The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Trump Presidency - Making America Great Again

The fact that people are once again defending this shows exactly what their true intentions are.

Good job America.

You're Welcome.

Comment

The fact that people are once again defending this shows exactly what their true intentions are.

Good job America.

You're Welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by sB View Post

Good job America.
        I find it funny because it was initially dismissed as "fake news" until Trump attempted to defend himself for doing it on Twitter (thereby actually confirming it and making everyone denying it in the Oval Office into VERY public liars).

Even funnier given all the noise made by both Republicians and Trump himself about mishandling classified information (for bonus Trump points; like everything else; they're still up on his Twitter).

The other part that is interesting is how it impacts the confidence of American allies in sharing information with America because you KNOW each country (especially the one most directly impacted by this) is having that exact conversation. Especially as this leak literally puts their operatives lives in danger.
        Last edited by T-Bone; 05-16-2017, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sB View Post

Good job America.
          I find it funny because it was initially dismissed as "fake news" until Trump attempted to defend himself for doing it on Twitter (thereby actually confirming it and making everyone denying it in the Oval Office into VERY public liars).

Even funnier given all the noise made by both Republicians and Trump himself about mishandling classified information (for bonus Trump points; like everything else; they're still up on his Twitter).

The other part that is interesting is how it impacts the confidence of American allies in sharing information with America because you KNOW each country (especially the one most directly impacted by this) is having that exact conversation. Especially as this leak literally puts their operatives lives in danger.

Comment

To be fair, if you lie and then retract it's a lie.
            If you repeat the lie often enough, it becomes a version of the truth.
            If the ends justify the means, then it becomes truth.

The truth about the truth is that nobody cares for it.
            WMD, is the outrage still burning? Nope
            American dropped two nukes on civilians, do we care? Nah, in fact it was humane as it ended the war early.
            Do we care that the West armed the Taliban, Iraq and ISIS... Nah, it's all good.

Welcome to 2017

Comment

To be fair, if you lie and then retract it's a lie.
              If you repeat the lie often enough, it becomes a version of the truth.
              If the ends justify the means, then it becomes truth.

The truth about the truth is that nobody cares for it.
              WMD, is the outrage still burning? Nope
              American dropped two nukes on civilians, do we care? Nah, in fact it was humane as it ended the war early.
              Do we care that the West armed the Taliban, Iraq and ISIS... Nah, it's all good.

Welcome to 2017

Comment

And it turns out that the classified information was from Israel and puts some of their people at risk. Maybe Trump may want to rethink his trip before we lose an ally entirely.

GOP is now in a very weird place after the decade of screaming about Hillary possibly allowing info to leak. Also there is talk that the GOP is getting increasingly frustrated in Trump. Trump is heading for impeachment if even a small minority of the GOP will be willing to toss him to the wolves to try to save their seats. Dems are expected to take the House and maybe the Senate in midterms, and rumor has it that to pass the healthcare bill the senate may kill the filibuster as well.
                Last edited by Engel; 05-16-2017, 09:20 PM.
                Flowers gathered in the morning,
                Afternoon they blossom on,
                Still are withered by the evening:
                You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

And it turns out that the classified information was from Israel and puts some of their people at risk. Maybe Trump may want to rethink his trip before we lose an ally entirely.

GOP is now in a very weird place after the decade of screaming about Hillary possibly allowing info to leak. Also there is talk that the GOP is getting increasingly frustrated in Trump. Trump is heading for impeachment if even a small minority of the GOP will be willing to toss him to the wolves to try to save their seats. Dems are expected to take the House and maybe the Senate in midterms, and rumor has it that to pass the healthcare bill the senate may kill the filibuster as well.
                  Flowers gathered in the morning,
                  Afternoon they blossom on,
                  Still are withered by the evening:
                  You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

Comey says Trump asked him to drop the investigation into Michael Flynn. That's directly interfering with an FBI investigation.

Meanwhile his supporters are deflecting by only talking about the Seth Rich murder. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump starts tweeting about that as a way to draw attention elsewhere.

I'm at the point now where I feel nothing when the Trump administration does something stupid/illegal/etc and just want to see what the next thing is going to be. It's weird living in a point in history that will be referenced long after we're dead.

Comment

Comey says Trump asked him to drop the investigation into Michael Flynn. That's directly interfering with an FBI investigation.

Meanwhile his supporters are deflecting by only talking about the Seth Rich murder. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump starts tweeting about that as a way to draw attention elsewhere.

I'm at the point now where I feel nothing when the Trump administration does something stupid/illegal/etc and just want to see what the next thing is going to be. It's weird living in a point in history that will be referenced long after we're dead.

Comment

I actually think that Trump is now cooked, how long has it been and he keeps digging himself massive holes!
                        The GOP is going to have to turn on him before he damages the US and the Republican party for a generation.

I find it simply breath taking the way they carefully construct a reasonable cover for Trump and then without warning he throws his entire staff under a bus with a handful of tweets. He is going to have not a friend left shortly.
                        The man is too stupid for public office, he's the kind of guy that will see a sign saying wet paint and touch it... He is infinitely more stupid than George W... Just think about that for a minute.

He could have done some great things, but he would rather win a petty argument than win even a single battle.

Comment

I actually think that Trump is now cooked, how long has it been and he keeps digging himself massive holes!
                          The GOP is going to have to turn on him before he damages the US and the Republican party for a generation.

I find it simply breath taking the way they carefully construct a reasonable cover for Trump and then without warning he throws his entire staff under a bus with a handful of tweets. He is going to have not a friend left shortly.
                          The man is too stupid for public office, he's the kind of guy that will see a sign saying wet paint and touch it... He is infinitely more stupid than George W... Just think about that for a minute.

He could have done some great things, but he would rather win a petty argument than win even a single battle.

Comment

The other thing that is really funny about this whole situation ... none of this should actually be surprising to anyone but his own supporters. And even they had to have known on some level.

With that said; I do find it hilarious that Putin has come to Trump's defence.

Comment

The other thing that is really funny about this whole situation ... none of this should actually be surprising to anyone but his own supporters. And even they had to have known on some level.

Comment

Originally posted by iNCY View Post

I don't think Trump is cooked by any means. The GOP still has the House and the Senate and will ensure that whatever conservative legislation they want to put through gets through, because Trump supporters will trust him implicitly over literally anyone and anything. Senate Republicans can be silently complicit and/or openly support Trump and nothing will happen. Congressional Republicans like Justin Amash and others can play lip service to the idea of an independent investigation, but in the end, this is still a team sport, and they will stick with their side.

Originally posted by T-Bone View Post

His supporters love seeing the media and so-called RINOs upset over Trump fighting the liberal fake news media.

As far as Putin goes...he has himself the most useful idiot of useful idiots. Of course he's going to defend him.
                                Originally posted by mx518
                                he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
                                Originally posted by mx518
                                No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
                                NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

Working...
                                X