Pokemon Go

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pokemon Go

Earlier this week, Nintendo released their latest app Pokemon Go. Go is an augmated reality app, giving players the opportunity to catch Pokemon through their mobile devices. Through the use of GPS and the phone's camera, players have access to all the original 151 Pokemon. However, there's more to the game than just collecting. Players can raise their Pokemon and challenge other Pokemon at select Gym locations that can be found on the players map. On top of that, there's Poke Stops that provide players with all sorts of goodies. Like gym battles, they can only be found in select locations, so the game provides plenty of incentive to explore your town and city to see what's available.

But as Alberto Del Rio once said: But you already know this.

Tell me trainers, what Pokemon do you have?

And of course feel free to share your adventures so far.

Re: Pokemon Go

I've caught a few Pokemon so far, but it's been raining here so I haven't go for a walk. I saw plenty of people walking around Charlestown Square (Shopping Mall) trying to catch them though.

What I have so far
    Spoiler

Comment

I've caught a few Pokemon so far, but it's been raining here so I haven't go for a walk. I saw plenty of people walking around Charlestown Square (Shopping Mall) trying to catch them though.

What I have so far
      Spoiler

Comment

So in Brisbane, Australia (East Coast of Australia) I've got...

Bulbasaur
        Horsea
        Nidoran Male
        Weedle
        Zubat
        Krabby
        Pinsir
        Exeggcute
        Staryu
        Magikarp
        Dodrio
        Squirtle
        Psyduck
        Caterpie
        Scyther
        Poliwag
        Paras
        Goldeen
        Poliwrath

I've had Omanyte, Nidoran Female and Abra come across my radar but unfortunately I couldn't find them.

Comment

So in Brisbane, Australia (East Coast of Australia) I've got...

Bulbasaur
          Horsea
          Nidoran Male
          Weedle
          Zubat
          Krabby
          Pinsir
          Exeggcute
          Staryu
          Magikarp
          Dodrio
          Squirtle
          Psyduck
          Caterpie
          Scyther
          Poliwag
          Paras
          Goldeen
          Poliwrath

I've had Omanyte, Nidoran Female and Abra come across my radar but unfortunately I couldn't find them.

Comment

Originally posted by System View Post

What I have so far
            Spoiler
            Are all those from Charlestown? I want to go to Hamilton, apparently there's many rare ones there. I saw one guy get a Porygon.

The uni has a good range. I saw a Haunter nearby today but couldn't find it. One guy has a Blastoise at a gym there.

My girlfriend caught a Bulbasaur in her bedroom. I caught an Eevee in my bedroom. There was a Dugtrio nearby too but I couldn't be bothered to go outside looking for it.

Spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by System View Post

What I have so far
              Spoiler
              Are all those from Charlestown? I want to go to Hamilton, apparently there's many rare ones there. I saw one guy get a Porygon.

The uni has a good range. I saw a Haunter nearby today but couldn't find it. One guy has a Blastoise at a gym there.

My girlfriend caught a Bulbasaur in her bedroom. I caught an Eevee in my bedroom. There was a Dugtrio nearby too but I couldn't be bothered to go outside looking for it.

Spoiler

Comment

I have a Squirtle. I didn't want to use my Google account, so I waited until the Club Pokemon website became available for signups, which was about half an hour ago.

How does finding Pokemon work? Do you have to be constantly staring at your phone when you're outside?

Comment

I have a Squirtle. I didn't want to use my Google account, so I waited until the Club Pokemon website became available for signups, which was about half an hour ago.

How does finding Pokemon work? Do you have to be constantly staring at your phone when you're outside?

Comment

Two teenagers are on the sidewalk in front of my house looking at their phones. Get off my lawn and leave my Pokemon

Comment

Two teenagers are on the sidewalk in front of my house looking at their phones. Get off my lawn and leave my Pokemon

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan View Post

Spoiler
                        Nah, just around the Maitland area at home. Found an Ekans at Woolworths

Comment

Originally posted by Stefan View Post

Spoiler
                          Nah, just around the Maitland area at home. Found an Ekans at Woolworths

Comment

Kids in my city are finding Pokémon in their bathrooms.

Thank you Surrender!!!
                            Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
                            If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Comment

Kids in my city are finding Pokémon in their bathrooms.

Thank you Surrender!!!
                              Voted Co-Most Underrated Nerdery Poster of 2014 (With Raven*)
                              If prowrestling were fake, it would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete & utter moron - Monty Burns

Comment

Working...
                              X