X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

Originally posted by T-Bone View Post
    This was my thought as well.

He seems to actively be pushing allies away from him. With the exception of the U.K. (who needs all the allies they can get with the whole Brexit thing), part of me believes that it's to either justify military actions and/or lifting sanctions against Russia. Either way; this is actually quite damaging and the country that will likely be happiest would be China (who even the Trump administration believes a war will occur with soon).

Did anyone else find it funny that Trump refers to Refugees as "illegal immigrants?"

And did anyone notice that for someone who likes to tweet about terror and violence; Trump was noticeably quiet in regards to what happened in Quebec City? Even Putin denounced it. I mean they did say that it was nice justification for their ban when they thought the perp was foreign or Muslim (hell, what his son said topped even that!) but when it was found to be a Quebec native with far right leanings who was very specifically a fan of the president ... nothing. I know it didn't fit their narrative but they couldn't even be bothered to pretend (Christian shooter, Right-Leaning, avid Trump supporter, Muslims were the victim ... take your pick).
    Everything the Trump administration has said about the Quebec shooting fucking infuriates me to no end. They deliberately stoked the fire using unverified information about a second shooter when that rumor came out. Even during the briefing when a reporter told Spicer that there was no second shooter and the only shooter was a Canadian, he just doubled down on "this is why the Muslim ban is a good thing."

FoxNews tweeted about a shooter being Moroccan and Muslim but when that was later changed they refused to delete the tweet until Trudeau's office wrote them a letter. They ignored every other media outlet and the fucking RCMP and left up a blatant lie until OUR GOVERNMENT told them to take it down. And because of stuff like this there are conspiracy theorists all over social media going "this just doesn't add up" and "covering up the Muslim shooter because Trudope wants to bring in more illegals!" and all that bullshit.

I fucking hate it. I know a lot has happened to make me hate this administration but this one really sucks because it happened in Canada and the United States has always felt like family to us, no matter who was in charge. They always had our backs, always stood at our side when tragedy struck, always were our protector and our partners in freedom.

It doesn't feel that way anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
      I'm beginning to think that Trump is seriously mentally ill.

All these republicans jumping on board to push their shit through better be prepared for the consequences.

As someone who is strongly considering enlistment, I am scared to death of serving the country while he's president.
      If you do enlist at least you'll get to see South Asia: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...a-sea-no-doubt

Comment

All these republicans jumping on board to push their shit through better be prepared for the consequences.

As someone who is strongly considering enlistment, I am scared to death of serving the country while he's president.
        If you do enlist at least you'll get to see South Asia: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...a-sea-no-doubt

Comment

Originally posted by RT View Post
          Everything the Trump administration has said about the Quebec shooting fucking infuriates me to no end. They deliberately stoked the fire using unverified information about a second shooter when that rumor came out. Even during the briefing when a reporter told Spicer that there was no second shooter and the only shooter was a Canadian, he just doubled down on "this is why the Muslim ban is a good thing."

FoxNews tweeted about a shooter being Moroccan and Muslim but when that was later changed they refused to delete the tweet until Trudeau's office wrote them a letter. They ignored every other media outlet and the fucking RCMP and left up a blatant lie until OUR GOVERNMENT told them to take it down. And because of stuff like this there are conspiracy theorists all over social media going "this just doesn't add up" and "covering up the Muslim shooter because Trudope wants to bring in more illegals!" and all that bullshit.

I fucking hate it. I know a lot has happened to make me hate this administration but this one really sucks because it happened in Canada and the United States has always felt like family to us, no matter who was in charge. They always had our backs, always stood at our side when tragedy struck, always were our protector and our partners in freedom.

I think the bold needs to really be emphasized because it was disgusting. In regards to the doubling down; it makes sense from their persepectives. If the Muslims weren't there; it wouldn't have happened. Sickening.

Like honest to god, it made me sick to my stomach that they had to do this (even moreso since the other guy was the guy who CALLED THE POLICE (he was initially arrested because after he called, he went back in and was giving first aid to someone who was shot. When he saw someone else coming with a gun, he assumed it was the gunman and ran (not realizing it was a cop)and had his name published).

In regards to the underlined; I feel the same way. Like I legitimately hate and am tired of this administration and it's not even mine. The only thing that I can hope for at this point is that the actions of it can lead to Canada taking a bigger spot on the world stage. I really hope they, because of how close the ties are, don't drag us into a war with China. A war with them is absolutely going to happen but I was hoping it would be strictly a trade war.
          Last edited by T-Bone; 02-02-2017, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I think the bold needs to really be emphasized because it was disgusting. In regards to the doubling down; it makes sense from their persepectives. If the Muslims weren't there; it wouldn't have happened. Sickening.

Like honest to god, it made me sick to my stomach that they had to do this (even moreso since the other guy was the guy who CALLED THE POLICE (he was initially arrested because after he called, he went back in and was giving first aid to someone who was shot. When he saw someone else coming with a gun, he assumed it was the gunman and ran (not realizing it was a cop)and had his name published).

In regards to the underlined; I feel the same way. Like I legitimately hate and am tired of this administration and it's not even mine. The only thing that I can hope for at this point is that the actions of it can lead to Canada taking a bigger spot on the world stage. I really hope they, because of how close the ties are, don't drag us into a war with China. A war with them is absolutely going to happen but I was hoping it would be strictly a trade war.

Comment

If he is, it's not really surprising. I mean, a 70 year old man that Tweets as much as a 14 year old girl.

Comment

If he is, it's not really surprising. I mean, a 70 year old man that Tweets as much as a 14 year old girl.

Comment

This is the type of shit that I don't get. China isn't a threat at all to the current World Order. It doesn't matter how many artificial islands they build, they are too dependent on the US market to risk war. We would have to attack them first.

Comment

This is the type of shit that I don't get. China isn't a threat at all to the current World Order. It doesn't matter how many artificial islands they build, they are too dependent on the US market to risk war. We would have to attack them first.

Comment

You're right. Absolutely disgusting and inexcusable. Does their insane logic excuse every mass murderer in the US that targeted Americans? How the fuck do you even say that out loud without imploding from the irony?

And I think we're safe as far as wars with China go. Our relationship with China is solid, and Trudeau doesn't seem interested in going to war with anyone, let alone someone we do tons of trade with. FIPA is only a couple years old and Trudeau wants free trade with them going forward.

Comment

You're right. Absolutely disgusting and inexcusable. Does their insane logic excuse every mass murderer in the US that targeted Americans? How the fuck do you even say that out loud without imploding from the irony?

And I think we're safe as far as wars with China go. Our relationship with China is solid, and Trudeau doesn't seem interested in going to war with anyone, let alone someone we do tons of trade with. FIPA is only a couple years old and Trudeau wants free trade with them going forward.

Comment

Part of why I really liked him strengthening the ties in 2016. I didn't think it would be as important as it is now though. Great foresight in retrospect.

Comment

Part of why I really liked him strengthening the ties in 2016. I didn't think it would be as important as it is now though. Great foresight in retrospect.

Comment

So I know the votes on Betsy DeVos are close, but I'm really, really, really hoping one other member of the GOP actually grows a set and votes no. This is a highly unqualified woman for the position she is nominated for.
                              Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
                              Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

Comment

So I know the votes on Betsy DeVos are close, but I'm really, really, really hoping one other member of the GOP actually grows a set and votes no. This is a highly unqualified woman for the position she is nominated for.
                                Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
                                Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

Comment

Working...
                                X