Announcement

Collapse

Fan Fiction Rules & Guidelines

THE RULES & GUIDELINES OF FAN FICTION

-There will be no flaming (insulting), spamming (making stupid, inane posts) and flame-baiting (luring someone into flaming you).

-You can't use deceased wrestlers. The only exception to this rule is if you're doing a federation that takes place in the 80s or something similar.

-Keep everything regarding your federation in one thread.

-There are three places where you can advertise a federation: in the thread of that federation, in your signature and in the Fed Thread. Nowhere else, if we find any advertising elsewhere, you will receive a warning for SPAM.

-Don't expect to get reviews from other people if you don't give reviews yourself. If you don't want any feedback to your shows, fine.

-Don't give feedback in the middle of a show. Posting in the middle of a show will result in deletion of your post and a warning for spam.

-You are not expected to leave a full on review of the show (though you can if you like). All you are required to do is to write a few comments with some substance behind them. This in no way shape or form means you can post one line reviews, they will be deleted and warned. So don’t post something like "Wow, great show! 9/10!".

-Even though it is creative writing, due to board rules we cannot allow racial and/or homophobic slurs/insults/etc. in your feds. This type of language will be warned immediately. And please note - racism is an automatic ban.

-Don't get mad when someone rips your show to pieces. Use the criticism in a positive way and use it to increase the quality of your federation. When someone insults you instead of giving good feedback, report that post to the Moderators.

-Don't bump your thread to the top if you've written nothing new in days. It just pushes other threads that are active down.

-If you're going to write a federation, put some effort in it. Stuff with horrendous grammar and spelling and no punctuation will be deleted. So will posts that only have ten or so sentences. They are regarded as spam. If you don't put effort into writing, don't even bother.

-If you're tired of your current federation and want to start a new one or return to an older federation, your current one must have at least four regular shows and a Pay-Per-View. This is done to prevent threads that have one or two posts in it. If you don't follow this rule, you'll be forbidden to start a new federation or return to an old federation for two weeks. If you make a fed within two weeks of the first one closing or return to an old fed, will we lock your thread, and it will not be opened for ANOTHER two weeks. For example, if you leave your thread on the 1st of the month and then make another one on the 10th, we will lock your new thread until the 24th. Two weeks from the opening of your new thread, remember that folks! For those whos fed follow the 'DVD Format' your fed must have contained at least four chapters in order to bypass the two week rule.

- Posters are now allowed a second fed, providing they have proven their commitment to their first fed. Permission to start a second fed will be granted from the moderating team. We will not consider anyone whose fed has not lasted at least two pay-per-views, however, this does not guarantee we will say yes.

- Two feds at a time Max.

- If you have two running at the same time, both must be updated a minimum of every 30 days. If this is not maintained without valid reason, one will be closed (poster's choice as to which is closed).

- If you abandon a fed/fed gets closed/etc., then you must wait until gaining permission again to start another second fed.

-You can also have one additional non-Fed related story in addition to your federation. This non-Fed has a two week rule, meaning you wait two weeks from the last post to post a new one.

-You do not need to contact WMS or RT to close a thread for you if you're moving on to a new project. Just let it drop to the bottom. We will also no longer be cleaning old threads for you -- start a new thread. Also, we do NOT delete threads. We keep them around for historical value.

-Spotlight of the Month: this is currently decided by the Power 10 Rankings. The winner is given the dubious honor of being the Spotlight of the Month. That Fed will be stickied for the entire month with the added extension “Spotlight of the Month” added to the end of their Fed Title.

-No more "I'll be starting a fed soon" or "more to come soon". Start your fed with substance or it will be deleted. And then you’ll have to wait two weeks to start another one.

-Plagiarizing is a serious offence and anyone caught doing so will be banned without warning.

-Multi-Participation Threads are banned for the time being, they descend into chaos too quick and quite frankly too much time is spent modding them.

