Clear All

• Re: What Games Are You Playing?

Should be picking up Farpoint VR today

Comment

Should be picking up Farpoint VR today

Comment

I am 3 stages down(Not counting the prologue) in Lollipop Chainsaw. After how much of a letdown some portions of Brutal Legend was, I have enjoyed myself with this game for the most part. I actually appreciate the zany humor and nature of this game. The combat outside of the couple of frustrating framedrops when there are many zombies on a battlefield and the camera which often has enemies getting you off camera with attacks or getting so close that you cannot see entirely has been relatively fun. The boss battles are pretty swell and the dialogue is well acted even if you aren't necessarily buying into the game's crazy nature. There have been a surprisingly good amount of enemy and stage variety which for a last gen beat em up, is very much appreciated. This game has incorporated the usual beat em up mechanics, some racing esque portions, some rail gun portions, some other minigames.

However my biggest gripe with this game and it might be a fair or unfair one is that the chainsaw blaster portions force you to have to use a PS3 controller and sadly my PS3 controller routinely continues to bug out and hit start often so for the portions of the game that I need to use the chainsaw blaster, I am stuck with a fight between me and my controller and for a game that's less than 5 years old, not sure why the Dualshock 4 does not work all the way for this game. You can absolutely do the basics of the game but for some lousy reason, the chainsaw blaster games often bug up where the game routinely goes haywire with it's aiming. I took auto aim off, after it was previously on, made no difference. It would routinely not allow me to control where I want to aim and for Zombie Baseball, I was just button mashing L2 and R2 and got away with it but for portions that I HAD TO aim, I had to make the switch to the Dualshock 3 sadly. Sucks that I have to even do this though this was a last gen game so technically it was meant to be played from a last gen controller but games that have a few years on this one allow the full usage of the Dualshock 4. The game has some glitches like having my character just stay in one place until I button mash the circle button enough to just move and after beating the 3rd stage the loading screen senseless just staying for a few minutes before I pressed some buttons and got it to progress.

I am playing this on Hard Mode and outside of having 3 lollipops instead of 5 and having additional zombies in certain parts, I don't think the game is all too difficult outside of the aforementioned frustrating elements. I feel like the game is more than generous with its health refill lollipops.

I am very much enjoying this game thus far despite that major frustration. I also can't answer the telephone and tried to go into options and go and see if there's a way to do it. Maybe I am missing something?
        Currently Playing:
        Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

Comment

I am 3 stages down(Not counting the prologue) in Lollipop Chainsaw. After how much of a letdown some portions of Brutal Legend was, I have enjoyed myself with this game for the most part. I actually appreciate the zany humor and nature of this game. The combat outside of the couple of frustrating framedrops when there are many zombies on a battlefield and the camera which often has enemies getting you off camera with attacks or getting so close that you cannot see entirely has been relatively fun. The boss battles are pretty swell and the dialogue is well acted even if you aren't necessarily buying into the game's crazy nature. There have been a surprisingly good amount of enemy and stage variety which for a last gen beat em up, is very much appreciated. This game has incorporated the usual beat em up mechanics, some racing esque portions, some rail gun portions, some other minigames.

However my biggest gripe with this game and it might be a fair or unfair one is that the chainsaw blaster portions force you to have to use a PS3 controller and sadly my PS3 controller routinely continues to bug out and hit start often so for the portions of the game that I need to use the chainsaw blaster, I am stuck with a fight between me and my controller and for a game that's less than 5 years old, not sure why the Dualshock 4 does not work all the way for this game. You can absolutely do the basics of the game but for some lousy reason, the chainsaw blaster games often bug up where the game routinely goes haywire with it's aiming. I took auto aim off, after it was previously on, made no difference. It would routinely not allow me to control where I want to aim and for Zombie Baseball, I was just button mashing L2 and R2 and got away with it but for portions that I HAD TO aim, I had to make the switch to the Dualshock 3 sadly. Sucks that I have to even do this though this was a last gen game so technically it was meant to be played from a last gen controller but games that have a few years on this one allow the full usage of the Dualshock 4. The game has some glitches like having my character just stay in one place until I button mash the circle button enough to just move and after beating the 3rd stage the loading screen senseless just staying for a few minutes before I pressed some buttons and got it to progress.

