Announcement

Collapse

Fan Fiction Rules & Guidelines

THE RULES & GUIDELINES OF FAN FICTION

-There will be no flaming (insulting), spamming (making stupid, inane posts) and flame-baiting (luring someone into flaming you).

-You can't use deceased wrestlers. The only exception to this rule is if you're doing a federation that takes place in the 80s or something similar.

-Keep everything regarding your federation in one thread.

-There are three places where you can advertise a federation: in the thread of that federation, in your signature and in the Fed Thread. Nowhere else, if we find any advertising elsewhere, you will receive a warning for SPAM.

-Don't expect to get reviews from other people if you don't give reviews yourself. If you don't want any feedback to your shows, fine.

-Don't give feedback in the middle of a show. Posting in the middle of a show will result in deletion of your post and a warning for spam.

-You are not expected to leave a full on review of the show (though you can if you like). All you are required to do is to write a few comments with some substance behind them. This in no way shape or form means you can post one line reviews, they will be deleted and warned. So don’t post something like "Wow, great show! 9/10!".

-Even though it is creative writing, due to board rules we cannot allow racial and/or homophobic slurs/insults/etc. in your feds. This type of language will be warned immediately. And please note - racism is an automatic ban.

-Don't get mad when someone rips your show to pieces. Use the criticism in a positive way and use it to increase the quality of your federation. When someone insults you instead of giving good feedback, report that post to the Moderators.

-Don't bump your thread to the top if you've written nothing new in days. It just pushes other threads that are active down.

-If you're going to write a federation, put some effort in it. Stuff with horrendous grammar and spelling and no punctuation will be deleted. So will posts that only have ten or so sentences. They are regarded as spam. If you don't put effort into writing, don't even bother.

-If you're tired of your current federation and want to start a new one or return to an older federation, your current one must have at least four regular shows and a Pay-Per-View. This is done to prevent threads that have one or two posts in it. If you don't follow this rule, you'll be forbidden to start a new federation or return to an old federation for two weeks. If you make a fed within two weeks of the first one closing or return to an old fed, will we lock your thread, and it will not be opened for ANOTHER two weeks. For example, if you leave your thread on the 1st of the month and then make another one on the 10th, we will lock your new thread until the 24th. Two weeks from the opening of your new thread, remember that folks! For those whos fed follow the 'DVD Format' your fed must have contained at least four chapters in order to bypass the two week rule.

- Posters are now allowed a second fed, providing they have proven their commitment to their first fed. Permission to start a second fed will be granted from the moderating team. We will not consider anyone whose fed has not lasted at least two pay-per-views, however, this does not guarantee we will say yes.

- Two feds at a time Max.

- If you have two running at the same time, both must be updated a minimum of every 30 days. If this is not maintained without valid reason, one will be closed (poster's choice as to which is closed).

- If you abandon a fed/fed gets closed/etc., then you must wait until gaining permission again to start another second fed.

-You can also have one additional non-Fed related story in addition to your federation. This non-Fed has a two week rule, meaning you wait two weeks from the last post to post a new one.

-You do not need to contact WMS or RT to close a thread for you if you're moving on to a new project. Just let it drop to the bottom. We will also no longer be cleaning old threads for you -- start a new thread. Also, we do NOT delete threads. We keep them around for historical value.

-Spotlight of the Month: this is currently decided by the Power 10 Rankings. The winner is given the dubious honor of being the Spotlight of the Month. That Fed will be stickied for the entire month with the added extension “Spotlight of the Month” added to the end of their Fed Title.

-No more "I'll be starting a fed soon" or "more to come soon". Start your fed with substance or it will be deleted. And then you’ll have to wait two weeks to start another one.

-Plagiarizing is a serious offence and anyone caught doing so will be banned without warning.

-Multi-Participation Threads are banned for the time being, they descend into chaos too quick and quite frankly too much time is spent modding them.

-DO NOT post reviews of reviews, arguing with every person who reviews you. If you would like, after a substantial period of time, to reply to all reviews together, fine. Mindless bumps will not be accepted.

