Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMA I: Boys & Girls in America (General Discussion & Role Playing Thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MMA I: Boys & Girls in America (General Discussion & Role Playing Thread)

Originally posted by Chaos Kid View Post
    Chaos Kid spots Mad Dog trying to get in-between Chaos and Dragon Storm, Chaos Kid looks Dog up and down

“Look Pup, this is between me and shadow, make yourself useful and get a dam ring, I know what you are thinking pup that me and shadow is going to start fighting and wreck the place….newsflash the place is already wrecked. Don’t get me wrong I don’t like shadow and probably more than likely Shadow doesn’t like me but after a decade of fighting I think we both have a level of respect for each other.”

Chaos Kid looks around at the rest of the wrestlers in the building
    “Anyhow you should be grateful we are here, cause looking around here I don’t see much”

Chaos Kid looks at Mad Dog, looking him up and down
    “yeah I don’t see much at all”
    Hey, man ... I got a ring ...

A big one!

It's in storage ...

Originally posted by dragonstorm View Post
    *Dragon Storm grabs the brush from Chaos Kid*

"Thanks "kid", where are all these other losers that are supposed
    to be helping clean up this stinking pile of trash place?

*A brick falls and hits Chaos Kid on the head*

"That will leave a mark."
    *Mad Dog gasps as the brick hits Kid in the head. Quickly, the uninsured promoter of MMA goes through a list of scenarios where it was actually Chaos Kid's fault.

But remarkedly, it doesn't seem like he needs any of them. Chaos seems fine.

Home boy took a brick to the head and swatted at it like a fly ...

Comment

Chaos Kid spots Mad Dog trying to get in-between Chaos and Dragon Storm, Chaos Kid looks Dog up and down

“Look Pup, this is between me and shadow, make yourself useful and get a dam ring, I know what you are thinking pup that me and shadow is going to start fighting and wreck the place….newsflash the place is already wrecked. Don’t get me wrong I don’t like shadow and probably more than likely Shadow doesn’t like me but after a decade of fighting I think we both have a level of respect for each other.”

Chaos Kid looks around at the rest of the wrestlers in the building
      “Anyhow you should be grateful we are here, cause looking around here I don’t see much”

Chaos Kid looks at Mad Dog, looking him up and down
      “yeah I don’t see much at all”
      Hey, man ... I got a ring ...

A big one!

It's in storage ...

*Dragon Storm grabs the brush from Chaos Kid*

"Thanks "kid", where are all these other losers that are supposed
      to be helping clean up this stinking pile of trash place?

*A brick falls and hits Chaos Kid on the head*

"That will leave a mark."
      *Mad Dog gasps as the brick hits Kid in the head. Quickly, the uninsured promoter of MMA goes through a list of scenarios where it was actually Chaos Kid's fault.

But remarkedly, it doesn't seem like he needs any of them. Chaos seems fine.

Home boy took a brick to the head and swatted at it like a fly ...

Comment

"Now you see Chaos was a kid back when Noah was building his ark so you see
        he doesn't have it anymore. One wrong bump and he ends up like Humpty Dumpty.
        Ok Scooby when does my pyro arrive? I also want a red cape and a flamethrower.
        Why can't we just move into the old ECW bingo hall we can kick out all the old
        folks there."

Comment

folks there."

Comment

"yeah lets him have a flamethrower, or maybe we can toast a shadow" mocks Chaos kid "you really think I dont have it anymore, chuck one of those PW loser in a ring with me and I'll prove if I still got it, you can see them all trying not to have eye contact with us, just proves that I intimate them"

Comment

"yeah lets him have a flamethrower, or maybe we can toast a shadow" mocks Chaos kid "you really think I dont have it anymore, chuck one of those PW loser in a ring with me and I'll prove if I still got it, you can see them all trying not to have eye contact with us, just proves that I intimate them"

Comment

folks there."
                *Mad Dog is only half listening to Dragon. He still can't believe that the Chaos Kid is still standing.

Oh, yeah, I might have an old cape laying around. No flame throwers, though. We'd never get an insurance company to-

Okay, guys, let's chill out here. You're scaring the FOOWS. (*Fresh Out of Wrestling School).

Uh, Kid, why don't you go scare the homeless people out of the steam room? Huh? YOu'd be great at that. Just remember, it's like wrestling. No closed fists.

And Dragon? Literally all the toilets are clogged up. Why don't you ...

*Mad Dog looks into Dragon eyes and changes his mind.

Why don't I go take care of that and you just keep doing what you're doing ... okay?

Comment

folks there."
                  *Mad Dog is only half listening to Dragon. He still can't believe that the Chaos Kid is still standing.

Oh, yeah, I might have an old cape laying around. No flame throwers, though. We'd never get an insurance company to-

Okay, guys, let's chill out here. You're scaring the FOOWS. (*Fresh Out of Wrestling School).

Uh, Kid, why don't you go scare the homeless people out of the steam room? Huh? YOu'd be great at that. Just remember, it's like wrestling. No closed fists.

And Dragon? Literally all the toilets are clogged up. Why don't you ...

*Mad Dog looks into Dragon eyes and changes his mind.

Why don't I go take care of that and you just keep doing what you're doing ... okay?

Comment

The Official Man on Man Action Format

Ladies and Gentlemen, MMA is just two weeks from debuting in PW. I wanna give the heads up to all our competitors, as well as potential voters, on what the format will be for the event.

For the most part MMA will have a very similar format to all other PW events. There are a few differences.

