Horizon Zero Dawn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizon Zero Dawn

We're less than a month away from the release of Sony's newest PS4 exclusive, Horizon Zero Dawn. Ever since I saw the trailer for it at E3 after getting my PS4, the game instantly became my most anticipated. I have this will be the next big series for Sony if it delivers like the reviews are saying. Here's a twenty minute look at the game play of PW's next GOTY.

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

After seeing the E3 demo. I'm ready.

-chaos-
    "My hit to miss ratio is sadness!"

Comment

After seeing the E3 demo. I'm ready.

-chaos-
      "My hit to miss ratio is sadness!"

Comment

That's some of the most aggressive motion blur I've ever seen.

I think this would have been a system seller for my wife if they programmed the game to work differently on the PS4 Pro. Maybe if it ran at 60 fps they wouldn't feel the need to make the game so blurry. She really loves how this game looks but she gets motion sick from stuff like this.

I don't mind games running at a low framerate but the blur just ruins the good visuals. I am hoping this game gives you the option to turn it off.

Comment

I think this would have been a system seller for my wife if they programmed the game to work differently on the PS4 Pro. Maybe if it ran at 60 fps they wouldn't feel the need to make the game so blurry. She really loves how this game looks but she gets motion sick from stuff like this.

I don't mind games running at a low framerate but the blur just ruins the good visuals. I am hoping this game gives you the option to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hypeman View Post

I have a similar motion sickness issue with motion blur. Uncharted 4 had the exact same blur issues as Horizon. It took me a solid hour of non stop play of Uncharted before I got use to the games motion blur and didnt feel sick to my stomach so I expect the same with Horizon. Also it took 2 months before Uncharted patched in a slider to adjust the motion blur.

Horizon does look great and I hope it doesn't disappoint. I preordered the game over the weekend. Had to decide between this and RE7 and Horizon won out. Waiting for a price cut before picking up RE7.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hypeman View Post

I have a similar motion sickness issue with motion blur. Uncharted 4 had the exact same blur issues as Horizon. It took me a solid hour of non stop play of Uncharted before I got use to the games motion blur and didnt feel sick to my stomach so I expect the same with Horizon. Also it took 2 months before Uncharted patched in a slider to adjust the motion blur.

Horizon does look great and I hope it doesn't disappoint. I preordered the game over the weekend. Had to decide between this and RE7 and Horizon won out. Waiting for a price cut before picking up RE7.

Comment

Waiting for a price cut before picking up RE7.
                Smart choice, hopefully Capcom push out a Game of the Year edition by the holiday season and you can just pick it up with the extra content at a discounted rate. It's a 'good' game but there's better games out there.

Judging from all the impressions, Horizon has a great universe albeit it hardly innovates the open-world genre or takes it to another level. I'll be sure to check it out at some point as I'm still new to the open-world genre, but it will have to wait until I beat Breath of the Wild and Persona 5.

Comment

Waiting for a price cut before picking up RE7.
                  Smart choice, hopefully Capcom push out a Game of the Year edition by the holiday season and you can just pick it up with the extra content at a discounted rate. It's a 'good' game but there's better games out there.

Judging from all the impressions, Horizon has a great universe albeit it hardly innovates the open-world genre or takes it to another level. I'll be sure to check it out at some point as I'm still new to the open-world genre, but it will have to wait until I beat Breath of the Wild and Persona 5.

Comment

Like Resi 7, it's on my to buy list but I am waiting 6 months or so for a price drop

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Comment

Like Resi 7, it's on my to buy list but I am waiting 6 months or so for a price drop

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Comment

Have this preordered and will be getting it a day sooner with Best Buy's shipping so Monday night looks like the time to make a go and this will be my game of the week.

Open world games can be so hit or miss, hope there is enough diversity with the mission structures to avoid stagnation.
                        Currently Playing:
                        Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

Comment

Have this preordered and will be getting it a day sooner with Best Buy's shipping so Monday night looks like the time to make a go and this will be my game of the week.

Open world games can be so hit or miss, hope there is enough diversity with the mission structures to avoid stagnation.
                          Currently Playing:

Comment

The old ones have approved, Horizon: Zero Dawn has shipped one day early(THANK YOU BEST BUY SHIPPING) and I am downloading it as we speak!

Going to tap a good 4 or so hours tonight! YAS!

Might be the only one playing this on launch with Zelda this Friday?
                            Currently Playing:

Comment

The old ones have approved, Horizon: Zero Dawn has shipped one day early(THANK YOU BEST BUY SHIPPING) and I am downloading it as we speak!

Going to tap a good 4 or so hours tonight! YAS!

Might be the only one playing this on launch with Zelda this Friday?
                              Currently Playing:

Comment

Working...
                              X