Announcement

Collapse

Fan Fiction Rules & Guidelines

THE RULES & GUIDELINES OF FAN FICTION

-There will be no flaming (insulting), spamming (making stupid, inane posts) and flame-baiting (luring someone into flaming you).

-You can't use deceased wrestlers. The only exception to this rule is if you're doing a federation that takes place in the 80s or something similar.

-Keep everything regarding your federation in one thread.

-There are three places where you can advertise a federation: in the thread of that federation, in your signature and in the Fed Thread. Nowhere else, if we find any advertising elsewhere, you will receive a warning for SPAM.

-Don't expect to get reviews from other people if you don't give reviews yourself. If you don't want any feedback to your shows, fine.

-Don't give feedback in the middle of a show. Posting in the middle of a show will result in deletion of your post and a warning for spam.

-You are not expected to leave a full on review of the show (though you can if you like). All you are required to do is to write a few comments with some substance behind them. This in no way shape or form means you can post one line reviews, they will be deleted and warned. So don’t post something like "Wow, great show! 9/10!".

-Even though it is creative writing, due to board rules we cannot allow racial and/or homophobic slurs/insults/etc. in your feds. This type of language will be warned immediately. And please note - racism is an automatic ban.

-Don't get mad when someone rips your show to pieces. Use the criticism in a positive way and use it to increase the quality of your federation. When someone insults you instead of giving good feedback, report that post to the Moderators.

-Don't bump your thread to the top if you've written nothing new in days. It just pushes other threads that are active down.

-If you're going to write a federation, put some effort in it. Stuff with horrendous grammar and spelling and no punctuation will be deleted. So will posts that only have ten or so sentences. They are regarded as spam. If you don't put effort into writing, don't even bother.

-If you're tired of your current federation and want to start a new one or return to an older federation, your current one must have at least four regular shows and a Pay-Per-View. This is done to prevent threads that have one or two posts in it. If you don't follow this rule, you'll be forbidden to start a new federation or return to an old federation for two weeks. If you make a fed within two weeks of the first one closing or return to an old fed, will we lock your thread, and it will not be opened for ANOTHER two weeks. For example, if you leave your thread on the 1st of the month and then make another one on the 10th, we will lock your new thread until the 24th. Two weeks from the opening of your new thread, remember that folks! For those whos fed follow the 'DVD Format' your fed must have contained at least four chapters in order to bypass the two week rule.

- Posters are now allowed a second fed, providing they have proven their commitment to their first fed. Permission to start a second fed will be granted from the moderating team. We will not consider anyone whose fed has not lasted at least two pay-per-views, however, this does not guarantee we will say yes.

- Two feds at a time Max.

- If you have two running at the same time, both must be updated a minimum of every 30 days. If this is not maintained without valid reason, one will be closed (poster's choice as to which is closed).

- If you abandon a fed/fed gets closed/etc., then you must wait until gaining permission again to start another second fed.

-You can also have one additional non-Fed related story in addition to your federation. This non-Fed has a two week rule, meaning you wait two weeks from the last post to post a new one.

-You do not need to contact WMS or RT to close a thread for you if you're moving on to a new project. Just let it drop to the bottom. We will also no longer be cleaning old threads for you -- start a new thread. Also, we do NOT delete threads. We keep them around for historical value.

-Spotlight of the Month: this is currently decided by the Power 10 Rankings. The winner is given the dubious honor of being the Spotlight of the Month. That Fed will be stickied for the entire month with the added extension “Spotlight of the Month” added to the end of their Fed Title.

-No more "I'll be starting a fed soon" or "more to come soon". Start your fed with substance or it will be deleted. And then you’ll have to wait two weeks to start another one.

-Plagiarizing is a serious offence and anyone caught doing so will be banned without warning.

-Multi-Participation Threads are banned for the time being, they descend into chaos too quick and quite frankly too much time is spent modding them.

