• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PW Royal Rumble (2017) - Card & Discussion

Current champions

Heavyweight Championship
    Aaron
    Won at SummerSlam 2016 (former champion: EasyRider)
    Title defenses: 1

Tag Team Championship
    The Dazz & Rad

Won at SummerSlam 2016 (former champions: StarTouch - Untouchable & SM)

Intercontinental Championship
    President Blindy

Won at SummerSlam 2016 (former champion: Ness)

Junior Heavyweight Championship
    LS

Won at WrestleMania 2016 (former champion: The Main Event)
    Title defenses: 2

PW ROYAL RUMBLE

1)
    Tag Team Championship
    Tag Team Tourmoil
    Raven* & Lony vs. RT & Oncall vs. President Blindy & Ness vs. The Dazz & Rad (c)

After losing an 'I Join, I Quit' match to RT at Survivor Series (and thus being forced to utter the words "I Join"), Oncall is now a member of Team Authority. Despite despising the stable, Oncall must obey their orders, with the first demand coming from RT. Oncall must help Team Authority earn the stable's first championship together. RT has the most Tag Team Championship reigns in history and was the inaugural champion - all with different partners - but how will he fare when Oncall is being forced to compete against his will?

We saw similar happenings with Ness and President Blindy at Survivor Series; Ness lost his rematch clause to Intercontinental Champion President Blindy in a Lumberjack match, and as a result was forced to sign a contract that obliges him to the President's cabinet and Royal Rumble campaign. Will Ness show loyalty to the President, even though his commitment to Blindy's cabinet is only being mandated for one event? Will Ness, whose mental stability has been brought into question in the past, be able to handle his new position in the Coliseum? Or he will he simply be on a high from ending the career of Broken Emperor in Survivor Series' 'Loser Leaves the Coliseum' match - AND from the possibility of becoming the first ever PW triple crown winner?

It was one year ago that Raven* and Lony fought against each other for the Heavyweight Championship at this event, but now they look to win their first Tag Team Championships together. They came up short at Survivor Series against The Dazz and Rad after interference from the returning Mad Dog Smith. Can The Dazz and Rad finally prove the critics who call them 'fluke champions' wrong by winning the Coliseum's first ever Tag Team Turmoil match, where ALL teams - even the champions - will enter in a random order?

2)
    Junior Heavyweight Championship

Lawrence vs. LS (c)

LS has been Junior Heavyweight Champion since WrestleMania 2016, with his most recent defense being a victory over President Blindy. LS has reportedly challenged Lawrence to this championship match - but why? These two have never interacted inside the Coliseum, so what has led to the champion laying down a challenge for his own title?

3)
    'Loser Enters First' Match
    Stipulation: The loser becomes the #1 entry in the Royal Rumble match
    SM vs. Untouchable

Former best friends and Tag Team Champions turned bitter enemies collide in a Pick Your Poison match. We saw the attempts SM and Untouchable made to spite each other at Survivor Series, with Trios Tournament partners being traded back and forth for leverage. Who will earn bragging rights and be able to potentially sabotage their opponent's WrestleMania dreams?

4)
    Intercontinental Championship
    (Champion vs. Champion II)

LS vs. President Blindy (c) [w/Ness]

President Blindy's team's victory in the Trios Tournament at Survivor Series earned him a shot at LS' Junior Heavyweight Championship later in the event. LS walked out of the first ever Coliseum champion vs. champion match with his title reign still intact, but by pinning the Intercontinental Champion, LS is now in line for a title shot of his own - this time with President Blindy on the title defense side. LS' victory over the President wasn't without controversy as a unknown competitor with a black hood covering their face attacked the President in the closing moments of the match. Will President Blindy's secret service uncover who attacked Blindy and prevented him from becoming a double champion?

Furthermore, what role will Ness play now that he has been forced to join the President's cabinet? How will Ness feel about standing at ringside for an IC title match, one year after he won that title at this very same event, with this being the first Coliseum event in a year that Ness isn't competing in an Intercontinental title match? And will this match even be a champion vs. champion match by the time it rolls around, considering LS has to defend his Junior Heavyweight title earlier in the event?

5)
    Pick Your Poison Texas Bullrope [Mad]Dog Leash match
    Stipulation: Winner selects the loser's entry number in the Royal Rumble match
    Mad Dog Smith vs. Lony

Mad Dog Smith was once Lony's protege, and together the four-man mWo stable held every title in the Coliseum. But it wasn't too long before Lony realized he created a monster. Mad Dog has managed to find every way in the book to duck Lony in the past year: screwing over Lony in the second round of Gold Rush to avoid any chance of the two competing against each other in the semi-finals; pulling out of their steel cage tag team match at SummerSlam due to an unsubstantiated groin injury; and completely disappearing just in time for Survivor Series...that is, until Mad Dog made his surprise return at Survivor Series by screwing over Lony once again, this time as Lony and Raven* looked to win the Tag Team Championships.

Just as the steel cage match stipulation at SummerSlam was designed to prevent Mad Dog Smith from ducking Lony, this [Mad]Dog Leash match - a variation of a Texas Bullrope match - will make it impossible for Mad Dog to catch a breather away from Lony. Furthermore, the board of directors have announced that if Mad Dog Smith no-shows like he did the SummerSlam cage match, he will be fired from the Coliseum. Will Lony finally get his hands on Mad Dog Smith? And who will touch all four corners first and earn the right to choose their opponent's entry number in the Royal Rumble match? Don't forget, Mad Dog entered last year's Royal Rumble match at #1 after losing a 'Loser Enters First' match to Ness and was unable to make the mark that he hoped for in the Rumble match...while Ness went on to win the Rumble!