-Please note that all your shows and PPVs must take place in your thread not on a website elsewhere. Everybody else can write it here, so can you.

- The 20 Questions thread is a Question and Answer interview-like thread for the members of Fan Fiction. The “next” person to participate in the thread is chosen by the current person being interviewed. Please do not post asking to be next. The person before you makes that decision.

- Please do not post "get on AIM/MSN/Yahoo." If you want them to do so, send them a Private Message or Rep asking so. There is no need to waste a post doing so.

- General Discussion is banned from Fan Fiction. It was great while it lasted, but it was abused too many times.

-NO EROTIC LITERATURE!

Finally, a harsh reality for people: WMS and RT are the last word on a subject in FF. If we ask you, or tell you, to do something, it isn't a debate. At least not on the forum. If you have a problem, IM or PM one of us, and we will gladly sort it out.

Thank you.
The Fan Fiction Moderating Team,
WMS & RT
See more
See less

World Series Wrestling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Series Wrestling

January 6, 2015

"Pro Wrestling Is In My Lifeblood, And It Feels Good To Be Back"

NEW YORK - Another McMahon has entered the world of professional wrestling; well...let's just say that he has returned. Shane McMahon, son of WWE owner and CEO Vince McMahon, announced today that he will enter the ever growing world of professional wrestling/sports entertainment (the latter a phrase coined by his father). Shane McMahon--the former Executive Vice President of Global Media for WWE--made the shocking announcement at his New York City office.

"Growing up, the professional wrestling industry was what I knew. This sport has had a profound impact on my life as well as my family's life." McMahon said. "It is my pleasure to announce the inception of WSW, World Series Wrestling."

The announcement comes to the shock of many, as McMahon resigned from the family business in 2010 to pursue other endeavors. Since then, McMahon has become the Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board for YOU On Demand, an American company providing streaming cable service for China. Since his departure from WWE, McMahon has not expressed interest in returning to the business his grandfather and father made famous.

"The time is right for the project to be launched. I think that word, 'time' is so important. The pro wrestling industry is constantly evolving, as is the audience. WSW will stand on its own, and stand apart from the other mainstream companies. WSW is professional wrestling, plain and simple. We will not shy away from that term. WSW will honor the tradition and excitement of this sport. WSW is also entertainment. We strive to keep our audience on the edge of their seat with our programming. Our goal is simple, to entertain and feature the best professional wrestlers from around the world. We will be the world showcase of wrestling styles, from the pageantry of the United States, lucha libre of Mexico, strong style of Japan, technical execution of Canada, and much much more."

It should be noted that McMahon's company will not be associated with the WWE in any way. Not shying away from the obvious, McMahon addressed this issue, "We're not trying to cut anyone's throats. That time period in this business is over. We strive to be different. No one understands the global reach of the WWE more than I do, but World Series Wrestling is not the WWE, nor does it want to be. We strive to be different. We will offer a product that is different than what the WWE or other companies are offering, because there is space there--and we seek to make that space our own."

McMahon did indicate that negotiations with talent and television networks have begun. "Of course you can't survive in this business without television, and negotiations are already underway. Like I said above, WSW strives to be different, and we are looking at every medium available to expose and expand our product. At this point we are looking at a fall debut."

The announcement has sparked a media wildfire, as the McMahon name is so synonymous with the industry....and money. Since World Championship Wrestling (WCW) closed its doors in the spring of 2001, there have been numerous professional wrestling companies that have opened with dreams and aspirations of establishing a foothold in a market place dominated by the WWE. The majority of these companies now cease to exist. The immediate startup difference between these flash in the pan companies and McMahon's WSW is money. Sure Shane McMahon is wrestling royalty, but the wealth associated with him should guarantee—at the minimum—that WSW comes out of the gate with a first class looking production.

