A Thank You to the A&G Community

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Thank You to the A&G Community

So years and years ago, possibly a decade or so, I was very involved in the A&G forums under the names of Kliq, Common... etc. During this time, I was attending community college and ISU. Not quite sure what I wanted to do or accomplish, I began studying to eventually go to law school until I almost failed out. Why did I almost fail out? Because I was skipping all of my classes to actively post, learn photoshop and compete here. (only one person beat me in a comp, that was Naz who I never gave props to until now, granted I cherry picked).

Long story short, I changed majors to Visual Communications transferred to The Illinois Institute of Art in Chicago and entered the design/marketing/advertising world. All of that is based on my experiences here. I am currently on the account side with opportunities to design and creative direct.

This all came to mind tonight when I got a chance to see Mick Foley and briefly meet him after the performance. I decided to make something to commemorate the evening. I whipped it together in about 2 hours. It reminded me of my times spent here (quick entries and wrestling related). I never thought 10 years ago that I would be giving Mick Foley something we would design on here. Crazy.....

If Affacial, DoubleK, Naz, Gore or any number of great posters are still active. Thanks guys.

Hope this story sounds familiar with some of you.

10730778_10101657173049328_719393676826287366_n.jpg
    15480_10101657173044338_430909240226687662_n.jpg
    1969280_10101657173024378_4842875741355814023_n.jpg

Re: A Thank You to the A&G Community

That's awesome, I remember you very clearly, I was still new when you were around but I remember admiring all of your work. Glad to see you are doing so well.

Comment

That's awesome, I remember you very clearly, I was still new when you were around but I remember admiring all of your work. Glad to see you are doing so well.

Comment

That's such a cool story, Mick looked really appreciative of your art! .
        Credit to Fresh Prince for this amazing banner!
        Click http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=110928 to check out his banner shop!

Comment

That's such a cool story, Mick looked really appreciative of your art! .
          Credit to Fresh Prince for this amazing banner!
          Click http://forums.prowrestling.com/showthread.php?t=110928 to check out his banner shop!

Comment

Working...
          X