Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

Originally posted by Oncall View Post
    What are your thoughts on the fact that the ban avoided countries where Trump has business interests?
    From what I understand, the 7 countries on the list that were temporarily banned for 90 days were countries where vetting is difficult for us, considering their governments are all not that well put together. Also, I believe the Obama administration was looking into these 7 countries because of their high levels of terror activity.

And would people be happier if Trump added MORE countries to the list? They are pissed about a temporary ban on only 7, imagine if he added ALL Muslim countries? I have confidence that there is a reason he chose these 7 countries specifically, although I do see how it looks a little fishy that countries he does business with were not banned.

Again, not saying I completely agree with the whole thing and the way it was carried out, but I think there are reasons behind this decision other than just 'racism and Islamophobia'.

Comment

I'm okay with going the Japan route for immigration. Despite low birth rates they don't exactly welcome outsiders.

Also ban those gun toting toddlers too.

Comment

I'm okay with going the Japan route for immigration. Despite low birth rates they don't exactly welcome outsiders.

Also ban those gun toting toddlers too.

Comment

The argument here is mathematical really.

Let the probability of being killed by a toddler is ProbTod and the probability of being killed by a muslim extremist is ProbMus.

If:

A: ProbTod > ProbMus
          B: ProbTod < threshold for societal intervention

Then:

ProbMus < threshold for societal intervention.

Add in cost to implement and restriction of rights and the arguments only grows stronger that the need for intervention remains below that for the need of overall gun control, in particular removing guns from the hands of murderous toddlers.
          Flowers gathered in the morning,
          Afternoon they blossom on,
          Still are withered by the evening:
          You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

The argument here is mathematical really.

Let the probability of being killed by a toddler is ProbTod and the probability of being killed by a muslim extremist is ProbMus.

If:

A: ProbTod > ProbMus
            B: ProbTod < threshold for societal intervention

Then:

ProbMus < threshold for societal intervention.

Add in cost to implement and restriction of rights and the arguments only grows stronger that the need for intervention remains below that for the need of overall gun control, in particular removing guns from the hands of murderous toddlers.

Comment

What are your thoughts on the fact that the ban avoided countries where Trump has business interests?
              'Put money in my pocket and you'll have a friend in the United States of America.'

Also somewhat related: With Melania and Barron staying in NYC/Trump Tower, the Secret Service will have to protect them there -- and might be renting out a floor as a command post -- and where will that rent money ultimately be ending up?

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
              Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

Comment

'Put money in my pocket and you'll have a friend in the United States of America.'

Also somewhat related: With Melania and Barron staying in NYC/Trump Tower, the Secret Service will have to protect them there -- and might be renting out a floor as a command post -- and where will that rent money ultimately be ending up?

Nominee: PW's Most Knowledgeable Poster, 2006
                Co-winner: PW's Most Knowledgeable Nerd, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Michinokudriver View Post

NYC has asked for $35 million dollars to cover expected security costs because as of right now, the city is on the hook for that money. Nothing like this has happened and Trump's team doesn't seem to give a fuck so who knows where the money ends up or who pays for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Michinokudriver View Post

NYC has asked for $35 million dollars to cover expected security costs because as of right now, the city is on the hook for that money. Nothing like this has happened and Trump's team doesn't seem to give a fuck so who knows where the money ends up or who pays for it.

Comment

The average American is paying for it. We will be out billions from the Trump security details.

Comment

The average American is paying for it. We will be out billions from the Trump security details.

Comment

Originally posted by SensesFailed View Post
                          Conway should be banned from any news network. Don't bring her on, fuck the ratings she might bring, just, either bring her on and go after her like Anderson Cooper or don't have her at all.
                          Going to requote this one because of this.

She has zero credibility at this point (less than zero, I'd say).

Comment

Originally posted by SensesFailed View Post
                            Conway should be banned from any news network. Don't bring her on, fuck the ratings she might bring, just, either bring her on and go after her like Anderson Cooper or don't have her at all.
                            Going to requote this one because of this.

She has zero credibility at this point (less than zero, I'd say).

Comment

I believe that makes her presidential material to most Americans.

Comment

I believe that makes her presidential material to most Americans.

Comment

Working...
                                X