X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What Games Are You Playing?

[MENTION=602]Blindy[/MENTION]

Yeah, Lollipop is great. It knows when to finish and doesn't wear out it's welcome. So it's a good time with some fun writing.

Bloodborne loading times were about 40 seconds pre patch and it was worse cause you had to stare at the logo for those 40 seconds. Made dying feel like a real punishment.

-chaos-
    "My hit to miss ratio is sadness!"

Comment

Yeah, DYING, not so bad, quick reload maybe 10-20 seconds. Just moving from area to area is mind numbing, bearable in the beginning when you're taking time and scouring areas, but once you're just moving between them you really grow to hate the bitches.

As for Brutal Legends, I loved it at it's base, being a metal head, but HATE tower defense-esque games, so those sections really killed me, and I never beat it, I have been meaning to go back though, because it never occurred to me you can jump in your car and go and actually HELP on those missions.

Lollipop Chainsaw was great goofy fun, so, it was a Suda51 game.
      Originally posted by Black Dynamite
      Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

Comment

Yeah, DYING, not so bad, quick reload maybe 10-20 seconds. Just moving from area to area is mind numbing, bearable in the beginning when you're taking time and scouring areas, but once you're just moving between them you really grow to hate the bitches.

As for Brutal Legends, I loved it at it's base, being a metal head, but HATE tower defense-esque games, so those sections really killed me, and I never beat it, I have been meaning to go back though, because it never occurred to me you can jump in your car and go and actually HELP on those missions.

Lollipop Chainsaw was great goofy fun, so, it was a Suda51 game.
        Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

Comment

Oh god you make the tower defense sections sound like Kameo which I played a few months back. Those are really bad. Had a certain amount of time to complete the mission where you had to drop everything and move to the area and defend a specific part of the world.
          Currently Playing:
          Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

Comment

Oh god you make the tower defense sections sound like Kameo which I played a few months back. Those are really bad. Had a certain amount of time to complete the mission where you had to drop everything and move to the area and defend a specific part of the world.
            Currently Playing:

Comment

Was really disappointing for me, because it's a super fun action game, then suddenly it turns into real time strategy, which I'm just not a fan of. And if I remember right, they're mandatory sections to progress the story, which is why I think I never beat it. It wasn't until watching a video later though that I found out I could jump in my car and help out, and not just have it be about the minions I was spawning to assist.

Comment

Was really disappointing for me, because it's a super fun action game, then suddenly it turns into real time strategy, which I'm just not a fan of. And if I remember right, they're mandatory sections to progress the story, which is why I think I never beat it. It wasn't until watching a video later though that I found out I could jump in my car and help out, and not just have it be about the minions I was spawning to assist.

Comment

Yeah I completely see what you mean Rags, the tower defense missions are awful. I knew to use the car to really wreck things but I am so glad I did a couple of hunting missions because I found the animal minions to be so much better the humans that spawn. They single handedly destroyed Lionwhyte's doors

So far so good with it, didn't think it was an open world game so I am trying to plow through the side missions. The racing missions are cheap though, not only are there the typical uninspiring rubber band artificial difficulty maneuvers but also the AI will purposely bump you and cut you off to stop you from passing them. You really have to time it right to get past them.

Also have found there are no points in this game that you can load to get to a side mission or main mission sooner which sucks and given each side mission you finish, you have to summon your car it gets a little annoying but all things aside, I am enjoying myself with the game. Like the rock cameos, really good music to play while driving, the story thus far is over the top but it's actually fine.
                  Currently Playing:

Comment

Yeah I completely see what you mean Rags, the tower defense missions are awful. I knew to use the car to really wreck things but I am so glad I did a couple of hunting missions because I found the animal minions to be so much better the humans that spawn. They single handedly destroyed Lionwhyte's doors

So far so good with it, didn't think it was an open world game so I am trying to plow through the side missions. The racing missions are cheap though, not only are there the typical uninspiring rubber band artificial difficulty maneuvers but also the AI will purposely bump you and cut you off to stop you from passing them. You really have to time it right to get past them.

Also have found there are no points in this game that you can load to get to a side mission or main mission sooner which sucks and given each side mission you finish, you have to summon your car it gets a little annoying but all things aside, I am enjoying myself with the game. Like the rock cameos, really good music to play while driving, the story thus far is over the top but it's actually fine.
                    Currently Playing:

Comment

Yakuza 0 - I remember when the original Yakuza came out and it seemed like the worst GTA clone of all-time. It's such a shame that Sega marketed the game in such a misleading way, because they're really nothing alike. Yakuza 0 is my first proper playthrough of the series and I feel like I've been missing out. Not only was the series doing the multiple characters thing before GTA V, in 0 you get to pick through 8 total styles. My favourite has to be Mijima's Breaker style, where you essentially become Eddie Gordo from Tekken 3. Nobody can touch you in that style and the heat animations are pretty enjoyable.