WSW will join the fray of TNA Wrestling and Ring of Honor Wrestling (ROH). TNA--a company financed by Panda Energy--has fallen on hard times recently, losing its primetime television slot on Spike. Their flagship show, Impact Wrestling, has since been relocated to Destination America, a premium cable channel. ROH is widely praised for the quality of its wrestling matches, but financial funding and mainstream exposure have always been a struggle with the company.

Shane McMahon announced a press conference to be held next week where further details would be revealed. "Pro wrestling is in my lifeblood, and it feels good to be back."
    Last edited by Noni; 07-11-2015, 06:24 PM.

Re: World Series Wrestling

January 12, 2015

Spike To Become Television Home Of Shane McMahon's WSW

NEW YORK - Spike announced today that it has signed a national broadcast deal with Shane McMahon's new professional wrestling company, WORLD SERIES WRESTLING (WSW). Spike will be the home of WSW television programming, with a debut set for Tuesday, September 8 at 9/8 c.

"We are very excited to announce our partnership with World Series Wrestling," said Kevin Kay, president of Spike. "As a network, we strive to provide cutting edge entertainment that captivates audiences. Shane McMahon and WSW represent the kind of programming that will lead Spike into the future and the next chapter of this network."

"It is an honor and privilege to be partnering with Spike as the television distributor of WSW programming," stated Shane McMahon, owner of World Series Wrestling. Beginning this September, WSW will debut in front of 98.7 million households. We could not be more excited about our future, and we promise to establish a product that is unique, entertaining, and exhilarating."

WSW will premiere on Tuesday, September 8 with a sixty minute weekly show. Shane McMahon will hold a press conference addressing World Series Wrestling tomorrow. It is confirmed that Kevin Kay will be a part of this press conference.

Comment

January 12, 2015

Spike To Become Television Home Of Shane McMahon's WSW

NEW YORK - Spike announced today that it has signed a national broadcast deal with Shane McMahon's new professional wrestling company, WORLD SERIES WRESTLING (WSW). Spike will be the home of WSW television programming, with a debut set for Tuesday, September 8 at 9/8 c.

"We are very excited to announce our partnership with World Series Wrestling," said Kevin Kay, president of Spike. "As a network, we strive to provide cutting edge entertainment that captivates audiences. Shane McMahon and WSW represent the kind of programming that will lead Spike into the future and the next chapter of this network."

"It is an honor and privilege to be partnering with Spike as the television distributor of WSW programming," stated Shane McMahon, owner of World Series Wrestling. Beginning this September, WSW will debut in front of 98.7 million households. We could not be more excited about our future, and we promise to establish a product that is unique, entertaining, and exhilarating."

WSW will premiere on Tuesday, September 8 with a sixty minute weekly show. Shane McMahon will hold a press conference addressing World Series Wrestling tomorrow. It is confirmed that Kevin Kay will be a part of this press conference.

Comment

Awesome to see you in fan fiction man. Cool premise here. I'll be watching this. Good luck!

Comment

Awesome to see you in fan fiction man. Cool premise here. I'll be watching this. Good luck!

Comment

World Series Wrestling Is Official: The Countdown Is On

January 13, 2015

NEW YORK - A week after making the announcement that he would return to the professional wrestling business, Shane McMahon held a press conference at his New York City office today where he announced further developments with his company, World Series Wrestling. McMahon was joined by Kevin Kay, president of Spike, and John Laurinaitis, who in a shocker--was announced as Head of Creative. The announcement of Laurinaitis' hiring was not the only notable occurrence. Highlights of the press conference are transcribed below:

Shane McMahon Opening Statement: I just want to thank everyone for being in attendance today, as I hope this day will be remembered as fondly as last week's announcement of the creation of WSW. I would like to introduce Kevin Kay, the president of Spike, and Mr. John Laurinaitis, who I'm sure most that are familiar with this industry already know. John just flew in this morning and the ink may still be drying on his contract, but I am so excited to have him join the WSW family as the Head of Creative. Both of these gentlemen will have statements and be available for questions as well. I would like to take this time to thank the fans and supporters for their words of encouragement in the past week. I'm sure many of you can guess the question that I've been asked the most in the past seven days (laughter). Quite simply, the time is right for the birth of WSW. Contrary to popular belief, I never fell out of love with professional wrestling. As an adult, a businessman, a father, and a husband I thought it was in my best interest to pursue opportunities outside of the WWE back in 2010, but I was always still a fan. It has been a dream of mine to forge a new path in this business just as my grandfather and my father did, and I'm proud to announce that on Tuesday, September 8, 2015 we will do just that with the premier of WSW Ignition on Spike at 9 p.m. EST.