-DO NOT post reviews of reviews, arguing with every person who reviews you. If you would like, after a substantial period of time, to reply to all reviews together, fine. Mindless bumps will not be accepted.

-Please note that all your shows and PPVs must take place in your thread not on a website elsewhere. Everybody else can write it here, so can you.

- The 20 Questions thread is a Question and Answer interview-like thread for the members of Fan Fiction. The “next” person to participate in the thread is chosen by the current person being interviewed. Please do not post asking to be next. The person before you makes that decision.

- Please do not post "get on AIM/MSN/Yahoo." If you want them to do so, send them a Private Message or Rep asking so. There is no need to waste a post doing so.

- General Discussion is banned from Fan Fiction. It was great while it lasted, but it was abused too many times.

-NO EROTIC LITERATURE!

Finally, a harsh reality for people: WMS and RT are the last word on a subject in FF. If we ask you, or tell you, to do something, it isn't a debate. At least not on the forum. If you have a problem, IM or PM one of us, and we will gladly sort it out.

Thank you.
The Fan Fiction Moderating Team,
WMS & RT
See more
See less

The X-Fictor ~ Entries & Feedback

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The X-Fictor ~ Entries & Feedback

THE ENTRIES
    CLICK THE SPOILER TAG TO VIEW.

Spoiler
    Man of the world.

Comment

THE ENTRIES

Spoiler
      Man of the world.

Comment

JUDGIN'
        STORYLINE STAGE FEEDBACK

Spoiler
        Man of the world.

Comment

JUDGIN'
          STORYLINE STAGE FEEDBACK

Spoiler
          Man of the world.

Comment

THE FINALE ~ A LITTLE FIC OF EVERYTHING

STEP ONE: THE DRAFT
            STEP TWO: THE MATCH BOOKING
            STEP THREE: THE STORYLINE
            STEP FOUR: THE PRE-MATCH PROMO
            FINAL STEP: THE MATCH

YOUR OBJECTIVE ~ AM and Fallen, congratulations on making it all the way to the final. Here, you will be tested with a number of challenges that will force you to use all of your talents as a writer of wrestling Fan Fic. You'll be asked to; draft up a fantasy roster, book a seven-match supercard with your new roster, envision one storyline that will compromise one of your seven matches, use said storyline to write up a promo that would serve as a go-home to your big show, and finally write a match in full focusing on the wrestlers you've chosen to be the main attention of your specific storyline. A mammoth task which will help myself and the rest of the forum decide who truly has the X-Fictor.
            THE DRAFT You will take it in turns to draft any wrestlers you wish to make a roster of 16. Drafting two wrestlers at a time, this will take place in the General Discussion thread. AM will go first given that he had what I felt was the strongest (only just) entry last time round. You will continue to take turns drafting until you finally have 16 wrestlers each. Please remember that once a wrestler is drafted, the other competitor can't draft that wrestler.

THE MATCH BOOKING You've got your team of 16. Now, it's your job to book your fictional company's own spin on WrestleMania. Use your booking nous to whip up a seven-match supercard that will sweep us off our fictional feet!

THE STORYLINE OK, pay attention. I now want you to concentrate on one match on your card. It could be the main event title match or it could be the opening tag match, it's not important. What is important is that you pick out one match you feel confident with as this is now the focus for you to write-up a storyline, promo and match. Similar to the Bret Hart task you've just conquered, write us a three-month summarised storyline that takes us from A, the meeting between the involved competitors, to B, the go-home promo you're about to write...

THE PRE-MATCH PROMO Your three-month storyline will conclude with a go-home promo delivered by your choice of the competitors in your selected match. Heel or babyface, it's irrelevant. I just want to see a promo that really fires us up and convinces us that the pay-per-view, and ensuing match, are worth watching (reading).

THE MATCH We conclude with a match written in full. Remember that it must be the match that you've based your storyline and promo on - this is imperative. I advise you knuckle down and watch some matches on YouTube or the Network - take notice of the layout of the matches and why things are done at certain times and for what reason. Also, swot up on moves and sequences that your competitors use as realism is always nice. I'd hate to see Kane busting out a Moonsault. That might give me sour grapes!