-DO NOT post reviews of reviews, arguing with every person who reviews you. If you would like, after a substantial period of time, to reply to all reviews together, fine. Mindless bumps will not be accepted.

-Please note that all your shows and PPVs must take place in your thread not on a website elsewhere. Everybody else can write it here, so can you.

- The 20 Questions thread is a Question and Answer interview-like thread for the members of Fan Fiction. The “next” person to participate in the thread is chosen by the current person being interviewed. Please do not post asking to be next. The person before you makes that decision.

- Please do not post "get on AIM/MSN/Yahoo." If you want them to do so, send them a Private Message or Rep asking so. There is no need to waste a post doing so.

- General Discussion is banned from Fan Fiction. It was great while it lasted, but it was abused too many times.

-NO EROTIC LITERATURE!

Finally, a harsh reality for people: WMS and RT are the last word on a subject in FF. If we ask you, or tell you, to do something, it isn't a debate. At least not on the forum. If you have a problem, IM or PM one of us, and we will gladly sort it out.

Thank you.
The Fan Fiction Moderating Team,
WMS & RT
See more
See less

The Rise and Fall of Lonestar Wrestling

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Rise and Fall of Lonestar Wrestling

I seriously like how you pulled ideas from other sources of entertainment for this project, it has really inspired me to I dunno try and use the same idea a little. I wont be able to do it over the top and such as that is not the premise of my fed but all confrontation in movies has a basic source for outdoing an opponent or something to that affect... maybe I can tone it down and see how it goes, who knows!

Thanks to Rad for the awesome banner!

Comment

KJ, you know I love Fight Club with a passion. That is a perfect storyline that'd would've been amazing in every single way. The best thing about it? I know you would've done it justice, because your an amazing, amazing writer.

This has been fantastic to follow, keep it up. It's interesting and insightful, and proves what a great mind you have. Can't wait for the rest buddy, and can't wait for your new project following this.

@SaveUsWP

Originally posted by RT
      "Will is so British, I don't even believe he is British. He just fits the stereotype so well, it's ridiculous."

Comment

Yeah that fight club angle would've been awesome.

When is season 3 coming , KJ?

Comment

I'm actually going to do a different fed.

I have a migraine tonight. Tomorrow at work should be a slow day...I think I'll write the next segment there.

[π: WWPID?] ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Comment

Chapter Four -- Montel Vontavious Porter and Matt Sydel

MVP and Sydel both joined LSW this season with the sole purpose of this storyline.

Sydel’s character was to be a young, upstart wrestler (very similar to what his character ended up being in WWE as Evan Bourne). His high-flying moves and exciting pace would captivate crowds.

MVP would come in as egotistical as ever. A self-proclaimed veteran. But while his charismatic demeanor has always split crowds, his actions towards Sydel would win them over.

Under the thuggish attitude he portrays, MVP would take the wide-eyed Sydel under his wing. Sydel, understandably, would be cautious. MVP wasn’t necessarily a “good” guy. He would cheat. He would help Sydel out in matches to propel his career. But MVP assured Sydel that this was how things worked at the show. “I have your back, you have mine.”

Despite MVP’s urgings, Sydel kept it clean. He refused to cheat. But there was a definite bond between the two men…they would become friends. MVP laughed off Sydel’s naïve attitude, but respected it. When Sydel challenged for the Iron Division Championship at the second PPV, MVP accidentally cost him the match. After the match, MVP went to help up Sydel, only to be decked with a right hand. Sydel screamed at him why he shouldn’t destroy MVP, but relented as MVP smoothly calmed him down.

Things seemed good, and MVP and Sydel even secured a tag title shot for the final PPV of the season when Sydel pinned Homicide in a number one contender‘s match. But rumors shuffled throughout LSW that MVP had been seen having several conversations with LAX, though they were never caught on film together. When Sydel confronted MVP about them, MVP assured him it had nothing to do with them…they were “cool.”

