This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What Games Are You Playing?

Welp, I did it, I didn't think I could do it, but I actually fucking did it. Took me the who god damn day, and I barely lucked out just before I quit and got a great hand and even cleared the one I was ready to give up on and move on from....but I actually cleared Mahjong, I only understood about 40% of what I was doing, but enough to force my way through it. So it should be clear sailing from there, I've completed all mini-game objectives except fishing for Majima, so nothing else in Yakuza 0 should give me any real trouble.

Fuck you Mahjong, I'm out.
    Originally posted by Black Dynamite
    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

Comment

Welp, I did it, I didn't think I could do it, but I actually fucking did it. Took me the who god damn day, and I barely lucked out just before I quit and got a great hand and even cleared the one I was ready to give up on and move on from....but I actually cleared Mahjong, I only understood about 40% of what I was doing, but enough to force my way through it. So it should be clear sailing from there, I've completed all mini-game objectives except fishing for Majima, so nothing else in Yakuza 0 should give me any real trouble.

Fuck you Mahjong, I'm out.
      Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

Comment

I picked up a 3DO yesterday and was playing through a few titles. The original Gex on the 3DO is a cool little platformer. Captain Quazer is an interesting isometric platformer with a lot of cutscenes, and Wing Commander III (cutscenes starring Mark Hamill and Malcolm McDowell) was nice until I started piloting the ship. Then I had no idea what was going on. I'll have to do a little research on that. Samurai Shodown is a nice looking fighting game, though I think I might be handicapped by not having a six button controller.

Still need to play Road Rash, which is apparently amazing on the 3DO.

Comment

I picked up a 3DO yesterday and was playing through a few titles. The original Gex on the 3DO is a cool little platformer. Captain Quazer is an interesting isometric platformer with a lot of cutscenes, and Wing Commander III (cutscenes starring Mark Hamill and Malcolm McDowell) was nice until I started piloting the ship. Then I had no idea what was going on. I'll have to do a little research on that. Samurai Shodown is a nice looking fighting game, though I think I might be handicapped by not having a six button controller.

Still need to play Road Rash, which is apparently amazing on the 3DO.

Comment

I picked up the Team Fortress 2 bug again and now it seems like I'm spending all day every day playing it. In reality it's not quite that bad, but usually upwards of 3 hours a day. I'm also going through Hammerwatch, a dungeon crawler which pays homage to the arcade game Gauntlet. It's nothing spectacular but decent fun and a good way to pass the time.

On the 3DS I'm playing Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. I got this from the 50 Favourite Games thread. I think this game appeared on [MENTION=13]Aaron[/MENTION]'s list, but I could be wrong. It's a pretty fun story-heavy puzzle game. It's rather repetitive yet it doesn't get boring. I could play it for hours at a time if I wanted, though my general session is fairly short.

Comment

I picked up the Team Fortress 2 bug again and now it seems like I'm spending all day every day playing it. In reality it's not quite that bad, but usually upwards of 3 hours a day. I'm also going through Hammerwatch, a dungeon crawler which pays homage to the arcade game Gauntlet. It's nothing spectacular but decent fun and a good way to pass the time.

On the 3DS I'm playing Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. I got this from the 50 Favourite Games thread. I think this game appeared on [MENTION=13]Aaron[/MENTION]'s list, but I could be wrong. It's a pretty fun story-heavy puzzle game. It's rather repetitive yet it doesn't get boring. I could play it for hours at a time if I wanted, though my general session is fairly short.

Comment

Finished up Prey, it was a fun little game, the typhoid were a well developed species. Does take some time to get going, it's rather frustrating until you upgrade a bit, since things can kill you super fast, and the game has a propensity for missing wrench swings on the short mimics. Was pretty annoying how enemies could teleport completely away while you were attacking them, and certain enemies took an annoying amount of damage, even fully upgraded. It was never fun to be in 0 gravity, the G.U.T.S. and exterior portions were more tedious than anything. The story was kind of bare, honestly, pretty forgettable all around, characters, narrative, ending, can't say any of it resonated. It was fun though, most everything worked well enough, though a glitch kept me from getting 1 single personnel member checked off, because the robot with the key card for the office never spawned.

