Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megyn Kelly leaving FOX NEWS

I fucking predicted this!

With all her turmoil with Trump, her inner beef with Hannity, I was just waiting for her to turn and leave Fox News. After being the 2nd highest watched news show (behind O'Reilly), she is now taking her talents to NBC.

I thought she would go over to CNN to really piss me off, but whatever. She's doing it because the money they're offering is a healthy 8 figure number (which is mind boggling) and an earlier broadcast which gives her the time to spend with her young children. This Friday will be her last show on Fox News, even though her contract wasn't set to expire for another 6 months.

Is this a big deal? I think it is, because I watch Fox News most nights before bed. So this will change the lineup. What's everyone else think of this? Who do you think will take her place in that delicious 9pm slot?

Re: Megyn Kelly leaving FOX NEWS

Ummm... Everyone predicted this and she trashed the company in her book and straight out said she was not likely to stay there.

She is definitely worth whatever NBC is paying her. She is one of the hottest things in news since 24/7 news started.

NBC looks to have signed a strong deal with her too offering her a daytime spot, the usual spot reporting for events and a Sunday special slot for in depth coverage to do real news. She is carving her out legacy.

What is interesting is that NBC could not match the price of Fox so she is taking a paycut. My guess is she have creative control however for her own program and maybe the daytime show.
    Last edited by Engel; 01-03-2017, 09:06 PM.
    Flowers gathered in the morning,
    Afternoon they blossom on,
    Still are withered by the evening:
    You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

Ummm... Everyone predicted this and she trashed the company in her book and straight out said she was not likely to stay there.

She is definitely worth whatever NBC is paying her. She is one of the hottest things in news since 24/7 news started.

NBC looks to have signed a strong deal with her too offering her a daytime spot, the usual spot reporting for events and a Sunday special slot for in depth coverage to do real news. She is carving her out legacy.

What is interesting is that NBC could not match the price of Fox so she is taking a paycut. My guess is she have creative control however for her own program and maybe the daytime show.
      Flowers gathered in the morning,
      Afternoon they blossom on,
      Still are withered by the evening:
      You can be me when I'm gone.

Comment

Other than Shep she was the only person I liked on Fox, so that kinda sucks for me.

Comment

Other than Shep she was the only person I liked on Fox, so that kinda sucks for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post
            Creative control in the media business is worth more than a slightly higher paycheck. Especially when the contract runs out

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post
              Creative control in the media business is worth more than a slightly higher paycheck. Especially when the contract runs out

THIS AWWWWWWESOME BANNER MADE BY SPIKE

I'M BACK BAYBAY!!!

Comment

I read that she left because it worked better for seeing her kids. I'm sure there's a lot to it. She was slowly "turning" on the "brand" of Fox News. Her dislike of Trump as they were pushing for him was kind of my moment when I realized she was leaving there soon. Then she went at it with Hannity and I knew for sure that there was something going on behind the scenes.

I used to like her, but stopped liking her when she went emo and cut her hair after being insulted by Trump. A lot of people have went to day time and have failed. I don't think she's going to be the one to succeed.

Comment

I read that she left because it worked better for seeing her kids. I'm sure there's a lot to it. She was slowly "turning" on the "brand" of Fox News. Her dislike of Trump as they were pushing for him was kind of my moment when I realized she was leaving there soon. Then she went at it with Hannity and I knew for sure that there was something going on behind the scenes.

I used to like her, but stopped liking her when she went emo and cut her hair after being insulted by Trump. A lot of people have went to day time and have failed. I don't think she's going to be the one to succeed.

Comment

Kudos to NBC for getting a name brand in television news. In the grand scheme of actual journalism and reporting, it doesn't mean much of anything, except probably some angry Fox News viewers who would label her a traitor or something.
                    Originally posted by mx518
                    he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
                    No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
                    NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

Kudos to NBC for getting a name brand in television news. In the grand scheme of actual journalism and reporting, it doesn't mean much of anything, except probably some angry Fox News viewers who would label her a traitor or something.
                      he's one of the biggest smarks on this board and epitomizes everything that a smark actually is.
                      No, it's just called being realistic; I never thought I'd see DJM join the dark side.
                      NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

Comment

She is a traitor!

Comment

She is a traitor!

Comment

Yeah how dare she take another job that works better for her instead of working for whatever FOX is considering now-a-days
                            Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
                            Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

Comment

Yeah how dare she take another job that works better for her instead of working for whatever FOX is considering now-a-days
                              Now you're on the field callin' me an asshole, 'Cause I roped up your body like a lasso

And I could be just like Mr. HK, runnin' cause a melee
                              Bring my team a W, I'm poppin' shots like Pele

Comment

Working...
                              X