Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

Originally posted by SensesFailed View Post
    Conway should be banned from any news network. Don't bring her on, fuck the ratings she might bring, just, either bring her on and go after her like Anderson Cooper or don't have her at all.
    Here's the issue the issue with this one in particular. It's pretty blatantly false by ... any measure you can think of.

What it implies though is that (given this one was in the past) that this administration has NO PROBLEM MAKING UP INCIDENTS. So expect them to make up incidents to justify their actions later on or in the present.

Comment

Well she corrected herself for misspeaking an hour and a half later and noted she was talking about the terrorism arrests in Bowling Green. I'm just happy she admitted a mistake because that's so rare from this administration.

Its funny, but I'm giving it a pass for expressing anger.

Comment

Well she corrected herself for misspeaking an hour and a half later and noted she was talking about the terrorism arrests in Bowling Green. I'm just happy she admitted a mistake because that's so rare from this administration.

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post

Without acknowledging that they weren't planning any attack on Americans there but were planning on sending money overseas. Nor acknowledging that Obama didn't put on a 6 month ban on Iraqis but put a 6 month slowdown while they reviewed the specific flaw that allowed one of them in.

It is good that she was able to admit a mistake because they usually just double down on whatever they say. She'd still be wrong but at least she admitted to it.

Edit: I take it back; I read her "apology" on Twitter and just laughed. The sheer defensiveness and attacking media is just laughable.

NBC reporter texted me at 632am re:a diff story; never asked what I meant on @Hardball b4 slamming me on @TODAYshow Not cool,not journalism

1/2: Honest mistakes abound. Last night, prominent editor of liberal site apologized for almost running a story re: tweet from fake account

2/2: yet won't name him, attack him, get the base 2 descend upon him. Same with MLKJr bust fake story. It's called class, grace, deep breath
          But just to re-establish why it's still wrong:

1.No one was killed by refugees in Bowling Green.
          2.There was never even a plan to kill anyone in Bowling Green.
          3.There was no ban on Iraqi refugee admissions afterward.
          Last edited by T-Bone; 02-03-2017, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Without acknowledging that they weren't planning any attack on Americans there but were planning on sending money overseas. Nor acknowledging that Obama didn't put on a 6 month ban on Iraqis but put a 6 month slowdown while they reviewed the specific flaw that allowed one of them in.

It is good that she was able to admit a mistake because they usually just double down on whatever they say. She'd still be wrong but at least she admitted to it.

Edit: I take it back; I read her "apology" on Twitter and just laughed. The sheer defensiveness and attacking media is just laughable.

NBC reporter texted me at 632am re:a diff story; never asked what I meant on @Hardball b4 slamming me on @TODAYshow Not cool,not journalism

1/2: Honest mistakes abound. Last night, prominent editor of liberal site apologized for almost running a story re: tweet from fake account

2/2: yet won't name him, attack him, get the base 2 descend upon him. Same with MLKJr bust fake story. It's called class, grace, deep breath
            But just to re-establish why it's still wrong:

1.No one was killed by refugees in Bowling Green.
            2.There was never even a plan to kill anyone in Bowling Green.
            3.There was no ban on Iraqi refugee admissions afterward.

Comment

https://lawfareblog.com/does-preside...ical-exclusion

This site presents a balanced legal argument for why the Trump travel ban EO may be unconstitutional

Comment

This site presents a balanced legal argument for why the Trump travel ban EO may be unconstitutional

Comment

There needs to be exceptions. We have a 4 month old here in the US who needs life saving surgery, which is why her family came here, yet they are still being detained for 90 days. Doctors say she likely won't live through the 90 days without the surgery...

that really made me sad

Thank you Surrender!!!
                  Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
                  If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Comment

There needs to be exceptions. We have a 4 month old here in the US who needs life saving surgery, which is why her family came here, yet they are still being detained for 90 days. Doctors say she likely won't live through the 90 days without the surgery...

that really made me sad

Thank you Surrender!!!
                    Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
                    If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Comment

After a couple of weeks, I'd like to know the thoughts of Trump supporters and voters given some of the legislation that has been recinded and things said over that period of time.

Comment

After a couple of weeks, I'd like to know the thoughts of Trump supporters and voters given some of the legislation that has been recinded and things said over that period of time.

Comment

Good link.

Also pretty much agreed with the points I brought up here (in fact, it pretty much shares them with the exception of more directly tying into the constitution.

Comment

Good link.

Also pretty much agreed with the points I brought up here (in fact, it pretty much shares them with the exception of more directly tying into the constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemis. View Post
                              I personally was never for the "Muslim ban". MUCH stricter vetting and being more careful of who we let in here, absolutely. But one of the things that I disagreed with Trump on was simply banning all Muslims. I feel like the answer isn't that simple. I know that his executive order from last week wasn't technically the "Muslim ban" that he originally had proposed, but I still thought it was poorly executed.

Though I must say, looking at what has been going on in France and Germany really has part of me understanding where Trump is coming from on his stance on refugees. Of course, I have a heart and feel for those who are innocent people and simply seeking safety for their families and themselves. But at what point do we draw the line and establish that we need to worry about our people first? I know that the left likes to toss around the fact that no refugee has committed a terror attack in the US to date, but are we supposed to just keep letting people in and wait for something bad to happen like it already has in several other countries? The whole point of Trump's order was to PREVENT us from becoming the next France or Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemis. View Post
                                I personally was never for the "Muslim ban". MUCH stricter vetting and being more careful of who we let in here, absolutely. But one of the things that I disagreed with Trump on was simply banning all Muslims. I feel like the answer isn't that simple. I know that his executive order from last week wasn't technically the "Muslim ban" that he originally had proposed, but I still thought it was poorly executed.

Though I must say, looking at what has been going on in France and Germany really has part of me understanding where Trump is coming from on his stance on refugees. Of course, I have a heart and feel for those who are innocent people and simply seeking safety for their families and themselves. But at what point do we draw the line and establish that we need to worry about our people first? I know that the left likes to toss around the fact that no refugee has committed a terror attack in the US to date, but are we supposed to just keep letting people in and wait for something bad to happen like it already has in several other countries? The whole point of Trump's order was to PREVENT us from becoming the next France or Germany.

Comment

Working...
                                X