I am playing this on Hard Mode and outside of having 3 lollipops instead of 5 and having additional zombies in certain parts, I don't think the game is all too difficult outside of the aforementioned frustrating elements. I feel like the game is more than generous with its health refill lollipops.

I am very much enjoying this game thus far despite that major frustration. I also can't answer the telephone and tried to go into options and go and see if there's a way to do it. Maybe I am missing something?
          Currently Playing:

Comment

[MENTION=602]Blindy[/MENTION] Where are you at exactly in the game?

Also yeah, the shooting parts are the worst in the game. I also played the game on Hard and found the baseball section to be annoying for me. I like the shooting mechanic outside the required parts, as getting headshots nets you easy coins. The zombies pretty much lead themselves to you, so it makes for some easy headshots.

-chaos-
            "My hit to miss ratio is sadness!"

Comment

Also yeah, the shooting parts are the worst in the game. I also played the game on Hard and found the baseball section to be annoying for me. I like the shooting mechanic outside the required parts, as getting headshots nets you easy coins. The zombies pretty much lead themselves to you, so it makes for some easy headshots.

-chaos-

Comment

Originally posted by G/B View Post

Spoiler

It's just having to use the Dualshock 3 which is already a problem in itself(Had the controller for 5 years and it bugged out months ago, previous PS controllers never ever did this!) which sucks given the shooting is vital in this game and is required. Without needing to do it, I would absolutely play with my Dualshock 4.
                Currently Playing:

Comment

Originally posted by G/B View Post

Spoiler

It's just having to use the Dualshock 3 which is already a problem in itself(Had the controller for 5 years and it bugged out months ago, previous PS controllers never ever did this!) which sucks given the shooting is vital in this game and is required. Without needing to do it, I would absolutely play with my Dualshock 4.
                  Currently Playing:

Comment

I can see your dilemma. I tried to use my DS4 with Sly Cooper and Thieves in time awhile back but the required the shitty SIXAXIS which the controller isn't compatible with. And those sections were required too. The SIXAXIS on that controller was mad fucked too, managed to get by, but hell if that wasn't annoying.

Btw [MENTION=602]Blindy[/MENTION], looking it up. The messages go to your Juliet Stash. Just look under telephone. They are just phone messages. If I remember correctly she does occasionally answer her phone during some cutscenes but those aren't the messages themselves. Juliet has quite a few outfits, but I think you can only get the good ones by the end of the game.

-chaos-

Comment

I can see your dilemma. I tried to use my DS4 with Sly Cooper and Thieves in time awhile back but the required the shitty SIXAXIS which the controller isn't compatible with. And those sections were required too. The SIXAXIS on that controller was mad fucked too, managed to get by, but hell if that wasn't annoying.

Btw [MENTION=602]Blindy[/MENTION], looking it up. The messages go to your Juliet Stash. Just look under telephone. They are just phone messages. If I remember correctly she does occasionally answer her phone during some cutscenes but those aren't the messages themselves. Juliet has quite a few outfits, but I think you can only get the good ones by the end of the game.

-chaos-

Comment

Best part is if you try and move the camera to see up her skirt she covers up. LOL.

Comment

Best part is if you try and move the camera to see up her skirt she covers up. LOL.

Comment

I'm playing Syberia on my PS2. It's really cool, kind of like Broken Sword but not as funny

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Comment

I'm playing Syberia on my PS2. It's really cool, kind of like Broken Sword but not as funny

( ?_?) - 97% of PW suddenly think Michael Cole is awesome. If you're part of the 3% that still thinks he is an annoying tool, copy & paste this into your sig.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 1, Max Payne 1, Beyond Good and Evil, MGS Peace Walker

Comment

Well I spent a good couple of hours to finish Lollipop Chainsaw. The game was absolutely enjoyable for the most part but once again the game's inability to fully adapt to the Dualshock 4 and essentially forcing me to to play with my busted Dualshock 3 which causes a pause in the game every other minute it felt like really really hurt this for me and it's not necessarily the game's fault. Besides that this game was very much enjoyable, I do agree it is the right length and I think it is such a good compliment to Persona 5 for me. The combat was very, very top notch, the zany humor was in good fun and the game wasn't just a beat em up as it complimented so many elements to the game from rail gun shooting to chainsaw racing to other wacky minigames.

I did get the bad ending though
                                Currently Playing:

Comment

Working...
                                X