The show before PPV, LAX beat the hell out of Sydel after they jumped him. As he was being beat, they berated him, asking why they shouldn’t end his career right there. Sydel said they could try and he’d still walk to the ring the next week. For whatever reason, LAX backed off…possibly shocked at the fortitude Sydel displayed.

True to his word, Sydel showed up at the PPV the next night. MVP was nowhere to be found. Sydel battled valiantly against the tag team champions. When the ref took a bump, MVP showed up out of nowhere and drilled the champs with a chair and then nailed Sydel. He tagged himself in as the ref came to and covered for the win.

As he grabbed the belts, a groggy Sydel went after MVP, but he was no match after what he’d been through. Suddenly, LAX surrounded the ring and rolled in before MVP could further injure Sydel. MVP looked terrified as LAX slid into the ring. Sydel slowly got to his feet and grabbed his newly won title. MVP stood close to him, almost as if he expected Sydel to be on his side. LAX surrounded the two men. Sydel looked at his belt, stepped towards LAX, and threw the belt at their feet. The members of LAX parted, and Sydel walked out of the ring. As he walked out of the arena, the smile on his face was ever-present as LAX gang-jumped MVP. Sydel never looked back as MVP begged for help. Oddly, no referees or officials helped him out.

Got the storyline yet?

MVP is Alonzo and Matt Sydel is Jake. That’s right…Training Day.

It would come out after the season MVP had guaranteed LAX tag team gold early in the season for undisclosed reasons. His chance to make good was the number one contendership match, but Sydel’s perseverance ruined that for him. So MVP set Sydel up for the fall. The inherent good in Sydel…the never say die, uncompromising attitude…was too much for MVP.

King Kong ain’t got shit on MVP.

Next time…The Hooliganz

Lonestar Wrestling Season I: http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=22927
            Lonestar Wrestling Season II: http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=65217

Comment

I have a feeling this will without a doubt be Kid's favorite storyline.

Comment

God I wish you would have continued with this.

Some of this is so damn inspiring and its only a recap. I'm not one just to unload praise for the hell of it because you are a Moderator and a well-liked poster, but this stuff is truely incredible, not so much the writing, just the ideas and knowing what was behind them. Veyr motivational.

A true shame this did not come to fruition.

Comment

That would have been a killer angle KJ, these are turning out awesomely and I can't wait to see what else you had up your sleeves.....
                  Thanks to Rad for the awesome banner!

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm glad you enjoyed.

If anything doesn't make sense, or you even think an angle's stupid...tell me. Please.

Comment

Chapter Five -- The Hooliganz

One of the premier tag teams pushed throughout season was the RoH Express…Londrick…The Hooliganz -- Paul London and Brian Kendrick. Personally, I’m huge fans of both of these guys. As a tag team, I’ve dreamed of Hooliganz versus the Murder City Machine guns. That was one of the primary reasons I put these two teams into a big feud in Season I.

With Season II entering, I knew London and Kendrick had run their course as a team…it was time to split them up. The challenge was splitting up an established team in some interesting fashion. There’s only so many ways you can do it…even if you try something creative. I decided to reference back to one of my favorite works of art -- Othello -- in a very, very, very loose manner. Really, I just used the motives of petty jealousy.

In Season II, London would win a number one contender’s match for the LSW Fusion Division Championship, pinning the man who pinned Kendrick. Kendrick, though visibly upset, would support London.

The following week, The Hooliganz would win a tag team gauntlet for a number one contender’s match for the tag titles. This set an interesting situation for the first PPV…London was now booked in two matches. Knowing he would be clearly beated and exhausted in match two, COO Jonathan Carter booked Kendrick versus Alex Shelley at the final show before the PPV. The winner of the match would be able to have their choice of position on the card…if Shelley won, MCMG would face the Hooliganz after the Fusion Title match. If the Kendrick won, the Hooliganz would face MCMG first. Shelley would go on to win.

