This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What Games Are You Playing?

For the Game Boy Advance and they're surprisingly good. Granted, I only scratched the surface with them, but I initially wrote them off as cheap cash-ins like the later entries in the series.

With Shovel Knight, the game can be challenging, but there's also an action-adventure element to it which makes the game more tolerable. I could see somebody who doesn't enjoy the pure challenge of platform gaming enjoying the sense of progression in Shovel Knight and the cacophony of design choices the game made. That's why it's such a great game and unlike a lot of retro throwbacks is among the best of it's genre.

Comment

For the Game Boy Advance and they're surprisingly good. Granted, I only scratched the surface with them, but I initially wrote them off as cheap cash-ins like the later entries in the series.

With Shovel Knight, the game can be challenging, but there's also an action-adventure element to it which makes the game more tolerable. I could see somebody who doesn't enjoy the pure challenge of platform gaming enjoying the sense of progression in Shovel Knight and the cacophony of design choices the game made. That's why it's such a great game and unlike a lot of retro throwbacks is among the best of it's genre.

Comment

Originally posted by Blindy View Post
        You will love Yoshi's Wooly World for the 3DS next month Emperor if you want an easy platformer. Will maybe get that game in the future on the go.

I am with Big Pete, I want a fun but challenging platformer. Kirby could never catch on to me because when I played Kirby 64, I found it extremely easy to just blow by, especially against the competition like the Banjo series and Conker on the N64. I love Jak 2 though I know you detest the game and then some but I am very surprised you did not like the 1st Ratchet and Clank. The guns are what make the game and series and make it so diverse.

Crash is so much harder than Ratchet and Clank, I am shocked you enjoy those games.
        The Kirby series is difficult to pin down and everybody has their favourites. With 64, despite having a ton of really cool ideas, I remember finding it disappointing. Meanwhile returning to a game like Fun Pack/Superstar isn't as enjoyable as it once was since they're intended as co-op games so single player is really bland as a result.

I've yet to try them myself, but I think the handheld games would be well worth checking out since they're designed around single player experiences. Planet Robobot and Triple Deluxe are supposedly two of the best platformers on the 3DS, so I'd be keen to check them out at some point.

Comment

You will love Yoshi's Wooly World for the 3DS next month Emperor if you want an easy platformer. Will maybe get that game in the future on the go.

I am with Big Pete, I want a fun but challenging platformer. Kirby could never catch on to me because when I played Kirby 64, I found it extremely easy to just blow by, especially against the competition like the Banjo series and Conker on the N64. I love Jak 2 though I know you detest the game and then some but I am very surprised you did not like the 1st Ratchet and Clank. The guns are what make the game and series and make it so diverse.

Crash is so much harder than Ratchet and Clank, I am shocked you enjoy those games.
          The Kirby series is difficult to pin down and everybody has their favourites. With 64, despite having a ton of really cool ideas, I remember finding it disappointing. Meanwhile returning to a game like Fun Pack/Superstar isn't as enjoyable as it once was since they're intended as co-op games so single player is really bland as a result.

I've yet to try them myself, but I think the handheld games would be well worth checking out since they're designed around single player experiences. Planet Robobot and Triple Deluxe are supposedly two of the best platformers on the 3DS, so I'd be keen to check them out at some point.

Comment

I am very surprised you did not like the 1st Ratchet and Clank. The guns are what make the game and series and make it so diverse.
            I didn't dislike Ratchet and Clank. I liked it, just not that much. Like I said, it's 5/10, not bad, but flawed. All my criticisms were just to inform people why it doesn't rank up there with my favourite platformers.

I am shocked you find Crash so much harder than Ratchet and Clank I think Crash is far easier.

Comment

I am very surprised you did not like the 1st Ratchet and Clank. The guns are what make the game and series and make it so diverse.
              I didn't dislike Ratchet and Clank. I liked it, just not that much. Like I said, it's 5/10, not bad, but flawed. All my criticisms were just to inform people why it doesn't rank up there with my favourite platformers.

I am shocked you find Crash so much harder than Ratchet and Clank I think Crash is far easier.

Comment

Dang, I think Ratchet 1 is even easy in Challenge mode, which is not really that much of a challenge. Did you play PS2 or PS3 HD? Replaying it this last year (HD Version) I thought it was just as easy as I remembered.

-chaos-
                "My hit to miss ratio is sadness!"

Comment

Dang, I think Ratchet 1 is even easy in Challenge mode, which is not really that much of a challenge. Did you play PS2 or PS3 HD? Replaying it this last year (HD Version) I thought it was just as easy as I remembered.

-chaos-
                  "My hit to miss ratio is sadness!"

Comment

Finished up Outlast, really enjoyable horror title, I didn't settle in enough, the first scare I about jumped out of my skin, but after that only a scarce 1 or 2 caught me off guard, not sure if I'll try Whistleblower first if RE7 comes tomorrow. But it's a short game, so maybe.
                    Originally posted by Black Dynamite
                    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

Comment

Finished up Outlast, really enjoyable horror title, I didn't settle in enough, the first scare I about jumped out of my skin, but after that only a scarce 1 or 2 caught me off guard, not sure if I'll try Whistleblower first if RE7 comes tomorrow. But it's a short game, so maybe.
                      Originally posted by Black Dynamite
                      Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

Comment

Originally posted by G/B View Post
                        I played the PS2 version. I checked out a video of the HD version and it looks fantastic, but that game also seems a lot more hand-holdy. Telling you which buttons to press and giving you hints every two seconds. But there's also extra dialogue which is pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by G/B View Post
                          I played the PS2 version. I checked out a video of the HD version and it looks fantastic, but that game also seems a lot more hand-holdy. Telling you which buttons to press and giving you hints every two seconds. But there's also extra dialogue which is pretty cool.

Comment

I said my next game would be an RPG, and that's exactly what it is. Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time is under session. Five minutes in and I already love the game. Let me explain why. The protagonist is in a hotel with a female friend. After a short initial cutscene, you are outside her room. You can go in her room. You can examine the trash can, triggering a cutscene where the protagonist notices a lot of snack wrappers and comments on the female's weight. She slaps him, "Mind your own business!" That's awesome.

Comment

I said my next game would be an RPG, and that's exactly what it is. Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time is under session. Five minutes in and I already love the game. Let me explain why. The protagonist is in a hotel with a female friend. After a short initial cutscene, you are outside her room. You can go in her room. You can examine the trash can, triggering a cutscene where the protagonist notices a lot of snack wrappers and comments on the female's weight. She slaps him, "Mind your own business!" That's awesome.

Comment

Domestic violence is not awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X