Kevin Kay Opening Statement: I would just like to thank Shane for having me today, as well as thank everyone in attendance. I'm here to represent Spike, and I speak on behalf of the network when I say that we could not be more happy to be the home and haven for World Series Wrestling. Spike has long been recognized as cutting edge television, and our network is constantly evolving. We view WSW as a natural fit. As Shane just said, WSW Ignition will air each and every Tuesday night at 9/8 ct beginning September 8. Ignition will be a power hour of television, and we will make this one of the most entertaining and captivating hours of programming on any network. Our goal at Spike is to present unique, engaging shows that get people talking, and I know WSW will be able to provide that to our audience.

John Laurinaitis Opening Statement: I'm very happy to be standing in front of you right now, because this means that I get to continue to do what I love and that's work with wrestling and wrestlers. I'm honored to serve as the Head of Creative, and I am anxious to get to work and put on the best wrestling television show each week. Anyone that knows my career knows that I spent the majority of my time in the ring internationally. Obviously as you travel around this world, there are different styles prevalent, and Shane's desire to showcase these styles is what drove me to WSW. All I have ever known in my adult life is wrestling, and it's something I hold near and dear. I can promise you that we will bring you the best we've got every night, and we will put on the best wrestling show you can find.

Q: Has any talent been signed yet, and how large will the roster be?

Shane McMahon: We are currently on an international hunt for talent. We call ourselves World Series Wrestling, and we want to emphasize the word 'World' as we truly want this to be an international spotlight. I can announce to you that Mauro Ranallo has been signed on to be the Director of Broadcasting, and play-by-play man for WSW.

Q: What will the format of Ignition be?

John Laurinaitis: Part of formatting Ignition is the fact that we have no format. We will keep the show fresh each and every week. Our goal is provide a strong in ring product, while maintaining an entertaining hook to keep our fans wanting more.

Q: Will you tour or will you tape from a fixed location?

Shane McMahon: Plans are being put into place right now regarding our television production. Our plan is establish ourselves as a first class, top of the line product and expand from there. But we do have plans to go on the road and tour.

Q: Any plans for Pay Per View?

Shane McMahon: (laughs) Man we are still nine months away from kickoff and already a pay per view question (laughter). As I said when I announced WSW, we are looking at every media platform available to highlight and grow our product.

Q: John, why WSW?

John Laurinaitis: WSW represents an opportunity to do what I love. Shane absolutely blew me away when he approached me with his business plan. This job allows me the chance to continue my passion, but gives me a chance to be a teacher as well and work with new in-ring talent as well as veterans.

As the press conference came to a close, Shane McMahon--ever the showman--returned to the podium to make one final announcement....

Shane McMahon: Before everyone packs up, I want to take the final moments of this press conference to officially announce the first ever talent signing in WSW history. Ladies and gentlemen......AJ Styles is now a member of WSW!