Biggest negative: LOAD TIMES. Holy hell the load times, every time you switch areas you have an elongated load time, at the end of the game, you have to go through probably 10 switches to complete all the stuff it throws at you. So it's LOADING *Run for 5 seconds* LOADING *Run for 10 seconds* LOADING repeat until you're ready to put your controller through the TV.

All in all, fun gameplay, forgettable story, atrocious load times. I'd give it a 7.

Comment

Finished up Prey, it was a fun little game, the typhoid were a well developed species. Does take some time to get going, it's rather frustrating until you upgrade a bit, since things can kill you super fast, and the game has a propensity for missing wrench swings on the short mimics. Was pretty annoying how enemies could teleport completely away while you were attacking them, and certain enemies took an annoying amount of damage, even fully upgraded. It was never fun to be in 0 gravity, the G.U.T.S. and exterior portions were more tedious than anything. The story was kind of bare, honestly, pretty forgettable all around, characters, narrative, ending, can't say any of it resonated. It was fun though, most everything worked well enough, though a glitch kept me from getting 1 single personnel member checked off, because the robot with the key card for the office never spawned.

Biggest negative: LOAD TIMES. Holy hell the load times, every time you switch areas you have an elongated load time, at the end of the game, you have to go through probably 10 switches to complete all the stuff it throws at you. So it's LOADING *Run for 5 seconds* LOADING *Run for 10 seconds* LOADING repeat until you're ready to put your controller through the TV.

All in all, fun gameplay, forgettable story, atrocious load times. I'd give it a 7.

Comment

Are the loading times worse than Bloodborne pre patch? Don't know if those can be rivaled though I think Recore gave it a very good run.

Have Brutal Legend and Lollipop Chainsaw arriving to me in a couple of days, both for the PS3. Can use both games as a nice change of pace to the GOTY, Persona 5. I know the latter is held in very good regard by G/B and Aaron so I look forward to it. I thought about buying it much sooner but the lack of game length for the price tag wasn't ideal at that time when I wasn't working but getting it for 20 bucks seems fair enough.
                    Currently Playing:
                    Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

Comment

Are the loading times worse than Bloodborne pre patch? Don't know if those can be rivaled though I think Recore gave it a very good run.

Have Brutal Legend and Lollipop Chainsaw arriving to me in a couple of days, both for the PS3. Can use both games as a nice change of pace to the GOTY, Persona 5. I know the latter is held in very good regard by G/B and Aaron so I look forward to it. I thought about buying it much sooner but the lack of game length for the price tag wasn't ideal at that time when I wasn't working but getting it for 20 bucks seems fair enough.
                      Currently Playing:
                      Cosmic Star Heroine(PS4), Rocket League(PS4), Steins;Gate 0(PS4)

Comment

I got tired of Brutal pretty early, but Lollipop was great.

Of course I never hold a 5 hour length against it.

Unless you pay day one price, naturally.

Comment

I got tired of Brutal pretty early, but Lollipop was great.

Of course I never hold a 5 hour length against it.

Unless you pay day one price, naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Blindy View Post
                            Are the loading times worse than Bloodborne pre patch? Don't know if those can be rivaled though I think Recore gave it a very good run..
                            I don't remember how bad Bloodborne was, but I was clocking 'em at about 60-70 seconds each moving from one area to the next. When you had to go through multiple areas, this got absolutely maddening. I don't think it was quite so bad when you died or reloaded, but going through an area door was a trudge.

Comment

Originally posted by Blindy View Post
                              Are the loading times worse than Bloodborne pre patch? Don't know if those can be rivaled though I think Recore gave it a very good run..
                              I don't remember how bad Bloodborne was, but I was clocking 'em at about 60-70 seconds each moving from one area to the next. When you had to go through multiple areas, this got absolutely maddening. I don't think it was quite so bad when you died or reloaded, but going through an area door was a trudge.

Comment

[MENTION=602]Blindy[/MENTION]

Yeah, Lollipop is great. It knows when to finish and doesn't wear out it's welcome. So it's a good time with some fun writing.

Bloodborne loading times were about 40 seconds pre patch and it was worse cause you had to stare at the logo for those 40 seconds. Made dying feel like a real punishment.

-chaos-
                                "My hit to miss ratio is sadness!"

Comment

Working...
                                X