The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

I don't see why we're still discussing this in a thread for Election Day. It's over. It's done. President Trump is going to be a thing and it's time to move forward.

Donal Trump's proposed cabinet: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabinet_of_Donald_Trump

I watched some of the questioning of Betsy DeVos last night and I gotta say...how can anyone watch that and think Donald Trump is going to make America better?

Examples: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...anken-real-bad

And this is one nominee. Everyone he's put forward so far has been terrible for one reason or another, and seem to go against everything Trump said in his campaign.

I'm just trying to understand. I know politicians, lobbyists, etc are horrible on both sides. But how can people still sit back and say "America's gonna be great!" while watching Trump contradict himself at every turn?

Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

If we aren't in massive trade wars by sometime into the 2nd year of this nightmare I'll be shocked....
    Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
    Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

Comment

If we aren't in massive trade wars by sometime into the 2nd year of this nightmare I'll be shocked....
      Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
      Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

Comment

More cabinet fun comes with the admission that Rick Perry took on the Secretary of Energy job without knowing that 2/3's of the job relates to maintaining our nuclear weapons program.

Comment

More cabinet fun comes with the admission that Rick Perry took on the Secretary of Energy job without knowing that 2/3's of the job relates to maintaining our nuclear weapons program.

Comment

I feel safer already.

Comment

I feel safer already.

Comment

Lead us from death to victory, from falsehood to truth.
                Lead us from despair to hope, from faith to slaughter.
                Lead us to His strength and an eternity of war.
                Let His wrath fill our hearts.
                Death, war, and blood;
                in vengeance serve the Emperor and the name of Dorn!?
                Flowers gathered in the morning,
                Afternoon they blossom on,
                Still are withered by the evening:
                You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

Lead us from death to victory, from falsehood to truth.
                  Lead us from despair to hope, from faith to slaughter.
                  Lead us to His strength and an eternity of war.
                  Let His wrath fill our hearts.
                  Death, war, and blood;
                  in vengeance serve the Emperor and the name of Dorn!?
                  Flowers gathered in the morning,
                  Afternoon they blossom on,
                  Still are withered by the evening:
                  You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                    What better way to take on big government and shake things up than with people who have no idea what the concept of actual governance actually entails?
                    Originally posted by mx518
                    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
                    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
                    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                      What better way to take on big government and shake things up than with people who have no idea what the concept of actual governance actually entails?
                      he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
                      No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.

Comment

Originally posted by RT View Post
                        I don't see why we're still discussing this in a thread for Election Day. It's over. It's done. President Trump is going to be a thing and it's time to move forward.

Donal Trump's proposed cabinet: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabinet_of_Donald_Trump

I watched some of the questioning of Betsy DeVos last night and I gotta say...how can anyone watch that and think Donald Trump is going to make America better?

And this is one nominee. Everyone he's put forward so far has been terrible for one reason or another, and seem to go against everything Trump said in his campaign.

I'm just trying to understand. I know politicians, lobbyists, etc are horrible on both sides. But how can people still sit back and say "America's gonna be great!" while watching Trump contradict himself at every turn?
                        You beat me to it. I was just thinking yesterday how we need a new thread to discuss Trump's presidency, but I didn't make it.

As a Trump supporter, I am really not happy with his pick for Secretary of Education. This lady seems like a total nut, although I will admit that I don't know much about her aside from what I saw and read from her hearing yesterday...and it wasn't good.

Comment

Originally posted by RT View Post

You beat me to it. I was just thinking yesterday how we need a new thread to discuss Trump's presidency, but I didn't make it.

As a Trump supporter, I am really not happy with his pick for Secretary of Education. This lady seems like a total nut, although I will admit that I don't know much about her aside from what I saw and read from her hearing yesterday...and it wasn't good.

Comment

Originally posted by ant. View Post

I live in the state of Michigan, and the DeVos family's dismantling of this state's educational system was on full display in those hearings. Everything Betsy DeVos and her husband Dick have preached (literally) about education has led to the ruination of public schools not just in Detroit, but across the state. And the charter schools and the hyperspeed push for Christianity in schools isn't going so well for the state in terms of standardized testing, either.

Michigan residents knew exactly what it was. I wasn't surprised at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ant. View Post

I live in the state of Michigan, and the DeVos family's dismantling of this state's educational system was on full display in those hearings. Everything Betsy DeVos and her husband Dick have preached (literally) about education has led to the ruination of public schools not just in Detroit, but across the state. And the charter schools and the hyperspeed push for Christianity in schools isn't going so well for the state in terms of standardized testing, either.

Michigan residents knew exactly what it was. I wasn't surprised at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X