Comment

World Series Wrestling Is Official: The Countdown Is On

January 13, 2015

NEW YORK - A week after making the announcement that he would return to the professional wrestling business, Shane McMahon held a press conference at his New York City office today where he announced further developments with his company, World Series Wrestling. McMahon was joined by Kevin Kay, president of Spike, and John Laurinaitis, who in a shocker--was announced as Head of Creative. The announcement of Laurinaitis' hiring was not the only notable occurrence. Highlights of the press conference are transcribed below:

Shane McMahon Opening Statement: I just want to thank everyone for being in attendance today, as I hope this day will be remembered as fondly as last week's announcement of the creation of WSW. I would like to introduce Kevin Kay, the president of Spike, and Mr. John Laurinaitis, who I'm sure most that are familiar with this industry already know. John just flew in this morning and the ink may still be drying on his contract, but I am so excited to have him join the WSW family as the Head of Creative. Both of these gentlemen will have statements and be available for questions as well. I would like to take this time to thank the fans and supporters for their words of encouragement in the past week. I'm sure many of you can guess the question that I've been asked the most in the past seven days (laughter). Quite simply, the time is right for the birth of WSW. Contrary to popular belief, I never fell out of love with professional wrestling. As an adult, a businessman, a father, and a husband I thought it was in my best interest to pursue opportunities outside of the WWE back in 2010, but I was always still a fan. It has been a dream of mine to forge a new path in this business just as my grandfather and my father did, and I'm proud to announce that on Tuesday, September 8, 2015 we will do just that with the premier of WSW Ignition on Spike at 9 p.m. EST.

Kevin Kay Opening Statement: I would just like to thank Shane for having me today, as well as thank everyone in attendance. I'm here to represent Spike, and I speak on behalf of the network when I say that we could not be more happy to be the home and haven for World Series Wrestling. Spike has long been recognized as cutting edge television, and our network is constantly evolving. We view WSW as a natural fit. As Shane just said, WSW Ignition will air each and every Tuesday night at 9/8 ct beginning September 8. Ignition will be a power hour of television, and we will make this one of the most entertaining and captivating hours of programming on any network. Our goal at Spike is to present unique, engaging shows that get people talking, and I know WSW will be able to provide that to our audience.

John Laurinaitis Opening Statement: I'm very happy to be standing in front of you right now, because this means that I get to continue to do what I love and that's work with wrestling and wrestlers. I'm honored to serve as the Head of Creative, and I am anxious to get to work and put on the best wrestling television show each week. Anyone that knows my career knows that I spent the majority of my time in the ring internationally. Obviously as you travel around this world, there are different styles prevalent, and Shane's desire to showcase these styles is what drove me to WSW. All I have ever known in my adult life is wrestling, and it's something I hold near and dear. I can promise you that we will bring you the best we've got every night, and we will put on the best wrestling show you can find.

Q: Has any talent been signed yet, and how large will the roster be?

Shane McMahon: We are currently on an international hunt for talent. We call ourselves World Series Wrestling, and we want to emphasize the word 'World' as we truly want this to be an international spotlight. I can announce to you that Mauro Ranallo has been signed on to be the Director of Broadcasting, and play-by-play man for WSW.

Q: What will the format of Ignition be?

John Laurinaitis: Part of formatting Ignition is the fact that we have no format. We will keep the show fresh each and every week. Our goal is provide a strong in ring product, while maintaining an entertaining hook to keep our fans wanting more.

Q: Will you tour or will you tape from a fixed location?

Shane McMahon: Plans are being put into place right now regarding our television production. Our plan is establish ourselves as a first class, top of the line product and expand from there. But we do have plans to go on the road and tour.

Q: Any plans for Pay Per View?

Shane McMahon: (laughs) Man we are still nine months away from kickoff and already a pay per view question (laughter). As I said when I announced WSW, we are looking at every media platform available to highlight and grow our product.

Q: John, why WSW?

John Laurinaitis: WSW represents an opportunity to do what I love. Shane absolutely blew me away when he approached me with his business plan. This job allows me the chance to continue my passion, but gives me a chance to be a teacher as well and work with new in-ring talent as well as veterans.

As the press conference came to a close, Shane McMahon--ever the showman--returned to the podium to make one final announcement....

Shane McMahon: Before everyone packs up, I want to take the final moments of this press conference to officially announce the first ever talent signing in WSW history. Ladies and gentlemen......AJ Styles is now a member of WSW!

Comment

AJ's in! Woo!

Comment

AJ's in! Woo!