At the PPV, London faced Johnny Jeter and defeated him for the Fusion Division Championship, though he took quite a bit of abuse to his knee. After the match, London was resting with his title with ice on his knee when Kendrick made sure he was OK. London guaranteed he was fine, and assured Kendrick they would win tonight. Of course, the brilliant tag champs isolated London, barely giving Kendrick a chance to get in. In the end, London was pinned and the MCMG retained. Kendrick again was upset, but he helped London to the back.

During the weeks building towards London’s Fusion Division defense against AJ Styles, Kendrick pleaded Carter for a tag title shot, but Carter refused saying he wouldn’t sacrifice his champion’s health like that again. London confronted Kendrick, asking if he has his support. Reluctantly, Kendrick said yes.

At the second PPV, Styles and London had a brilliant match. Styles attempted to cheat, but Kendrick saved London, allowing him to hit the standing SSP for the pin. Kendrick and London celebrated, when it happened…London was laid out by Kendrick. Kendrick whipped London with the belt, dragged him to the outside, and left him in a pool of his own blood.

Rumors swirled London might be out of commission. With Carter’s mandate all titles must be defended at every PPV, if London was out of commission, a new champion would have to be crowned. The match was set to be Kendrick vs. AJ Styles. At the final show before the PPV, London came out unexpectedly attacking Kendrick. With his return, Carter was forced to switch the match to a Triple Threat.

At the final PPV, Styles was cutting a promo when London savagely attacked him. London grabbed the bloody Styles by the head, pulled him close, and told him “this is between Brian and me. There’s no room for you,” before throwing Styles into the brick wall with a thud.

Carter would confront London, saying if he wants it like this…he’ll get it…and changed the match to a falls count anywhere match.

London and Kendrick battled through the entire arena. The match was back and forth, but in the end, London would win when he nailed the SSP from the top of the fan entry-way as Kendrick was sprawled out over a table. EMTs would help London to the back, but it was clear neither man would be the same again.

So like I said…very loosely based on one of the best jealousy revenge stories ever told.

Looking at the teaser poster for their storyline:

Spoiler

It says “It all comes full circle.” This was the tagline to the film “O”, which was loosely based on the play Othello.

And the black board:

Spoiler

Featured the mathematical equation on the bottom right “London Divided By Gold Equals Kendrick.” I think that one now speaks for itself.

Next time…Matt Striker

Lonestar Wrestling Season I: http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=22927
                      Lonestar Wrestling Season II: http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=65217

Comment

I've never read Othello or watched a cinematic interpretation of it... nor have I ever bothered with the cliffnotes for Othello, so I don't know how loosely (or not) this angle ties to its source material, but I love it regardless. The only things I'm confused about are whether London or Kendrick was the face. I know I'm supposed to be conditioned by the current WWE product to assume that Kendrick is going to be the heel, but at the time... Kendrick was so much of a face in real life that I can't recall how you handled their dispositions in LSW. Personally, I'm not London's biggest fan... so I'm bitter about seeing Kendrick never getting to one-up his ungrateful, selfish partner.

Man... This angle takes me back to the days of PIaul London and Brian KJendrick as the Hostile Cahoots.

Anyways... Striker is up next, and I recall that everything you've ever had planned for this man is brilliant. He's one talented mo-fo with a lot of potential for really interesting storylines, and I know you didn't disappoint.

All I can say to anyone else who is reading is...

STAY TUNED!

: 04/02/11}:forever&always
                        ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
                        http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=121686

Comment

I've not been around a lot lately. I don't have the greatest internet connection, but in a few weeks that should be fixed. Coming back and reading this is fantastic. I've been half-writing my RCW while I've been away but this thread is totally inspiring to stop my run-of-the-mill rubbish and actually spend some time putting together a quality fed.

This i a great raed KJ, thanks for posting it. I love the fact that PI picked your roster. This is really great stuff.

s u r r e n d e r

***Take part in PW's Match of the Year 2016 Tournament in the Wide World of Wrestling**
                          http://forums.prowrestling.com/showt...53#post4407453

Comment

Working...
                          X