1. The General Discussion Thread.

The first MMA event, Boys & Girls in America, currently has a general discussion thread open to all participants as well as potential voters. This thread serves as promotion for the event as well as a type of role playing sandbox. The idea is to develop your character and feuds and get the attention of voters. Since votes determine who wins the matches, its good to give voters as much reason as possible to vote for you. Voters are encouraged to take the General Discussion Thread into consideration when they pick their winners.

2. Pre-Match Promos.

Twenty Four hours before every match, a dedicated Pre-Match Promo thread will go up. This will serve as a two minute warning. A last chance for each competitor to stand out. Once again, voters are encouraged to take these promos into consideration when picking their winners. And participants are encouraged to take time to think about what they'll say. Remember your favorite promos. Channel your heroes. Be creative.

3. The match.

For twenty four hours, voters will have the opportunity to vote for their winners. This is where a winner will be decided. Contenders for championships and championships themselves are determined by winning MMA match ups. All are welcome to vote, but competitors are especially encouraged to vote. Since your fellow fictional wrestlers are putting their hearts into this, it would be a great show of support to vote in every single match, excluding your own. Unlike the PW events, you're not allowed to vote for yourself. While there is no punishment for that, (in an effort to make this a fun, care free event,) votes for yourself won't count.

4. The Finish.

Having won a match, the winner is awarded the opportunity to tell everyone how he or she won the match. This is a chance to be creative, as voters are encouraged to take finishes into consideration the next time the winning wrestler is in a match. This is especially important in our first event, as everyone will be wrestling twice. The finish is an opportunity to keep voters or win new voters for the second match.
                    The entire event should be over in four days. This will allow two days for pre-match promos threads and two days for actual matches. If this event is a success and there is interest in doing a second one, a brand new General Discussion and Role Playing thread will be created shortly. There will be a short sign up period for new Participants, and we can start looking forward to our second event.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I hope you all find this format acceptable. I look forward to playing out this event. Hope everyone has a good time.

Next Thursday I will post the actual card for MMA I: Boys & Girls in America. Everyone will see who they're going up against. And we'll learn how the first ever MMA Champion will be crowned.

Comment

The Official Man on Man Action Format

Ladies and Gentlemen, MMA is just two weeks from debuting in PW. I wanna give the heads up to all our competitors, as well as potential voters, on what the format will be for the event.

For the most part MMA will have a very similar format to all other PW events. There are a few differences.

1. The General Discussion Thread.

The first MMA event, Boys & Girls in America, currently has a general discussion thread open to all participants as well as potential voters. This thread serves as promotion for the event as well as a type of role playing sandbox. The idea is to develop your character and feuds and get the attention of voters. Since votes determine who wins the matches, its good to give voters as much reason as possible to vote for you. Voters are encouraged to take the General Discussion Thread into consideration when they pick their winners.

2. Pre-Match Promos.

Twenty Four hours before every match, a dedicated Pre-Match Promo thread will go up. This will serve as a two minute warning. A last chance for each competitor to stand out. Once again, voters are encouraged to take these promos into consideration when picking their winners. And participants are encouraged to take time to think about what they'll say. Remember your favorite promos. Channel your heroes. Be creative.

3. The match.

For twenty four hours, voters will have the opportunity to vote for their winners. This is where a winner will be decided. Contenders for championships and championships themselves are determined by winning MMA match ups. All are welcome to vote, but competitors are especially encouraged to vote. Since your fellow fictional wrestlers are putting their hearts into this, it would be a great show of support to vote in every single match, excluding your own. Unlike the PW events, you're not allowed to vote for yourself. While there is no punishment for that, (in an effort to make this a fun, care free event,) votes for yourself won't count.

4. The Finish.

Having won a match, the winner is awarded the opportunity to tell everyone how he or she won the match. This is a chance to be creative, as voters are encouraged to take finishes into consideration the next time the winning wrestler is in a match. This is especially important in our first event, as everyone will be wrestling twice. The finish is an opportunity to keep voters or win new voters for the second match.
                      The entire event should be over in four days. This will allow two days for pre-match promos threads and two days for actual matches. If this event is a success and there is interest in doing a second one, a brand new General Discussion and Role Playing thread will be created shortly. There will be a short sign up period for new Participants, and we can start looking forward to our second event.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I hope you all find this format acceptable. I look forward to playing out this event. Hope everyone has a good time.

Next Thursday I will post the actual card for MMA I: Boys & Girls in America. Everyone will see who they're going up against. And we'll learn how the first ever MMA Champion will be crowned.

Comment

Very interesting but I'm only here to bust balls...

Thank you Surrender!!!
                        Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
                        If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Comment

Thank you Surrender!!!
                          Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
                          If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Comment

am i reading this right or maybe I got the wrong end of the stick, but you only got a 24 hour window to post promos, and the whole event is only 4 days, if it was roughly a week, then people who are usually busy with work or family life would make it easier for them to take part. Otherwise you might have a guy/gal who been working a long shift at work and the last thing on his/her mind is writing promos, with a larger window you also got a chance to do a promo reacting to your opponent promo, so I would suggest stretching out the event a little.

Comment

am i reading this right or maybe I got the wrong end of the stick, but you only got a 24 hour window to post promos, and the whole event is only 4 days, if it was roughly a week, then people who are usually busy with work or family life would make it easier for them to take part. Otherwise you might have a guy/gal who been working a long shift at work and the last thing on his/her mind is writing promos, with a larger window you also got a chance to do a promo reacting to your opponent promo, so I would suggest stretching out the event a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Mistress View Post
                                The Ball Buster. Yeah, I could put that on a t-shirt ...

I could make it longer I guess. I'll workshop it with the others and see what's up. See what the consensus is. I do wanna balance having a good window with making the event quick. But we could probably do both.

Comment

Working...
                                X