Comment

Alberto El Patron Leads New WSW Signees

January 19, 2015

NEW YORK - Alberto El Patron, formerly Alberto Del Rio in the WWE, has officially signed with Shane McMahon's World Series Wrestling (WSW). El Patron is the second signee to the new professional wrestling company and heads up a group of wrestlers that officially joined the company today.

Uhaa Nation has also joined WSW. The 27 year old has competed both domestically and internationally in Japan. A rare combination of size and agility, Nation was a highly sought after prospect by several of the major national companies. WSW appears to have beaten WWE to the punch, as it is known that WWE was interested in signing Nation to their NXT brand.

Fenix rounds out the group of signees. An international star and champion in AAA in Mexico and Pro Wrestling NOAH and Pro Wrestling Wave in Japan, Fenix will make his debut to the mainstream American audience in WSW.

Alberto El Patron, Uhaa Nation, and Fenix join AJ Styles--who was the first signee. It is clear that Shane McMahon and his team are looking to act quickly to prepare their roster. WSW is set to debut on Spike this fall with their weekly television show Ignition.

Comment

Alberto El Patron Leads New WSW Signees

January 19, 2015

NEW YORK - Alberto El Patron, formerly Alberto Del Rio in the WWE, has officially signed with Shane McMahon's World Series Wrestling (WSW). El Patron is the second signee to the new professional wrestling company and heads up a group of wrestlers that officially joined the company today.

Uhaa Nation has also joined WSW. The 27 year old has competed both domestically and internationally in Japan. A rare combination of size and agility, Nation was a highly sought after prospect by several of the major national companies. WSW appears to have beaten WWE to the punch, as it is known that WWE was interested in signing Nation to their NXT brand.

Fenix rounds out the group of signees. An international star and champion in AAA in Mexico and Pro Wrestling NOAH and Pro Wrestling Wave in Japan, Fenix will make his debut to the mainstream American audience in WSW.

Alberto El Patron, Uhaa Nation, and Fenix join AJ Styles--who was the first signee. It is clear that Shane McMahon and his team are looking to act quickly to prepare their roster. WSW is set to debut on Spike this fall with their weekly television show Ignition.

Comment

Alberto could be a big deal. He has all the tools. But even Lucha Underground doesn't use him in right in my opinion. Should be interesting to see how he fairs here.

Uhaa I have no opinion on. When he makes his NXT debut, that will be the first match of his I'll ever see. I got some wrestling blind spots. haha.

Love Fenix. He's gold in the ring.

Comment

Alberto could be a big deal. He has all the tools. But even Lucha Underground doesn't use him in right in my opinion. Should be interesting to see how he fairs here.

Uhaa I have no opinion on. When he makes his NXT debut, that will be the first match of his I'll ever see. I got some wrestling blind spots. haha.

Love Fenix. He's gold in the ring.

Comment

February 2, 2015

More Signings For McMahon's WSW

NEW YORK - After a busy month of January, WSW and Shane McMahon started February with a wave of new signings.

Chael Sonnen, a former mixed martial artist who competed in UFC, has signed with WSW to join the on-air broadcast team partnering with Director of Broadcasting and play-by-play man Mauro Ranallo. A former All-American wrestler at the University of Oregon, Sonnen retired from MMA after an eighteen year career.

Matt Sydal, a journeyman throughout promotions in the United States and Japan just completed a six year career in the WWE as Evan Bourne. Sydal is one of the most innovative high flyers in the world, and brings his unique style to WSW.

Chris Sabin brings a tremendous amount of experience in a relatively short amount of time. Sabin has held eleven championships throughout his career, and is a one time World Champion as a member of TNA. Sabin is one half of The Motor City Machine Guns tag team.

Alex Shelley, the other half of The Motor City Machine Guys, has also signed with WSW. Shelley is a highly decorated international performer as both a singles and tag team competitor.

PJ Black, formerly Justin Gabriel in the WWE, also was announced as a signee. The South African wrestler was quoted as saying he was seeking a "reset" of his career.