I just unlocked a mode where you run your own club and you've got to hire hostess. Like kareoke, disco dancing and the real estate venture, the mode feels like a game in of itself and you can spend hours in there. Fortunately you're it isn't a total waste of time either as it's a good source of income, albeit the community has found an even easier and cheesier way of accumulating large sums.

Diddy Kong Racing - My goal is to get these tracks down to muscle memory so I can become as able at DKR as I am with MK8. For the most part it's a breeze, but Space Port Alpha has been a real road block. I've got most of that section covered, it's just the laser section that gets me everytime.

Comment

Yakuza 0 - I remember when the original Yakuza came out and it seemed like the worst GTA clone of all-time. It's such a shame that Sega marketed the game in such a misleading way, because they're really nothing alike. Yakuza 0 is my first proper playthrough of the series and I feel like I've been missing out. Not only was the series doing the multiple characters thing before GTA V, in 0 you get to pick through 8 total styles. My favourite has to be Mijima's Breaker style, where you essentially become Eddie Gordo from Tekken 3. Nobody can touch you in that style and the heat animations are pretty enjoyable.

I just unlocked a mode where you run your own club and you've got to hire hostess. Like kareoke, disco dancing and the real estate venture, the mode feels like a game in of itself and you can spend hours in there. Fortunately you're it isn't a total waste of time either as it's a good source of income, albeit the community has found an even easier and cheesier way of accumulating large sums.

Diddy Kong Racing - My goal is to get these tracks down to muscle memory so I can become as able at DKR as I am with MK8. For the most part it's a breeze, but Space Port Alpha has been a real road block. I've got most of that section covered, it's just the laser section that gets me everytime.

Comment

I might have hit a roadblock with Brutal Legend, I got to a shitty ass tower defense part by the end of the 2nd world. These just are not fun in the least bit, why did Schaffer once again try and ruin his games with a mindnumbing sequence. He tried his best with the final world of Psychonauts to ruin that game and now he tries to ruin Brutal Legend with these shit missions. They are so bad, they completely bring this game down. Might need to take a day or so really resolve. I need to go hunting for more solo riffs but the game does not tell you where they are so you're stuck trying to figure out where they are.
                          Currently Playing:

Comment

I might have hit a roadblock with Brutal Legend, I got to a shitty ass tower defense part by the end of the 2nd world. These just are not fun in the least bit, why did Schaffer once again try and ruin his games with a mindnumbing sequence. He tried his best with the final world of Psychonauts to ruin that game and now he tries to ruin Brutal Legend with these shit missions. They are so bad, they completely bring this game down. Might need to take a day or so really resolve. I need to go hunting for more solo riffs but the game does not tell you where they are so you're stuck trying to figure out where they are.
                            Currently Playing:

Comment

Originally posted by Big Pete View Post

The only downside to starting with Yakuza 0, I'd say, is Majima is the funnest damn character to control in the entire series, and that's the first time you ever play as him. Now I dearly want another Majima-centric plot line. On the upside, it was Kiryu's weakest showing as a fighter (makes sense, being quite a few years before Yakuza 1), so it's all uphill with him.

The only real note I'd throw out there to gauge your expectation with Yakuza, unlike GTA, which features a new city with each game, the entire series takes place almost entirely in Kamurocho, they do have other areas, but Kamurocho is largely the focal point of each entry (0-4 at least). Combat is also largely the same, just getting better in each entry, it was great when Y4 introduced 3 new playable characters, because Kiryu's path is well trodden by that point. It's the stories that set them apart though, in my opinion, some of the best crime stories in gaming, each entry offers a new (though largely still building on the previous) great narrative full of fantastic characters. Honestly, one of the strongest ongoing narratives in gaming.

Can't wait for Kiwami, modern Yakuza gameplay standard with one of the best stories of the series. One thing I loved about 0, is now there's an actual connection with Nikishi, where in the original you don't really see how he was before the opening events.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Pete View Post

The only downside to starting with Yakuza 0, I'd say, is Majima is the funnest damn character to control in the entire series, and that's the first time you ever play as him. Now I dearly want another Majima-centric plot line. On the upside, it was Kiryu's weakest showing as a fighter (makes sense, being quite a few years before Yakuza 1), so it's all uphill with him.

The only real note I'd throw out there to gauge your expectation with Yakuza, unlike GTA, which features a new city with each game, the entire series takes place almost entirely in Kamurocho, they do have other areas, but Kamurocho is largely the focal point of each entry (0-4 at least). Combat is also largely the same, just getting better in each entry, it was great when Y4 introduced 3 new playable characters, because Kiryu's path is well trodden by that point. It's the stories that set them apart though, in my opinion, some of the best crime stories in gaming, each entry offers a new (though largely still building on the previous) great narrative full of fantastic characters. Honestly, one of the strongest ongoing narratives in gaming.

Can't wait for Kiwami, modern Yakuza gameplay standard with one of the best stories of the series. One thing I loved about 0, is now there's an actual connection with Nikishi, where in the original you don't really see how he was before the opening events.

Comment

Working...
                                X