This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What Games Are You Playing?

I earned most of my money farming Mr. Shakedown, once you get a good shotgun, buy 3-4 of 'em, and he's no trouble. Now he drops 1-2 (I've gotten as high as 3 on occasion) billion per fight. Anytime I needed some quick cash, I just ran out and dropped him a quick one.
    Originally posted by Black Dynamite
    Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

Comment

I got Yooka Laylee in the mail yesterday from Gamefly. I'm scratching my head. I just don't see what you all see in it. An hour in and I already have it packaged up to send back to Gamefly.
      Follower of Christ.

Comment

I got Yooka Laylee in the mail yesterday from Gamefly. I'm scratching my head. I just don't see what you all see in it. An hour in and I already have it packaged up to send back to Gamefly.
        Follower of Christ.

Comment

Were you a fan of Banjo? Seems like a love letter to those that were.

Comment

Were you a fan of Banjo? Seems like a love letter to those that were.

Comment

I played it a few years ago. Thought it was pretty fun. This seems like they tried an awful lot to be like it. Stripped of any real fun and adventure.
              Follower of Christ.

Comment

I played it a few years ago. Thought it was pretty fun. This seems like they tried an awful lot to be like it. Stripped of any real fun and adventure.
                Follower of Christ.

Comment

How do you feel about the genre in general? Thought it did really well at capturing the feel of the old school platformer collect-a-thons, and with the exception of Retro-Rex, did most things at the very least competently to very well. It's not a classic, but I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Also, found out today I've been money farming Mr. Shakedown the hard way, I was happy with getting a billion or two a time, but if you LOSE to him, and then go beat him, you damn near double your wallet. Whatever I had when I lost to him jumped up to 28 billion, 28 billion went to 45 billion, 45 went to 69, that's as far as I got because I found it out right before I quit, but I plan of milking the fuck out of that once I get Kiryu's 4th style to power up the hell out of him late in the game.
                  Last edited by RagnarokMike; 04-30-2017, 04:47 AM.
                  Sometimes a terrible idea is the best idea you got, and one thing I've learned, is always go with the best idea you got.

Comment

How do you feel about the genre in general? Thought it did really well at capturing the feel of the old school platformer collect-a-thons, and with the exception of Retro-Rex, did most things at the very least competently to very well. It's not a classic, but I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Also, found out today I've been money farming Mr. Shakedown the hard way, I was happy with getting a billion or two a time, but if you LOSE to him, and then go beat him, you damn near double your wallet. Whatever I had when I lost to him jumped up to 28 billion, 28 billion went to 45 billion, 45 went to 69, that's as far as I got because I found it out right before I quit, but I plan of milking the fuck out of that once I get Kiryu's 4th style to power up the hell out of him late in the game.

Comment

I'm such a lover of platforming. And even collecting games. IDK.. thought the story was bad, the grunting noises they made were awful and repetitive making me turn my sound off so I couldn't even enjoy whatdsomeone said was a great soundtrack. Fights seemed way too easy. The only challenge about it was to not be bored while playing it. Maybe I was in a bad mood. I'll give it another go before I send it back. Even my son got tired of it after about an hour and I thought this would be super fun for him.
                      Follower of Christ.

Comment

I'm such a lover of platforming. And even collecting games. IDK.. thought the story was bad, the grunting noises they made were awful and repetitive making me turn my sound off so I couldn't even enjoy whatdsomeone said was a great soundtrack. Fights seemed way too easy. The only challenge about it was to not be bored while playing it. Maybe I was in a bad mood. I'll give it another go before I send it back. Even my son got tired of it after about an hour and I thought this would be super fun for him.
                        Follower of Christ.

Comment

That's unfortunate. Haven't tried it out myself, but I'm kinda hoping it's just you.

Comment

That's unfortunate. Haven't tried it out myself, but I'm kinda hoping it's just you.

Comment

It's a little unusual to play without a map or clear objective, you do find yourself meandering a bit but it does lead to some fun exploration.

The underground glitter cove in the second world, that was a fun little find.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Originally posted by The Miz
                              I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
                              Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 300-ish

Comment

It's a little unusual to play without a map or clear objective, you do find yourself meandering a bit but it does lead to some fun exploration.

The underground glitter cove in the second world, that was a fun little find.

A ton and a half of credit to Rad for this superb artwork

Originally posted by The Miz
                                I'd rather you all hate me for everything I am than love me for something i'm not
                                Days Oncall has left to use his MITB Contract: 300-ish

Comment

Working...
                                X