WSW will debut on September 8 on Spike with the debut of their weekly series Ignition.

March 2, 2015

Mysterio Jr. And Arn Anderson Headline New WSW Signees

NEW YORK - The newest group of World Series Wrestling talent was announced today and it was headlined by several big name veterans.

Rey Mysterio Jr. has officially joined WSW. Signed earlier today, Mysterio will return to original ring name "Rey Mysterio Jr." Mysterio Jr. was released from his WWE contract four days ago and was a high profile target for Shane McMahon. Mysterio Jr. is one of the most decorated international professional wrestlers in history, and has worked for almost every major company in the past twenty-five years. Mysterio Jr. will be relied on as both an in-ring competitor and leader backstage.

Arn Anderson has joined WSW as the Head of Talent Relations and will serve as a member of the WSW broadcast team joining play-by-play broadcaster Mauro Ranallo and Chael Sonnen.

Masato Yoshino and Genki Horiguchi have been signed as well. Both wrestlers have spent the majority of their careers in Japan's Dragon Gate promotion. While both men have made appearances on American television, joining WSW will be their first mainstream exposure to the North American audience. It is believed that the men will work together as a tag team.

Shelton Benjamin rounds out the group of signings announced by WSW. Benjamin is well known both domestically and abroad. A two-time All American wrestler at the University of Minnesota, Benjamin is known as one of the most athletic wrestlers in the world.

Comment

February 2, 2015

More Signings For McMahon's WSW

NEW YORK - After a busy month of January, WSW and Shane McMahon started February with a wave of new signings.

Chael Sonnen, a former mixed martial artist who competed in UFC, has signed with WSW to join the on-air broadcast team partnering with Director of Broadcasting and play-by-play man Mauro Ranallo. A former All-American wrestler at the University of Oregon, Sonnen retired from MMA after an eighteen year career.

Matt Sydal, a journeyman throughout promotions in the United States and Japan just completed a six year career in the WWE as Evan Bourne. Sydal is one of the most innovative high flyers in the world, and brings his unique style to WSW.

Chris Sabin brings a tremendous amount of experience in a relatively short amount of time. Sabin has held eleven championships throughout his career, and is a one time World Champion as a member of TNA. Sabin is one half of The Motor City Machine Guns tag team.

Alex Shelley, the other half of The Motor City Machine Guys, has also signed with WSW. Shelley is a highly decorated international performer as both a singles and tag team competitor.

PJ Black, formerly Justin Gabriel in the WWE, also was announced as a signee. The South African wrestler was quoted as saying he was seeking a "reset" of his career.

WSW will debut on September 8 on Spike with the debut of their weekly series Ignition.

March 2, 2015

Mysterio Jr. And Arn Anderson Headline New WSW Signees

NEW YORK - The newest group of World Series Wrestling talent was announced today and it was headlined by several big name veterans.

Rey Mysterio Jr. has officially joined WSW. Signed earlier today, Mysterio will return to original ring name "Rey Mysterio Jr." Mysterio Jr. was released from his WWE contract four days ago and was a high profile target for Shane McMahon. Mysterio Jr. is one of the most decorated international professional wrestlers in history, and has worked for almost every major company in the past twenty-five years. Mysterio Jr. will be relied on as both an in-ring competitor and leader backstage.

Arn Anderson has joined WSW as the Head of Talent Relations and will serve as a member of the WSW broadcast team joining play-by-play broadcaster Mauro Ranallo and Chael Sonnen.

Masato Yoshino and Genki Horiguchi have been signed as well. Both wrestlers have spent the majority of their careers in Japan's Dragon Gate promotion. While both men have made appearances on American television, joining WSW will be their first mainstream exposure to the North American audience. It is believed that the men will work together as a tag team.

Shelton Benjamin rounds out the group of signings announced by WSW. Benjamin is well known both domestically and abroad. A two-time All American wrestler at the University of Minnesota, Benjamin is known as one of the most athletic wrestlers in the world.

Comment

Working...
                              X