6)
    Heavyweight Championship

WMS vs. Aaron (c)

WMS earned a Heavyweight title match by winning an Ultimate X triple threat match at SummerSlam, and at that same event, Aaron became the Heavyweight Champion by cashing in Money in the Bank on his tag partner EasyRider. WMS was given the power to choose Aaron's opponent at Survivor Series, but rather than choosing an elite competitor, he chose Falcone, whom Aaron put away with relative ease. After a disappointing run for the first half of 2016, WMS vowed to rebuild & reclaim beginning at SummerSlam. The rebuild phase is over, but can he reclaim? Or will Aaron win his most important match to date (after all, he won the title by unexpectedly cashing in his briefcase and his defense was considered by many to be a softball) by defeating WMS and therefore solidify himself as a dominant champion?

7)
    PW Royal Rumble match
    No. 1 Contendership to the Heavyweight Championship

Stipulation: Winner earns a Heavyweight Championship match at PW WrestleMania

Last year, Ness won the first ever PW Royal Rumble match and went on to win the Heavyweight Championship from Raven* in the main event of WrestleMania. Who will earn a ticket to a Heavyweight Championship match on PW's grandest stage?

Royal Rumble participants
    (Sign up in this thread or by PM!)
    Spoiler

Re: PW Royal Rumble (2017) - Card & Discussion

Interesting little card, LS... looking forward to getting my hands (or is it paws?) on Mad Dog, as this match has been a long time coming. Also [MENTION=13403]Raven*[/MENTION] and I will right the wrong that was PW Survivor Series, and finally win those tag team titles.

Banner Credit: Surrender
    Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
    Dragon Ball Super, Pokemon Sun & Moon

Comment

Interesting little card, LS... looking forward to getting my hands (or is it paws?) on Mad Dog, as this match has been a long time coming. Also [MENTION=13403]Raven*[/MENTION] and I will right the wrong that was PW Survivor Series, and finally win those tag team titles.

Banner Credit: Surrender
      Made Nerdery Moderator - April 21st, 2015

Anime Currently Watching
      Dragon Ball Super, Pokemon Sun & Moon

Comment

I may have failed to defend the PW Heavyweight Championship on PW soil, but I'll have a shot at being the first grand slam champion. Because the European is interchangeable with the Junior.

Comment

I may have failed to defend the PW Heavyweight Championship on PW soil, but I'll have a shot at being the first grand slam champion. Because the European is interchangeable with the Junior.

Comment

sign me up

Comment

sign me up

Comment

It's refreshing to see that [MENTION=27589]Oncall[/MENTION] is playing ball and doing what is necessary for the greater good. Joining Team Authority was not easy for him, I know, but in time he will see the light and know what is right.

Together we will bring gold to Team Authority's ranks and as the most successful PW Tag Team Champion in history, I will happily share the honour once again with my new partner and Team Authority's newest member.

Do you see, Oncall? Do you all see, PW Universe? This is what happens when you let Team Authority into your hearts. This is what happens when you accept the fact that we only want what is best for PW. You are greatly rewarded. You go from your lowest of lows to a PW Champion.

Comment

It's refreshing to see that [MENTION=27589]Oncall[/MENTION] is playing ball and doing what is necessary for the greater good. Joining Team Authority was not easy for him, I know, but in time he will see the light and know what is right.

Together we will bring gold to Team Authority's ranks and as the most successful PW Tag Team Champion in history, I will happily share the honour once again with my new partner and Team Authority's newest member.

Do you see, Oncall? Do you all see, PW Universe? This is what happens when you let Team Authority into your hearts. This is what happens when you accept the fact that we only want what is best for PW. You are greatly rewarded. You go from your lowest of lows to a PW Champion.

Comment

Ill join and be the Ellsworth of this Rumble

Thank you Surrender!!!
                    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
                    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Comment

Ill join and be the Ellsworth of this Rumble

Thank you Surrender!!!
                      Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
                      If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Comment

No matter what i'm forced to do, the fact is that [MENTION=2111]RT[/MENTION] and no-one else for that matter has ever proved me wrong about the screwjob. Real talk for a second, i'm never going to shut up about this, I am always going to talk about it until one of two things occur.

1. The guilty parties step forward and admit they didn't look over the work, they simply voted for the Nerdery representative Lony because that's what was cool and in doing so, spit in the faces of the rest of us who put hard work in.

2. Actually look over my six points of contention and prove me wrong.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Originally posted by The Miz
                        I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
                        Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 300-ish

Comment

No matter what i'm forced to do, the fact is that [MENTION=2111]RT[/MENTION] and no-one else for that matter has ever proved me wrong about the screwjob. Real talk for a second, i'm never going to shut up about this, I am always going to talk about it until one of two things occur.

1. The guilty parties step forward and admit they didn't look over the work, they simply voted for the Nerdery representative Lony because that's what was cool and in doing so, spit in the faces of the rest of us who put hard work in.

2. Actually look over my six points of contention and prove me wrong.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Originally posted by The Miz
                          I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
                          Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 300-ish

Comment

Can someone just book a rematch between Oncall and Lony? Save us!

Comment

Can someone just book a rematch between Oncall and Lony? Save us!

Comment

Working...
                              X