WI General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WI General Discussion

I love that the people who are outraged about these sort of things always look like how you imagined them to.

Comment

Hey I've been to that pub behind the reporter. It's pretty good.

Anyway, that chick is a fucking asshole and shame on City for even running this story. It's so stupid. Caribana is a celebration of traditional, aboriginal culture. They're quite literally using their own celebration of their heritage to also celebrate Canada's native heritage, and people are mad?

Fuuuuck yoouuuu

Comment

Hey I've been to that pub behind the reporter. It's pretty good.

Anyway, that chick is a fucking asshole and shame on City for even running this story. It's so stupid. Caribana is a celebration of traditional, aboriginal culture. They're quite literally using their own celebration of their heritage to also celebrate Canada's native heritage, and people are mad?

Fuuuuck yoouuuu

Comment

I take this as a sign that the world has no hope:

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/05/2...-leave-campus/

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by iNCY View Post

If the adminstration on that campus had any balls they would expel everyone of those "protestors"

Comment

If the adminstration on that campus had any balls they would expel everyone of those "protestors"

Comment

I watched that video the other day and couldn't get more than a few minutes in. It's not surprising this happened at a liberal arts college.

The protestors didn't want to hear his explanation and were wrong to begin with. He didn't do or say anything remotely racist. What a complete joke.

Comment

I watched that video the other day and couldn't get more than a few minutes in. It's not surprising this happened at a liberal arts college.

The protestors didn't want to hear his explanation and were wrong to begin with. He didn't do or say anything remotely racist. What a complete joke.

Comment

This is where the US and identity politics is heading. Take the us versus them logic that fuels the news stations and apply it to racial matters and this is what you get. Groups screaming for equality by breaking each other down instead of building each other up. The belief to many students in highly liberal aeras is if you are a white male, you need to feel guilty about being white and male and the benefits that your race and sex give you AND make amends for it. It is really bad, and pretty much keeps me off campus now as I did not realize how crazy these people are until I offended a few of them by saying that online fourth wave feminist activism is not as effective as third wave protests were.
                      Last edited by Engel; 05-28-2017, 12:14 AM.
                      Flowers gathered in the morning,
                      Afternoon they blossom on,
                      Still are withered by the evening:
                      You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

This is where the US and identity politics is heading. Take the us versus them logic that fuels the news stations and apply it to racial matters and this is what you get. Groups screaming for equality by breaking each other down instead of building each other up. The belief to many students in highly liberal aeras is if you are a white male, you need to feel guilty about being white and male and the benefits that your race and sex give you AND make amends for it. It is really bad, and pretty much keeps me off campus now as I did not realize how crazy these people are until I offended a few of them by saying that online fourth wave feminist activism is not as effective as third wave protests were.

Comment

I thought you were going to go with the Portland women who opened up a burrito spot only to be told since they're white they are culturally appropriating tortillas.

http://www.portlandmercury.com/blogt...illamette-week
                          Portland has an appropriation problem.

This week in white nonsense, two white women—Kali Wilgus and Liz “LC” Connely—decided it would be cute to open a food truck after a fateful excursion to Mexico. There’s really nothing special about opening a Mexican restaurant—it’s probably something that happens everyday. But the owners of Kooks Burritos all but admitted in an interview with Willamette Week that they colonized this style of food when they decided to “pick the brains of every tortilla lady there in the worst broken Spanish ever.”

“...You can eat $5 lobster on the beach,” Connelly said, “which they give you with this bucket of tortillas.” The “they” she was referring to were probably the Mexican “abuelitas” these two women preyed upon in order to appropriate the secrets of their livelihood. Suitably impressed, these tourists began asking the locals questions about how these tortillas were made. “They told us basic ingredients,” Connelly said, adding “[but] they wouldn't tell us too much about technique.” Hmmm. Wonder why? This is where things go from quirky to predatory if you haven’t already guessed.

“…We were peeking into window of every kitchen, totally fascinated by how easy they made it look,” she said. So let’s recap the story thus far: These two white women went to Mexico, ate tacos, and then decided they would just take what the locals clearly didn't want to give them. If that wasn't bad enough, they decided to pack up all their stolen intellectual property and repackage it in one of the few places where such a business could plausibly work: Portland, Oregon.

I consider myself socially liberal and all but yeah, this ain't helping.

BRB going to tell all my Chinese brethren we are no longer allowed to make hamburgers.

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
                          Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

Comment

I thought you were going to go with the Portland women who opened up a burrito spot only to be told since they're white they are culturally appropriating tortillas.

http://www.portlandmercury.com/blogt...illamette-week
                            Portland has an appropriation problem.

This week in white nonsense, two white women—Kali Wilgus and Liz “LC” Connely—decided it would be cute to open a food truck after a fateful excursion to Mexico. There’s really nothing special about opening a Mexican restaurant—it’s probably something that happens everyday. But the owners of Kooks Burritos all but admitted in an interview with Willamette Week that they colonized this style of food when they decided to “pick the brains of every tortilla lady there in the worst broken Spanish ever.”

“...You can eat $5 lobster on the beach,” Connelly said, “which they give you with this bucket of tortillas.” The “they” she was referring to were probably the Mexican “abuelitas” these two women preyed upon in order to appropriate the secrets of their livelihood. Suitably impressed, these tourists began asking the locals questions about how these tortillas were made. “They told us basic ingredients,” Connelly said, adding “[but] they wouldn't tell us too much about technique.” Hmmm. Wonder why? This is where things go from quirky to predatory if you haven’t already guessed.

“…We were peeking into window of every kitchen, totally fascinated by how easy they made it look,” she said. So let’s recap the story thus far: These two white women went to Mexico, ate tacos, and then decided they would just take what the locals clearly didn't want to give them. If that wasn't bad enough, they decided to pack up all their stolen intellectual property and repackage it in one of the few places where such a business could plausibly work: Portland, Oregon.

I consider myself socially liberal and all but yeah, this ain't helping.

BRB going to tell all my Chinese brethren we are no longer allowed to make hamburgers.

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
                            Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

Comment

The author of that slam piece got fired if you can call writing about smoking weed twice a month in a blog working. She is also extremely racism on twitter.

Comment

The author of that slam piece got fired if you can call writing about smoking weed twice a month in a blog working. She is also extremely racism on twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X