So, there you have it. A little fic of everything...

ADDENDUM ~ Send your entries to WMS via PM by the 23/11/2015. You have over one month to deliver this to me - use your time wisely. If you wish to discuss deadlines, approach me with plenty of time. My aim is for you guys to hand this in by the 23rd, I'll write-up my reviews by the last day of November, and then on the first day of December, I will whip up a thread where the Fan Fic community votes for their winner. You can ask for advice from both mentors, PB and RT, for this round. I look forward to seeing who comes out on top - good luck!
            Man of the world.

Comment

THE FINALE ~ A LITTLE FIC OF EVERYTHING

STEP ONE: THE DRAFT
              STEP TWO: THE MATCH BOOKING
              STEP THREE: THE STORYLINE
              STEP FOUR: THE PRE-MATCH PROMO
              FINAL STEP: THE MATCH

YOUR OBJECTIVE ~ AM and Fallen, congratulations on making it all the way to the final. Here, you will be tested with a number of challenges that will force you to use all of your talents as a writer of wrestling Fan Fic. You'll be asked to; draft up a fantasy roster, book a seven-match supercard with your new roster, envision one storyline that will compromise one of your seven matches, use said storyline to write up a promo that would serve as a go-home to your big show, and finally write a match in full focusing on the wrestlers you've chosen to be the main attention of your specific storyline. A mammoth task which will help myself and the rest of the forum decide who truly has the X-Fictor.
              THE DRAFT You will take it in turns to draft any wrestlers you wish to make a roster of 16. Drafting two wrestlers at a time, this will take place in the General Discussion thread. AM will go first given that he had what I felt was the strongest (only just) entry last time round. You will continue to take turns drafting until you finally have 16 wrestlers each. Please remember that once a wrestler is drafted, the other competitor can't draft that wrestler.

THE MATCH BOOKING You've got your team of 16. Now, it's your job to book your fictional company's own spin on WrestleMania. Use your booking nous to whip up a seven-match supercard that will sweep us off our fictional feet!

THE STORYLINE OK, pay attention. I now want you to concentrate on one match on your card. It could be the main event title match or it could be the opening tag match, it's not important. What is important is that you pick out one match you feel confident with as this is now the focus for you to write-up a storyline, promo and match. Similar to the Bret Hart task you've just conquered, write us a three-month summarised storyline that takes us from A, the meeting between the involved competitors, to B, the go-home promo you're about to write...

THE PRE-MATCH PROMO Your three-month storyline will conclude with a go-home promo delivered by your choice of the competitors in your selected match. Heel or babyface, it's irrelevant. I just want to see a promo that really fires us up and convinces us that the pay-per-view, and ensuing match, are worth watching (reading).

THE MATCH We conclude with a match written in full. Remember that it must be the match that you've based your storyline and promo on - this is imperative. I advise you knuckle down and watch some matches on YouTube or the Network - take notice of the layout of the matches and why things are done at certain times and for what reason. Also, swot up on moves and sequences that your competitors use as realism is always nice. I'd hate to see Kane busting out a Moonsault. That might give me sour grapes!

So, there you have it. A little fic of everything...

ADDENDUM ~ Send your entries to WMS via PM by the 23/11/2015. You have over one month to deliver this to me - use your time wisely. If you wish to discuss deadlines, approach me with plenty of time. My aim is for you guys to hand this in by the 23rd, I'll write-up my reviews by the last day of November, and then on the first day of December, I will whip up a thread where the Fan Fic community votes for their winner. You can ask for advice from both mentors, PB and RT, for this round. I look forward to seeing who comes out on top - good luck!
              Man of the world.

Comment

THE ENTRIES

Spoiler
                Man of the world.

Comment

THE ENTRIES

Spoiler