The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

Which incidents in France and Germany were committed by refugees?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ant. View Post

I personally was never for the "Muslim ban". MUCH stricter vetting and being more careful of who we let in here, absolutely. But one of the things that I disagreed with Trump on was simply banning all Muslims. I feel like the answer isn't that simple. I know that his executive order from last week wasn't technically the "Muslim ban" that he originally had proposed, but I still thought it was poorly executed.

Though I must say, looking at what has been going on in France and Germany really has part of me understanding where Trump is coming from on his stance on refugees. Of course, I have a heart and feel for those who are innocent people and simply seeking safety for their families and themselves. But at what point do we draw the line and establish that we need to worry about our people first? I know that the left likes to toss around the fact that no refugee has committed a terror attack in the US to date, but are we supposed to just keep letting people in and wait for something bad to happen like it already has in several other countries? The whole point of Trump's order was to PREVENT us from becoming the next France or Germany.
        What are your thoughts on the fact that the ban avoided countries where Trump has business interests?

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Originally posted by The Miz
        I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
        Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 300-ish

Comment

Originally posted by ant. View Post

I personally was never for the "Muslim ban". MUCH stricter vetting and being more careful of who we let in here, absolutely. But one of the things that I disagreed with Trump on was simply banning all Muslims. I feel like the answer isn't that simple. I know that his executive order from last week wasn't technically the "Muslim ban" that he originally had proposed, but I still thought it was poorly executed.

Though I must say, looking at what has been going on in France and Germany really has part of me understanding where Trump is coming from on his stance on refugees. Of course, I have a heart and feel for those who are innocent people and simply seeking safety for their families and themselves. But at what point do we draw the line and establish that we need to worry about our people first? I know that the left likes to toss around the fact that no refugee has committed a terror attack in the US to date, but are we supposed to just keep letting people in and wait for something bad to happen like it already has in several other countries? The whole point of Trump's order was to PREVENT us from becoming the next France or Germany.
          What are your thoughts on the fact that the ban avoided countries where Trump has business interests?

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Originally posted by The Miz
          I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
          Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 300-ish

Comment

Originally posted by RT View Post
            The Cologne Rapes/Sexual Assault on New Years I believe were.

Comment

Originally posted by RT View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                Shit I forgot all about that. That was fucked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                  Shit I forgot all about that. That was fucked up.

Comment

Well, numbers do not lie. You are more likely to be killed by a firearm wielding toddler than a refuge currently.
                    Flowers gathered in the morning,
                    Afternoon they blossom on,
                    Still are withered by the evening:
                    You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

Well, numbers do not lie. You are more likely to be killed by a firearm wielding toddler than a refuge currently.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Bone View Post
                        So ... Conway actually made up a Terrorist Attack that happened in 2011 to justify the Muslim Ban. The "Bowling Green Massacre."

For f*cks sake... they actually have intel in the White House. How does this even happen? Like, seriously, how?
                        I believe she simply reported an alternative fact.

Bowling Green, 2017, never forget...

Comment

Originally posted by T-Bone View Post
                          So ... Conway actually made up a Terrorist Attack that happened in 2011 to justify the Muslim Ban. The "Bowling Green Massacre."

For f*cks sake... they actually have intel in the White House. How does this even happen? Like, seriously, how?
                          I believe she simply reported an alternative fact.

Bowling Green, 2017, never forget...

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post
                            Unfortunately, there is an argument for eliminating Muslim immigration. In Australia we have seen a rise in second generation Muslims being involved in terrorism.

I might make a thread to discuss multiculturalism more generally.

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post
                              Unfortunately, there is an argument for eliminating Muslim immigration. In Australia we have seen a rise in second generation Muslims being involved in terrorism.

I might make a thread to discuss multiculturalism more generally.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncall View Post
                                From what I understand, the 7 countries on the list that were temporarily banned for 90 days were countries where vetting is difficult for us, considering their governments are all not that well put together. Also, I believe the Obama administration was looking into these 7 countries because of their high levels of terror activity.

And would people be happier if Trump added MORE countries to the list? They are pissed about a temporary ban on only 7, imagine if he added ALL Muslim countries? I have confidence that there is a reason he chose these 7 countries specifically, although I do see how it looks a little fishy that countries he does business with were not banned.

Again, not saying I completely agree with the whole thing and the way it was carried out, but I think there are reasons behind this decision other than just 'racism and Islamophobia'.
                                Last edited by ant.; 02-05-2017, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X