed out on though, and I wish Zuffa the best of luck, but I think we have something special in the ECW, and I hope to be able to keep some of those 18-35 year olds from jumping ship from Pro Wrestling to UFC when/if the sport finally does take off on a national level. It is going to be something that is hard to compete with for us in the WWF, but I think we can with the ECW if done the proper way.
                    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 01-28-2012, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Pro Wrestling Illustrated

2002 Pro Wrestling Almanac
                      WWF ppv results for 2001(Feb-May):

Spoiler
                      Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 02-11-2012, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Hostile City Showdown- 6/16/2001

Spoiler
                        Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 02-16-2012, 10:42 PM.

Comment

WWF Raw results for June 18th 2001.

Spoiler

WWF Smackdown results for June, 21st 2001
                          Spoiler
                          Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 02-12-2012, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Easily your best show ever. You killed it!
                            We ARE pro-wrestling.

Comment

Originally posted by TMMW View Post
                              Easily your best show ever. You killed it!
                              Hell yeah! Thanks TMMW! Thanks for reading.

I've been doing a bit of studying, and research since the last few posts. Some of those lists, and guides in the OP Fed Thread are actually quite helpfull, especially the link to Holzehammer's site for movesets, and explanations.

I've had a blast going through, and watching a bunch of wrestling here in the past week or so. I've really enjoyed seeing a bunch of stuff from different era's, including some 2006-2007 ECW, and even most of the WWF's 2001 stuff. Seems like they really wanted to make a statement about the Attitude era with that storyline. I'm going to be putting my own little spin on the angle where Paul Hayman gets to be Paul Hayman, and the ECW gets treated the way they should have.

This thread is about to get fun due to the timeline that it is in where the Invasion is about to finally kicks off in the WWF.

Comment

Hardcore TV 6-22-2001

Spoiler
                                Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 02-16-2012, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X